Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:14 am
OOC: Awareness/Commerce....or must I select items from the list?

GM Response: Due to the passage of time, I hadn't realized that was the same roll as your commerce one I had requested. My mistake. Carry on as normal.  
Mongooseh rolled 7 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 5 Total: 30 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 am

"To counter undermining one can always send their own miners to attempt to collapse the enemies tunnels. They do this by digging deeper than the enemies tunnel and dig at it from underneath causing a cave-in. This is a dangerous tactic because if you underestimate how deep the enemy mine is you can dig into theirs head on and finish the job for them by accident losing some miners in the process and allowing the enemy to storm your fort." Stated Kagae he was running out of tactics but he was confident he could outlast everyone else if he was allowed to stick to his safe areas.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am
@ Lore Competition:

All Engineering skills are now TN 20!

Shinjo Gemmei would nod politely when her turn came up... and raise her gaze upwards. "When my Clan was first beginning their self-imposed exile to the Burning Sands, my ancestors were forced to navigate without the use of familiar terrain. Soon, they discovered that certain patterns of the stars in the Celestial Heavens could be used to guide them by night. The stars held patterns of constellations, which were key to their survival during their journeys." {Lore: Astronomy of 12 vs TN 5}

All Lore: Astronomy skills are now TN 10!

Doji Kita would smile, though it was more for politeness than joy. "We've lost one quarter of our initial competitors. Things are getting risky now, so let us see who has the wherewithal to last yet another round." Tea in hand, she would nod to Kitsuki Wazuka to continue.

"Thank you, Kyumi-san! She is quite right, you know. Magistrates of all the major cities try to discourage such substances from entering their boundaries. Skilled investigators can often find and crush such smuggling rings, protecting the inhabitants of Rokugan from such substance abuse. The most illegal, but most addictive, of these is Opium, which has the catalyst for many local battles between the law and the underworld for centuries. I'm sure if Kyumi-san wished, she could inform us of what some of the tell-tale signs of Opium abuse would be, if she wanted to." {Lore: Law of 28 vs 15}

All Lore: Law skills are now TN 20!

Kuni Kaori would go next, ready to continue without hesitation. "The kami are prevelant in our society, though they act unseen and unheard by almost everyone. The kami do take great interest in our lives, and influence them in little ways here and there. With proper training, even a peasant can learn the ways of seeing and interpreting Omens left by the kami. These Omens are slight changes the kami make to the natural world to allow wise mortals to take a glimpse of future events. However, the kami usually only leave such Omens predicting up to a day or so in advance, usually." {Divination of 15 vs TN 10}

All Divination rolls are now TN 15!

Asako Sumi would sip her own tea, before plainly speaking her bit of trivia. "When a samurai is wronged by a peasant, they have the right to execute them on the spot without need of a trial. However, since heimin are often property of other samurai, the destruction of property can be seen as a crime of itself; thus, it would behoove most samurai to take up such matters with the kuge who own the lands." {Lore: Law roll of 26 vs TN 20}

All Lore: Law skills are now TN 25!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wazuka would seem somewhat taken aback, as if Sumi had just snagged out a bit of trivia right out from under her without her realizing it!

Kitsu Kyumi, Matsu Seichiro, you're up!  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 10 Total: 26 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:29 am
@ Juijutsu Duels

He grunted, but shook his head a second to refocus. (Spending a void to null 10 damage taken, only Grazed). "I'm not about to loose yet." Swiftly taking the lack of defense on Sosuke's part into account, he'd turn and attempt to get a strike in at his chest.

Calling 1 raise for TN and the other two for damage. (making it 3k2 if I remember right)

3k3 to hit  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 5, 1, 10, 2 Total: 30 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:29 am
Damage

3k2, I think.

I believe that's 12  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:45 am
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Kakita Zanzen managed to roll with the blow, the contact of Sosuke's fist much lighter than if Zanzen had just stood there and taken it. {Zanzen's total damage is 9, leaving him only Grazed!}

Following through, Zanzen would lean in and deliver a surprisingly forceful blow to Sosuke's chest, leaning more into it as if almost tackling the Phoenix. Sosuke would gasp at the force of the blow, reeling forward a bit. {12 damage for a total of 17; Sosuke is Grazed!}

"Where did this fire come from? ... no matter. This feels rather barbaric, but there's this compulsion I can't describe. I feel compelled to follow this through to the bitter end!" Following the same tactic as last time, he would back up a step, and attempt to peg Zanzen with a roundhouse! {18+10 vs TN 26+5, miss!} Zanzen is barely able to evade the aggressive attack, leaping back to avoid having his ribs cracked!

Zanzen, you have initiative!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

As Kojiro would stand outside the Crab Tent, it was obvious that it was occupied, as someone was currently trying to patch a hole in the side. "My name is Kaori," she would call out after a few seconds. "I have all the... FFFFFT! Damnit..." came his response, as the person inside pulled away from the patch she was working on suddenly.

Kojiro, what was your 21 a roll for?

@Scorpion Shenanigans

"I see,Kaori-san. I just thought it may be helpful to have spare materials around and I recalled that you said something about needing to recopy your scrolls."

The Scorpion would shrug. "I also was curious to know what exactly happened here. If our two cousins were responsible, then they may need to be taught a lesson...but that is up to you."

@The Jiujutsu Competition

Kojiro nodded in agreement as the Phoenix just delivered a vicious strike to the Crane's face. "It may be for the best that he lose this match. Several hits like that may dint the reputation of prettiness that the Crane have cultivated.

OOC: Posting is going to be slow ><  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 pm
@ Poetry Competition:

Seppun Benjiro would wave his hand, causing the three samurai following him on his march (and the samurai who had been following them) to cease.

"You've come very far, Hisashi. But you re-use Kigo too often." He would pause, and look over at the young Mantis. "And because of this, your quality suffers much. Third place is your prize."

Yoritomo Hisashi has been eliminated!

Whether or not he decides to continue following them, the two remaining courtiers would continue their Haiku Duel.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:08 pm
@ Poetry Competition Finale:

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll with void point, 32 vs TN 30}

"My horse runs across
road and summer field alike -
To her side, uncaged."

{Storytelling (Poetry) roll with void point, 39 vs TN 30}

"At ancestor's grave,
Traded his freedom for mine.
Debt earned - Debt repaid."

The base TN is now 35!

Ide Jiro would seem a bit hesitant now, as Doji Koan showed no sign of folding. "Peasants," he listed as the new topic, confident that Koan had so little respect for them, that he surely wouldn't be able to think of something.

"..." And suddenly, a look of panic on his face. Jiro was the one who drew the blank first! Benjiro's gaze would turn to him as they approached the Cherry Blossom tree, waiting for a response.

"From the first sun they..."
Feeling completely idiotic, he was unable to think of what to say of them to salvage this haiku.

Instead of even finishing his poem, he would simply bow, first to Seppun Benjiro, then to Doji Koan.

"Then this duel is over. Doji Koan has persevered. Glory goes to him."

And with that, the Poetry Competition would end, beneath the branches of the cherry blossom tree!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bayushi Kojiro - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Poetry Competition.
Yoritomo Hisashi - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Poetry Competition.

Also: Since it is no mystery at this point, I can reward them now. Anyone who competed in this competition gains 1 experience point which, like the one from the previous day, can be spent in any fashion of your choosing, if you decide not to bank it. Your expenditure will take effect starting the following morning. Please inform the GM of any expenditures.

((XP expenditures will not take effect until the following morning))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Poetry Competition:

"You've come very far, Hisashi. But you re-use Kigo too often." He would pause, and look over at the young Mantis. "And because of this, your quality suffers much. Third place is your prize."

For his first attempt at a poetry competition, to be eliminated due to being repetitive was a downright positive outcome. He would consider practicing the art more thoroughly in the future, and bow with respect to Benjiro.

He would continue to travel with the group, but would not receive much more enlightenment from them - the match was over practically before it had begun. And of course, his impromptu rival Koan from a couple days before had won. He would bow respectfully to the group, and again to Benjiro at his final judgment.

It was a loss, but in many ways he had gained some treasures greater than glory.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 4, 10 Total: 19 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:56 pm
@ Juijutsu Competition

He'd dodge to the side and bring an elbow around, trying to slam it into the Phoenix's back as he past.

Same as last, 1 call on accuracy, two on damage... since I assume he's going full here.

3k3  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 3, 8, 3, 4 Total: 35 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:57 pm
3k2

7, 10, 8 = 25. Figure if his current damage only has him Grazed, then I need to hit him hard.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:00 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Isawa Sosuke's roundhouse would miss Kakita Zanzen completely, and the nimble Crane would zip behind the Phoenix before he knew what was coming. A sharp blow to the back of the bushi's neck would cause him to give a muted cry of shock, and he would stumble forward a step, before falling to one knee. {25 damage, for a total of 42; Sosuke was Down!}

"Ack! How the mighty have fallen... heheh..." Sosuke would shake his head, clenching his eyes tight. "That was quite the blow you just struck, Zanzen-san. I was positive you didn't have it in you, but I stand... er, kneel corrected. Good show, this round goes to you."

"The second round goes to Kakita Zaznen," Kuni Raicho would announce, gesturing towards the Crane. "This final round will determine the winner of the match. When both fighters are ready, we may proceed."

--------------------

After a short rest and a 4e reference, Sosuke was as rested up as he could be, ready to go again. He would be starting with 6 wounds, but still be Healthy.

He probably goes second with an initiative of 15, however.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:06 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

There would be a pause after Kojiro would offer up the scroll-making supplies. After a good 20 seconds of silence, Kaori would finally respond to the Scorpion with a single word: "Enter."

If he chooses to do so, Kojiro would see Kaori sucking on her left index finger currently, and three of her fingers were bandaged up at the tips. Mind you, this could be some haphazard attempt at maho, but the odds were rather unlikely that this was the case. She was about halfway done the first patch, though the sewing job she had done to it left much to be desired. There was a respectable chance that she was learning this for the first time, figuring it out as she went.

"Why are you really here? You claim we're 'cousins', but the Crab have no need of the schemes and machinations that run through your bloodline." Ever the Crab, Kaori would ask Kojiro this rather pointedly.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 2, 5, 1, 1, 6 Total: 30 (7-70)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:07 pm
@Juijutsu Duels

He grunts and takes the fighting stance again. "I did not expect to win the last match. But perhaps I can at least gain one victory today." He smiled. "Prepare yourself, Sosuke-san, I am holding nothing back."

5k4: 21  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games