Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 am
I know my group can defend themselves, I just have a plan to help my allies. Team Kouri and Revenge on the other hand... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:15 pm
Tbh I have no idea what's going on now and why.

"What do you wanna do valac?"
"I wanna kill more people"

GM somehow translates this into staying put.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:33 pm
I understood where Valac's intentions laid. But I needed you to tell me physically what he is doing. I won't move player characters for them so I need people to write what actions they are taking besides just thier dialog. Twyla stated she was chasing after Ruin and Illya. Kuori stated she was checking on the wagon noise. Revenge and Valac were the only ones who hadn't given me any indication what physically they were doing beyond talking.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 am
Great bow range is crazy ...

I can hit every enemy on the board from where I put kuori., most are in my long range, but damn ....  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 am
Now add Distance(AV) and Far Shot = 35/65!

I had a both a seeker and a ranger(really liked it) build around it, for this game, but thought the ranger felt like a second Kouri and the Seeker as a class sucks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:39 pm
Mongooseh

PupSage

Rain Yupa

SCN_ Grey_fox

Since this is a complicated fight, I was trying to give you guys some time to plan how you want to go about it before the fight began. However, that doesn't mean you get to take free shots at the Arian soldiers during this time. If you want to RP Kuori helping provide suppressing fire while the party talks, that is fine (this won't damage any enemies, but may buy the group additional discussion time). However, if you want to roll to actually attack that means combat has begun, bringing an end to discussion time, and Kuori's attack will take place on her initiative.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:09 am
Acorn appreciates Kuori's go-get-'em attitude!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:01 am
Rain Yupa
Acorn appreciates Kuori's go-get-'em attitude!

We're a prettt nimble group by my count Rain. Revenge is the slow one.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:20 am
Kowsauni

Its cool, I just rolled damage just in case. I moreso just wanted to make a point of her range.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:37 am
Quote:
Fumiyo may be important to the overall plan, but you're strategy has us leaving a bunch of them to fend for themselves.

So does your plan. Valac has only changed the order to achieve the apparent objective as fast as realistically possible while yours leaves it to last.
Quote:

If we skirt the left tey'll have to come to us rather than be able to swarm in on us.

If you say so but going left doesn't change that this can happen to your plan also.

Quote:
With the ones by Corsica gone, and thus adding her to our team, we can take the battle to the dragon people. Using the river as a border on the other side.
Swoop in to the south for plant girl and we've got 4 more in our group.
Over to the snake and we're at 15.
Then to Fumiyo so long as that barrier doesnt move.
Rolling tide, our numbers grow as we move along. More figjters, quicker fights.

Same thing as above, Valacs plan doesn't abandon them they still would get saved hopefully but he's prioritising.

So...the main criticism seems to be on the order of who we save.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:39 am
Technically, Valac's plan is the only one not taking one thing for granted. The speed in which the bubble people can move.

Plans as I see them... Replace "the nuke" with Fumiyo.

Valac's plan: save the nuke, asap

Kouri's plan: Kill them all and Save as many as possible; One group, Ying and Corisca first, nuke last

Ruin's plan: F*** the fight, use the terrain and save as many as possible as quickly as possible; Two groups, Ying, Corisca, and Sylvia first, Nuke last (doesn't take into consideration how deep/fast the river is)

Revenge plan: Revenge saves Sylvia. Kouri moves to the center of the map. Valac acts like a bridge troll. Ruin, Illya, and Ramona save Ying and Corisca to meet Revenge and Twyla at Seraphina and Dresden's spot. Abby, Arthur and Petra act as a MASH unit. Before saving the nuke.

I tried to put things as simple as possible, but do I understand everyone's plans right?

And trying to stay in character and plan with people Ruin just met(...When I was reading since Act one, Day one), is really hard!

Based on last fight, I have determined Ruin only knows this much about his new allies...

Kouri = Arrows, knows Ying somehow and cautious, except when mentioning Ying is in danger
Valac = Has a large blade... and gold
Twyla = Arrows, doesn't know Ying(if she wasn't lying) and friendly
Revenge = A pacifist in plate armor, knows Ying somehow

Arthur, Petra = Unknown
Abby = She was an experiment and We were looking for her...

(really wish, Ruin knew about her and Abby's powers...Stone Magi doesn't take actions [and send them to the Archmage in shipping crates for statues in his garden wink ] and Dominated Magi throw spells at allies.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 pm
I have gold?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:44 pm
Mongooseh
I have gold?

Quote:
Ruin ... Taking ... from his pack ... 20 gold coins ... handed the gold directly to the barbarian

I shortened the entry to the bits in question, but if you want to read the whole bit it is on page 62 fourth form the top.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:44 pm
Actually you're a bit off for my plan. I'll do a fancy map like Gooseh did when I get home from work before I leave for the evening. No time atm.

I get home around 5pm PST. Expect something shortly thereafter.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:27 pm
Valac's plan leaves several groups to fend for themselves while we try to get to the bubble.

Revenge's plan puts Kuori in melee when she is already messed up.

Kuoris plan has the potential that the bubble could move, but even she said to abandon her plan if that happened. But if it is stationary then they will save the most people.

Beacause if we b line for fumiyo first, the others will get overtaken  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games