Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:06 pm
Dietrich approaches the wood en ladder "Ah, I think I can manage it. I got don here after all."

It was scary to watch, but the the deep gnome did manage to get to the top of the ladder after nearly falling off at several moments.

Once he climbed out he would hear Ruin's question. Turning around he would stand triumphantly over the hole with a twinkle in his beady eye. "Ah, Ms. Lydia...such an amazing wom'n. So wise and fair, I would follow here to the ends of the dark I would. So butiful and knowledegeable about everethin. I don know why she took such a loly fool as me in her service, but I can't complan."

A dark shadow soon loomed over wistful deep gnome and he would turn around and ump, nearly falling back down the hole, at the sight of Kuori in her menacing Armor. "Ah! De Umbhars are back! " Once he realized it was just another person he would calm down, but he seemed a little more sober after the experience.

Dietrich seemed a bit confused at Kuori's words. "Dead? Who can be dead? The plice was already empety when I'arived, fer days even as fa'as I can tell. Only scavenger's such as m'self here now, and this place be well picked. I was amazed to fine all that sweet nectar untouched down b'low, but it be a bit much for me to move."

A realization suddenly popped into Dietrich's head. He would look around all he party members and ask. "What bring the lot of you here? Yer tool well equipped and to bring down them umbars. Yer arernt here fer table scraps."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:08 pm
“About, Ten days ago?” Ruin would look to Revenge for conformation on the time. Telling time without the sky was difficult. “We heard Lightlost was sacked by an army, lead by a devil. This settlement and Kuori is from here. Valac, Revenge, and I are here to help her look for survivors. Since then we were contracted by General Valmist, of the Light's Stand Fort to do the same. And thus added, the two humans.”

Crestfallen, Ruin turned back to Kuori, “I am sorry, it seems I just lead us into battle for another dead end.”  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:53 am
"I'd like to meet your missus then. And maybe make sure you didn't take anything from my home. Most of what is here is salvage, I respect that, but if my mother's jewelry, or my father's weapon is in your takings I'd gladly buy it off of you or trade it. It might be all I have left depending on what we find ahead."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 pm
Dietrich would pat Ruin on the back trying to comfort him. "Ah, its alright. I find he in the un'r dark most dead ends still have a way out of em. They are just hard see at first."

To Kuori he would respond. "You want to meet Lady Lydia? Well sure sure, I would be honored to introduce you to one such as her. She loves having guests! I only recently came into her services just recently, but she has been around here long time so I'm sure she can tell you more about what happ'n. Oh, I wouldn' worry to much about yer stuff. Lady Lydia is above that. She deal's in information!"

Dietrich looked ready to head off unless anyone else had anything to ask of the drunk deep gnome.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:22 pm
"And this Lady Lydia, a fellow deep gnome like yourself?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:11 pm
The gnome would laugh at Kuori's question. "Hahahaha...I tell yah I wish she was but...no." And with that Dietrich walks out the the hall through the sundered doors and begins to head down the road.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:23 pm
Ruin would ask, "I have a student who is a bug, and belong to a court run by a fox. So, I am not in a position to judge a person by their race. BUT, I am curious... what is she, then?" following after the gnome.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:45 pm
Dietrich continued to walk down the road towards the south district. "Well... uh, the top half of her is like a drow you see, did mention she is very beitfull? But, uh, the other half of her is more like that of a giant spider? She wasn't always like that she tells me and it wasn't her choice. She's kind of selfconceus about it too so I wouldn't draw attenion to it. Oh! But you guys are from the surface! If they have some way to reverse a transformation like that up there you should let her know! It would really make her day!"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:40 am
"... a drider?" The short one would ask, before fallen back to Valac's side. At least there if she attacked Ruin first the master of destruction would be near by.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:58 am
[Monster Knowledge 18]

"Thats odd ... I always heard that Driders were the most elite warriors of the Drow, and also master manipulators. And I'm not originally from the surface Diedrich, I grew up listening to these stories." She ponders a bit, "Ireena, do you have a few spare herbs I could use for a ritual. I think that the spirits could help us find the truth in this, as well as a little more about what is left here. Big ask, I know, but I think it could keep us safe."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:06 pm
)

"Ah... A Derider. Yeah, I think that sounds right. " Dietrich would comment while continuing to walk. I response to Kuori he would say. "Oh...that's right. I forgot they said you were from the city here. Well I don't know about all that but Lady Lydia is supper smart that's for sure. She doesn't seem to like her own kind though, something of a falling out I guess. Oh! And don't mention their crazy god to her. Loylyth, or wahtever. She seems to have patruclerer disdain for that one."

Irene, who had finally finished her macabre work with the Umberhulk, casts prestidigitation on herself to cleans herself up and catches up with the rest of the group. When Kouri asks her for supplies she would respond. "Uh, Sure, I carry lots of different herbs for cooking, some of them quite exotic. What particular kind are you looking for?"

((Based on the vague description given by Dietrich, Kouri is fairly certain that he is describing a Drider. They are usually amongst the elite of Drow society but from what Dietrich is saying it sounds like she is no longer welcome among her race. She definitely sounds unusual for her kind.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:16 pm
"No, promises on my end. Those of the court come first. And, after that, it would be up to Fox. I hold my judgment, but I don't know your mistress from Asmodeus. Though, If I like her I will put a good word in for her." Ruin would state, simply  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Fetching his everburning torch, Revenge would clank up to rear guard.

Quote:
Religion check of 25 for Lolthy knowledge

"This Lady Lydia, doesn't worship Lolth? I don't know a lot about Drow or Driders, but from my teachings back at the Parish... well, that's very odd, from my understanding."

Suddenly, Revenge seemed to think of something, and quickened his pace to near the gnome.

"Hey, uh...Dietrich... this Lady Lydia of yours... she sounds like a cut above the rest. If we were to meet her, it sounds like we should be doing so without any false expectations. So we make a good impression on her - and so you can garner her favor in turn - what else can you tell us about her? The more you can tell us, the better."

Quote:
Bluff of 23 to get him talking

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:02 am
"The exotic kind. I can compensate you for them, there was a bit of an incident back at the fort and I wasn't able to buy any. Apparently my methods of exorcism don't exactly jive with the people there, but I figure that a Commune with Nature spell could help us find any survivors a lot faster than just searching everywhere."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 am
"She was there for the situation where; You wanted a doll, Revenge wanted the girl. End the end, we settled for being kicked out of the fort and their mages took over." Ruin said as he placed his arms behind his head. "Still not sure if that was the work of a devil or demon. but that would have been an epic fight. And probably the only time this week, I wouldn't have been seen as lunch..."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games