Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
The Story That Went On... (Formerly Death Cut. Completed.) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Daisy: "Nothing amusing was said."

Dan: "The image of you wearing a dress in my imagination is amusing."

Veni smiled. "The idea of a big, tall, tough looking man like you is what is amusing." The three of them also found it entertaining when he carried that bunny around.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Sephiroth began to head up the mountainous path. (Step step...random battle, step, battle, step step step.... exp. gained 1259, ap: 3, gil: 900 Angel Rosemary gained a lvl)

"We walked up this way and found a rare, but pretty site. The idea is similar to a thin part in the crust of the earth where lava can be seen easily on other planets, only it looks like a fountain made of many gems of many colors. This is a place where the life force naturally comes above ground. Though I have been wondering if it would affect you if you got near it since you are a true necromancer."

He stopped a ways from it so they could look at it since he was positive they hadn't seen anything like it before.

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Muerte just looked confused, until he was told to try to imagine somebody like him wearing a dress, something that was typically meant for a gender society had usually considered as less "powerful" in the past and more "submissive". The large man tried to envision it for a moment, then suddenly laughed.

Muerte: "I believe I understand now. Even on some of the women I knew that were warriors like myself, a dress would look... 'funny'...on their person."

He then suddenly frowned for a moment, as if remembering something sad or depressing.

- - - - - -

Jacob observed the sight, the blueish-greenish glow rising into the air mystical and grabbing his attention and curiosity. The gems were beautiful, but the energy, the life force itself self. As Rosemary and Sephiroth observed the necromancer, they noticed he seemed to take on a healthier glow than before, even more so than when he started taking better care of himself. Trace strands of the energy moved from the fountain, and began to encircle Jacob's form.

Jacob: "I'm not even absorbing this, and yet... I can feel it. It's.... making me feel stronger, more alive."

The necromantic energies that normally surrounded Jacob seemed to have expanded and increased in their intensity. Sephiroth could now sense it somewhat, and Rosemary could sense a sort of peaceful magical essence more strongly in it that had seemed clouded in the past when he used his magic.

His curiosity got the better of him. Jacob announced he was going to cast a small, simple spell. He just had to, it was itching under his skin, and it was like a voice was encouraging him to. He waved his hand... and the energy strands followed it, faces momentarily visible as a bright, blueish-white streak shot out into the air, and faded into the distance. It looked like a very small comet had streaked through the evening sky. The necromancer's jaw dropped. The spirits around his hands shifted back into life force energy.

Jacob: "That was... unexpected. I only meant to do a 'soul-flare', a simple light made by spirits, and I only meant to shoot it a few feet away. I could only imagine what would happen if I actually used some of the life force... Not that I would. I don't think I would feel right personally, knowing what it is, and what would happen to it. So much I wish to study about this...

...and yet, I fear what would happen if the Niearcim got their hands on a world like this. I have the feeling it would enhance even dark necromancy as well as the rare light variety I use, and we all know they don't have the same reservations I do..."
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:44 am

"You might be able to without harming it, but I wouldn't recommend it since I appreciate it if you don't cast another spell. I do not want to draw attention to us.

It is probably difficult for anyone to find worlds like this since the souls stay on this planet and never wander. Since they never wander they are never intercepted by a random Niearcim. This planet isn't even on the charts in Limbo.

This particular planet has its own guardians to protect itself from outside forces. The guardians are like an abomination like Diamos in power, perhaps worse. There are seven of them total. One of the seven, the most powerful known as Omega, activates when it notices a sufficient increase in the concentration of the life stream. In other words most of the planet's population dies, so the life stream is more full. Omega will then act as an arc to take that little glow away. If Omega is activated, it will destroy everything I believe. On top of these weapons there is a spell that can be activated that will destroy everything that is harmful to life including the humans if it determines them to be unnecessary.

All these obstacles has rendered Jenova unsuccessful so far even when I was helping. We were closer than she was 2000 years ago, but certain people got in our way."

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:06 am

Jacob: "I agree. That large flare was.... completely accidental. I wasn't expecting such a boost."

Jacob listened intently to the information Sephiroth was feeding him. Guardians, that were like abominations. He wasn't sure he would so readily agree with Sephiroth about them being worse than Abominations... Dieamos was powerful, but he hadn't been the strongest when the Abominations existed. Still, they weren't to be underestimated at all.

The mage gave the life-stream area a final good look, committing it to memory. He'd somewhat wish he'd had packed a camera of some sort, since there was a strange sort of magical beauty to it. There was a spell he could have cast to magically capture the scene, but he figured it would be safer not to cast any more magic until they were away from the place. As they prepared to move on, Jacob muttered a quiet blessing to the souls he could sense in the life stream, one of peace of serenity. He was surprised when he felt the sensation of calm come to him as they left.

How he wish he could study the life force further.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:49 pm

Rosemary put her hands to her face as if to take a picture and in them a camera appeared with which she used to take pictures of the fountain. When she was done the camera vanished again.

Jacob was apparently to busy admiring the fountain to notice something that Sephiroth had said, so she commented on it. "...Got in your way? What did you try to do?"

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:25 am

Sephiroth turned away from them before he answered Rosemary's question. "I summoned a massive meteor large enough to destroy any other world, but it was stopped by the spell the planet activates and by the world's life stream. It is sort of like our own heaven only everyone goes there. Maybe these souls will eventually go to that other one, I don't know. Those guardians were also created in response to Jenova's arrival. I think other means of retaliation would happen if another invading force were to come."

He remained silent for a few minutes as they walked up the mountain before he commented again. "Then again it might not be able to. The life stream was tainted when I left... but the planet had figured a way to fight back."
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:53 am

When the flash of Rosemary's camera went off, Jacob noticed it, and smiled, silently thanking her for having the foresight to bring such a thing.

Jacob didn't comment aloud, not wanting to offend Sephiroth. The man seemed to have difficulty admitting he committed such an act... and honestly, what sane individual wouldn't? Silently though, he wandered what was going through the man's mind at the moment

For a while as they moved up the mountain, Jacob listened to his boots crunching against the dirt... until something bothered him. He stopped, looking around him, and up into the night sky.

Jacob: "Wait, something... something's wrong. Something's following us."

The necromancer cast a quick spell faint glowing energy expanding outward, arcing towards the ground feet away from and fading as it touched the earth. Suddenly, an orangeish faint trail of light appeared behind them, and abruptly ended a few yards away.

Jacob: "Whoever or whatever it was is gone..."

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:37 pm

"It's not always a blessing to know what is going through the minds of others. You'd be surprised how many people you'd find insane who normally appear sane on the outside. There are many things on his mind of course, On thing he thought was 'all it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy.' He's also brooding on the past most likely thinking about the first time he came up here with a man, a brown haired woman tour guide, and others in uniform hidden by their helmets. Something about the planet not screaming as much as it once was... And when he mentioned the meteor, I saw it, a white light, and a massive amount that stream you saw. It must have come from all over the world and it stopped it even though it had already entered the atmosphere. She showed Jacob that image. "Actually the thing that's dominating his thoughts is a melody."

Rosemary looked back after Jacob. It was a spirit and she knew that she lacked the ability to sense these things well, so there was no point in her attempting to catch it by becoming invisible and falling back. She doubted anyone could have followed them here from the Soul Fortress, so it was either local or something that was possibly already there.

"Should we not speak out loud?"
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 pm

"That would probably be best," said Sephiroth as he stared at the spot for a while before continuing up the path.

"The ability to change one's looks, voice, and words, is the power of Jenova. She is able to manipulate and confuse the people around her. Even if Jenova's body is dismembered, it will eventually become one again. That's what is meant when I say reunion."

"Before I was born she was found in a crater. After some experiments a scientist came to the conclusion she was an Ancient rather than the alien that came to destroy the planet 2000 years ago. The scientists decided that they wanted to use this creature's cells to recreate that race. An unborn child was submitted to the project and was told that their mother's name was Jenova. My father...well he doesn't matter."
He had always known who his father was and had never liked or respected him.

As they drew closer to their destination Jacob felt a stronger presence of that life energy. When they reached their destination, a large building on the mountain, Sephiroth walked up the stairs and entered. It wasn't well taken care of and looked worn. It was starting to rust in places. The door was wide open. Many stories bellow them was a huge lake or river of the green life force.

He continued to walk to the back to where many pod like containers were located. Some were broke open and others were still in tact. The ones that weren't damaged still had their contents in them: mutated creatures, strange monsters. The fact that they were still there somewhat surprised Sephiroth. "That is the fruit of their labor."

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:26 pm

The harsh sound of stone against stone, and dirt rustling around rapidly drew their attention back towards the entrance.

A large, earthen golem rushed in and stood there, eyes glowing a deep orange, staring at the trio. Cracks formed on it's face, and a mouth was made, loose dirt falling away from where the hole was created.

Golem: "STOP! Go... Go no further! Leave this place! My master must not be disturbed!"
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:56 pm

"Oh? Someone in the next room trying to use Mother. That will not be allowed. That insignificant amount should have been removed a long time ago." Sephiroth didn't move further, but looked towards the door that had a plaque that said Jenova above it and willed what was in there to come back to him.

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:08 am

Possibly to Sephiroth's surprise, several small golf ball sized spheres of blood rolled along the floor, moving rapidly towards the one that called them. A figure immediately stepped out of the room and reached out, a large glowing hand emerging from his body, and scooping up the blood, carrying it to him. He quickly put them into a strange jar.

This new figure was apparently the "master" the golem spoke of. He looked old, very old, and wore loose dark grey simple clothing, with a backpack possibly filled with various magical supplies. He gave then trio a stern look.

As soon as the blood had started moving, the golem had begun it's attack.

Golem: "You do not listen! LEAVE NOW!"

Jacob and Rosemary had to dash out of the way as it slammed it's long arms towards them, it's fists bursting open and sending large rocks flying every which way. Several of these hit some of the pods holding the monsters Sephiroth had indicated early, knocking a few loose. As the golem swung it's limbs and haphazardly threw stones, the old man who was apparently a mage of some sort, began chanting, a glowing circle appearing beneath the feet of the golem and the three who ended up having to fight said golem.

Jacob took one look at the glowing circle and it's symbols on the ground, and immediately shouted out a warning, to try to avoid the ever expanding thing. However, the golem wasn't making it easy, the creature keeping them trapped within it with it's attacks.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:41 am

Rosemary actually began to pound the rocks flung at her into rubble with her fists at first and then she began to actually smack them back at the golem, or the mage if the angle was right, as if she was playing volleyball.

Teleportation spell.

The blood was very active and tried to knock over and break its confinement. Sephiroth hid behind one of the containers to avoid the rocks and cast a silent spell on the mage so that he couldn't finish his chant and complete the spell. Teleportation spell he had gotten from Rosemary. Several of the twitching failed experiments came to life and easily withstood the barrage of rocks as they made their way to the mage and the container.

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 am

The teleportation circle faded as the mage focused on shooting bolts of lightning at several of the monsters and at Sephiroth, attempting to stop him from finishing his Silence spell. A blow against a quickly made barrier made the mage drop his jar container (later when Sephiroth would try to open it, he would find that not even Rosemary's brute strength would shatter the jar), and as the monsters began to close in on him, he grew angry and teleported out of sight.

Golem: "Master! Where are you!?"

The stony creature stopped attacking and stumbled, a few chunks missing from returned boulder blows by Rosemary. Suddenly ignoring the others, the golem crumbled to a pile of rocks and dirt, it's spirit visible but quickly fading as it rushed outside.

Golem spirit: Master! Where did you go!?

Before the spirit could become completely invisible or get too far, Jacob summoned a charm from his pocket dimension, crushed it, and shouted several strange words. Yellow strands of string-like glowing energy flailed out around him in a circle, and several entangled the spirit.

Golem spirit: Master! Help me! Where are you, master!?

The once so bold sounding spirit suddenly sounded frightened and alone. Jacob held the trapped glowing blue fog essence before him.

Jacob: "Why is your master here? What is he doing here?"

Golem spirit: I'll tell you nothing, necromancer!
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games