Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

October Night Starlight

Devoted Streaker

5,325 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 pm
Jaxdrill
Hadaka Kyoujin

everytime.. every damn time i look at your avatar.. I can only think of two words.... Honk Honk.

XD Im so glad Im not the only one...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm
October Night Starlight
Jaxdrill
Hadaka Kyoujin

everytime.. every damn time i look at your avatar.. I can only think of two words.... Honk Honk.

OH good, I'm not the only one on here that thinks he's freaking Gamzee..  

Jaxdrill

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:36 pm
Jaxdrill
Hadaka Kyoujin

WeLl, ThAt's aLl uP AnD ******** BeCaUsE I'M CoSpLaYiNg aNd s**t As gAmZeE, bRo. : o ) HoNk.

(Sorry for all those who found this offense. It's not meant to be. I'm just roleplaying as Gamzee from Homestuck for a moment, which means, unfortunately, I hafta swear a lot.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 pm
Le chatters of le guild OOC, which village should I join?  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

October Night Starlight

Devoted Streaker

5,325 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:44 pm
Jaxdrill
October Night Starlight
Jaxdrill
Hadaka Kyoujin

Lol, Gamzee is my favorite out of the trolls though, Sollux is pretty funny though.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:45 pm
October Night Starlight
Jaxdrill
October Night Starlight
Jaxdrill
Hadaka Kyoujin

Lol, Gamzee is my favorite out of the trolls though, Sollux is pretty funny though.....

Gamzee's mine, too, especially since and when he becomes crazy.  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork

In a sense. Till's version doesn't directly introduce scary things to children. He just kind of tells them about the scary things that come out when it's dark, the moon is full, and how they'll find children under their beds and under their covers. The weirdest thing about Till's version is that he seems to feed off the tears of the children as a result, as he literally says "your hot tears will enter my cold veins".

So, he's like The Boogeyman's sadistic brother? While The Boogeyman feeds off of fear, Das Sandmannchen feeds off of sorrow?

Supposedly. You just have to interpret the lyrics to the best of your ability. If the song isn't explicitly about sex, Rammstein's lyrics are intensely metaphorical and up for debate. They're very poetic sometimes.

I wonder if it'd be better to watch it at night or somethin'?

Also, I have two questions. Numero ichi ist "Are you a boy or girl?" (In this style to reference Professor Oak.) Numero ni ist "What is your ethnicity"?

Depends on how susceptible you are to such darker things.

Female. Native-American.

Meh, I'm not that susceptible anymore. I used to get nightmares for a week if I watched a scary movie like The Grudge or Ring.

(As a matter of fact, I would always dread going to bed at night because that meant going underneath the door to my attic, which was literally right in front of my room. There was also this instance involving Ring outside of my house. Hang on, lemme figure out how to structure it properly.........okay. So, when I was younger, my mother would deliver papers for Augusta Chronicle, which you probably wouldn't know about unless you lived in the CSRA part of Georgialina. [The term given to the border between Georgia and South Carolina.] Anyway. There was this one stop we had that had this tree in the middle of this guy's yard surrounded by a cylindrical stone wall. However, because of how dark it was, all we saw was the stone wall, and, naturally, after having watched Ring before, we kinda freaked out a little bit 'cause it looked like the well. Poor guy never got his paper that time.)

Oh, and I've apparently come up with an idea for a Genjutsu-using Bloodline based off of Till's Sandmannchen...and various other disturbing things similar to it. Care to hear about it? I'd also like some input, too, in case I ever actually wind up going through with submittin' it.

The Japanese version of The Grudge was better, but it was still a meh movie. I love The Ring, though.

Your poor dear. When I was a child, around seven or eight, I had very different fears. More along the lines of esoteric horror like eldritch stuff.

Sure. Go ahead and let me hear it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:56 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Meh, I'm not that susceptible anymore. I used to get nightmares for a week if I watched a scary movie like The Grudge or Ring.

(As a matter of fact, I would always dread going to bed at night because that meant going underneath the door to my attic, which was literally right in front of my room. There was also this instance involving Ring outside of my house. Hang on, lemme figure out how to structure it properly.........okay. So, when I was younger, my mother would deliver papers for Augusta Chronicle, which you probably wouldn't know about unless you lived in the CSRA part of Georgialina. [The term given to the border between Georgia and South Carolina.] Anyway. There was this one stop we had that had this tree in the middle of this guy's yard surrounded by a cylindrical stone wall. However, because of how dark it was, all we saw was the stone wall, and, naturally, after having watched Ring before, we kinda freaked out a little bit 'cause it looked like the well. Poor guy never got his paper that time.)

Oh, and I've apparently come up with an idea for a Genjutsu-using Bloodline based off of Till's Sandmannchen...and various other disturbing things similar to it. Care to hear about it? I'd also like some input, too, in case I ever actually wind up going through with submittin' it.

The Japanese version of The Grudge was better, but it was still a meh movie. I love The Ring, though.

Your poor dear. When I was a child, around seven or eight, I had very different fears. More along the lines of esoteric horror like eldritch stuff.

I had a lot of different fears when I was younger, mostly due to the paranoia caused by my Autism, but, now I've gotten over just about all of them, except the drowning bit. I also get extremely nervous around heights.

Anyway, here goes. I was thinkin' of callin' the Bloodline the "Osogami Clan," and, as I said, they'd center around Genjutsu, but the Genjutsu would be just about nightmares and stuff, not any reality-altering or intentional misdirections. Just plain ol' scare a person to death, literally. I was also thinkin' they could have some Taijutsu stuff, and that maybe their strength was increased by feeding off of the fears of others? Although, if that might be too GM-ish, it could always be dropped. Ah, also, every member of the clan would have white face paint with various other applications, sometimes using clown styles, and that, perhaps maybe, they would be like the Akimichi clan's fat being excess chakra or something. Oh, and they'd all be insane, in various ways.

...think you could help me spruce it up and trim away the bad limbs?

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

I had a lot of different fears when I was younger, mostly due to the paranoia caused by my Autism, but, now I've gotten over just about all of them, except the drowning bit. I also get extremely nervous around heights.

Anyway, here goes. I was thinkin' of callin' the Bloodline the "Osogami Clan," and, as I said, they'd center around Genjutsu, but the Genjutsu would be just about nightmares and stuff, not any reality-altering or intentional misdirections. Just plain ol' scare a person to death, literally. I was also thinkin' they could have some Taijutsu stuff, and that maybe their strength was increased by feeding off of the fears of others? Although, if that might be too GM-ish, it could always be dropped. Ah, also, every member of the clan would have white face paint with various other applications, sometimes using clown styles, and that, perhaps maybe, they would be like the Akimichi clan's fat being excess chakra or something. Oh, and they'd all be insane, in various ways.

Generally any genjutsu-based clan is going to be weak with taijutsu, and the usual hand-wave to explain this is that they focus more on training their mind and chakra than their bodies. Since many people who roleplay in the Naruto universe follow this line of thinking, you'd have a hard time getting them to see things your way. So I would say just cut out the taijutsu bit entirely. If I were you, I'd focus on the genjutsu almost exclusively. Instead of powering up their bodies, have the fear the subject feels reinforce the genjutsu itself. Come up with some measurable way to calculate the amount of fear someone has and proceed normally.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:34 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

Generally any genjutsu-based clan is going to be weak with taijutsu, and the usual hand-wave to explain this is that they focus more on training their mind and chakra than their bodies. Since many people who roleplay in the Naruto universe follow this line of thinking, you'd have a hard time getting them to see things your way. So I would say just cut out the taijutsu bit entirely. If I were you, I'd focus on the genjutsu almost exclusively. Instead of powering up their bodies, have the fear the subject feels reinforce the genjutsu itself. Come up with some measurable way to calculate the amount of fear someone has and proceed normally.

That was my way o' thinkin', too. I was just curious if anyone else thought that way. Also, you commented on the Tai thing, but you didn't comment on any of the other stuff.  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:35 pm
CanoodlingFlibbertyJibbet

Astra, baby-doll-buttercup-babycakes-hot-stuff, I don't know if you're one of these approval mods or whatever, but if you are, you should go take a look at my profile that I posted. And no, I'm not ******** with you. It's really there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:40 pm
Victorian Clockwork

Astra, baby-doll-buttercup-babycakes-hot-stuff, I don't know if you're one of these approval mods or whatever, but if you are, you should go take a look at my profile that I posted. And no, I'm not ******** with you. It's really there.

Send me a link to it. And before you ask, then reason why I don't just go to the main forum, then click away to my heart's content is 'cause I'm a lazy b*****d. (No joke.)  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:41 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

That was my way o' thinkin', too. I was just curious if anyone else thought that way. Also, you commented on the Tai thing, but you didn't comment on any of the other stuff.

Concerning the thing about the face paint, perhaps the actual ability of the kekkai genkai would be to induce different effects with their skin pigments, which could then in turn influence their genjutsu. Like, rudimentary abilities would be maybe changing their skin pigment to look like scary clowns and that is one level of fear. However, when they get stronger they perhaps can induce their skin pigments further and display more gruesome or frightening images like an oni mask eyeballs appearing all over their body or tentacles appearing somewhere.

Obviously these effects are not really happening, but inside the genjutsu they are.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:43 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork

Send me a link to it. And before you ask, then reason why I don't just go to the main forum, then click away to my heart's content is 'cause I'm a lazy b*****d. (No joke.)

Nyah.  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

Concerning the thing about the face paint, perhaps the actual ability of the kekkai genkai would be to induce different effects with their skin pigments, which could then in turn influence their genjutsu. Like, rudimentary abilities would be maybe changing their skin pigment to look like scary clowns and that is one level of fear. However, when they get stronger they perhaps can induce their skin pigments further and display more gruesome or frightening images like an oni mask eyeballs appearing all over their body or tentacles appearing somewhere.

Obviously these effects are not really happening, but inside the genjutsu they are.

Interestin' idea. But, perhaps we could go a different route with that? Like say, their face paint changes at each rank, being more diversified the higher rank they are? But, the "standard" face-paint...image...thing would be a clown's basic style. Just white background, heavy eye-shadow and black lips. I mean, after all, Genjutsu is only limited to the imagination of the user, so, showing someone images of eyes or tentacles popping up all over or oni masks and things like that would be a cinch for anyone creative enough to think of them.  
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games