Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 5, 1 Total: 9 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:10 pm
@Juijutsu Duels

As if to reinforce that statement, the Crane's speed came back to him, letting him get the first move of the match. Moving as if going for a high punch, he instead tried for a rising knee, awkwardly executed.

[3k3]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

There would be a pause after Kojiro would offer up the scroll-making supplies. After a good 20 seconds of silence, Kaori would finally respond to the Scorpion with a single word: "Enter."

If he chooses to do so, Kojiro would see Kaori sucking on her left index finger currently, and three of her fingers were bandaged up at the tips. Mind you, this could be some haphazard attempt at maho, but the odds were rather unlikely that this was the case. She was about halfway done the first patch, though the sewing job she had done to it left much to be desired. There was a respectable chance that she was learning this for the first time, figuring it out as she went.

"Why are you really here? You claim we're 'cousins', but the Crab have no need of the schemes and machinations that run through your bloodline." Ever the Crab, Kaori would ask Kojiro this rather pointedly.

Koijro entered the battered tent carefully and set down the paper on a convenient surface. "I am here because I am a poor samurai in need of friends to complete my quest. A Kuni shugenja would make a potent ally."

The Bayushi would walk around and observe the progress that Kaori was making. "It is true that you must complete the repairs by your own hand, but you can receive aid in a fashion. I can summon a servant to teach you how to repair a tent more effectively, if you like. Or perhaps you should have the Kaiu supervise you.. Between the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice, he owes you something." Kojiro snickered.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:50 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Kakita Zanzen would attempt a mock-feint, in attempt to catch Sosuke off guard. The Phoenix would not have it, easily stepping back and rendering the whole tactic mute. Perhaps Zanzen's footwork should remain on solid ground...

Still relatively healthy, Sosuke would focus his Void on accuracy, and stick to a basic attack pattern this time. However, the Crane was too wily for him this round.

Zanzen, go!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:41 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Kaori would raise a paint-emphasized eyebrow at Kojiro as she looked at him. "Your 'quest'," she would repeat, more as a statement than a question. A TN 10 Awareness/Investigation (Interrogation) would show that she seemed to be in somewhat disbelief of his claims.

Kaori would wave off Kojiro with one hand. "I was told to do this without assistance, and that's exactly what I intend to do. Whatever your real motives for coming here, they are of no interest to me, so stop trying to win my favor. Take your gifts and go."

Kojiro, you're losing her!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 4, 7 Total: 26 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans

"Yes. My quest." Kojiro glowered. "I mean to cleanse my family's name of a blight upon it. A skilled magistrate who once served his clan was turned to the Dark One's side. He bears swords that are destined for my children. I will claim them from him."

The Scorpion sighed as the Crab refused him. "I know exactly what Raicho-sama's instructions were to you, Kuni-san.. I was here when she gave you her punishment. Would she think less of you if you accepted aid if it ensured that you did the job properly? No one's hands but yours will repair this tent. It is just seeking appropriate advice."

OOC: Awareness/Notice roll
Results: 25  
Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:52 pm
explosion!  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 10 Total: 25 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:57 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Slipping by another attack, he'd turn into his next attack, a quick side slice with his hand, hoping to strike past the Phoenix's defenses and catch his right side.

3k3

Can I cry now? Of all the rolls, it had to give me the two tens on one that doesn't explode.

Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 1, 7 Total: 21 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:58 pm
2k1 damage

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:06 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

Kakita Zanzen may begin to bawl at any time. No roll is needed.

Sosuke would dish out a strong punch, having it be easily evaded. Zanzen would capitalize on it, slipping past the Phoenix's side and delivering a swift blow to his ribs! {8 damage, Sosuke has a total of 14, and is Grazed!}

"You fight with much spirit, Zanzen-san. Too much for me to handle at this rate! Now, I won't stop until you're face down on the ground like before!" Spending a void point, he would go Full Attack, putting the raises towards accuracy and focusing his Void for damage. {22+10 vs TN 26+5, hit; 8+3 = 11 damage, for a total of 18; Zanzen is Injured!}

Pinning Zanzen's arm beneath his own, he would haul back with his left, and deliver a crushing chop to the side of Zanzen's skull!

Zanzen, you have initiative, and 3 free raises!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:18 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Bayushi Kojiro, roll Awareness/Courtier (Manipulation) or Awareness/Etiquette (Conversation) vs Kaori's untrained Awareness/Investigation (Interrogation) roll of TN 13. Success means that she realizes you aren't lying to her about your story.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 1, 1, 2 Total: 12 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:21 pm
OOC: Going Awareness (Etiquette) here.
Results: 11  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 2 Total: 17 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:27 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duels:

He stumbles a bit and shifts, focusing to clear his head (void for removal of 10 damage, down to 7, nicked). Shifting quickly to in, he'd attack fiercely. "Then this shall be my all!"

Full Attack

3k3, 1 call for TN, 4 for damage  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 8 Total: 13 (2-20)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:28 pm
Test of Honor
Results: 13  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 8, 1, 9, 3 Total: 25 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:28 pm
2 calls are 3k2, so 4 are 4k3

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

When Kojiro mentioned Magistrate Raicho's possible reaction, Kaori would laugh. "You don't know the magistrate very well, do you? She'd have my head if I got any assistance. Humility is more important than quality to her, and she's right; this is what I deserve."

She would settle when she heard Kojiro's story, and there would be a few moments as if she hadn't believed him at all. Perhaps she still didn't. "If - and I emphasize the word 'if' - you were telling me the truth, why? No Scorpion I've ever met so easily tells their own secrets so readily." She would pause, going back to the patch on the tent, but hesitating and stopping again before she could start. "My duty to Rokugan would require me to participate in any attempts to eliminate such threats to our way of life. But, we are amidst a tournament here, so it WOULD have to wait if I did accept your offer. Do you have this fallen ancestor's whereabouts?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games