Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:54 pm
Maiya Kajuji

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi smiled a bit wider, her flush starting to fade as she calmed and her usual recluseness also slowly subsiding.
"My Muggle parents are authors, they enjoy making up names and words whenever they have the chance. They even named me Phinelia. Oh - I hadn't introduced myself, but please just call me Phi." She bowed her head slightly, "I also know many famous names from reading. My own owl is named Hermes after the mythological deity."
Phi had stopped twirling her hair now, but she became aware she had begun to ramble. A common thing she found herself doing once she finally found herself in a real conversation.
"What is she like?" gesturing to the young bird staring up at both of them.

╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:05 pm
jane Abigail doyle
User Image
Jane was liking the way this conversation was going. She was excited by the things Phi was saying. Jane's parents were muggles just like Phi's. Also she was taking about Greek mythology something Jane was extremely interested in and Phi's parents were authors, that was what Jane wanted to be, before she found out she was a witch anyway no she wasn't sure what she would do with her life. Jane took the white and brown owl out of it's cage, the bird clasped onto her robe covered arm. "I'm Jane Doyle." She said before taking about her owl. "Well she's smart. I know it sounds a little crazy considering she's an animal but she's a genius. She's also very strong-willed but loyal and loving. She's doesn't like being around to many people and she's rather quiet" Jane was a little amazed how she was going off, could an owl really have that much personality?

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Antechrista

Dapper Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 pm
II--Gen3sis--II

User Image

User ImageThe voice Stanley heard from his side quickly made him turn towards the girl it had come from. His expression instantly lit up at the prospect of talking to more people.

"No, don't apologize," he responded to Rayne. The only thing that disconcerted him was that he seemed to be expected to comment, or respond with his own house name, or something like that. It was earlier than he was comfortable with to spill the truth. He smirked. "I'm hoping for Gryffindor as well, but that might not happen."

"My parents were both from different houses, but my father tells me to not let that keep me from shooting for what I want." That was not exactly a lie, but he tried to avoid drawing attention to the essential question. He did not like talking about his lineage.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:27 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

"Not crazy at all," she retorted, "Animals have just as much personality and just as many quirks as we do. Most people don't realize until they have their own pet. Hermes definitely is a one of a kind owl." She reached out a finger and stroked the owl on her head. Phi loved the feel of feathers.
"Well, If we are going for deity names, Isis was an Egyptian goddess of motherhood, magic and life. There was also Eoster, a Germanic goddess that got attached to Easter. Ilmatar is the Finnish goddess of creation..." Phi looked the owl up and down and pondered, "She looks a bit like an Isis. Though I don't quite know..." Phi had names and ideas running through her imaginative head, though instead she reached for her book and opened to a random page, pointing out the first name she noticed on the page.
"Minerva?" She blinked at the book and shrugged. it was a method always worth giving a chance.

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:42 pm
jane Abigail doyle
User Image
Jane thought for a moment. "How about Athena. It is the Greek version of Minerva." She stroked the small owl on her arm. "Or perhaps something to do with her coloring?" She gave a slight almost undistinguished "Marshmallow perhaps" The owl had also reminded Jane of a perfectly toasted marshmallow. Jane again gave a slight laugh "Or if we are sticking with deities what about Qetesh. Egyptian Goddess of Fertility and Sexual pleasure?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Any opinions?" I asked looking at Phil.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm
Ephendelum

User Image
User Image

xrunnin',
runnin' from those days

Rayne gave him a friendly grin, "Well, let's hope we both get the house we want then. My father was a Gryffindor so I thought, hey, why not try following in his footsteps. What classes are you looking forward to the most? I'm ecstatic to finally learn flying."

She gave Stanley another grin, this time a bit cheekily, "Mom is paranoid that I'll never get off my broom after I finally do learn. But I think she just worries too much." Rayne also couldn't help but start wondering when they'll be getting moved to the lake. She was starting to get antsy with all the waiting.

xthere's another war inside me
i guess i've gone insane

User Image
First year ~ Unsorted

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:56 pm
Maiya Kajuji

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

She nodded and smiled again, very much enjoying her company with Jane. "It is your owl, you have the final choice. I very much like Qetesh though. Egyptian mythology has always interested me."
Phi wondered, mostly hopped, whether there was a Mythology class at Hogwarts. Or whether there was even different branched for both Muggle and Wizard myths. Phi had in fact purchased a book in Diagon Alley about Wizard myths that had sucked her in completely for about two days. It had been terribly interesting.

She smiled to herself, her eyes sparking slightly with her thoughts, and stroked the owl again, wondering where Hermes was.

╚══════════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:03 pm
Pale Mist

jane Abigail doyle
User Image
Jane nodded. She was torn between marshmallow and Qetesh. "Maybe I'll decide once we get to the castle." Jane said not wanting to make a decision now. She looked around. "Speaking of which, do you have any idea when we will be leaving for Hogwarts?" Even with talking to Phi she was starting to get bored, beyond bored and the smell of the train station was starting to make her sick.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Antechrista

Dapper Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:08 pm
User Image

User ImageStanley nodded, grinning. The mention of flying made him think of freedom--he hoped he could be part of the Quidditch team, someday. But it was probably wishful thinking; he was sure there were going to be better players than he could be, in his first year.

"I'm looking forward to Transfiguration class," he said. Stanley wanted to turn things into other things, as well. He figured it could be useful for a lot of things.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:14 pm
Maiya Kajuji

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted

– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi shook her head, "I have just been waiting for some sort of sign meaning we were going to move. I suppose once our guide knows we are all here." Her eyes landed on the adult woman who was continually have first years introduce themselves to her.
"I feel like the more pressing question is how we are getting tot he castle..." She looked around and noticed that older students were going towards what seemed to be a large amount of horse-less carriages. Though, they as first years seemed to have another route planned for them. Though all Phi could see was the lake.

╚══════════════════╝

Pale Mist

tarantaellegra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxвℓαкε αη∂ αℓεxαη∂яια εтнεℓωιηε
User ImageUser Image

Where are we? Hogsmeade Station.

Who's with us? Us.

What are we doing?
Heading to the carriages.

Oh Orange Coconut
{ }

User Image

A pair of Gryffindor twins fashioned themselves out of the train. The cold fall breeze was about as chilly as they had remembered it. It was an odd thing, coming back to Hogwarts. It was already their third year here. As they darted towards the crowd, gatherings of both first years and above, it astounded them to look back on the huddled first years. There were certainly more than they had the years before. The variety of hair colors in the group certainly brought a light to their eyes. With arm touching arm, they headed towards the carriages where they hoped to meet someone familiar to them.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 pm

User Image
User Image

Preston felt odd, to say the least. The source of his trouble? The shinny prefect badge pinned onto the pocket of his black school robes. The blasted thing had given him nothing but annoyance and grief. His proud mother was more doting than usual before he left for school, and he was roughly dragged away from his train cabin to join his fellow prefects—not being particular close to any of them made the ride ever so awkward for him. 'I'm going to get ostracized from my fellow pranksters...' He thought sadly as he pulled his house tie around his collar.

The brunette sighed softly to himself, and then clumsily knotted his tie. After four tries, he got to where it looked proper. 'Hm, I've improved. It used to take seven tries...' He noted, lips pulling up slightly into a small, amused smile. Pres ran a hand through his long hair, and then neatly pulled it into a low ponytail. He pushed the cabin door open violently, scaring a first that walked by. After murmuring an apology, he shuffled along the aisles towards the nearest exit.

The Gryffindor found one, and then jumped down, landing on the pavement with ease. With his 5'11 height, the distance hadn't been that far. For a while, he just stood where he was, watching the buzz of the platform. Students and their pets. The chatter of first years forming friendships. Old mates greeting one another. His blue gaze swept around catching this. 'I don't see Tammy or Lu...' He thought, the only two people he considered friends. Being a social drifter, he knew a lot of people, made a lot of acquaintances, but not friends. After last swept he gave up.

Preston sauntered to the platform, passing through the crowd with its small groups. He walked over to the path thar led to the carriages, going inside the first one he saw. His gaze immediately flitted to the pale blonde sitting down. After catching that familiar face, he grinned cheerfully. The boy took the bench across from her, sitting sideways so his long legs could take up the entire thing. Though he had only grown an inch, he was still tall. And those long limbs of his were no longer gangly or awkward. The Summer had been kind enough to let his limbs fill out. Well, that and his job. Lifting crates did create some muscle...

Smiling coyly, the Gryffindor loudly exclaimed in an airy tone. "Huh? What's thes? Th' first carriage Ah try an' it seems aam unlucky enaw tae end up in th' sam a body as Bonks." He ran a hand through his hair, and then heaved a sigh for dramatic effect. When her pale gaze flitted up to meet his, he stuck out his tongue childishly. "Nice tae see ye again, sweit. Ah see 'at yoo've changed ye coloored hair again." Preston commented. He moved one of his legs so it was bent up, and then rested an elbow on it casually. "So, hoo hae ye bin?" He inquired, giving her his trademark charming smile.

User Image
F i f t h ||| Y e a r
User Image
[[ Accent Translation:
1. "Huh? What's this? The first carriage I try and it seems I'm unlucky enough to end up in the same one as Bonks."
2. "Nice to see you again, sweet. I see that you've changed you coloured hair again."
3. "So, how have you been?"
]]

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 pm
User Image
User Image

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「I wonder if there are really mermaids here」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Tyler & Kaera」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」
~ - ~ωild Ϩtyle~ - ~

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn hurried of the train. It appeared she was last one off. Falling asleep on the way is normal but a certain teal head girl didn't wake her up to change till they were just arriving. She tired to fix her mess of hair. Now in her Hufflepuff robes, she hurried over to where the her cousin was standing with Tyler. "Thanks for making sure I looked my best!" She jested, nudging her. Turning to Tyler, "Long time no kiss mister." She greeted with a smile. She linked her hand in his and rose on her tip toes to give him a kiss. "So are you guys read for this year?" Ryn asked happy to be at her home away from home.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:48 pm
Ephendelum

User Image
User Image

xrunnin',
runnin' from those days

"oooo, yes, yes. Transfiguration is fun and could be very helpful. Especially in situation where you don't have the required materials." Rayne replied. She'd seen her dad configure a string into spoon when they all went camping once. She couldn't help but find that fascinating at the time. Oh the joys of having a simple seven year old mind at the time. Seven year olds were usually fascinated by everything and anything under the sun. Granted, she was still fascinated by pretty much everything magical but that wasn't really the point.

"I hope we get to head to the lake soon. I'm getting even more ansty." Rayne added after a moment before a low grumbling could be heard. She blushed and giggled embarrassed, "And my stomach is apparently hungry and wanting food. After sorting and if we're in the same house want to sit next to me?"

'That might have been a bit quick. Oh well, too late,' she thought briskly and did her best to shrug it off.

xthere's another war inside me
i guess i've gone insane

User Image
First year ~ Unsorted

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Antechrista

Dapper Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:55 pm
II--Gen3sis--II

User Image

User ImageStanley felt something inside his heart begin to float as he heard Rayne's request. He never expected to be so liked in Hogwarts. He smiled, and looked towards Rowen and Wally for a short while, before returning his gaze onto Rayne.

"Yes, of course!" he said. Despite himself, he felt a bugging thought and uncertainty bubble up at the back of his head. Stanley didn't know this girl's name, and neither did she know his. He decided to quickly remedy the situation. "But, ah, what's your name?"

User Image  
Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games