Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:47 pm
Alright, I will be waiting for Rain's mapping of Revenge's plan.

I could be wrong, the enemy wants to recapture the successful experiments.
In that thought, Valac's plan is the one I like the most, taking the bridge. Stops there movement to the portal ... unless if there is a second way to that portal.

Quote:
I've been trying to rescue her but they are creating some sort of magical barrier around her that's blocking all of my attacks.
At some point, Can Kouri put an arrow in one of the magi under that bubble? I wonder if their barrier stops only magical/experimental abilites or does it also effect physical attacks from non-magical/experimental sources.

And Could we forget about killing everyone in individual groups and just carve a path for those who could move to move to us? Like kill the two south of Corisca, so she with Ying could make a B-line for us same for the others, that can move. On our way to the bridge, I agree with Pup, that larger numbers mean better chances, but I also think taking one group on at a time "as a rolling tide" would take too much time.

(A side thought, that runs along side of Kouri's arrow, of getting Ruin close to the bubble and activating his armor's daily power(Armor of sacrifice) for Fumiyo to awaken inside the bubble, but, heavy armor... and tons of squares to cover.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:09 pm
Ruin knows who Petra is, and would know she was part basilisk from the others, and thus could probably surmise her petrification power. Though the rest of the party knows, that despite her ability to turn people to stone, Petra doesn't know how to fight.

The party also remembers the Arains want their experiments back alive so the only people at immediate risk of death are the PCs and Arthur.

Ramona did also mention they are dragging Fumiyo away towards the portal, but the party has not yet seen how fast that group is moving.  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:22 pm
Kowsauni
... so the only people at immediate risk of death are the PCs and Arthur.
Would that also count Valac? I thought he was also an experiment.... failed one, but still.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Kowsauni
... so the only people at immediate risk of death are the PCs and Arthur.
Would that also count Valac? I thought he was also an experiment.... failed one, but still.

That would be interesting to know wouldn't it. wink  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:44 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:00 pm
Uploading maps now.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm
FIRST PHASE

Revenge and Kuori head east towards the flower girl. Revenge takes point as a defender should, while Kuori arrows them. Revenge is represented by Sailor Moon, while Kuori is Xerxes of the Persians:

User Image

Meanwhile, Valac charges through the center towards the bridge, with Twyla as support. Valac is obviously Doomguy, while Twyla is Stitch:

User Image

To the west, Ruin leads the charge to go help Corsica and Ying, bringing Ramona and Illya as support to free up Corsica. Ruin is represented by the Reaper of Souls:

User Image

SECOND PHASE

Revenge and Kuori rescue the flower girl. Revenge heals her with Lay on Hands and has her go to the wagon with potential healing potions. Kuori uses the river as a natural barrier to shoot the Arians attacking Snake Girl. Since Revenge likely took the brunt of any damage getting here, Kuori should be fine to absorb a couple ranged attacks. By taking the heat off Snake Girl, she undoubtedly supports Kuori's attack from her end. Revenge heads northwest.

User Image

Valac is undoubtedly slowed for a round or two at the bridge. Twyla keeps him up/buffs him. As soon as he clears the bridge, he punches through and rushes to rescue Fumiyo. Revenge should be meeting up with Twyla about this point; they can either go help the reptile duo, assist Valac, or help Snake girl, as needed. I suspect the two of them might head Northwest.

User Image

Ruin, Ramona, and Illya have freed up Corsica. Whoever is more hurt between Ramona and Illya takes Ying to the wagon for healz. Ideally, Ramona will return because with Flower Girl's potions, she can most easily fly to deliver them to people if they need them. Ruin, Illya(?), and Corsica head to the reptile duo. They may be joined by Revenge and Twyla at this point.

User Image

I haven't planned beyond this point because if we make it here, we've pretty much won and just need to mop up.

Thoughts? (I need to leave for a while, I'm already late for my other plans)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:21 pm
The images require an update for 3rd party something or another

Kouri is hard set to save Ying and Corsica... I would suggest changing Kouri for Illya and Ramona  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 pm
I'm okay with most of that plan, except for a few parts.

Team 2 charging through the middle is suicide.

I am not supporting this, but if you want to split, I would suggest 2 groups.

Team 1
Revenge
Abby
Kuori
Petra
Arthur

Objective 1: Plant Girl
Objective 2: Snake Girl
Objective 3: Fumiyo

Team 2
Valac
Twyla
Ruin
Ramona
Illya

Objective 1: Corsica
Objective 2: Dragons
Objective 3: Fumiyo

THAT SAID!

Given that each mage took 2-3 hits in the previous encounter and were using abilities that did damage and healed them in addition to packing potions, I think we need to stay as grouped up as possible  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:39 pm
Revenge's plan... Things I don't like,

Best case scenario (2 hits per mage, all of our attacks hit, and the baddies don't practice hit and run) I see first phase round looks like

Revenge and Kouri(can't remember if she, drank the potion or if she is still injured) deals with 6, 4 rounds, and this is without Sylvia's involvement, before 10 square run for helping Valac and Twyla.

Ruin's group(three of which are possibly bloodied) faces off against 13, 8 rounds, before a 2-3 round (Ruin moves at a 5) run for Seraphina and Dresden.

Twyla and Valac faces off against 14... as Revenge is coming north after round 4... 11 rounds

Do we have 10 rounds to save Fumiyo?

I still like Valac's plan the most, even if Kouri breaks off with the NPC and goes after Corsica and Ying...but, I will go with what ever you guys agree on.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:29 pm
Revenge doesn't like any of his plan, or anyone's plan, because there's about to be a lot of bloodshed and he's not particularly happy about it. But you gotta do what you gotta do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:59 pm
Team 1: aka team slow start
Revenge
Twyla
Ruin
Illya
Abby
Objective 1: Plant
Objective 2: Fumiyo

Team 2
Valac
Arthur
Petra
Ramona
Kuori

Objective 1: Corsica
Objective 2: Dragon
Objective 3: Snake

User Image  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:47 am
If I am going with the two healers,

Illya goes with Kouri to augment the loss of Ramona,

Ramona could take my last two potions to the dragons, and fortified their position. For the time being... Not perfect, but they seem to be the odd ones in everyone's plans.

And who gets the horse and cart? Even if it isn't used in combat, that thing would be awesome sauce for cover, or fast movement.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:04 am
SCN_ Grey_fox
If I am going with the two healers,

Illya goes with Kouri to augment the loss of Ramona,

Ramona could take my last two potions to the dragons, and fortified their position. For the time being... Not perfect, but they seem to be the odd ones in everyone's plans.

And who gets the horse and cart? Even if it isn't used in combat, that thing would be awesome sauce for cover, or fast movement.

Team slow could take it if they want. I honestly figured we tether it to a tree and come back for it. Would suck if our horse died. Poor Valace would have to pull the cart. blaugh (Says the person who can push and pull things like a large creature.)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:41 pm
I just had a thought, what if Abby passed illusion based messages to the others? Examples...

"Corsica run south"
And those with range skills attacks those inbetween them abd us. Everyone else moves to Axe for some grey poupone if any mage trys to prosue.

"Seraphina, Dresden move North into the woods and hide"

After we take the bridge, "Shi move north" same deal with the sisters.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games