Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:40 pm
The Kraken samurai wished Kaichiyo good night and went to his room. He set the poorly written letter down on his desk and then prepared himself for bed, and hopefully getting up early enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:00 am
Day 4 of 45

@ Kraken Clan:

Rain Yupa
Most of you are probably still adjusting to the new setting - this was your first night on stable ground in some time, though your biological clocks are still telling you that it's the middle of the night, despite the fact that the sun has risen.

Everyone, state the time you would normally intend to rise (i.e., "at dawn" "a little before dawn" "midday" etc) and give me a Raw Earth roll of TN 20 to accomplish this. If you fail, you wake up later, due to the time zone change, not that you'd have any idea what that actually was. You can decide when, even if it's minutes or hours. Also, describe to me your morning routine - and how this time difference interferes with it, if it does at all.

You suspect you'll be dealing with this for a few mornings, at least.

Have any of you adapted to the different time zone yet? Let us find out.

The Raw Earth roll is TN 17. Your prior responses are here.

Let's see if that strain of ocean-diving, weapon-forging, or... whatever exhausting activities Naohiko took part in yesterday still left you a bit on the sleepy side.

--------------------

@ Kyouya: Being a mainlander, same deal. No such roll/restriction required for you. You've caught wind that there is to be an outing today. You think a play of some sort? What are you up to, after you get up?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 6, 6 Total: 14 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:08 am
Naohiko would again try to awake before dawn, this time filled with more mysteries to solve and less time to do it! Besides, he would need to recopy his letter and send it off early for it to have the best effect......but the coziness of his blankets and the exertions of the previous day have left him deep in dreamland. In dreamland, Naohiko held the little serving girl close and whispered into her ear. "I'm glad we can be together again...." As he was forming the words to her name with his lips, Naohiko suddenly snapped fully awake and had as much idea on what the girl's name was as he did before. This left the Kraken bushi as cranky and grumpy as ever. He did make one major change to his routine. Naohiko secreted as much of his kusarigama as he could into his obi. this left him pondering what to do with the sickle though, until he tucked it in the back of the obi. With that done, Naohiko would check to see if he had time to rewrite his letter before the day's activity.

Earth 2k2 w/ 1 die to handle explosions
TN: 17
Results: 8  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 1, 4 Total: 20 (4-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:02 am
Once again again again, Kaichiyo tries to wake up at first light, before dawn.

And while she didn't quite make her goal, she seemed to have had a better rest than yesterday, likely from passing out flat from how strenuous the previous day had been. Thus she only woke up 2 hours later than intended, a bit after dawn, but not too terribly much. Which meant that this time she got to savor the sight of naked women when she went to bathe, and enjoy friendly company when she went to eat. All in all it was a good morning, and she returned to her room in high spirits, eager to make ready for the day.

[Raw Earth to wake up!
Roll: 2k2 vs. TN17
6, 9 = 15]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 5 Total: 14 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 am
No big distracts or such, so Gendo would hopefully get a good rest. A pre-dawn rising to deal with dog walking and all was the hopeful agenda. Aside from that, he wasn't quite sure.

Raw Earth - TN 17
3k3 - 14

It would seem that, as with the rest of em, he'd fail in waking at his normal hours.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:32 pm
@ Gendo:

No biggie. You are the first to be awoken by a light rapping upon your door.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:40 pm
Waking up, Gendo would blink towards the door before getting up to answer it, straightening his clothing and trying to make himself at least a little presentable as he does so.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:16 pm
@ Gendo:

As Gendo gets out of his bedding, a female's voice would sound. "My apologies, samurai-sama. I hadn't realized you were not yet awake!"

When Gendo would get to the door, the older woman, around your mother's age, definitely dressed the part of a servant, would be prostrating herself at the foot of his door. "Again, my apologies, samurai-sama. But I come delivering a message. Magistrate Doji Akira wishes for your presence so he may speak to you."

She remains in her bowing position.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:55 pm
"No need to apologize. I am glad you woke me up." He looks back at Setsuna. "Give me a moment to get ready, then we'll go wake up Naohiko-san to take care of my little friend here til I return." Nodding his head lightly, he backed into his room, closing the door softly. Taking a bit to get fresh clothing and clean up a bit, he'd gather his things for the day and pick up the dog. Exiting the room, Gendo would nod to the woman again before moving past Kaichiyo-hime's room to Naohiko's, knocking on the door.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:14 pm
Naohiko was barely awake when he heard the knocking at his door.. He threw on his kimono over his bedclothes and walked to the door. and opened it."Oh, Good morning, Gendo-san! What can I do for you?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:18 pm
"I require you to look after Setsuna for a little bit while I take care of some business resulting from yesterday's competition." He hands the dog over.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:37 pm
Naohiko carefully holds Setsuna as the switch off is made. "Amm....you are aware the last time this happened, Setsuna made a dreadful wail. I don't mind looking after him though."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:42 pm
Gendo just looks at Setsuna. "Be good." He then turns to the servant, nodding. "Lead on."  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 6, 1, 3, 4, 10 Total: 33 (8-80)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:06 pm
The Kraken closes the door and then sets Setsuna down on his bed. "Let me get dressed and I'll make a froggie for you to chase!" If Setsuna lets him, Naohiko will do as he promised and then make a jumping frog and play with Setsuna. If not, Naohiko will awkwardly put his clothes on while trying to keep Setsuna busy.

OOC:
Conditional Intelligence/Artisan Origami roll 5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 for extra bounciness
Results: 12-5  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:16 pm
@ Gendo: As you are led away, you hear Setsuna's dreadful wail, and possibly Naohiko struggling to keep the dog from flipping out.

You are led a ways away from where you stay into a private chamber. Beyond the rather lovely designs upon the paper walls of the chamber, it is otherwise sparsely decorated, save for the table at the center with tatami mats on either side. On the far side of the chamber, the magistrate from last night, Doji Akira, sits. For the sake of description, he is a stocky man but by no means fat. He has a long thin mustache, and wears a cap atop his head, but he strikes you as the sort that probably has a traditional top-knot and shaved pate. He has a resting grumpy face, and while he visually shows no appreciation to your arrival upon it, he does gesture to the other side of the table. Upon the table is a teapot, which he is currently heating up. It is white with a bird-and-dragon motif in blue and silver.

"Thank you for coming, Himura-san. Please, sit," he says.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Setsuna is upset and is running around and yapping. If Kaichiyo is in the other room, she's bound to have woken up by now because of it. If Setsuna appreciates your frog, he certainly isn't showing it.

There is a throat-clear outside your door. "Excuse me, Himura Naohiko-sama?" a young man calls out.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games