Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 am
"Moreover, They wanted to risk multiple people to save the life of one, I wanted to kill one to save the lives of many." The Goliath shrugs, "Apparently that makes me a bad person."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:11 am
"They were soldiers, I think they were prepared to kill her if needed. But, either way, Don't mistake my simplification of the event for picking sides. I think you were justified. All I am saying is, I wanted to fight that entity, and being viewed as a steak dinner is getting old."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:48 am
Quote:
"They were soldiers, I think they were prepared to kill her if needed. But, either way, Don't mistake my simplification of the event for picking sides. I think you were justified. All I am saying is, I wanted to fight that entity, and being viewed as a steak dinner is getting old."

Without turning around, Revenge would tilt his head upward, bringing one hand to cup around the side of his mouth as he called out, "Musk!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:37 pm
((Revenge knows this

Lolth, also called the Spider Queen and the Queen of the Demonweb Pits, is the chaotic evil god of shadow, lies, and spiders and the patron of the drow. Scheming and treachery are her commands, and her clerics are a constant force of disruption in the otherwise stable society of the evil drow.

Lolth (at least in 4th ed) usually turns chosen followers of hers into Driders as a reward for completing some sort of profane trial, though she has been known to turn drow into Driders for other reasons from time to time. For a Drider to hate the goddess of her creation is extremely unusual.)))

To Revenge Dietrich would respond. "Oh Sure,Sure. I completely understand. It is not often you get to meet one as great as she!. Well...Uh...Hmm. I'm not sure where to begin. Oh! She saved me life she did! It is rare to find som'un down here willind to do that wi'out somthin in return. That is why I serve her. She be a good person despite th'repuation of her kind. Hmm me'guess in a way you saved my life too, but I can only serve one a'time. Anyhoo, she hates lolyth and her followers, which means she doesn't get long with her kind, which seems like a good thing to me. I don know the reason why nor would I ask. Don want to bring painful memoriess. Th'pass is th'pass and I'd leave it at that. Instead, strangely, she worships some goliath goddess, I don remember her name. She often visits her shrine on the outskirts of th'city to make offerings. Lady Lydia knows all manner of things. Sh' buys and sells information after all. There are several others like my'self that serve her, gatherin all sorts of news. I don know much about th' others though. Lady Lydia knows all the lands are these parts like the back of her elegent hands, including much of their secrets. I was out lookin for any new developments in this er' abdon city when the umbars came in. Any ways...oh...right...To make a good impresionin I would be polite an treat her like a rescpeful lady.' Don draw attnion to er' lower half, or ask about er past. The one place I don think she as ever gone is the surface she so she likes hearing news of what goes on up there. If ye got secrest to sell she's buyin and uh...I think she would really like to be un-dridred so if you cana help her w'that I'd much be aprciated."

As the gnome drones on about his mistress Irene hands Kuori the desired herbs she would need to complete her ritual. As the party walks the reach the South District of the city. This place seemed to take a lot more damage then the other district. Despite all the burned out rubble Kuori recognizes they are close to were her families' house use to stand. The gnome is not leading them directly in that direction but perhaps a detour could be made.

When Revenge yells out the word "Musk" Dietrich would stop walking to turn around and give him a confused look. "What are ye'holarin about?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:58 am
"Ruin attracts monsters! It's why I keep him around so I can kill 'em!" Valac said understanding Revenge bark calling back to the question he asked during the fight.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:28 pm
"You are welcome, Dietrich. And you don't owe me anything. I was looking for information on the goliaths who lived here, and you are bringing us to information. A possible Win-win for you and me."

Now that he wasn't being pulled in two directions, Ruin would just pass on Revenge's statement with a "Pfft". Believing it was nothing more than a ploy to get him riled up. And said nothing, after Valac's addition.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:08 pm
"Maybe that's who was tending to Kuliak's shrine. Does that name sound familiar to you Dietrech." She eyes the housing district, "Hey, mind if we make a short detour? My old house is that way, it'd be good to know if you'd already gone through it, and if not, there is probably some good stuff elsewhere around there."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:21 am
Dietrich raises and eyebrow to Kuori's question. "Hmm? Maybe? T'be honest, I don pay much attention while there. I don put much stock in th'gods. Haven seen much t'make me believe they care what goes on don here."

As for Kuroi's request he would respond. "Uh sure! Lead th'way. There's nuthing presurun us to see Lady Lydia right this miniute."

As Kuroi walks the once familiar streets towards her home she notices devastation gets more severe. It is clear that the entire place was on fire at some point. The flames seemed to have only ceased once they ran out of fuel. To her dismay her house was one of the infernos's victims. As she rounds a corner she sees nothing remains of her childhood home but a pile of ash and rubble, almost undistinguishable from the other piles of ash and rubble around it.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:00 am
"Treat your Lady Lydia, like any other person, not of my country's armed forces. Easily done. Speaking of which, You haven't seen an army of surfacers?..." The second shortest one would describe the battle flag or any other distinguishing features of the Arian army before continuing with. "... Before, you were trapped in the best room to die in." As he waited for Kouri to come back.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:14 pm
((Just so its clear Dietrich is following Kuori, unless she states she wants to go alone in which case he would wait in the current location.))

Dietrich would repond to Ruin. "Ah, I haven't seen anyone or anything like that like that. T'be honest you be the first surface dwellers I've seen in a long time. If there is anyone who would know about that though it would be Lydia!"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:19 pm
"Damn," Ruin said, "And here I was hoping to join their choir." as ran to catch up with the cleric. "Speaking of which, again, Revenge, how about you sing something for Dietrich? Make it loud and about the moon. Don't worry, about attracting attention. Any beastie will attack me first, because of my 'musk'. Right?!"

Looking at the burnt husks of buildings surrounding him as he closed in on his goliath ally. Cheerfully, for her, he would ask "So, What am I looking for? If it is something or someone precise, I can send Vi out. He can scan a 5-mile radius and get us close... with relative quickness." Not wanting to leave her alone, here of all places. "Or you can do your Nature thing and I look for the goods."  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 9 Total: 16 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:31 pm
"I'm not a bard, so I'm not all that adept at performing with things as dire, or dour, as they are now. I feel it would be in bad taste," he'd reply to Ruin, doing his best to keep vigilant as he kept his eyes peeled for any further attackers.

Quote:
Perception +8 = 15

"Plus, I don't think that would be all that advantageous. It'd make it hard to hear for anyone who might be trying to call for aid, while making it harder to detect an ambush," he'd add after a few moments of silence.

If nothing became obvious to him, he'd turn to Dietrich. "The gods do notice, and do care. But they have an entire world, and beyond, to observe. There's only so much of a direct hand they can in; for every time a god of good directly interferes, a god of evil gets the same opportunity elsewhere. It's a precarious balance of power in the heavens. That's why they send their mortal servants in their stead. Just imagine how intricate of a design my goddess Sehanine wove to allow me to walk the path I did that lead me to meet the others of my party, make our way here, and defeat the Umber Hulks that would have caused your death. Because of the works of Sehanine, and Kuliak, we are here now. Even if you were to chalk it up to either Luck or Fate, aren't those too domains of the gods?"

"My point is, you don't have to believe in them for the gods to believe in you, Dietrich."

Quote:
Diplomacy +16 = 25 to try and leave a lasting impression on Dietrich on behalf of the gods.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 pm
"Disagree! It would tell people someone is near, and they should make noise. Even if it is a drinking song's verse, followed by a 10 count of silence. How do you think I found Dietrich. No god took my hand. No sourceless light shined on my path. Only a locked door, the curiosity to see what is behind it, seasoned with hope. We are here due to the word from an exile. Kouri's will to save her people." Ruin called back, to dismantle Revenge's godly attempt with facts... In favor of singing.

"Besides, if we are ambushed I am the one they would attack, and unlike last time, I stand ready, or are you claiming your 'musk' excuse is bollocks. And are willing to admit, they only attack me due to I take chances and adventure from the party. Instead of choosing to cower by our resident badass... No offense, Valac!"

[Diplomacy, 24 to dismantle Revenge's godly attempt  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:56 pm
Kuori would stop and look at the ash pile that used to be her home. "Nothing Ruin." Saying his name in a situation like this ... the goliath lowered her visor again so as to hide the tears she was struggling to hold back. "This is it. This is, was, my home." She sits, taking the herbs from Irena and some flint from her pack. Igniting the herbs as she prayed, "Kuliak, show me what is left to be found here. Let my ancestors and the land they called home speak to me." Then she inhaled the smoke.

27 on my nature check to cast Commune with nature.
3 questions:

Question 1: Are any of the other Goliaths that resided here before the attack still in the area?
Question 2: How many creatures larger than ... Irene ... are in this area besides ourselves?
Question 3: Is there clean [drinkable] water within the area?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:08 pm
While Kouri did her nature thing, anger drove to Ruin press forward to search the ash and char for something... anything... protected from the wrath of the flames. "If even one of you hear me, help me. And I will take back, everything I said against you. I will become whatever you want... help me." He prayed, as he searched for something Ruin doesn't have... proof of a loving home. Kouri had it, it was here... there has to be something, singed but not destroyed.

Perception +4  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games