Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
random chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 593 594 595 596 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm
How is everyone doing?

I actually had a pretty good day today, even though I didn't do much. xD

Edit: Just read that someone in the Hetalia fandom started a petition for Funimation to not mess up the dub or whatever. And then someone said this fandom is now worse than Naruto's for that. D: It's not a big deeeaaalll peeeoopppleeeeeeeeeeee~~~  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:00 pm
I'm pretty tired right now ;w;
But that will change as soon as I'm lying in my bed. Gaawd. I'll just stay awake until I fall asleep in front of my computer, OR until my brain turns to mush and I start to giggle uncontrollably 8D (Don't laugh, that process has already started~)

Oh, and I didn't do that much either . I...baked...cakes. Two. With apples. That's it. gonk  

Karibun

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ms Lady Cho

Nerd

18,975 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:01 pm
iduhgpd
i keep forgetting to talk here T___T  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 pm
I'm going to make a tiny rant here.

I think it was on DeviantArt but I saw someone make a comment like "Why does America feel they have to be the hero? lol Hetalia reference". This was on a post about Haiti, btw.

I can't get over it because I think it is ... a bit of a stupid comment. I mean, yeah, I get it. But when something like this happens, why can't we do what we can to help? Without people saying we want to be the heroes.  

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

Erzebet Shiyounin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:12 pm
Madame Royale
I'm going to make a tiny rant here.

I think it was on DeviantArt but I saw someone make a comment like "Why does America feel they have to be the hero? lol Hetalia reference". This was on a post about Haiti, btw.

I can't get over it because I think it is ... a bit of a stupid comment. I mean, yeah, I get it. But when something like this happens, why can't we do what we can to help? Without people saying we want to be the heroes.

Because those are the people that just look for something to complain about & are never happy with anything America does. People pick on America because we do have a tendency to involve ourselves with others, & when we do those whiners call us nosey, & if we don't they say we're mean & complain that we should be nice & help. It's human nature we just loove to complain.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:44 pm
Madame Royale

What.

Wow, just..wow. D:

That comment was really uncalled-for.
I don't really see how helping victims of natural catastrophes can be called "playing the hero". ( And don't forget, that other countries are sending aid. Well, going by that logic it must mean, that we like to play the little assistant in tights.)
Even if they're helping to do something heroic , who cares? As least they're helping people in need.It's not like haiti would be able to manage everything on it's own.  

Karibun

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:20 am
Madame Royale

evil That makes me so mad. If I met someone who said something like that to me in person, I'd slap them. I really would. I lol over silly news things like the French man who climbs skyscrapers in other countries (one nude too I believe), but to try and look cool by making a comment like that on something that's a national tragedy? Now that is immature, ignorant, and uncivilized.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:30 pm
what? how could they say something like that? those assholes! evil

I man, I'm all for a good laughs and all, but when you start misusing the Hetalia fandom like that, that's really crossing the line! And plus, shouldn't it just be that every one is helping out with the Haiti disaster not because they want to play hero, but because they rally do want to help people?

if I saw that little s**t in real life, I'd smack the crap out of them.  

Celebiest

Valiant Gentlewoman

31,575 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 am
People like that are the reason the Hetalia fandom has a bad name.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 pm
My sister has called me racist for liking this show -_-;  

Celebiest

Valiant Gentlewoman

31,575 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 pm
Saying "racist" is extremely under-educated. D| Racist would be an African nation who likes watermelon and fried chicken. My roommate had a picture of Germany on his desktop, but there was a Swastika in the background, and now my gf's dad thinks my roommate is a Neo-Nazi or something because he saw it. ><;

There will always be haters and the like, but fans who don't know what they're talking about do most of the damage. Though I know a Polish person who freaked out and wanted to "boycott" the anime because of the episode with Poland buying a pony instead of preparing for WWII. I don't think she's ever read the comics anyway, but that would have been the same there too. I can understand her being like "No, that's wrong because they DID prepare" and all, but having a reaction like that is too much (It was all over her journal).

Also I saw someone (not a Hetalia fan but it could easily happen) say "I like Nazis, so deal with it." when they drew someone in a Nazi uniform. It was a completely ridiculous thing to say, because I'm sure what they meant is that they like the uniforms, like every other person I know who says that about Nazi uniforms. At least I hope that's what they meant. But still... I'm wary of 12-14yr old fandom. Ones that say "COMMUNISM YEAH" because they like Russia (even though he's not Communist anymore).

TL;DR  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 pm
Heh, I've just learned to laugh at people's ignorance. It may make things harder for the well educated but I just don't see a point in getting angry. Let the idiots be idiots, sooner or later they'll get eaten alive for it. :3  

Erzebet Shiyounin

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 pm
I think stereotypes are funny. Hetalia is rather tame compared to Lisa Lampanelli. And I find her hilarious. So does that make me racist? I don't think so.

And was that Germany picture on DA? If it was, I saw it before she disabled comments, and she got a lot of crap for drawing the swastika. She even clarified that it was a character and part of history, it doesn't make her a Nazi. What's even worse is that sometimes on the front pages you see comics about Hitler and Himmler and whoever else was there with them. With these comics, I haven't seen a bad comment written for them. DA disappoints me so.

Ugh, the communism thing.. I don't even know. Hopefully they are just saying it for fun and not actually thinking it's a good thing. Ship 'em off to China or N. Korea and see how they like communism then.

@Erzebet: I kind of facepalm instead of laugh, and then move on. Or rant here. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 pm
FFF. I remember those Nazi-Comics...Funny thing is, that some those guys started to "make fun" of hetalia, because germany is portrayed too nice and cute? Ha.  

Karibun

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm
Yeah, it was that picture. My (male) roommate has a major hard-on for Germany... Who really is most ideal for gay men anyway. xD

Oh yeah, I remember seeing one of those comics. It annoyed me that someone with that skill would ignore the fact that Germany is NOT a thin little pretty boy like they THINK he is. I mean, the least that they could do is check it out.

I know someone, a Brazilian, who is a REAL fan of Communism. Simply because it's better than her government, and that says a lot. But I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Capitol-ism or Communism without knowing what both of them are. Sad thing is I know Communism better than Capitolism.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 ... 593 594 595 596 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games