Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
random chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 593 594 595 596 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm
Well sure that's different. She knows what communism is and believes it works for her, not because she likes a character. Right?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 pm
Yes, of course. Though, she also hates America... and doesn't understand why saying that bothers me. D|; Just because she hates her country, or seems to, doesn't mean I hate mine. And when she says it I feel like she's saying she hates me. I've seen people bash characters just for being the nation that they are--Like that person in here that was saying "I hate Canada (the character), I hate all Canadians" a while ago.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Karibun

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:39 am
My faith in humanity is steadily decreasing. gonk

Even if people "hate" a whole country (which is, most of the time, completely ridiculous. It's not like every single person living is this country is the same.)...common sense/ manners should forbid to state something like that in public /in front of a person from this country. It's really rude.

I may sound a bit close-minded, but I don't get why some people have the urgent need to rub their hatred for something in everybodies faces.
(I know somebody who constantly reminds me of what he deems as "sucky".)

I'm ranting again, sorry gonk ~  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 am
Hmm, interesting topic...

I'm a Finn, and in school Russia and Russians are....

...well, not popular. Ironicly, Russia in Hetalia is one of the most popular countries xd  

The Fool In The Valley

Dapper Medalist

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 am
Before Hetalia, me, my sis and bro were all hating our own country of America, because of all the stuff going on. But now, thank to America-kun (Alfred), we're now proud of our country. Hard-core patriots! xDDDD
hehehe ^^ ...... man, I'm hungry. I want a cheeseburger xD
WOOT! America!!!
P.S. I love all the other nations too ^w^ 'specially the Nords heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:03 pm
Minoue -- I know, right? That's what I kept saying. It's insulting to the million some people who might be from that nation, being hated without ever being known.

The Fool In The Valley -- From what I know, in mot of the ex-Soviet states and other surrounding nations, Russians are not popular. It's pretty bad in Estonia and Latvia, where they even offered last name changes to sound more like ethnic Estonian or Latvian names because Russians weren't being given jobs or anything. I'm not talking about Russians from Russia, Russians who have grown up in Estonia and Latvia! Lithuania is the only Baltic nation not to persecute them much if at all in most places.

Slightly off topic but relevant: Lithuania recently shut down its Russian-language news broadcast, which was only a few minuets a day, and who did the Russians blame? The Polish. XD -Thought that was wonderful but that might just be me.- A Russian said "Now that there are so many Polish immigrants, the Lithuanians want to be fair. There is no Polish broadcast, so they were afraid that the Polish would complain."

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu -- If you like your country because of a character, you sound like one of the 'bad fans', no offense. I hate the fact that we're STILL at war, I hate the fact that Obama lied about bringing our soldiers home, I hate a lot of things about this nation's government. And a lot of nations hate us because of it too. So no, I am not too fond of my nation right now, not enough to be proud of it. In the past, yes, but not right now. I may love the character America and love that he tries to do the right thing, but I do not like our actual government.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:30 pm
ugh, I don't even want to talk about the government. There don't seem to be any honest ones these days. Seriously, if you're gonna take the role as president, stop making false promises! stressed

(PS: I don't like talking about certain topics, example, politics. Cuz it always leads to arguements sad however, I do agree on what you've said)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 am
sorry, let me be a little more specific on why I like the US

the country has quite an interesting history, ex. the Revolutionary war, when they were winning their independence from England (they've really gone through alot)
also, there were all sorts of interesting americans who made big differences here, like those who were fighting for their rights, such as nonwhites, even women.
their freedoms, such as religion and free speech

I hope that's a good reason to admire one's country, I apologize if I sounded like some sort of moron, by not being specific in my reasons sweatdrop  

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50

xxKarachan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:01 am
....you didn't know about the revolutionary war prior to watching Hetalia? Or that the first amendment is all about freedom of speech and religion and the press and such? Or that women and nonwhites can vote in the United States? And that for all these things, people fought and died and did amazing things?

Saying that thanks to Alfred/America-kun/Hetalia is implying that due to the character/series, you came to love your country. It may have been a contributing factor in getting you to actually LOOK at the history, but the way you said it was implying that it was solely because of Alfred/Hetalia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:06 am
I know, I apoligize. took me a while to notice, I really gotta think more clearly before saying anything T-T
I did know about it, after years and years of hearing about it in school XP hetalia just got me back to yearning more historical knowledge. My love of history got replaced by science ^^; but Hetalia brought back my historical love
anyways, it also got me interested in other nations' history
I must know all!
(I really hope I didn't upset anyone by my stupid post ;_; )  

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50

xxKarachan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:23 pm
*shrug* I wasn't upset, I was just saying. You seemed like you were flipping back and forth there, contradicting yourself and all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Ah, the good ol' days.  

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:46 pm
yea, I know, it won't happen again 3nodding
anywhos....... let's play a game, I call it "International Alphabet"
simply, name a country for each letter of the alphabet

A- Austria
B- Brazil
C- China
D- Denmark
E- Estonia
F- Finland
G- Germany
H- Holland
I- Iceland
J- Japan
K- Kenya
L- Lithuania
M- Mexico
N- Norway
O- Oman
P- Poland
Q- Quatar
R- Russia
S- Sweden
T- Taiwan
U- Ukraine
V- Venezuela
W- Wales
X- ???
Y- Yugoslavia
Z- Zimbawe

(sorry, I counldn't think of anything for the other letters ^^; Seriously, is there even a country that begins with "X"? anyone care to try?)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm
well, I can't say this counts as a country but, why not put Wales in there to complete the alphabet?  

Celebiest

Valiant Gentlewoman

31,575 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:48 pm
hm, I guess... ^^;
maybe I should also try Quebec
after all, they added Hong Kong to hetalia, and it's not even a country  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 593 594 595 596 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games