Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
random chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 593 594 595 596 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ms Lady Cho

Nerd

18,975 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:55 pm
@royale: haha thats awesome XD;;

@love: brave italian? lol XD;; /shot  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 pm
I'm not sure how I should feel about turning 20 tomorrow... should I be happy or what?  

Celebiest

Valiant Gentlewoman

31,575 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:30 pm
Cowfish - I know right? And it was based on true facts, the battle that they were talking about. How like 8,000 Greeks fought a good 12,000 Italians... and the Greeks won, so hard. But then the Germans came (the Greeks said "Germany won't let his lap dog be humiliated!" and I lol'd) and took over.

Celeb - Hush you youngin'! Congrats though!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:53 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Hey guys. Um. This is probably not the right place to ask, but I didn't want to start a thread about it and really just wanted to ask a quick question. Lately I've been seeing a lot of people saying things such as "... Hetalia is starting to annoy me, the fangirls kill me.." and such.

Now I would never knock someone for their opinion, but my question to you guys is what exactly do they mean. I'm involved in a lot of fandoms known for some crazy's, but haven't really seen any truly horrifying fans of this yet, though I don't venture outside guilds or click on things I'm not looking for on site that much. On youtube and FF.net everything seems to be normal.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

xxKarachan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 pm
Like... do you want an example?

IF SO...
I have one.

I went to a convention last summer. JAFAX, if you're curious. Anyway, a friend of a friend was cosplaying Hetalia, so I went to check their little group out while my friend went to see/talk with her friend.

There was this one girl there who was all "OMGHETALIA" and all, like any other crazy fan. But what REALLY bothered me was that she was all "OMG, there SO needs to be middle eastern nations! I would SO cosplay one of them!" Like an Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia or whatever.

First, the basis of Hetalia is World Wars I and II. Yes, I suppose there are nations who didn't have huge parts in the war or weren't effected greatly by it. There are also plenty of comics that have nothing to do with the wars.
However, it will be at Hidekaz's own pace that "outside" nations will be added to Hetalia, if they are added and if it's more than just a concept drawing. Same with comics not based off of the two world wars.

Second, if she's so desparate for a middle eastern nation, there IS Afuganisu-tan/Afghanis-tan. I mentioned this and she paused for, like, half a second before going "But I want to see a HETALIA version" or something like that.

There are also people like the one mentioned a few pages back, if I remember right. Saying things like "America just wants to be the hero" in regards to the earthquake that struck Haiti and how America is offering aid.
Also, fans who use Hetalia as a reason for liking a certain country. Like saying "I love Germany and want to go there someday, because Ludwig is so cool in Hetalia~" or something like that. *shrug* Making Hetalia a person's entire basis for liking a country or nationality, or disliking.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:53 pm
There's also that person that was in this guild going on about how she hated Canada and Canadians. Seriously, what is there to hate about Canada? And even if you had something, to say you hate an ENTIRE country? Don't get me wrong, every fandom has their crazies. But you see, a fandom based on REAL history and with some sensitive sterotypes doesn't need too many crazies, or people will actually get offended. Not like, "OMFG HOW CAN YOU HATE SASUNARU" but like "WTF YOU SAID U LIEK NAZIS". SO yes. Eh-hem.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:25 pm
Well since I hang out in the A/M/C, I notice that since it's a show about cute boys that are slashed together, then all the fans must be dumb yaoi fangirls. They kind of put us down there with Naruto and Kingdom Hearts fangirls. I think the Hetalia fandom is pretty sane but there are a few who are in it for the slash and then there are some who go "teehee, I learned everything about history from watching Hetalia!"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:45 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
*sigh* And this is why I isolate myself from the main forums. Thank you all for answering my question. It makes me glad that I've never really seen these types, though it does make me depressed that some people take history from it. Hating a countries people because of a character or for any reason is utterly stupid as well.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

lanie100

9,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:55 pm
When I first started getting into Hetalia, I thought that the fanbase was pretty decent and I met some chill people who like it too at AX. But the longer I got into the series, then I started to find out there can be crazy people too in the fandom. I guess every single fandom can have psychos.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:48 am
Well, people are fond of pigeon-holing.
More so if they can use a certain group to make themselves appear more sane/mature/cooler/whatever.
I guess hetalia having a additional "touchy" side makes it stand out, therefor catering the attention of more people? = More ..weird...fans, more 'antis"?

I've witnessed a small amount of craziness in this fandom and it's not worse than in other fandoms. ( Ohhhhh, the memories *cringe*) Though, they're providing more fuel for people hating the series.

When somebody hates hetalia (or other things) , fine , I don't really care.
It's their right to do so . What get's me everytime is that (incredible immature) "kill it with fire"-mentality and the denunciation of people that are actually enjoying that topic. I guess I'll never be able to understand that D:

Yes, there are 'immature' (Oh, the new IN insult.), obsessive and disillusional fans. BUT I don't think they justify acting like a complete douchebag when a certain topic comes up. Or attacking other people
neutral When those people think those/we are that low, why even BOTHER about the whole thing?
Those guys should learn to do something worthwhile with their energy. There are worse problems out there. ninja

(Then again...I'm one of those people that are also also heavily annoyed by the whole weaboo-witchhunt that's cuprrently going on.)

I feel old ;_;  

Karibun

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:42 am
You feel old? Haha, I'm always saying that here. xD But it's like I said, every fandom has its crazies. All I know is I love Hetalia for the history, and that's all there is to it for me!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:06 am
You can always share your experiences with heating blankets, semolina pudding and prunes. gonk Oh my, I'm craving that pudding right know.

It's... funny.
I'm not even THAT old...And most of the time I'm not feeling my age. But sometimes I wake up , sneak into the kitchen and watch our lawn for children twisted .  

Karibun

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

xxKarachan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 am
=D
I don't witch hunt, at least.
>>;; I just... completely abandoned the fandom for the longest time. I still only pop in here rarely...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:19 pm
Been having a shitty day today. cry  

lanie100

9,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Window Shopper 100

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:04 pm
I'm sorry, Lanie. D:

I've been sniffling/sneezing/coughing all day.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 593 594 595 596 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games