Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 pm
Disturbed Otaku
Lanfaer
Mad Science
AandOE
The arcs that I run personally are more than just 'go bash this thing'. Kiri's current one is and has been more about the roleplay (as they requested), the investigation, etc, with the 'bashing' left on the sidelines. Suna's arcs also have quite a bit to their roleplays, but they do feature some nearly impossible situations that've led to quite a few multi-year long rpcs. That's cool, to want to stay around for character development, or death out somewhere. We've had plenty of people that've died during missions, had their stuff stolen, been exploded or squished, been lethally sickened by poison, virus, or disease, time looped, etc, but by no means was any of that without great roleplay. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's great and all, but the fact is that you have to put together the arcs and then implement them. And they eventually end. And then with the time in between arcs, it's all the same grind. Yes, after the grind you may have a shiny new character that can s**t death rainbows and fire laser beams out of his eyes, but what good does that really do you?

I just want there to be more than grinding in between waiting for someone to hammer out an arc that is not "go beat this dude up" or "go get that thing".

Working on my own guild now, I'm actually seeing the problem with this. One issue is that mods, like everyone else, have characters and lives. They cannot always be there to make things run, and if they do it's amazing, or it's s**t. When it's s**t it's because those mods want everything to be either A. Smash'em Up or B. Murder'em Up. There really isn't much variation, and when that variation falls to one or two people it gets old. Personally, I'm trying to come up with random encounters, a storyline that is member driven, where there is more emphasis on politics and forming alliances, finding mysteries and discovering the past and building a future, so that even in the down time there is more to do.

At some point there is always a time where we kinda just run out of ideas. Even in Dungeons and Dragons, though I've yet to ever grow tired of it. When we run out of ideas, though, we need to pass the reins to others so they can refresh the story pool, as it were. Unfortunately, as you've all said, there's a drive for power, and the people who usually get the power are the ones who've RPed the most and gotten that power through role playing. So when it comes to the point where now they have to make stuff for others, often they don't want to.

Mam, I love what you're doing, I do, and keep doing it. But we need more mods like you, who actually try and make things more member friendly, and give people things to do that don't involve outright combat as the only thing to do.

I feel like this epic speech should be followed up by a roaring applause. Sir. Please do invite me to your guild when you're done with it. I'd love to be a part of it. It sounds very interesting.

Danke. :3 Even Haku will have fun with it. There isn't any autoranks, so power is literally all about who can grab it the fastest, and who can form alliances the best or instill terror in opponents enough for them to do your bidding. There are monsters, treasures, and mysterious parts of the land to figure out, and if we can I'm going to build a dedicated, finite number of mods into a team to make this perfect. Too bad I can't get Mam in on it...He'd be amazing...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 pm
Tao-Benshin
Disturbed Otaku
I feel like this epic speech should be followed up by a roaring applause. Sir. Please do invite me to your guild when you're done with it. I'd love to be a part of it. It sounds very interesting.

You're welcome to help us with it~

I'm just an idea guy. Even then my ideas are few, far between, and someone has probably already thought of it before me. Trust me I'd be no help lol  

Disturbed Otaku

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:26 pm
Lanfaer
Disturbed Otaku
Lanfaer
Mad Science
AandOE
The arcs that I run personally are more than just 'go bash this thing'. Kiri's current one is and has been more about the roleplay (as they requested), the investigation, etc, with the 'bashing' left on the sidelines. Suna's arcs also have quite a bit to their roleplays, but they do feature some nearly impossible situations that've led to quite a few multi-year long rpcs. That's cool, to want to stay around for character development, or death out somewhere. We've had plenty of people that've died during missions, had their stuff stolen, been exploded or squished, been lethally sickened by poison, virus, or disease, time looped, etc, but by no means was any of that without great roleplay. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's great and all, but the fact is that you have to put together the arcs and then implement them. And they eventually end. And then with the time in between arcs, it's all the same grind. Yes, after the grind you may have a shiny new character that can s**t death rainbows and fire laser beams out of his eyes, but what good does that really do you?

I just want there to be more than grinding in between waiting for someone to hammer out an arc that is not "go beat this dude up" or "go get that thing".

Working on my own guild now, I'm actually seeing the problem with this. One issue is that mods, like everyone else, have characters and lives. They cannot always be there to make things run, and if they do it's amazing, or it's s**t. When it's s**t it's because those mods want everything to be either A. Smash'em Up or B. Murder'em Up. There really isn't much variation, and when that variation falls to one or two people it gets old. Personally, I'm trying to come up with random encounters, a storyline that is member driven, where there is more emphasis on politics and forming alliances, finding mysteries and discovering the past and building a future, so that even in the down time there is more to do.

At some point there is always a time where we kinda just run out of ideas. Even in Dungeons and Dragons, though I've yet to ever grow tired of it. When we run out of ideas, though, we need to pass the reins to others so they can refresh the story pool, as it were. Unfortunately, as you've all said, there's a drive for power, and the people who usually get the power are the ones who've RPed the most and gotten that power through role playing. So when it comes to the point where now they have to make stuff for others, often they don't want to.

Mam, I love what you're doing, I do, and keep doing it. But we need more mods like you, who actually try and make things more member friendly, and give people things to do that don't involve outright combat as the only thing to do.

Danke. :3 Even Haku will have fun with it. There isn't any autoranks, so power is literally all about who can grab it the fastest, and who can form alliances the best or instill terror in opponents enough for them to do your bidding. There are monsters, treasures, and mysterious parts of the land to figure out, and if we can I'm going to build a dedicated, finite number of mods into a team to make this perfect. Too bad I can't get Mam in on it...He'd be amazing...

Who the ******** is Mam?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 pm
Misujage
Mad Science
If I were to pelt you people with gold, would you make art for me? And this goes to any other artist that stumbles upon this.

How much are we talking here?~

I dunno. How much do you usually charge?  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Anonymous_Alcoholic

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:33 am
Mad Science
Misujage
Mad Science
If I were to pelt you people with gold, would you make art for me? And this goes to any other artist that stumbles upon this.

How much are we talking here?~

I dunno. How much do you usually charge?

An arm. Sometimes a leg.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:22 am
Disturbed Otaku
I'm just an idea guy. Even then my ideas are few, far between, and someone has probably already thought of it before me. Trust me I'd be no help lol

Well, we can always use other people's opinions on things, and most of what we need done is filling information we haven't had time to do ourselves and our other helpers keep disappearing. :/

Mad Science

He meant AandOE.  

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:51 pm
Tao-Benshin
Disturbed Otaku

Well, we can always use other people's opinions on things, and most of what we need done is filling information we haven't had time to do ourselves and our other helpers keep disappearing. :/

Mad Science

He meant AandOE.

Mam is a far departure from that, but okay.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:31 am
> ^ >  

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Azeiel The Risen

Feline Pumpkin

5,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:58 am
Redera Issun
> ^ >

Hey long time no see. Like the avi by the way.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:19 am
Thanks. How ya been?  

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Azeiel The Risen

Feline Pumpkin

5,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:40 am
Redera Issun
Thanks. How ya been?
Been good busy with work and school but good. Yourself?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 pm
Azeiel The Fallen
Redera Issun
Thanks. How ya been?

Same = u =.  

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Azeiel The Risen

Feline Pumpkin

5,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:38 pm
Redera Issun
Azeiel The Fallen
Redera Issun
Thanks. How ya been?

Same = u =.
Well im glad you found some time ^>^ x.x ugh got pimp smacked by a headache today.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:06 pm
Redera Issun
> ^ >

Well if it isn't Coggy.  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Motherglare

Fashionable Zealot

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:12 pm
Mad Science
Redera Issun
> ^ >

Well if it isn't Coggy.

Well well. If it isn't good old Anonymous.~  
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games