Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:06 pm
I hope people dont look at these conversations and judge the guild based on the words of a few players. There are lots of friendly people in the guild if you know where to look, just a couple of pessimists around...

Leave the bullshit at the door and enjoy a roleplay :/

Its worth coming back btw if you feel like getting into a character. Things are slow right now and we are trying to boost activity. Invite some friends, make plans to do things and act on them. Have fun with it! =)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:14 am
Mad Science
Hadaka Kyoujin
Mad Science
Hadaka Kyoujin
Mad Science

Who are you?

Not sure what kind of question that is to ask in response to mine.

You just don't seem important enough to merit a response.

And to any other person, that would seem an insult. But, being that I am used to it (and being ignored), I can't say that I feel offended.

Anyway. Regardless of whether or not I *seem* important enough to merit a response, the fact that I am a living, breathing being merits enough importance for a response, just like every other living, breathing being on this Earth.

Regardless of that opinion-stating sentence, who I am can be stated thusly; I am (and have frequently been) a person who was once active on here, but due to computer and Internet issues, I haven't been able to get on Gaia since mid-July. And my question was whether or not it would be worth it to come back.

Determine that for yourself. Worth is inherently subjective. Use past personal experience as reference and draw a conclusion. No one can tell you whether or not that coming back is worth it and have it actually mean something for anyone other than themselves. That is unless the entire basis for your reason to stay or not is based upon the reasons of another that you will adopt and parade around as your own.

The long and the short of it is that you should try it out and find out for yourself. If you come back and do something for yourself, you will have your answer either way.

As you say, "No one can tell you whether or not that coming back is worth it and have it actually mean something for anyone other than themselves." is true, but being the fact that I am Autistic, I generally cannot make an accurate assessment of a situation without at least one or two other people's opinions. Sure, I have my own and sure I can draw upon past experiences to judge whether or not it might be worth coming back, but to truly decide whether or not something is worth anything to me, I need other people's opinions of it.

Think of it like deciding to watch a new movie. If you see the trailers for it but still haven't decided whether it would be good enough to bother watching, you'd most likely wind up reading reviews of it to decide, right? And you might even need to read more than one review because you don't think one person's opinion on it is enough to persuade you to watch it.

Holy Rinaku

See? At least you understand where I'm coming from....well, mostly, I think. Oh, and could you please quote me next time? It's not because I'm a**l-retentive or anything like that. It's actually more because I won't realize you were talking to me unless you do. This draws back to the Autism comment I made....that and I'm kinda lazy about reading through all the posts made after mine that don't directly quote me.  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:14 am
Hadaka Kyoujin

Sorry about all that there, it was entirely unfounded and I really don't understand why they allow this kind of situation to persist in the guild, but it's good to have you back. I just recently returned too, moved across country I did.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 am
Hadaka Kyoujin

Yes, normally I do quote people I just forget when im busy or moving around alot. Downfall of trying to be everywhere at once.  

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 am
Wolfe Nailo
Hadaka Kyoujin

Sorry about all that there, it was entirely unfounded and I really don't understand why they allow this kind of situation to persist in the guild, but it's good to have you back. I just recently returned too, moved across country I did.

Well, I dunno if I'm truly 100% back or not, as noted by my asking multiple people if it was worth coming back. But, anyway. I don't mind situations like this so long as the other person isn't being a total scheißekopf about it.

Holy Rinaku

Meh, it's okay. I do it myself on occasion, too. I was just letting you know in case it happens again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 am
Holy Rinaku

Ahoy Rin! I see you're the Kyuubi host now, congrats! I missed a lot when we moved.

Hadaka Kyoujin

I'd say it is worth it, always has been for myself.  

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:35 am
Wolfe Nailo
Holy Rinaku

Ahoy Rin! I see you're the Kyuubi host now, congrats! I missed a lot when we moved.

Hadaka Kyoujin

I'd say it is worth it, always has been for myself.

hellos. Yis, I have been given the pissy fox despite peoples protests of an op character. Which made me giggle honestly.

I find the guild a much more relaxing environment now and a lot of people are more friendly than it was last time we spoke. So Im back in almost full swing.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 am
Wolfe Nailo

Okay, so, that's at least three people that say it is. In which case...I wonder if I can have my old character back? His profile is still in the old Konoha archives, so, I can just migrate him over to the new section and add a few details to his biography 'cause he was kinda sleeping against the Hokage's Mansion's gate when it blew up....well, if the Crew is willing, anyhow.  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:51 am
Holy Rinaku

Glad to hear it, but sad to say that Masahiro will no longer be in Konoha to see Ivalice grow under the power of the Kyuubi. His alliance has shifted due to the events we all went through before.

Hadaka Kyoujin

If it was a bloodline character, chances are iffy at best. I think I only got mine back because I had established I was getting ready to move before I left. There had been a couple checkins and bloodline characters were wiped out if not active in that frame. But you can always post the re-application in the Character Approval Thread to see what they say.

I'm not a mod anymore so it's not my purview.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:53 am
Wolfe Nailo

Well, I *did* warn people that my Internet was going out, so...maybe? ...but, I think I warned them in the OoC and was getting ready to tell them in the Hiatus section when it cut out.

...but, yeah. Reiojika was a Ranton user.  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sean_Nero_Desmond

Demonic Knight

3,950 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:40 am
Wolfe Nailo

YOU.

Is your brother still on Gaia?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:51 am
Decimo Inferni

To my knowledge, no. He was on Tentacl for a while, but then went to playing TOR and now he's back in College so I usually believe he believes himself to NOT have time for Gaia. Why? Who should I tell him inquires?  

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200

Sean_Nero_Desmond

Demonic Knight

3,950 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:53 am
Wolfe Nailo
Decimo Inferni

To my knowledge, no. He was on Tentacl for a while, but then went to playing TOR and now he's back in College so I usually believe he believes himself to have time on Gaia. Why? Who should I tell him inquires?

Ah. Was just wondering, haven't seen Azazel(I can't remember the exact spelling...) in awhile.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:15 pm
Decimo Inferni

I can see if he can dedicate some time to coming online in the nearby future but I cannot make any promises on his behalf.  

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:15 am
Hadaka Kyoujin
Mad Science
Hadaka Kyoujin
Mad Science
Hadaka Kyoujin

Not sure what kind of question that is to ask in response to mine.

You just don't seem important enough to merit a response.

And to any other person, that would seem an insult. But, being that I am used to it (and being ignored), I can't say that I feel offended.

Anyway. Regardless of whether or not I *seem* important enough to merit a response, the fact that I am a living, breathing being merits enough importance for a response, just like every other living, breathing being on this Earth.

Regardless of that opinion-stating sentence, who I am can be stated thusly; I am (and have frequently been) a person who was once active on here, but due to computer and Internet issues, I haven't been able to get on Gaia since mid-July. And my question was whether or not it would be worth it to come back.

Determine that for yourself. Worth is inherently subjective. Use past personal experience as reference and draw a conclusion. No one can tell you whether or not that coming back is worth it and have it actually mean something for anyone other than themselves. That is unless the entire basis for your reason to stay or not is based upon the reasons of another that you will adopt and parade around as your own.

The long and the short of it is that you should try it out and find out for yourself. If you come back and do something for yourself, you will have your answer either way.

As you say, "No one can tell you whether or not that coming back is worth it and have it actually mean something for anyone other than themselves." is true, but being the fact that I am Autistic, I generally cannot make an accurate assessment of a situation without at least one or two other people's opinions. Sure, I have my own and sure I can draw upon past experiences to judge whether or not it might be worth coming back, but to truly decide whether or not something is worth anything to me, I need other people's opinions of it.

Think of it like deciding to watch a new movie. If you see the trailers for it but still haven't decided whether it would be good enough to bother watching, you'd most likely wind up reading reviews of it to decide, right? And you might even need to read more than one review because you don't think one person's opinion on it is enough to persuade you to watch it.

Holy Rinaku

See? At least you understand where I'm coming from....well, mostly, I think. Oh, and could you please quote me next time? It's not because I'm a**l-retentive or anything like that. It's actually more because I won't realize you were talking to me unless you do. This draws back to the Autism comment I made....that and I'm kinda lazy about reading through all the posts made after mine that don't directly quote me.

Fair point, but you had to go and capitalize "autistic" which means you only get an eight out of ten.  
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games