Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:16 am
Mad Science

I'm just going to tell you this and be done with it; I get extremely annoyed at people when they try and correct my grammar when it doesn't need correcting. The word "Autistic" *can* be capitalized in other instances, but it's usually only capitalized when referring to the community. Being that I myself am part of that "community," I would thus then capitalize it when referring to myself as part of said community, regardless of whether or not I'm alluding to it being a community or not.

Trust me. You do not want to get into a debate with me on the proper use of English grammar, especially when it entails varied spellings of a word.

And before you spin your little ol' head into a tizzy, let me just say that I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm simply stating the facts as they are and leaving it at that. You want to make a go of it? Then have such a debate with yourself.

I apologize in advance to any Mod that may or may not read this. And to anyone else who may or may not read this and find that they are annoyed by it. Rest assured that any and all attempts by Mad Science to continue the conversation/debate (or what-have-you) will be ignored.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:49 am
Hadaka Kyoujin
Mad Science

I'm just going to tell you this and be done with it; I get extremely annoyed at people when they try and correct my grammar when it doesn't need correcting. The word "Autistic" *can* be capitalized in other instances, but it's usually only capitalized when referring to the community. Being that I myself am part of that "community," I would thus then capitalize it when referring to myself as part of said community, regardless of whether or not I'm alluding to it being a community or not.

Trust me. You do not want to get into a debate with me on the proper use of English grammar, especially when it entails varied spellings of a word.

And before you spin your little ol' head into a tizzy, let me just say that I'm not trying to start a fight. I'm simply stating the facts as they are and leaving it at that. You want to make a go of it? Then have such a debate with yourself.

I apologize in advance to any Mod that may or may not read this. And to anyone else who may or may not read this and find that they are annoyed by it. Rest assured that any and all attempts by Mad Science to continue the conversation/debate (or what-have-you) will be ignored.

It can be capitalized, but only by people who think it merits such. And it doesn't. Those people are wrong. I'd gladly debate someone who actually can attest to knowing the facts about English grammar mechanics, but since you align yourself with a group of people who believe it is fine and dandy to capitalize words that do not need be nor should be capitalized, I'm going to assume your "facts" are colored by your condition and mired in falsehoods.

Given that all languages are made up at some point, I suppose anyone can make up anything and call it a fact or a rule -- even when the precepts of the language they are using to form their bastardized atrocity are very well grounded.

You type reasonably well, though. So there's that.  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:45 pm
Mad Science

Sugar, are you being Nazi again?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Pft. People actually still take what Haku says to heart? Foolish children.  

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:03 pm
CanoodlingFlibbertyJibbit
Mad Science

Maaaaaaybe. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:04 pm
chrissy b e a n

Children never learn. It doesn't help that I can sound damn convincing that I mean every single word.  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:08 pm
Mad Science
Mad Science

emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:40 pm
Mad Science
Mad Science

emotion_bigheart

Mwah. <3  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:29 am
chrissy b e a n

Nah, if I took what Mad Science, or "Haku" as you call him/her, seriously, then I'd have gone off on the deep end on him/her already and explained why I thought s/he was an idiot....but, seeing that I haven't, what should that tell you? (Sorry if that seems a bit rude. Like I said, I'm Autistic, so, certain things I say can come off as rude when they're not meant to be.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:42 am
Hadaka Kyoujin

You have Aspergers syndrome, yes? Judging by your function and the way you present yourself I'd believe you to be a case of high functioning Aspergers, much like my cousin, my friend Alex, or my friend Andrew's little brother. Then again, it could just as truly be pervasive development disorder. That's the other high function autistic disorder that comes to mind, which another one of my co-workers is diagnosed as.  

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am
Wolfe Nailo
Hadaka Kyoujin

You have Aspergers syndrome, yes? Judging by your function and the way you present yourself I'd believe you to be a case of high functioning Aspergers, much like my cousin, my friend Alex, or my friend Andrew's little brother. Then again, it could just as truly be pervasive development disorder. That's the other high function autistic disorder that comes to mind, which another one of my co-workers is diagnosed as.

I have PDD NOS (the exact diagnosis). I missed the Asperger's syndrome diagnosis by one criteria, which was being irrevocably obsessed with a random, inconsequential type of item.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:19 am
Hadaka Kyoujin
chrissy b e a n

Nah, if I took what Mad Science, or "Haku" as you call him/her, seriously, then I'd have gone off on the deep end on him/her already and explained why I thought s/he was an idiot....but, seeing that I haven't, what should that tell you? (Sorry if that seems a bit rude. Like I said, I'm Autistic, so, certain things I say can come off as rude when they're not meant to be.)
And I'm a b***h so...me calling you a d**k is my excuse. If you can understand that something is rude and then follow up with your validation that you are being rude because of some condition, and acknowledging that what you said might be rude...you are just being a d**k. I work with Autistic kids for a living. Their condition has never made them act like total jerks. In fact....they are the sweetest kids I've met.  

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:32 am
chrissy b e a n
Hadaka Kyoujin
chrissy b e a n

And I'm a b***h so...me calling you a d**k is my excuse. If you can understand that something is rude and then follow up with your validation that you are being rude because of some condition, and acknowledging that what you said might be rude...you are just being a d**k. I work with Autistic kids for a living. Their condition has never made them act like total jerks. In fact....they are the sweetest kids I've met.

I suppose I'm supposed to take this seriously, right? Thing is, I kinda can't when someone tries to insult me in such in obviously insufficient manner. That is to say, because you know nothing about me, you can't accurately grasp if I'm actually being intentionally rude or not. If I'm not and don't realize it, I don't say anything about it. If I do and realize it, I'll apologize for it. Thing is, though, I generally don't realize it, which is why I tend to apologize beforehand. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go try and figure out why my hands smell like Play-Doh when the only thing I've done for the past...two hours, I think? is work on cars.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 am
chrissy b e a n
Hadaka Kyoujin
chrissy b e a n

I love you, b***h.  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 am
chrissy b e a n

Hadaka Kyoujin

How about we call this here and not make this into an entire blow out and an argumentative debate?

Hadaka, she presents a good point, you have the presence of reasoning to understand it could come off as rude, do try not to present it as such.

Chrissy, you're a moderator, let's try to be level headed about this and not drag down to name calling or making it into a fight or argument. It is unbecoming and not a good representation of the guild as a whole.

To be fair, though, the gentleman I work with with Asperger's is quite rude and often finds himself being such then immediately apologizing after he's realized it. Many are sweet, but there is always the exception to the general populace.

[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games