Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:19 pm
Dietrich listens to Revenge's explanation and his expression would change. He could tell his words had reached the some in some way. However, Ruin would then counter his points and after listening to them both Deitch would grab his head. "I hear. You all make good points. But I will be honesy with yah. I have spiltiten headache right now so I don know if this the best time fer th'conversation."

As Kuori inhaled the smoke silence would fall around her. The voices of her comrades would become indistinguishable blurs in the background. Instead all area her seemed to come super in focus. She could see every grain of dirt on the ground, hear every movement of the wind, every rumbling in the ground, and these noises began to speak to her.

To the first question she asked, she would fill a breeze from and unknown source pass across her ears, from within it she could hear the words"Yesss"

To the second question, some rocks would tumble from the top of a nearby piece of ruble and fall around her. 2 pieces of this gravel would fall at her feet.

To her third and final questions she would again hear a voice in the wind to which it would reply "yessss."

As Ilikan stood by, he would notice in the ash there were several footsteps of Goliath size around the remains of her home, signalling that someone had visited the place after it had burn down. Whats' more, the arrangement of the footprints made it clear that whoever was here before was searching around, digging in the ruins.

As Revenge stands watch his eyes don't make much of the dimly lit remains of burnt out houses, simply a jumble of shapes in the darkness. However, he does finally notice that one of these shapes appears to be moving, and in their direction. It is so far away that it is hard to tell much about it in the gloom other than it looks to be at least as tall as a house and humanoid though misshapen in from. By the casual way it is moving Revenge does not feel it has noticed the party's presence as of yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:45 pm
"At least one of my people is alive, there are two creatures human size or bigger within a mile that are not part of our group, and there is clean water nearby ... I could use a bath, its been a few days, and my waterskin is low." She stands, oblivious to the other things the characters had discovered.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:24 pm
Slowly, Ruin's prayer turned from a plea for help to, "... you suck, you suck. If there was ever a lord of suck-age, you are its illegitimate children born outside of wedlock of its poisonous berries and a rabbit in a thorny patch. Only to be abandoned to suck a dead cactus. Foretold by the sages of suckling suckers to rule over nothing. Because you..." Only stopping to look up to Kuori as she spoke.

"Hmm? Well, Lydia is probably one of them..." commenting on the two humanoids within a mile. Not wanting to say, why he was in the dust and ash.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:06 am
Revenge would back up slowly, entering Kuori's field of vision. He would look down at his everburning torch, then back up, and hide his torch behind his back.

"Do you suppose that is the other one?" he would say after Ruin spoke, pointing his shield arm in the direction of the movement he spotted. "My eyes aren't as sharp as yours, but that's probably within a mile, yes?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:04 pm
Both Dietrich and Irene would look to in the direction revenge motioned and,after moment or so, spot the giant humanoid creature strolling casualty in their direction. They had entirely different reactions.

Dietrich sobered up a little more and got a fearful look in his eyes. "Oy, that be one of them misahpin giants that live around here. I've sen em befroe out scavigin. They're mean as cuss and cruel t'boot. We should probably gi'out of here before he be noticien us."

Irene got an excited gleam in her eye. "Ohhhhh, we have to fight him! Come on, look at that thing! He looks like a twisted up giant! What were they called again? Nonetheless we should take him on and put an end to his pillaging." Irene would turn to her suspected ally in this case. "Come on Valac! Think of what a cool story it would make! Valac the giant slayer!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:58 pm
"...scavenging, you don't say... If you want I can make the first contact, and try to talk with the giant. Worst case, I die, you lot live and can run or fight. Best case, I barter with the guy."

Dusting himself off, Ruin would wait for a moment to hear any better ideas.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 am
"First contact with your face, second contact with the wall, third contact with whichever God scoops you up for the afterlife. If you forgot, that last fight took most of what I had, I'm not exactly eager to jump into another one, single target or not." She starts to walk down the way that they came.

[Though PupSage really wants the level up]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:52 pm
A gleam came over Valac's eyes when told about killing a giant and decided to retort Kuori, "Took most of what you had, I didn't even get winded or hurt I'm rearing to go. And if Ruin wants to find out if talking to it works and if he really does just smell he can go talk to it."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:11 pm
"I haven't learned to resurrect yet, and I am low on healing spells. If you want to rush in, have at it, but I'm going to be in the back and I'm not dragging you out of there when things turn."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:30 pm
"Then don't; Should it turn down that path, you, Iliykan, and Revenge just take Irene and Dietrich and run. Valac and I will keep it from following."

(if no response, Ruin walks)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 pm
"Enough with the death wishes, Ruin," Revenge would say, a hint of annoyance in his voice. "I'm down a bit of power, but I could back up Valac if we need to engage it," Revenge would state plainly.

Turning to Kuori, he'd ask, "What would be more beneficial for your search? Spending effort to evade that Giant and keeping our profile low, or diverting its attention while you look for survivors and clues? I'll keep the Barbarian hale and hearty if you need me to."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:13 am
"So far as we know from the ritual, there is only one survivor in the area. If there are more, then they are further out. If you all really want to take down a giant, I at least speak their language if you want to try diplomacy first, but I'd venture to say that misshapen giant is shorthand for Fomorian, and Fomorians are notoriously slavers and known for their cruelty. Even among their own people. They also have a tendency for insanity. What I am saying is, there is a large chance that this is a fight and not a friendly chat we are about to find ourselves in. I can do a bit of setup to make the healing I have left more effective, but I've got two, maybe three big heals left in me."

30 on Monster knowledge  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am
As Kuori stares at the the contorted form of the giant in the distance she is 100 percent certain it is a Fomorian, and everything she said about it was correct. Her tribe would occasionally have to drive these monsters away whenever they got to close the Lightlost lands. Their intentions before have always been to try and kidnap Golaiths as slaves and Kuori has no reason to believe this ones motivations would be any different.

As the Fomorian gets a little closer the party can see he has a large club in one hand and a giant, but mostly empty, sack in the in the other. He pauses every now and again to shift through the rubble with his club, but nonetheless he is getting closer and will no doubt eventually notice the party if they don't move on or get out of sight.

Dietrich would run over and grab Ruin's shirt and try to prevent him from walking, but with his small stature he was not particularly effective at it. "Are, yeh Crazy! I know yeh are new down here but that thing will either smash yeh to a pulp or sell yah to th'flayers. Why fight when we can run!"

Irene, on the other hand seemed to get even more excited. "A Fomorian! I've only read about them in books! We got to go fight it now! Don't worry Dietrich I've seen these guys in action. They've taken down a purple worm! It will take more than an ugly giant to stop them." If she is not stopped Irene would begin to follow after Ruin.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:36 am
Revenge's eyes narrowed. "Slavers, huh?"

He studied it a bit more, noticing the sack.

"Explains what it's doing here. There's a chance that your other survivor is in there, and even if not, it certainly seems to think there's survivors around and might stumble across some outside of your ritual's range."

Wrapping and stowing his everburning torch into his sack, Revenge would draw his sword.

"Valac... let's kill it." Revenge's eyes were furious, but his grin devilish.

And Revenge would break into a charge towards the Fomorian.

Quote:
Initiative of 11 pending deus ex machina

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 am
"if I get smashed, at least it is under my terms. That is how i want to die... You understand, Dietich?" stowing his torch, Ruin would draw his rod and summon his blade. "If it gets bad, run to Lydia and tell her." Stated before charging after Revenge  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games