Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 2 Total: 14 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

He sidestepped, breathing hard as he moved in again, attempting a low palm strike toward the gut. This wasn't getting any easier, instead getting harder as he was forced to dodge attacks.

3k3, all on accuracy  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 10, 2 Total: 15 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:09 pm
2k1

His strike barely was more than a rough slap.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:21 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

In a moment of pure luck (if Zanzen believes in such a thing), he slipped past Sosuke's guard, allowing him to deliver one quick blow in. All he would manage, however, would be a quick jab to the pectoral. Zanzen would get an odd look from the Isawa in response, as it would hardly be considered a telling blow. {2 damage, for a total of 18; Sosuke is still Grazed!}

Sosuke continues to throw everything he has, Full Attacking for accuracy but missing due to his accumulated injuries! {13+10+3 vs TN 26+5, miss!} His punches go wide, as exhaustion is rapidly taking hold of the Phoenix.

Zanzen, Initiative and token 3 raises!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:27 pm
@The Jiujutsu Competition

Kojiro laughed at the two bushi fighting and whispered to Denbe. "My sister hits harder than that. One time, she dislocated my brother's jaw!"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:35 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

As Bayushi Kojiro made his way to find the result of the Poetry contest, he found all the other samurai dispersing, and it wouldn't be hard to pick Ide Jiro out of the crowd. Doji Koan and Seppun Benjiro were standing casually beneath a cherry blossom tree that was not quite in bloom yet, discussing something.

Seeing the Scorpion, Jiro would approach him, smiling and starting off the conversation.

"Kojiro-san! If you've come to watch my CRUSHING VICTORY over the notorious Doji Koan, I regret to inform you that you are both too late and incorrect in that assumption. I appreciate your vote of confidence by returning to cheer me on, however."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:09 pm
@Post Lore Competition

Kyumi looked slightly disappointed at having to leave the competition when she did, but was cheered up when she saw that Kenichi rather than Toyoko had greeted her after leaving the chamber. She hadn't been entirely that surprised that Toyoko had ended up wondering off rather than waiting, which was just as well. She had a feeling that if Toyoko had been there, she'd end up learning more than she wanted to know about a certain Crane courtier rather than actually get around to finding out what she wanted to know.

"Asahina-san!" Kyumi greeted Kenichi with a smile. "Good evening. Are you waiting for someone? If you are, I'm afraid that you might be waiting for a while. There are quite a few people still in the competition." Kyumi would start off with that for now before trying to get to what she really wanted to know. Considering how he could barely hold his gaze now, the lioness felt that if she went directly after what she wanted to know, he'd end up running off without giving her any sort of answer.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:17 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans

"Ohho? What happened? I was sure you'd win this event!

Kojiro would beckon Jiro to follow him as he surreptitiously attempted to get a good sight of Kitsu Kyumi and her attendant. "It's been revealed to me what Kan's probable objective is in this tournament."The Scorpion would point at the pair. "I'm willing to bet you see these two as a pair of pretty maidens. Kan sees them as something different."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:27 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Jiro would shake his head, his smile diminished but not vanquished. "I had my eyes so set on victory, I failed to pay attention to defeat as it snuck up on me, like a Scorpion in the night. Truly, it was an enlightening experience, despite the loss. Runner up is nothing to scoff at; but at this rate, I think Doji Koan's chances of winning the whole tournament is guaranteed. I wonder who he'll choose to represent him in the iaijutsu competition..."

Upon pondering this bit of gossip, he would listen to Kojiro's hypothesis. "What, you think he's after their hearts, like some sort of dirty lech, like myself? Really?" There would be a brief pause, then a giant guffaw of laughter from the Ide, drawing probably more undesired attention than the Bayushi was comfortable with.

--------------------

@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Kenichi nodded, looking back to the young Kitsu woman. "Well, ah... truth of the matter is... I was waiting for... you..." The handsome Crane would redden somewhat, and shift awkwardly. "I wasn't sure if you were offended about... what happened. I was concerned about y..." he almost blurted out, stopping himself mid-sentence.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:38 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

"It all depends on how well his clansmen do. I would think Zanzen, if he failed to make the final eight, would be Koan's first choice. "

Kojiro would carefully edge into the standard whisper as he looked to see if he drew too much attention. "No. Not a lech. Don't you remember how the Kitsu's attendant slipped into the background like a mouse while her mistress was a brazen lioness in her introductions? The Bayushi let out a sigh.

I doubt I would've noticed the girl if Lady Kitsu had not pointed her out. It is our firm belief that Omi is a spy for Kan, if she is not one already, she will be soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"Oh?" Wiping a tear from the corner of his eye, he would lower his voice once more. "A spy for Kan? To what end? What use for a spy would a monk have?"

Bayushi Kojiro, roll me a TN 10 Awareness/Etiquette (Conversation) to not attract undue attention.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 6 Total: 16 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:40 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro would stare at the laughing Unicorn dumbfounded. It looks like this plan wouldn't work. "None. If he were just a monk. But you claimed he was more, didn't you, Ide-san?"

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette result: 10 (Can't get any lower)  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 3, 7 Total: 21 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:36 pm
OOC Deceit/Awareness for the whole section...inasmuch as it will do any good at this point...

Results: 18  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 7 Total: 23 (3-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 am
@The Jiujutsu Competition

More weaving around punches, though they were unfocused. His head was starting to spin from exhaustion. Still, he needed to fight on. Ducking a punch, he tried to ram his fists into Sosuke.

3k3, all for accuracy.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 8, 7 Total: 29 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 am
2k1

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 1, 4, 10 Total: 22 (5-50)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:27 am
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Rain Yupa
Kenichi nodded, looking back to the young Kitsu woman. "Well, ah... truth of the matter is... I was waiting for... you..." The handsome Crane would redden somewhat, and shift awkwardly. "I wasn't sure if you were offended about... what happened. I was concerned about y..." he almost blurted out, stopping himself mid-sentence.

"Really?" Kyumi replied, looking and sounding far more pleased than she should about it. She tried to act a bit less obvious about it; however any onlooker could easily see through it."That's very thoughtful of you, Asahina-san. Toyoko-san said she was going to wait for me, but something must have come up for her..."

Kyumi glanced around to see if there was a reason for the sudden break in his speech.

((Rolling Investigation in case whatever's bothering Kenichi isn't immediately obvious; 5k3 = 21

For those interested, Omi is probably off spying for Kan waiting for Kyumi to return to the Lion Tent since she couldn't attend the Lore Competition with her mistress. ))  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games