Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

"Does your army communicate with smoke signals?" Revenge would ask, peering out the front.

Quote:
Perception of NATURAL 20 for 26.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:02 pm

(Perception 16)

Kuori just stares at the smoke before saying,"Let's just head that way."

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Twyla stared around, unclear at what she was supposed to be looking at. "Huh? What is that?"

((Perception: 12))
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Twyla, due to her short stature, can barely see above the trees.

Kuori can't be quite sure, but she thinks she hears the sounds of battle in the distance.

Revenge, however, is certain; he recognizes the distant sounds of combat. What's more, for a brief second, he sees a flaming object appear above the tree. It hovers there for only a second before disappearing back beneath the tree line, but it clearly moved with a purpose and what's more it appeared to be human in shape.

Arthur answers Revenge's question.

"What? No, we communicate strictly though arcane familiars disguised as birds. That smoke is rising in the direction of the portal, something they would want to keep secret. Whatever is going on there is not intentional."

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:13 pm

"It's a fight." She gets her quiver and says,"Get this cart moving."
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:36 pm

"..."

Revenge would look to Arthur, then to Petra, then to Abby finally. "They haven't crossed any of their captives with a Phoenix... have they?" he would ask, not bothering to explain what prompted the question.

However, he would not appear like he wanted to wait and discuss any answers to his question, nodding when Kuori mentioned combat.

-----

(DM, given the lay of the land, would it be quicker to get there via cart or on foot? If you want, I can throw a skill check at it to gauge the answer if it isn't immediately obvious.)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 am

Abby would give Revenge a strange look. "Not that I am aware of, but... one of those who escaped was turned into some sort of fire elemental. Why do you ask?"

Prompted by Kuori, Arthur moves the wagon forward. "Everyone hold on; I'm going to see how fast I can get this cart going."

Arthur gets the horse and cart galloping down the road, making quite a rough ride for everyone. As the party draws closer to the smoke, the sounds of battle get louder and louder. Something is indeed taking place in the forest and no sight of the Arian division can be seen on the road.

It wasn't long until Arthur brought the wagon to a halt on the side of the road. The shouting of men, the clanging of metal, and muffled explosions could now be heard by everyone--but nothing could be seen. The fight must be taking place deeper in the forest. "Well, we should have run into my old division by now, so that must be them fighting something in the forest. The secret path starts here. We can move forward by cart but... I-I'm not sure If I want to take Petra in there without knowing what's going on. I just found her. I don't want to risk losing her again."

Petra would step up and put her hand on Arthur's shoulder. She was trembling. "Arthur... I'm terrified of Aria myself, but I don't want to abandon my friends. It's... it's my fault we are in this mess. I have to see it through to its end."
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:05 pm

"If there's a fight going on maybe it's more in our favour now we could strike them while they're distracted!" Exclaimed Valac.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 15 Total: 26 (2-40)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:19 pm

"Arthur, if you're not willing to fight to protect the ones you love, then what do you fight for?" Before the silence could grow she would add, "It would be better to go in on foot anyways. We can try to get the advantage. They can't be too far off given the noise. I'm going to probably vanish once we go in, if you don't see me in the fight, something went wrong."

-Once in the woods-
Perception: 22
Stealth: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:06 am

"Wait, wait, don't go without me!"

As Kuori faded among the trees, Twyla stomped her foot angrily. "Hey, no fair, she went without me!"

She would turn to Arthur and say, "Is this really a good idea? I mean, if your division is in there, I thought we were trying NOT to fight those guys?"

She cast a look back towards the chaos beyond the forest, torn between trying to make a prudent decision, and wanting badly to see what was going on.

"Oh forget it, I wanna see the phoenix elemental!"

And with that she would plunge into the forest behind Kuori.

((Stealth: 17. Perception: 9. Just trying to follow Kuori, but if I've lost her, then I'm heading towards the battle.))

AlphabetFish

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:44 am

"There was... something... up there," Revenge would have indicated towards the treetops in the distance, though suddenly stopped pointing as he tried to maintain his balance as the wagon suddenly propelled forward. "I suppose we'll find out exactly what I saw soon enough."

As the wagon stopped with the group nearing the conflict, the party would begin to split. "Arthur... if you want to remain here and try to protect Petra, and the wagon, you can. Bringing the wagon closer would risk damaging it, especially if there's something fiery happening out there. Plus, if there ends up being some sort of forest fire, we may need it for a hasty escape. However, if something were to happen to you while you were alone, we'd have no knowledge of your plight." Revenge turned to where Kuori and Twyla had run out of sight. "It might be a safe gambit though. I think any Arians would go help their countrymen in danger before trying to harm you, but I might be projecting a nonexistant morality. I don't know."

Revenge would disembark, unless stopped.

"Abby, my love... just in case I'm wrong, you may want to stay here with Petra and Arthur. But if you - any of you, for that matter - want to come, be prepared for the fact that I will be actively trying to end the conflict with as little loss of life as possible, on all sides."

If not verbally stopped, or if the wagon isn't brought directly there, Revenge would head on foot towards the conflict, aiming for the most direct, non-difficult-terrain-laden path, though not before calling out, "Coming, Valac?" If the barbarian would join him, he would also tell him not to wait up for him (heavy armor is a thing).
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:32 pm

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!" Answered Valac pounding and bounding ahead of Revenge like a dog chasing a hare.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:47 am

User Image
As the party bounds or stalks stealthily into the forest, they find a hidden path just wide enough to accommodate a wagon. From the road they'd been on, it would have been impossible to see. The path snakes deeper into the forest in the direction of the sounds of battle. Kuroi remains unseen between the trees and underbrush. The tiny Twyla remains unnoticed by most others, except Kuori who detects her occasionally disturbing a bush behind her. Valac and Revenge run blindly down the path towards the sound of battle.

Kuori and Twyla are the first to arrive at the skirmish. Four Arian mages are taking pot shots at two unidentified figures hiding behind a rock for cover. By the sound, it is obvious a much larger battle is taking place further down the path but it is obscured from view by the trees. One of the figures crouching behind the rock is a young male tiefling in chain mail. The person beside him is obscured by a cape and a large brimmed hat pulled over her face, but by her small lithe frame one could guess she was probably female. Kuori, with her keen vision, catches sight of the glittering of compound eyes from beneath the hood. What's more, she detects the mysterious figure is holding her side underneath her cape, as if wounded.

Suddenly the mysterious person stands up and dashes out from behind the rock. With lighting speed, four insect-like arms emerge from underneath her cape, each one armed with a hand crossbow. She fires all four shots in unison and one of the mages slumps over onto the log his group had been standing behind. Unfortunately, she is not so fast as to completely avoid their counterattack as she catches a bolt of energy to the face. Her hat is knocked from her head, revealing her insect-like countenance. She falls back behind the rock with a grunt of pain. Looking a bit singed, she speaks weakly to her tiefling companion. "I'm sorry, Ruin. I don't think I will be able to do that again. We have to find a way to get back to Fu--" The insect girl stops mid sentence and looks in the direction of Twyla and Kuori. "There's someone in the forest behind us!"

The Arian Mages check on their fallen companion. "Dammit, she got him right through the heart... Who the hell are they?" The mages' attention is suddenly drawn to Valac and Revenge as they come barreling down the road. One of the mages says, "They are witnesses and thus must be eliminated."
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:58 am

The Squall before the Hurricane

User Image
(The dark green is all underbrush, providing partial concealment and being difficult terrain to move through. Large tree trunks and rocks occupying more then one square provide full cover; otherwise they provide partial cover to medium creatures and full cover to small creatures. The fallen tree trunk provides partial cover to the mages.)

Everyone roll initiative! Kuori gets a surprise round due to her excellent stealth check. She may take one action and then initiative will begin. Let the battle commence!

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:29 pm

"Twyla, she's hurt." Kuori runs towards the two behind the rock, "Hey there, name's Kuori. Gonna sneak around." She doesn't pay them much mind and seems to be more interested in moving past them.

[Moving to R26 with my action, If I still get movement with that then L27]
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games