Welcome to Gaia! ::

Day Dreams

Back to Guilds

Post Anything 

Tags: Bump, Links to free items, Tank thread, Polls 

Reply Day Dreams
Page Stretchers! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 ... 2858 2859 2860 2861 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you want gold?
yah
100%
 100%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 32

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:10 am
Tickets, Please!

gaia_diamond space My Usernamespace type your username here

gaia_diamond space Lotto Banner in Signature?space type yes or no (check first post for more details)

gaia_diamond space Number of Ticketsspace type how many tickets you want to purchase here

gaia_diamond space Total Costspace type the total cost of your tickets here

gaia_diamond space Trade Sent?space please start our trade and type yes.

JoyRose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:10 am
While many people have strayed from some outdated or overdone wedding traditions, there are still some codes of wedding etiquette that shouldn't be broken.
Deciding that someone else's wedding is your big opportunity to announce your pregnancy while the whole family is in attendance, or to use the romantic backdrop of a beach ceremony for your own proposal won't earn you the best karma or well wishes in post-reception group chats. Wearing white if you're not the bride, showing up with your six screaming kids under ten-years-old to a child-free event, refusing to RSVP, or bringing a plus-one you just met on Tinder when your invitation was specifically only addressed to you are all serious wedding faux pas.

Depending on the venue and scale of a ceremony and reception, some couples might prefer to have a more casual celebration and wouldn't mind sharing the spotlight. However, regardless of whether or not your best friend is getting married in her backyard or in a horse-drawn carriage inside a 500-person capacity ballroom, it's always polite to ask the couple getting married before you plan any attention-stealing surprises. Your cousin paid for that floral arch and photographer for her own wedding ceremony, not for a free photo opportunity for you to propose to your new girlfriend who she hasn't even met, Blake!

The Art & Science of Museum Conservation
ADVERTISING

So, when a conflicted bride decided to consult the moral compass of the internet otherwise known as Reddit's "Am I the As*hole" about whether or not she was wrong refuse to let her Maid of Honor's boyfriend propose on her wedding day, people were quick to help deem a verdict.

AITA (Am I the As*hole) for rejecting friend’s boyfriend's request to propose at my wedding?
My husband and I (30M, 27F) got married last month and had a small and wonderful wedding. 2 weeks before the wedding, my best friend/Maid of Honor’s (28F) boyfriend (27M) asked if it would be okay to propose during my reception.

I first told him how thrilled I was that he was proposing to my friend and how excited she would be, but I really wasn’t comfortable with him proposing during the wedding, at least as a public thing.

ADVERTISING

He seemed totally shocked that I said no, which I can understand. He said that weddings are supposed to be about celebrating love, and that as her (his gf’s) best friend, I should want them to finally be engaged after 11 years together.

I absolutely want that for them, but I just didn’t understand why it needed to happen during the 5.5 hour window of my ceremony/cocktail hour/reception. I was very apologetic and offered to help however I could with the proposal on any other day, but he was clearly not happy with me.

I hadn’t heard from Maid of Honor since the wedding, which is probably the longest we’ve ever gone without talking. I had tried several times to get in touch with her and let her know at one point that I had something of hers she had lost at the wedding. Never any response. I texted the other day saying I was going to drop the lost item off at her house so she’d have it, and she finally responded.

ADVERTISING

Apparently during the after party at the hotel bar, Maid of Honor’s boyfriend got very drunk and told her that she would’ve been engaged that night if I hadn’t ruined his plan. She said she isn’t exactly mad at me, but she feels like her future engagement is ruined and that I denied her a chance at happiness.

I told her I was so sorry and the conversation ended pretty awkwardly. Another mutual friend who knows what’s going on says she doesn’t love that he planned to propose at the wedding, but thinks I was the a*shole ultimately for saying no.

Here's what the jury of internet strangers had to say:
You should reply back “A man that really wants to marry you will make the effort to do so. He won’t base your future together on usurping someone else’s celebration. I’m very sorry that you think I ruined your chance at happiness. I’m sorrier that you think your happiness depends on a proposal from a man that is putting in the bare minimum of effort to plan a life with you.” - ScubaCC

ADVERTISING

NTA. He asked because he knew that it is one of the things you should never do at someone's wedding. And when he got the answer I'm sure he expected, he decided to be petty and immature. - redpatoot

NTA: proposing at a wedding is messed up - Renegade42

NTA. He hasn’t proposed in 11 years has nothing to do with you. Sounds like he was being cheap and wanted to piggy back off of the free food and entertainment to make his grand gesture. - xmrschaoticx

ADVERTISING

Nta. Proposing at someone else's wedding is tacky and lazy. The bride and groom basically do all the planning and you just show up with a ring and hijack the night. - HarlesBronson

How tf did you ruin her chance at happiness?! There are 365 days in the year. Your wedding day was not her one and only chance to get engaged...NTA - amethystdreams91

So, there you have it!
Everyone agreed that this bride wasn't at all wrong to ask her friend's boyfriend not to propose at her wedding as doing anything that takes attention away from celebrating the couple getting married at a wedding is rude and tactless, entirely disrespectful behavior. Good luck, everyone!

ADVERTISING  

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:11 am
While many people have strayed from some outdated or overdone wedding traditions, there are still some codes of wedding etiquette that shouldn't be broken.
Deciding that someone else's wedding is your big opportunity to announce your pregnancy while the whole family is in attendance, or to use the romantic backdrop of a beach ceremony for your own proposal won't earn you the best karma or well wishes in post-reception group chats. Wearing white if you're not the bride, showing up with your six screaming kids under ten-years-old to a child-free event, refusing to RSVP, or bringing a plus-one you just met on Tinder when your invitation was specifically only addressed to you are all serious wedding faux pas.

Depending on the venue and scale of a ceremony and reception, some couples might prefer to have a more casual celebration and wouldn't mind sharing the spotlight. However, regardless of whether or not your best friend is getting married in her backyard or in a horse-drawn carriage inside a 500-person capacity ballroom, it's always polite to ask the couple getting married before you plan any attention-stealing surprises. Your cousin paid for that floral arch and photographer for her own wedding ceremony, not for a free photo opportunity for you to propose to your new girlfriend who she hasn't even met, Blake!

ADVERTISING

So, when a conflicted bride decided to consult the moral compass of the internet otherwise known as Reddit's "Am I the As*hole" about whether or not she was wrong refuse to let her Maid of Honor's boyfriend propose on her wedding day, people were quick to help deem a verdict.

AITA (Am I the As*hole) for rejecting friend’s boyfriend's request to propose at my wedding?
My husband and I (30M, 27F) got married last month and had a small and wonderful wedding. 2 weeks before the wedding, my best friend/Maid of Honor’s (28F) boyfriend (27M) asked if it would be okay to propose during my reception.

I first told him how thrilled I was that he was proposing to my friend and how excited she would be, but I really wasn’t comfortable with him proposing during the wedding, at least as a public thing.

ADVERTISING

He seemed totally shocked that I said no, which I can understand. He said that weddings are supposed to be about celebrating love, and that as her (his gf’s) best friend, I should want them to finally be engaged after 11 years together.

I absolutely want that for them, but I just didn’t understand why it needed to happen during the 5.5 hour window of my ceremony/cocktail hour/reception. I was very apologetic and offered to help however I could with the proposal on any other day, but he was clearly not happy with me.

I hadn’t heard from Maid of Honor since the wedding, which is probably the longest we’ve ever gone without talking. I had tried several times to get in touch with her and let her know at one point that I had something of hers she had lost at the wedding. Never any response. I texted the other day saying I was going to drop the lost item off at her house so she’d have it, and she finally responded.

ADVERTISING

Apparently during the after party at the hotel bar, Maid of Honor’s boyfriend got very drunk and told her that she would’ve been engaged that night if I hadn’t ruined his plan. She said she isn’t exactly mad at me, but she feels like her future engagement is ruined and that I denied her a chance at happiness.

I told her I was so sorry and the conversation ended pretty awkwardly. Another mutual friend who knows what’s going on says she doesn’t love that he planned to propose at the wedding, but thinks I was the a*shole ultimately for saying no.

You should reply back “A man that really wants to marry you will make the effort to do so. He won’t base your future together on usurping someone else’s celebration. I’m very sorry that you think I ruined your chance at happiness. I’m sorrier that you think your happiness depends on a proposal from a man that is putting in the bare minimum of effort to plan a life with you.” - ScubaCC

ADVERTISING

NTA. He asked because he knew that it is one of the things you should never do at someone's wedding. And when he got the answer I'm sure he expected, he decided to be petty and immature. - redpatoot

NTA. He hasn’t proposed in 11 years has nothing to do with you. Sounds like he was being cheap and wanted to piggy back off of the free food and entertainment to make his grand gesture. - xmrschaoticx

ADVERTISING

Nta. Proposing at someone else's wedding is tacky and lazy. The bride and groom basically do all the planning and you just show up with a ring and hijack the night. - HarlesBronson

How tf did you ruin her chance at happiness?! There are 365 days in the year. Your wedding day was not her one and only chance to get engaged...NTA - amethystdreams91

So, there you have it!
Everyone agreed that this bride wasn't at all wrong to ask her friend's boyfriend not to propose at her wedding as doing anything that takes attention away from celebrating the couple getting married at a wedding is rude and tactless, entirely disrespectful behavior. Good luck, everyone!

ADVERTISING  

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:13 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:13 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:14 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  

Aelisen

Rebel Nymph

12,250 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ailinor

Ailinor

Crew

Human Agent

25,350 Points
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • Battery 500
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:16 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  

Ailinor

Ailinor

Crew

Human Agent

25,350 Points
  • Battery 500

Ailinor

Ailinor

Crew

Human Agent

25,350 Points
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:17 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:18 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  

Ailinor

Ailinor

Crew

Human Agent

25,350 Points
  • Battery 500

Ailinor

Ailinor

Crew

Human Agent

25,350 Points
  • Battery 500

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  

Ailinor

Ailinor

Crew

Human Agent

25,350 Points
  • Battery 500

Ailinor

Ailinor

Crew

Human Agent

25,350 Points
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:19 am

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

ADVERTISING

So, there you have it!

ADVERTISING  
Day Dreams

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 595 596 597 598 599 600 ... 2858 2859 2860 2861 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games