Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonfire: Dragonriders of Pern Rp

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Ierne Weyr
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheUnicornGirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:20 pm
J'den grinned at Micath's rider as he tore a piece off one of the fresh rolls. It was still warm from the ovens, and he offered part of it to the weyrharper. He noticed G'lin slipping his usual way into the dining hall and wondered where his sister was. She had...overpowered the older rider's usual quiet solitude during their weyrling days together, and while he was still introverted, he now sometimes spoke without being forced into it. A miracle, in J'den's opinion.

(Need character profiles approved plz 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:54 pm
((They're approved, and thank you for so much for them! biggrin I would make some as well, but I've already got five to play, and I'm trying to limit myself to what's actually possible sweatdrop ))

G'ber smiled and shook his head slightly at the other rider's offer. Still smiling, his revealed a still-steaming meatroll he had managed to get from the kitchen. He took a bite of the meatroll and followed J'den's gaze to a green rider, G'lin. He wasn't very well acquainted with him.

"Say, you know that green rider there, don't you?" G'ber asked his companion. "What type of person is he? I haven't gotten much time to see how everyone's grown up these past Turns."  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:03 pm
Quote:
You have a devious mind, Wreth. It suits you. Garinth would probably help, too. Purith's eyes whirled happily. She did love a plan like that.

"Hmm. It seems like Purith and Wreth are plotting something," Tyreena said, unconsciously mentioning her green first, instead the queen Wreth. "I wonder what."

--------------

Wreth snorted. That, my friend, is not devious. Devious is locking my Kes in a weyr with the brownrider and waiting to see what happens. I am merely being practical.

Kes sighed. "It looks like. More than likely, Wreth is planning a way to embarass one of the other riders and she's asked your Purith to help. It's fine though. Dragons will be dragons, after all."

----------------

M'gor strode calmly and confidently into the dining hall and waved a greeting at the gathered riders.

Cadeth spoke to him as he went to get himself something to eat. Micath's rider has returned from Telgar it seems. The bronze sighed. You eat, I am going to go sun myself with Mith. Do not take to long.

M'gor smiled. 'I won't.'  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:44 am
J'den smiled and shook his head just a little at G'ber's curiosity.

"I can't think of ten words he's said to me in the last year, but my sister think's he's great. I don't see how he can get a word in edgewise with her, so maybe that's why they get along so well. She has taught him to speak a bit when she's around."

A few feet down the table, several of the new candidates were engaged in a heated conversation. The riders couldn't hear the words until one of them, a green-eyed young man, raised his voice to be heard over the others.

"It's not true! People without firelizards can too impress dragons. There've only been firelizards around since the last pass, and there were dragons forever before then!" (Yes I know that most of this is not correct. I am displaying the typical filtering & morphing of information into the general public.)

A girl with blue bands on each wrist placed her hands on the table like the supports of a wall as she leaned forward, her green twisting agitated circles in the air above her head.

"Impressing a firelizard helps you know what to do when you're impressing a dragon. Weren't the first ones who impressed firelizards already dragonriders? And nobody could even see one up close before them. They're not the same, but they're like eachother."

The green chittered authoritatively at her and swooped down under her arm to land on the table, distracting her from her argument.

"Yes Jarde, I know you're as pretty as the big ones. And they can't sit on my shoulder."  

TheUnicornGirl

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:41 pm
((hope you don't mind me jumping in like this and I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm snapping. I'm just trying to portray my character as he is. He may be weyrleader but he's not so good with other people sometimes if they aren't riders.))

M'gor sat at the table and tried to ignore the bickering candidites. It really wasn't his thing to settle childish disputes. Lina was better at things like that.

Cadeth snorted in his mind. My own, either you end this foolish arguement or I will. It will upset a good many if it continues like this.

M'gor sighed and stood from the table. 'Alright, old friend, I'll do as you say.'

The bronze let out a huff at him but didn't say anything else.

M'gor slowly approached the table and cleared his throat to gain the candidite's attention. "Excuse me, but the entire dining hall can hear you. Meaning some of us have an opinion." He looked from one candidite to another. "First of all, having a firelizard doesn't guarantee that you'll Impress a dragon, doesn't even make it more likely. You could have ten of the things and not impress a dragon. In the end, it's the dragon that chooses the rider for themselves and not what they bring with them." He settled back for a moment before focusing on them again. "Just look at me, I don't have a single firelizard and I Impressed a fine bronze dragon. I'd never even seen one of the creatures until I transfered here." He sighed. "Now then, if that's settled, next time you feel like picking a fight like this, try having all the information and not just assuming." He turned then and strode back to his meal.

Cadeth warbled at him. Very well done M'gor.

The Weyrleader smiled. 'Thanks.'  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:08 pm
((I will post! I will post soon! Oh, why did the library have to kick me off?! gonk crying Oh, and congratulations, Dragon, on your fourth and fifth characters. Now we're even! xd ))  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:41 pm
((S'okay, just post when you can. I just thought we needed more candidites. Also, next time you get on here, pm me, we've got to talk about some important issues.))

~And introducing my new candidites, Wren and Marna.~

Two teens entered into the dining hall side by side. The male of the two seemed calm and confident about his surroundings while his female companions held on to the edge of his tunic in nervousness. Each of them also had a small green firelizard on their left shoulders.

Wren looked around at his new surroundings and gave Jade a gentle scratch on the head. The green was a bit nervous with her new surroundings but wouldn't leaved the one she'd bonded to. Wren looked sideways at his twin and offered her a reassring smile. "Everything will be alright Marna. I'm here with you and so is Rain."

Marna smiled at her brother then at her own firelizard when she nuzzled her triangle shaped head against the girl's cheek. Rain was more bold than her smaller sister Jade and also much more protective of her bonded. Marna rubbed the green and took a steadying breath before responding. "Thanks Wren, you too Rain." She pushed her dark brown hair away from her eyes before beginning to lead her brother to an empty table so she could sit down. The two then began to fix themselves a plate and settled down to eat and talk lowly with one another.

They had noticed the disturbance between the other candidites and the weyrleader but simply kept to themselves figuring that it wasn't any of their business.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:47 pm
(I posted this two days ago, but I guess my phone screwed up and it never went through)

Lennah flushed brightly at the chastisement from the man whose symbol showed that he was the Weyrleader. Her hands shook slightly, but she did her best to control her voice.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly to the boys across from her.

"It's just that my uncle Pikarle said that a firelizard was like a little bit of a dragon, so impressing a firelizard was a little like impressing a dragon, too. I was hoping that impressing Jarde would help me know what to expect when the dragon eggs hatch. I just don't wanna do something wrong."

Jennon smiled at her a little as she sat back down on the bench, the green firelizard twining her little neck around her girl's arm.

"It wasn't your fault, you just didn't know. Aldren and I have had more time here to talk to the riders, the ones with and without firelizards, and they said it wasn't like when you have to get the hatchling's attention for it to come to you. It's not hard like that, I guess."

The dark-complected boy next to him nodded in agreement.
"Taine was very stubborn. He almost fell off the table onto me, and he was meant for my older brother. Ryalen got a green. But greens are good too," he added after seeing the girl's firelizard bristle. He wasn't sure how a creature without fur could bristle, but she did.  

TheUnicornGirl

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:05 pm
Wren and Marna both looked up at the noise then went back to their food. Marna made a sound of suprise when her green firelizard Rain took off away from their table and over to the other candidites. She chittered at the candidite's firelizards and then landed gracefully on the table in front of them.

Marna turned scarlet then went after the green. "I am so sorry. She's never like this." She held a hand out for the firelizard and Rain jumped up onto her arm then climbed up to sit on her shoulder and wrap her tail around Marna's neck. She rubbed her head against the girl's cheek then chirped at the other candidites again. Marna sighed. "Sorry again, Rain is just friendly. She likes people but usually she's more polite than this and waits for Jade to come with her." The green in question chittered anxiously from her brother's shoulder. She smiled before getting ready to rejoin her brother. "Sorry again."

Wren rolled his eyes at his overly shy sister. "Oy Marna, your food is getting cold! Hurry up!"

Marna nodded. "I'm coming Wren." She smiled faintly at the group then went back to her brother.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:22 pm
((Okay, now. First off, I'm incredibly sorry that I haven't posted in forever. My fault (kinda), but I'm working on that. Second, here's my attempt at playing four characters simultaneously (look out, here comes M'ris, once again). Third, we can proudly welcome a new member: Lumiere Meridienne. Let's all make her welcome and not scare her away please. ^_^ Thank you everyone for your patience and dedication. Oh, and if any of you people are lurking around the site, just reading all of this, please jump in at any time.))

Tyreena smiled. "I suppose you're right," she said. "It might be a good idea to be on guard for a while, though. Purith has been getting more and more mischevious these past few days."

Purith gave a dragon equivalent of a loud laugh, startling some of the beasts in the corrall that housed the mixed herd. Now, that is something I'd like to watch. But "practical" is not the word I'd use for something like this. Call it what you will, it seems devious to me.

------------------------

G'ber was about to answer when a young candidate at the other end of the table rose his voice. He grimaced. In his heart of hearts, he agreed with the boy; it was a valid point that there hadn't been any Impressed firelizards on Pern form thousands of Turns. But, by the First Egg, did he have to be so loud? He was about to stand up and take the candidates to task when he heard M'gor settle it, quickly and efficiently. As they stammered their apologies, G'ber snorted and turned back towards his companion, seeing the forms of two new candidates in his peripheral vision. For the moment, though, he ignored them.

"That girl had it switched," he murmured. "The first dragonriders already had fire lizards, not the other way around."

------------------------

Lina entered the dining hall in time to catch the tail end of the loud argument between several candidates, and to hear M'gor's quick dismissal of the matter. She smiled good-naturedly as the atmosphere in the hall slowly eased back to its usual amiable chatter, but she wondered what sort of weyrlings this batch of candidates would turn out if they were already causing trouble. But maybe, if they Impressed one of the dragonets from the next clutch, they'd be a little more level-headed.

She headed towards the head table, not bothering to try to be discreet. After two Turns, she had finally settled into her role as senior Weyrwoman of Ieirne Weyr. She nodded at the riders when they called her greetings or smiled a welcome, and smiled warmly at the candidates, not quite meeting any of their eyes before she took her place beside M'gor. She sipped at her mug of klah before looking sideways at him.

"You did very well, M'gor, ending that argument," she said. "As I recall, that's not your favorite occupation. What exactly was that awful racket about, anyways? I never heard it clearly."

-----------------

M'ris ducked into the cavern and took a seat near the wall, his two green fire lizards, Brannet and Kardell, winging in after him. He eyed the candidates that were beginning to fill the tables and frowned slightly. After the initial shock of Impression had worn off, he had realized that while being a dragonrider granted him certain privileges, it also gave him new, more complicated restrictions. One thing he had always looked forward to was finding some he loved, who would marry him and never leave him. That would be denied him now. When the greens rose to mate, his blue Forth would inevitably persue them. If--no, when, for Forth was too quick, too smart, too strong, to let another beat him--Forth mated with a green dragon, he would have no choice in the matter. M'ris shuddered at the thought and his two greens chirped at him.

If you do not want me to, I won't. Forth's soft, sleepy voice entered M'ris's head, making the rider relax himself in a way that was only possible because of the blue dragon's undying, unconditional love, affection, understanding, care.

As one of the candidates' fire lizard flapped into another group's midst, he was brought of his reverie. He frowned once more. Those stupid children had no idea about the undesirable parts of being a dragonrider (that thought he kept closely hidden, where Forth would not hear it). They thought it was all glamour, flitting anywhere on Pern in the blink of an eye. They'd learn. Soon enough, they would learn.

((And with this, I attempt to make up for all those posts that weren't posted.))  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:19 am
((Hey greenrider, next time you post, don't forget to post with Garinth and his rider.))

Kes nodded to the greenrider. "You're probally right. Wreth has been just as mischievious lately and I know she's planning something that can't bode well for me." She sighed. "Guess it's inevitable, everyone knows that when you put dragons together, they're going to pull something eventually." She smiled then. "It's fine though."

Wreth chuckled at the green's reaction. If you'd like Purith, I shall warn you when I am planning to do this thing. All I need to get ready is Garinth's permission and cooperation. I've little care what his rider has to say in the matter. After all, who knows better than we what is best for our riders? The gold settled down then to sun, clearly proud of herself.

Kes's three firelizards appeared above their heads then. The young goldrider smiled up at them. "Barri, Karim, Tattle! Good to see you boys around. I haven't seen you much lately."

The two bronzes sent her impressions of the beach and dolphins and the smaller brown showed her the kitchens.

Kes rolled her eyes. "Silly creatures." She shifted and gestured at them to land.

The two bronzes, Karim and Barri, landed on her shoulders and Tattle came and landed in her outstretched arms. Kes snugged the little brown then rubbed her head gently against the bronzes on her shoulders.

--------

A gentle, loving smile came up on M'gor's face when he spotted Lina. "Good afternoon Lina. Sorry you heard that." He rolled his eyes at her choice of words about his talking to the candidites. "I did fine with them Lina. They were just arguing about rather having a firelizard made it more likely that you'd Impress than if you didn't have one. Something about more dragons choosing riders that had already impressed a firelizard rather than choosing those that hadn't. It was just a misunderstanding."

A warm warbled went through the weyrwoman's mind followed by Cadeth's affectionete voice. Good afternoon Lina, how are you today?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:56 pm
Garinth deftly glided in to land several dragonlengths from the two conversing riders, not much caring that F'lin was taking deep breaths and trying to calm himself down. But Garinth had decided that after he had cooled off a bit in their weyr, he would take his rider back.

Good luck, F'lin. Garinth's voice entered F'lin's mind as the young man slid off of his dragons shoulders.

"Thanks," he murmured, a bit too flustered to be sarcastic.

Resolutely, he strode towards the two riders. One he knew was Kes (he'd know her anywhere), but the other was a green's rider, one he didn't know very well. Garinth deftly supplied the girl's name: Tyreena, rider of green Purith. They were from same Hatching of two Turns back that Garinth was. Taking another deep breath, he joined the women, not quite looking at Kes.

"Hey," he said by way of greeting. "Good day to you, Tyreena. Sorry I had to leave earlier, Kes. Garinth, um, wanted me to oil a rough patch of his hide."

He hid behind the lie, cringing inwardly. He never let Garinth's hide get rough; an oiling every day, sometimes twice a day, was his routine. But it just might deflect some awckwardness between the two of them.

Garinth ambled over to where the large queen and her much smaller green sister were.

Greetings, Wreth, Purith.

His eyes whirled very blue as he turned his head to the lake, deftly lapping up a small drink. The water was always very clear here.

----------------------

Following Kes's fire lizards, Tyreena's own blue Tril darted in to light on her shoulder. She smiled, and had opened her mouth to reply to Kes when the brown dragon had landed and F'lin walked over. She knew him, of course. He was very popular with the other riders of his Hatching, and his dragon was friendly with most of the Weyr's dragons. She smiled with unconcealed delight at his approach. He was a fun rider, and she enjoyed his company. True to his nature, he always treated her like a younger sister, despite his being a full Turn younger than she was.

"Good day," she said in a reflexive response to his greeting. She would have teased him, but he had already gone on to apologize to Kes for something. Tyreena idly wondered if that was what had Purith in a tizzy.

I am not in a tizzy.

Sure you aren't, dearest.

Purith snorted, and continued her conversation with Wreth.

Thank you, sister. And here's your chance to inform Garinth of his part.

------------------------

"Of course," Lina said, her eyes dancing. "It's always a misunderstanding."

She smiled happily as she heard Cadeth's voice. I'm fine, thank you, Cadeth. Good afternoon to you as well. She wasn't sure if Cadeth heard her, as she was not one of those rare Weyrwomen who heard all the dragons, but she always liked to think that her connection with the bronze's rider made a difference.

"Cadeth is talkative today," she said, wondering whether M'gor would be possessive of his dragon or not; many riders were, even with their weyrmates.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:43 pm
Kes turned to offer the brownrider a bright smile as he approached. "Welcome back F'lin, and it's no problem. After all, our dragons always come first."

She inclined her head to Garinth. "You too, Garinth. I think Wreth was looking for you."

Wreth warbled a warm greeting to the brown. Hello Garinth, welcome back. Has yours finally gotten over his embarassment? Either way, I must speak to you of a matter of importance. The gold made her way over to the brown dragon and nuzzled against him affectionetely. I have an idea to stop the stupidity between your rider and mine. Would you mind helping me with it?

Kes sighed and leaned into Tyreena slightly so that F'lin wouldn't hear her. "I think our dragons are planning something that has to do with our brownrider friend over there."

----------

M'gor grinned. "He is, isn't he? I'm glad he's talking to you. I know he speaks a lot with your Mith but normally he shows no inclination to speak with you. As long as you and Mith don't mind him talking with you, then I certainly don't."

Cadeth warbled warmly in the Weyrwoman's mind. I like speaking to you. You're fun to talk to. The bronze seemed distracted. I am looking for Mith now, do you know where she is? I'd like her to come sunning with me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:20 pm
Delerden walked through the weyr by the lake. He Moved between trees wondering almost aimlessly he had inished his chores early that day and was looking for a good time. His mind always drifted to the hatching would he get a dragon? how long would it be? He heard distant sounds of other weyr residents.  

Direwolf1994

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:11 am
((Good to see you Wolfcub, the other candidites are in the dining hall in this thread. Weyrleaders Lina and M'gor are also there if you want someone for your candidite to interact with. Or since he's near the lake, there are a couple of dragons and there riders there.))  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff