Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Cost of a Dog Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you pay for your critters' care?
I work full-time
15%
 15%  [ 121 ]
I work part-time
15%
 15%  [ 124 ]
My parents pay for stuff
53%
 53%  [ 421 ]
Other (feel free to elaborate)
15%
 15%  [ 122 ]
Total Votes : 788

FreddyioMojoio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:45 pm
i love my dogs. So i got a job for this summer to get them doggie treats and bones but i wish i could choose two options because my parents buy the dog food  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:24 pm
I don't really know how much in total but for my dog's operation it was like 2000. I know it's over $500 total for 3 dogs  

Mahrahia

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

KuroJJ

850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 pm
My almost 12 years old dog had a bump on his front leg. It cost $100 to do just a veterinary check-up. And the estimation of the surgery would cost close enough to $1000 or even more. Scary crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:28 am
I agree with everyone. I've got two dogs-a Basset Hound and a Boxer, which are both pure bred. I'm lucky I have good friends, because I got my dogs free.
Later I figured out that if I had payed for them, I would have payed aprox. $1000 for the Basset and aprox. $1500 for my Boxer.
So far, for the first year, me and my Dad who shares the expenses with me have payed about $300 a month just for food! If we weren't sharing the costs, I wouldn't have my dogs.  

KyuubiNaruto1313

cloud of internal dust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:57 am
if you rescue one from the aspca its much cheaper and the money you pay goes to a wonderfull cost  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:17 am
I spend every penny spoiling my dog. Buiskets, foods, beds, toys ect ect. Hes going to the vet soon and I have to get a fence for the house I'm about to move to. Thats a good $300 and thats alot for a poor girls trying to live alone  

Z-MusicalChairMassacre-U

Talinka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Yah, a lot of people buy their dogs on impulse. I can't believe what some people will pay a petstore for their dog. I saw a pomeranian recently "on sale" for $1000. It's so much better to hold out and go to a responsible breeder or a rescue organization. You pay less and worry less about health concerns. Still, it also helps to look up typical ailments for each breed. When I got my Golden Retriever, Maverick, I read up on the breed and saw that hip displaysia is pretty common and really expensive to treat. He's only 3 right now but I have him on pet insurance because I'd rather pay in smaller incriments now than all at once when he's 10 or 11.

This is an awesome subject. All lot of dogs would be a lot better off if people looked over the expenses first instead of buying a dog and giving it away for lack of funds.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:56 pm
i did not have to pay for mine. we found her on the side of the high way. the real cost came in the visits to the vets, her food, and medicine. i pay for her dog food and my parents pay for vet. fee's, including medicine.  

Big sunny18

cheta1me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:56 pm
i got my puppy at the pound for only 70 bucks... he came with shots and a chip.. he's so cute
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:41 am
Im getting a puppy very soon and i have been saving my money for a long time but i still dont have enough!!! My mom wants a real puppy so it costs more then when you go to the spca and get a big dog already grown. For the puppy that we want it would cost over $1000 dollors!! Thats alot! Its a lab. When i was younger we got a lab for almost half that price and it was a puppy.  

Cute Gazoo

Gaytor Bait

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:04 am
Try having at least 5-9 dogs at all times.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 am
Say it ain't so, i will not go...

some places that you adopt from pay for the immunization shots and neutering also give you free training... well here they do that =)

turn the lights off, carry me home...

[ ELLEGARDEN ]

femalesasuke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:58 pm
I pay for my animals my self eventhough I don't have much money I pay for the animals and my parents pay for me lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 am
well, i'm getting a dog soon, what kind shall i get????  

Papricat

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces