Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Religion , What do you believe? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yeah,Religion
  Atheist.
  Boeddhist
  christian
  Jewish
  Muslim
  Pagan
  Other
View Results

La Petite Princess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:40 pm
I'm a superstitious Catholic... which means that lots of the old country beliefs my family holds are based in paganism... but Jesus is still the savior, just a lot of other saints to pray to, rosaries to pray, candles to light, and a Virgin Mother who I pray to more than God or Jesus...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:38 am
miss twinkle toes 001

Sorry Boys, But...

It's A Girl Thing!

wow it deleted my post but not the quote lol

Pastafarian lol. im personaly Agnostic. if anyone dosent know what that means, i belive in a higher power, but none of the defined religons. ih i HAD to pick id probably follow Buddism or Paganism.

We are raised in the religion our parents raised us in.
But when we come in the age of understanding, we read the holy scripture ourselves and decide for ourselves what religion is correct.
I supposed to be a christian.
But i don't believe in it anymore.
Example:
How can you believe in a zoo on water (noah's arc)?

I believe there is something: the 'ietsisme'

How about the flying spaghetti monster?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And the invisible pink unicorn?

A Getaway For Every Girl.

Click To join

Ember232

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Ember232

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:40 am
weeeird. posted the quote but not what i said. lol. well im Agnostic. i belive in a higher power but none of the defined religeons. if i had to choose though id probably be Buddist or Pagan.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:48 pm
For a while I thought I was an Atheist but I'm leaning towards the Ancient Mayans beliefs I'm absolutely fasinated by them and one of their main gods is based upon time and the eath's axis.

Although I'm leaning towards them I'm currently Agnostic. Who knows what is really out there in my opinion. The Mayans appeal to me with their since of time and knoledge they were one of the most sophisticated of religions.  

Shiimu Silverwind

S u n s h i n e S i n s

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:37 am
I'm actually Unitarian (I'm not one percent sure if this is how it's explained but this is what i found out about it) which means that i have a religion as a base but is universal and accepting of others practices and beliefs. my base
is paganism but i love finding out about other religious beliefs and practices.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 pm

I've been baptized a Christian and claim myself a Christian.
I believe in and look up to God and Jesus, though I haven't really read the Bible.
I still have my doubts, though, about God, Heaven, and Hell, so I'm slightly agnostic.
Basically, it's the "spiritual" things I'm not sure in the existence of, but I will always have faith in Jesus, because I know he really did live and die.
There's actual proof of him, unlike what I just mentioned.

Adrenaline End

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:39 pm
I'm Agnostic.
Agnostic, N. a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.
I've never been deeply religious, my father was raised Catholic but never really took my younger brother and me to church or anything. He just let us believe what we wanted to believe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:41 am
I am a complete atheist.

IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS AND EASILY OFFENDED DO NOT READ THE NEXT PART!!!

I believe that a god is a crutch for humans to lean on, for hope or to blame. I do not believe that there is an actual entity called "god". The idea of god existing is good and bad. It gives some people hope, makes others live in fear, and lets others throw away blame instead of owning up.

My main problem with god is that it makes many people fear death(lots of you say you don't, but stop being flippant and really,truly think about it). Many people fear death because they are terrified of having to face up to a god and have all of their wrongdoings examined, with the possibility of being sent to a fiery underworld.

My personal belief is that there is no afterlife, you just die. There is no such thing as a soul , just your conscience shaped by thoughts and experiences, which dies when your brain does. This isn't all bad, though, because it unites and connects the people that you knew and loved who are still alive.

Overall, I wish that human consciousness would evolve to a state where people don't need to rely on religion any more. (For one, it would reduce the number of violent squabbles that humans have about those beliefs). However, at this point I feel that it is important that it remains, because a large chunk of the population would be lost without it.

One counterargument that I do wish to address(Because it is a valid argument, in my opinion) is that religion is yet another concept that people are allowed to have varied beliefs in. It stimulates the mind, and drives human thought forward. Religion is one of the few things that people still have passionate beliefs about. My response: I wish we could put these beliefs into something a little more, well, useful. (I hate to be so blunt...sorry about that). If all of the people in the world who have ever actively pursued some religion turned their thoughts and positive actions to solving various world issues, I truly believe that the world would be a better place.

OK, my rant is over. Tell me what you think...

Oh, and by the way, for all of the FMA fans out there: one of my other random beliefs is Equivalent Exchange. (I'm completely serious...)  

Hikari No Tamashii

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:14 pm
I am an atheist. I can't bring myself to believe in someone I can't see. I just can't.

Actually, for the most part, I agree with Hikari no Tamashii.

(Do not read the following if you don't want to hear me rant about god, heaven, and hell being a crock.)

How could god be real? Have you seen him? Has he spoken to you? Isn't everyone going to hell, really? Everyone is jealous of something. Everyone is proud of the things they do.

If heaven exists, how come, when you go in a plane, you can't see anything? You go higher than the clouds and can't see some peaceful civilization.

Ever heard of the Columbine? Cassie and Rachel both believed in in god. They both loved him. And they got shot. Being told they were going to meet him. They thought God would save them. And he didn't.

If God exists, why is the world a living hell? Teachers involved in scandal, people killed every second, people crying? If God has the power to make it better, why doesn't he?

And then there's the fear of death. God gets to judge people. Why are you told not to judge people when you're down here, ey?

Like Hikari said, you just die. You can't cry, you can't smile. You will not see your parents or grandparents or whomever in heaven. They'd probably be in Hell with everyone else. But I digress.

Yeah, I fear death. Not what happens after. How it occurs. Will I go in my sleep? Will I be murdered? I don't fear death because I might be judged by some guy in white. I fear death because of the impact it may cause.

You do not have soul, simple fact. When you sneeze, your soul is not trying to get out through your frickin' nose.

God isn't going to help you in your time of need. How many people believe in God and can look in their fridges to find nothing? How many people are going and are in Hell?

Everyone. Me, you, that guy there. I don't believe in god. I'm gonna go to hell. He's gay, she's a lesbian. To hell with ya! He's greedy, he's envious. She's lusty she's gluttonous. Down you go~ She's angry. He committed suicide. He died of an STD. She had someone give her the shot.

What does god look like? Is he white? Black? Purple?? There are so many versions. If you had seen him, wouldn't you know his appearance? What does he sound like? Is his voice deep? Is it high? Is god even a man?

If we all believed in each other, not some man/woman we can't see, the world be much more peaceful. The world wouldn't be torn by religion anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:42 am
I am a practising Wiccan...I was baptized as a Christian but it has never seemed like the right path...I'd always been intrigued with mythology, magic and the earth...so three years ago..I follwed the path of the Goddess and I've never looked back ^-^ I don't judge people based on their religious beliefs...just dont patronize me or try to convert me...it really makes me angry....I am the High Priestess(In Training) of my coven 'Red Rose".

If you are easily horrified and outraged,..Please don't read..I don't want to make anyone angry for no reason.

Although...and please don't murder me here...when I was younger about...13-14...I had considered at one time...Satanism(it might have been part of a phase I was going through)...Now! here me out! please! it's really not as evil as you think...it's not evil at all...mainly selfish...but children and animals are revered(seen as the closest thing to purity)...and trust me...I stayed away from that path and took the one of the Goddess...but I don't understand why people patronize them...they have a right to their own bloody religion just like everyone else has. If you want to talk PM me...but I DO NOT want to start an arguement in public.

Merry Part!  

xViolet_Demisex

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:05 am
I'm sorry, I can't get over this. You need to fix the spelling in your poll. It is odd that the only religion you did not capitalize is Christian. One might think that you were biased against the religion or something. Also, it is spelled "Buddhism".  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:10 am
I'm a Finnish recon, though I'm also interested in Asatru. Pulled towards both, I guess, but right now I'm on my Finnish path.  

Arrowlake Riddler

Dellzasaur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 am
I'm a big Christian (:

<3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 am
xKimoyo

I've been baptized a Christian and claim myself a Christian.
I believe in and look up to God and Jesus, though I haven't really read the Bible.
I still have my doubts, though, about God, Heaven, and Hell, so I'm slightly agnostic.
Basically, it's the "spiritual" things I'm not sure in the existence of, but I will always have faith in Jesus, because I know he really did live and die.
There's actual proof of him, unlike what I just mentioned.

True that.
& thats exactly how I feel.

<3

Dellzasaur

Elegana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:28 am
Wow, no Zen Buddhists yet?

Well, there's a difference between normal Buddhism and Zen Buddhism.

Zen Buddhism is the practice of Learning To Find Peace with yourself and with many other things. For example, if you hate something about yourself, you need to come to terms with it. Now, this can be solved by trying to do something to at least make yourself happy with it.

Other things include learning to come to terms with many things. If you hate, or intolerant with something, you have to come and accept it. Doesn't mean you can't dislike it... Dislike is more of "I see no interest in it". Strongly Dislikes is more of "I will never become interest in it, but I respect it and accept it's existance in this world".

We don't have a god; well, we do... but we do not worship him. He's not a savior, nor a messiah, nor a messenger; he's someone that brings luck, love, and helps you with his teachings. So he's more of a close teacher than a god.

You can go to temples, and you can go whenever you like. Temples are around to help you, in case you're having a hard time with something. Monks will be there to help you as much as you need, and strive to help you to really get better.

'Zen' does mean Peace and Tranquility after all.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff