Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Rainbow Bridge
MY DAD LIED TO ME ABOUT MY DOG....ONIX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Spatz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:11 pm
The guy isn't mean for shooting it. You guys don't understand that if the dog had rabies, it could have spread to the family. Wouldn't you rather kill the dog before that happens? stare

Think it through before you condemn the guy. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:11 pm
crying thats just horrible. first he tells u that he put it to sleep then he tells you that he shot it. he shouldve brought it to the vet to make sure it was rabies, it couldve been something treatable. also he shouldve actually put it to sleep. crying  

greenday28

Country_girl113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:14 am
Anmlsikocc
OMG HE COULD HAVE KILLED HER IN A HUMANE WAY!!!!
its one thing to kill your dog withought telling you, but to do so in such an inhumane way..why i oughta.......sry but FLIP YOUR FLIIPIN DAD WITH NO HEART GOD DAMBITO!!! i wana cry now..... sad sad sad : sad : (: (: (: ( sad sad : ( sad :
i reallllllly
PLEASE TELL YOUR DAD SOME ONE THINKS HE IS VERY INHUMANE AND HEARTLESS, AND HE SHOULD'VE GONE TO A VET
i bet he didnt even care about u rut dog....i sooooo sry but fluck him...i really dont want to know the answer but...did she.....die long?

it depends where he shot her if it was humane or not, if he did it right she didn't feel anything  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:34 am
I didn't read this whole thing but I'd like to say a thing to those who think shooting any animal to kill thim is right.

How do you like being shot? I bet you you wouldn't like it. And imagine if someone you trusted and loved shot you, how would you feel? Maybe Onix did growl but that is no reason to put her down~

My dog barks and growls at men but, he was hit and has a bad past.  

Fire In Bleeding Hearts

Yoshiplayer139

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:42 am
sagirafire
I know people are pretty worked up about it being inhumane to kill a dog by shooting it, but perhaps it was fast? I don't know how christmas_day's Dad did it, but when an animal needs to be destroyed on a farm it's generally shot.

Personally, my family doesn't have money to call a veterinarian to euthanize every animal on our farm, it simply gets a bullet through the brain. It's relatively quick, and there is minimal pain considering the other option is to let it slowly die in the pasture. In this case, if Onix was rabid, then she would have died in a horrible painful manner and likely taking others with her. After the aggression shows itself in rabid animals, they become unable to drink water or swallow their own saliva, hence the alternate name for rabies, hydrophobia. After foam appears around the mouth paralysis is quick to come. She would have died in pain and terrified.

Christmas_day's Dad doesn't come off to me as a sadistic man so I'm sure he didn't torture Onix by making death painful. For God's sake he gave her food before he performed the deed, that speaks of some compassion.

So your family doesn't have $30 to spare? man...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:50 pm
That's horrible,a person could be put in jail for being reported doing that.Yet one thing I'm not sure about is why he couldn't have put her to sleep?True I don't know if your family could afford it or if you lived close enough to an animal hospitel.And why did he wait that long before telling you,do you know?  

Sevilai

Fire In Bleeding Hearts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
My mom was a single parent, working two jobs to keep our aparment, when we got a cat that had bladder problems and had to be put down.

Did we shot it?

NO!

Because that is just plain wrong, we put out the money so that the animal would'nt have to go through pain before it died!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 pm
omg i'm so sorry you had to go though that that's so horrible that onix had to die slowly that is just so inhumane your dad could have taken her to a vet or if it was too dangerus to take her in the car call one and have her put down painlessly. i'm truly sorry, no one should have to go though that i give you my deepest sympathy  

1DAKOTA SMITH1

gs_gsd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 pm
That's awful. He could've at least told you first or given Onix a chance to behave better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:14 pm
alejandro138
sagirafire
I know people are pretty worked up about it being inhumane to kill a dog by shooting it, but perhaps it was fast? I don't know how christmas_day's Dad did it, but when an animal needs to be destroyed on a farm it's generally shot.

Personally, my family doesn't have money to call a veterinarian to euthanize every animal on our farm, it simply gets a bullet through the brain. It's relatively quick, and there is minimal pain considering the other option is to let it slowly die in the pasture. In this case, if Onix was rabid, then she would have died in a horrible painful manner and likely taking others with her. After the aggression shows itself in rabid animals, they become unable to drink water or swallow their own saliva, hence the alternate name for rabies, hydrophobia. After foam appears around the mouth paralysis is quick to come. She would have died in pain and terrified.

Christmas_day's Dad doesn't come off to me as a sadistic man so I'm sure he didn't torture Onix by making death painful. For God's sake he gave her food before he performed the deed, that speaks of some compassion.

. . . Not all the vet offices are only $30 Our vet office here costs around $250, to put an animal down.  

Lady Spatz

Fire In Bleeding Hearts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:04 pm
That doesn't make shooting any animal right.

Your dad should've given Onix away instead of killing her!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:51 am
Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

so sad ..
his too cruel  

Sorrowss

Aredelia

Generous Lover

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:40 pm
OMG HOW WOUL HE LIKE IT SOMEONE DID THAT TO HIM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:31 pm
Your dad is like a p***k supporting animal abuse  

ThomasAqua

Killer Budgie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:10 pm
alejandro138

$30? Wow. That's really cheap compared to our clinic where it's $65, more if you want cremation...
Not to mention, yeah. A lot of people don't have $30 to spare. Especially on a euthanizing a dog when a bullet to the head does the job too.

Sorry the above statement is very insensitive to the OP. I'm sorry that you lost your dog. It's a very hard thing to go through. I'm sure your dad was just trying to protect you originally, then felt bad about lying to you. My parents shipped me off to my grandma's when they put our dog down. Then they didn't even bother to tell me when I got home. It was one of those, "Hey, where's the dog? ...." moments.

Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff