Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
My goodness - the rudeness of kids these days. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:24 pm
emilami
Nei1
emilami
I've had that problem on several occasions, mainly when I go into the fishing games, slots, or one of the other such things out there. I've gotten to where most of the time when I create a room I lock it. I miss the days where you could name those rooms so that you could go into geezer rooms and not worry about it.

I actually had one young punk threaten to report me to mods for being "old" which automatically makes me a "*****". I told him to go right ahead since being old isn't against the rules. XD

I've told quite a few of the kids who accuse me of being a ***** that REAL ***** lie and say they're young when they aren't. I've also gone on to say that I'm very happily married, and have no interest in them.
In there minds being an adult 21+ AUTOMATICALLY classifies you as a ***** to for being on "kids" site. Even though the creators were like 17+ themselves.

I am well aware of that. I've brought up the fact that the site creators are older than I am and that most of the mods are over 18 (or is it all of them... I forget), but then they accuse me of impersonating a mod. It's pointless to try to explain these things to kids who think they know everything. That's why these days I always create my own room and LOCK it when I go into those areas of the site.
The mods must over 18. A quote from the mod application:
Quote:

(WARNING: YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS)

I guess there is nothing will make kids think that not all adults are *****  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 pm
Devilish Zukin
Ah well, at least there is a place for all of us now.

Truthfully it's comforting to see so many people that are 21 or over.

Sometimes I think, "Is it wrong I'm still here on these forums?"

I couldn't agree more!  

0Brutal-Beauty0

0Brutal-Beauty0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:53 pm
Nei1
emilami
Nei1
emilami
I've had that problem on several occasions, mainly when I go into the fishing games, slots, or one of the other such things out there. I've gotten to where most of the time when I create a room I lock it. I miss the days where you could name those rooms so that you could go into geezer rooms and not worry about it.

I actually had one young punk threaten to report me to mods for being "old" which automatically makes me a "*****". I told him to go right ahead since being old isn't against the rules. XD

I've told quite a few of the kids who accuse me of being a ***** that REAL ***** lie and say they're young when they aren't. I've also gone on to say that I'm very happily married, and have no interest in them.
In there minds being an adult 21+ AUTOMATICALLY classifies you as a ***** to for being on "kids" site. Even though the creators were like 17+ themselves.

I am well aware of that. I've brought up the fact that the site creators are older than I am and that most of the mods are over 18 (or is it all of them... I forget), but then they accuse me of impersonating a mod. It's pointless to try to explain these things to kids who think they know everything. That's why these days I always create my own room and LOCK it when I go into those areas of the site.
The mods must over 18. A quote from the mod application:
Quote:

(WARNING: YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS)

I guess there is nothing will make kids think that not all adults are ***** class="clear">

LMAO!! Who the hell are these kids who think they're so damn irresistible!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:53 pm
Yeah, I noticed the trend of cyber-children in the Towns. I guess they have to get off somehow?  

Pink Mint Tea

shirastardust

Friendly Gaian

4,700 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:59 pm
I know what you mean about the rudeness of the younger people on this site.
When I was a member of the over 30 and gaian guild, if we were in the jigsaw puzzle group, we used to put over 30 and gaian as the room name. One time I had a little snot nosed brat just come into the room to type "*****" and leave. I reported him and he couldn't even spell the correct name, *****.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 pm
I run an RP in the forums here and I remeber how shocked my staff were to find out I really was 23. Most of them are under the age of 18 except for two I beleive. It was quite funny the way they reacted. I have also found that voicing my opinion as an older eprson in the lifestyle forums hard to do because I tend to get shot down by the younger ones.... burning_eyes  

Titans_bayne

6,050 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

pretty hate machine

Toxic Nymph

17,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:50 pm
Karill
Which would be the reason why I never go to the GD. Ever.

Well, except for word games. whee

Same here. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:19 pm
Adults are rude too. I commonly run into rude adults more than rude teenagers.  

sdakjghaskldfg

Otaku Mitsubushi

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:45 pm
I hate it when these peopel are stupid enough to assume that teens and younger are on here. look at the founders of gaia they are in their forties and also their is plenty of people 21 and older. As for such people calling me an ***** I basically say "don't talk to me" An Few times I gave lectures to these young people about life ahead of them and they have tooken my asdvice seriously. Well some... and basically from those people that actually said thanks. They have been talking to me for a while. I really just place people who say I'm an ***** in the ignored section. Along with anybody that assumes that i am doing something wrong and basically persecutes me for it. I don't generally find too much trouble from them too often. When i do I just ignore them...I also ignore the people who think people are noobs. They were noobs at one time and they should grow up and let people look like noobs and not persecute they are not "rich" enough. Who cares it's pixels? I just go here and have fun and I just hate morons who screw s**t up to be honest. Well I vented enough i suppose so let me get out of the way of responders to your thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:49 pm
pretty hate machine
Karill
Which would be the reason why I never go to the GD. Ever.

Well, except for word games. whee

Same here. 3nodding

I agree with you two....  

Otaku Mitsubushi

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:53 pm
Depends on how the rest of the conversation went.

If they were nice from the beginning up until that point, I ask what's wrong with being an older member when even admins like Lanzer are older than 12 and give them a chance to make up for it.

And, if they were a jackass from the beginning, I tend to use my superior knowledge--and apparent language skills--to let them know that even the admins are over the age of 12 and that Gaia is a community website open to the entire public. This usually sends them into a tailspin of confusion and incoherent sentences as I report them for abuse.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:12 pm
I completely agree. I dont think I am that old. However I have old ideals and feel old when in some of the forums. I will go to post something to discuss and in return have a bunch of teenagers trash talk, or make fun of me. Honestly I did not joing Gaia to be insulted. I really wish they enforced the rules a little better.  

Mrs Chaeos

8,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Megathread 100

Evil Evie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:29 pm
Mrs_Black_Bear
Yes I have come across that anoyance unfortunately

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you deal with such behavior? I think it has to do with a lack of good parenting since now days spanking your child is considered abuse, and it would also seem Christianity is banned in all aspects from schools and the general public which annoys me greatly I mean what about Freedom of religion? Another Problem is the Media, I think the Media also has alot to do with the attitudes of children and teens today, I mean look at what almost all teen movies are promoting and the music too, sex, violence and disrespect!

The world has certainly declined and it makes me very sad, Though I hope to have children of my own and raise them to be respectfull of all people and well manored.

I don't think lack of "Christianity", the media, or music has a thing to do with it. I am Atheist and am respectful to those who are respectful to me.
The problem is a lack of discipline. Parents aren't even allowed to punish their own children. Society is being too soft on these kids. They're told that are special and have all these rights. Since there are no consequences for their actions they run amok saying and doing whatever feels good to them.
I deal with ill mannered snots all day long. Some of them just need a good kick in the butt!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:41 pm
How utterly silly. Well, since they don't know how to use a keyboard and the English language properly, it's probably a big waste of time to even talk to them. lol

Kids have gotten to be huge jerks, nowadays. It's because the parents are lazier and lazier. Or, ignorant. Whichever.  

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Evil Evie
Mrs_Black_Bear
Yes I have come across that anoyance unfortunately

What are your thoughts on this, and how do you deal with such behavior? I think it has to do with a lack of good parenting since now days spanking your child is considered abuse, and it would also seem Christianity is banned in all aspects from schools and the general public which annoys me greatly I mean what about Freedom of religion? Another Problem is the Media, I think the Media also has alot to do with the attitudes of children and teens today, I mean look at what almost all teen movies are promoting and the music too, sex, violence and disrespect!

The world has certainly declined and it makes me very sad, Though I hope to have children of my own and raise them to be respectfull of all people and well manored.

I don't think lack of "Christianity", the media, or music has a thing to do with it. I am Atheist and am respectful to those who are respectful to me.
The problem is a lack of discipline. Parents aren't even allowed to punish their own children. Society is being too soft on these kids. They're told that are special and have all these rights. Since there are no consequences for their actions they run amok saying and doing whatever feels good to them.
I deal with ill mannered snots all day long. Some of them just need a good kick in the butt!
Quite so! I screwed up and my dad would use a belt and I've blacked out whatever my mom did (Mom = terrifying when angry). Let the parents go back to beating the snot out of their brats. Society will be better for it.

And don't misread this. I do think there is a point where a reprimand can go too far and become child abuse.  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff