Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Where do you live? [NEW POLL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do you live?
  USA
  Canada
  South America
  Asia
  UK
  Eastern Europe
  Western Europe (And Russia)
View Results

Decidere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:14 pm
I live in England, and I do love it here. Plus, Arthur is great, and I am guilty of having a few of his traits (I have countless books on superstitions, folklore and mythozoology lying around. And I like tea. xD)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 pm
Decidere
I live in England, and I do love it here. Plus, Arthur is great, and I am guilty of having a few of his traits (I have countless books on superstitions, folklore and mythozoology lying around. And I like tea. xD)

WHEREABOUTS? *hops on a train and comes to book-share with you* I've just been nosing through this WONDERFUL little volume called Nature's Ways and it's all about flowers and trees and herbs and animals and superstition and putting holy water on potatoes and she gives "mythical" creatures space as well! *ridiculously happy sigh*

...xD I live in England, and I do love it here (though I'm going to New Zealand for eight months - my heart is chopped in half and divided between two opposite parts of the world!) as well, AND I adore Arthur because... well... Teaandghostsandeyebrows.

Yes, I'm a tea fanatic (though I drink coffee too), and yes, I like roast dinners ( though actually my tastes in food are pretty broad and the rest of Europe would be proud *w* ), AND I speak the Queen's English. I went to a public school and got asked once why I sounded posh. At a PUBLIC school. T^T I can't help it that I try to pronounce things properly. *sigh* And, I think I said this in the introduction thread, I have all the flower fairy books. |D And still write about fairies.

Phew, I'm not generally this excitable. xDDD

Frothy Crema

Mukuro-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:08 pm
Frothy Crema
Yes, I'm a tea fanatic (though I drink coffee too), and yes, I like roast dinners ( though actually my tastes in food are pretty broad and the rest of Europe would be proud *w* ), AND I speak the Queen's English. I went to a public school and got asked once why I sounded posh. At a PUBLIC school. T^T I can't help it that I try to pronounce things properly. *sigh* And, I think I said this in the introduction thread, I have all the flower fairy books. |D And still write about fairies.

(( Obviously I approve of the aforementioned things. *nods* =w=b ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:51 am
Frothy Crema
WHEREABOUTS? *hops on a train and comes to book-share with you* I've just been nosing through this WONDERFUL little volume called Nature's Ways and it's all about flowers and trees and herbs and animals and superstition and putting holy water on potatoes and she gives "mythical" creatures space as well! *ridiculously happy sigh*

...xD I live in England, and I do love it here (though I'm going to New Zealand for eight months - my heart is chopped in half and divided between two opposite parts of the world!) as well, AND I adore Arthur because... well... Teaandghostsandeyebrows.

Phew, I'm not generally this excitable. xDDD

Ooh that book (Nature's Ways) sounds interesting! I live a little bit southeast of London, technically I'm in Kent but I'm in a London borough, which has always confused me a little... xD In any case. Fairly close to London.

And you? :3

Also, YES ROAST DINNERS. Yorkshire Puddings are the best part, y/y?

Decidere

Frothy Crema

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:17 am
It's a marvelous little book, by Ruth Binney. I wholeheartedly suggest seeking it out. n__n <3

OOH, I've heard a lot about Kent. Or I sort of know of it. I might have even been there when I was small. My parents dragged me goodness knows where, so~

Yorkshire puddlings, yesyes. *w* We had Yorkshire puddings at the Black Sheep Brewery in Yorkshire, giant ones, with onion gravy.

...Actually, I don't get the beef about British cooking. xD It always smells so homely to me, and we roast things a lot and don't boil them THAT commonly... (I'm thinking of Asterix comics - ANTICLIMAX! - here, more French bitching about our food)... and the meat can be so tender and nummy and not nearly as stodgy as the dumplings you get in Austria. Though I <3 German/Austrian/French breakfasts, and ate the best I ever have in my LIFE while we were skiing. Mountain food is even richer and just... *salivates*

*high-fives Switzerland-tan* >w<

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:45 am
I'll go check my local library!

Yeah, I don't understand all the jokes about British cooking either. Well, English cooking at least. (I have no intention of trying out haggis...)
I guess maybe British food doesn't taste bad to us because we're used to it? Whenever I go to France or places like that I can end up ill from the food, because although it's absolutely delicious it's also terribly rich and I'm not used to such high quality stuff. xD

Germany = Y HALO THAR HAVE SOME CHEESE, SALAMI AND PRETZEL BREAD FOR BREAKFAST. Or at least that's what happened when I stayed with my exchange partner. It was nice, though (well - the food. I actually hated my exchange partner because she was my complete opposite).

Switzerland and Belgium = CHOCOLATE.
I haven't actually visited Switzerland, but when I went to Belgium I bought 30 euros worth of sweets in one go ;A; THEY WERE DELICIOUS

Decidere

Frothy Crema

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:13 pm
I've been sick whenever I've gone to America.

Suffice to say, I have a bit of a bias against their cuisine, even though I rationally know most cases had NOTHING to do with it.

xO France and Germany = too many chips. Pass the mashed/roast potatoes, please! And, as I said, mountain food in particular, but I can't recall ever getting sick from it specifically. Maybe I've always selected things that are quite light? The WATER up there's another matter.

xD When I was a tot, I used to LOVE mussels in white wine with chips. LOVE. My favourite meal - would have it whenever it was on offer.

Then I learnt they were filter feeders.

And the part of me that's OCD threw a tantrum nearly matching the magnitude of when I went off mushrooms for a year because I thought someone might accidentally slip a toadstool in and had nightmares to this affect and would wake up and scrape at my tongue in a panic. I was one neurotic kid. xD;;

Jarred/tinned vegetables crack me up, though. Especially bleached asparagus. "DADDY, DADDY, DADDY! LOOK! PHALLUS! 8D *wiggles jar in the middle of the supermarket*"

I know old British food was... very... economical, but I look on that as a GOOD thing, actually. xD WASTE NOT WANT NOT.

OMG I want to draw Arthur eating fish and chips on a pebble beach. xD Chips go with fish.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:14 pm
I live in the US but I wasnt born there, but I think Alfred is really funnyXDD I have too amny favs tooXD  

Haro-chan

Pan Twardowski

Vicious Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:47 pm
I live in America.

I also am proud/ashamed to say I speak like a valley girl. ^^;; I also drink large amounts of coffee. A lot of my friends don't like it, though, and think I'm crazy for drinking it. It's an acquired taste, I tell them. xD

I love Alfred, though, he's so funny. Reading strips with him in them actually makes me a bit more patriotic.

American food isn't all hamburgers. . Well, I suppose for some people, it is. ==;; But I can't really tell the difference between "East Coast" and "West Coast" cuisine.

I guess like Alfred I'm a bit oblivious at times and I am a bit competitive. xD . . And there's the coffee.

I do like tea, though!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:20 pm
...|D I liked most of the food in New England, thinking about it (OH GOD THE IRONY.)

Muffins.

Moar muffins.

Pumpkin Pie.

BEN AND JERRY'S.

Clam chowder.

Cinnamon toast.

Daddy don't eat the lobster you're hurting it I'll buy them all and put them back in the sea now. ; ;

omfg AMERICAN PANCAKES.

And I drink insane amounts of both tea and coffee. ;3 Coffee helps to prevent colon cancer. According to my Nature book.

Frothy Crema

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:32 pm
I always got confused when people would bring up "American cuisine" -- DO WE HAVE SUCH A THING -- it takes foreigners to make me realize that some totally normal foods here are, like.. weird and strange and MURKAN. (Apparently, England, you do not have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Or much of peanut butter anything. :<)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:32 am
Wassat? We do have peanut butter! I used to eat it straight out of the pot when I was a kid. xd
We just don't tend to combine it with things. Especially not with jam.

@Frothy Crema: I'm also guilty of drinking insane amounts of tea and coffee. I got kicked out of Whittards once because I was drinking all their free tea samples D:

Also, general question for everyone: MARMITE. Yay/nay?
It's a very big YAY on my end.

Decidere

Frothy Crema

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:58 am
xDD Yeah we do have peanut butter! When I was in reception class, we filled celery sticks with it, then stuck raisins in, and called them rotting logs - I still occasionally make them for a snack to this day.

< < And I sometimes have peanut butter and jam on toast. *shrug*

PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA.

Although, yeah, I most commonly eat it on its own. xD

Though I MUCH PREFER MARMITE. Ooh, marmite. <3 Just a thin spread atop butter melted into lightly-toasted... toast. *melts* Or on crumpets. Ooh, marmite on crumpets.

...This thread keeps making me hungry. xDD

...; ; WHITTARDS. *cuddles her little promotional Whittards delivery van and snivels* Luckily, they're handling it well enough they don't have to close down all the shops.

LIKE WOOLWORTHS.

T_________T

Actually, I never shop at Woolworth's anymore, but it was somewhere my Mum would drag us through when we were tots, so I have a kind of nostalgic affection for it most of us probably know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:40 am
MARMITE ON CRUMPETS IS MY FAVOURITE OFMGDFGDHGDH.
I love the way it oozes through the crumpet and it just gets absolutely soaked in marmitey goodness.
And then you have all the leftover marmite... liquidstuff... on the plate, and then lick the plate gonk heart

I have nowhere to get my pick 'n' mix now Woolworths is gone B|
*sobs forever*

Decidere

Frothy Crema

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:35 pm
YES!YES!YES!*foodgasm!* *w*

I have apple and cinnamon fruit tea with honey right now. <3

Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash