Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
twilight the movie! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight
  Yes
  No
View Results

Daicake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 am
OMG TWILIGHT IS GAY

THERE COPYING EVERYTHING THATS ALREADY BEEN DONE  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:04 pm
Neecha Rui
I used to be a follower of Twilight.

Used to.

However, the staggering amount of commercialization, lack of creativity in anything beyond the first book (and even then I'm giving the thing some leway), and the hoardes of fanboys and fangirls proclaiming themselves to be Edward and Bella has really wanted to make me take a gun loaded with silver bullets to my werewolf-loving heart.

If anything, yes, the genre has been tapped out. Vampire love stories were great when they were new and...sparkly (I used it, yes I did,) with something no one had really read about before. However, I find that Twilight went beyond love story into relationship dependant/dementia.

I've seen it. Guys saying that they must be Edward to their girls. Girls saying that they want so badly to be his Bella. God damn! Now all I see where there once was a person with his/her own uniqueness are mindless drones with crazed posession in their eyes.

But perhaps this is what the tweens want. So be it. However, this age group has a bad habit of swarming to one idea one year and then leaving it for another. Pokemon as an example anyone? Harry Potter?

I will never watch the movie. From what I hear, the acting is horrid, the scenes are not well played out, and all in all it progresses into a Mary Sue-ish style of damsel-in-distress, only Robin Hood craves blood and sparkles in the sunshine.

All in all, if you really must read a love story, read a good one. If you want a vampire story, read a good one! There are plently other series and novella that far outrank the Twilight Saga in both style, dictation, drama, horror, and romance.

To those of you who remain fans: So be it. Perhaps one day you will really be taken for a ride with a story worth the glamour and fame Edward Cullen has.

I'm hoping you're keeping this geared towards the tweeny psycho fangirls out there. I am a fan (mostly of Twilight, not huge in the other 3), but I do know the difference between reality and fiction.

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

CherryKittyMeow

Hilarious Fatcat

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:47 pm

i havenĀ“t seen this movie but looks interesting, i really want to see it scream rofl 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:38 pm
I read the books when they first came out and this movie (as always) sucked compared to books they got a few parts write but Edward is Supposed to be hot! Hate to say it (actullay i don't) but Robert Pattinson is not hot!!!!!!!!!  

The Black Eclipse

Avenged 7Fold Fanatic-_-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:51 pm
The movie wasn't very good compared to the books at all..!! surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 am
The books are... okay, chick lit.
but books are definitely better than movie. I hated the casting.  

Avicienna

lorrainejoy13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:12 am
i love twlight! 3nodding
im still reading the midnight sun draft  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:15 pm
I enjoyed the first book, but after that, the characters started to just piss me off. Edward deal with his mistake and just deal with the consiquences of it. And Bella was waaay too dramatic after a while. And the last book I had make myself read it and the whole time i was thinking "Is this REALLY a teen book!?!?!"

I have seen the movie and was right about the director not knowing what really to portray. She didn't do a good job, and because of it, the movie turned out bad. Plus the Guy who played Edward didn't do too good of a job being calm and classy XP.  

Adelia

6,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

meair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:03 pm
I just watched the movie. I already read the books. Wow, Could they have butchered a movie any worse? It wa all very amiture! I know the actors are good (maybe not together) They didn't really fit the parts that well either, but the director had the camera following the people like a homemade documentory. The story is still great, it could have been the next best thing since Harry Potter if it had been done right. So SAD cry  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:11 pm
my gf forced me to read the books X[
but they wer actually pretty good
then the movie came out
as soon as i saw cedric watevr the hufflepuffer and a red head ugly chick who needs to brush her teeth i got pissed and decided not to watch the movie  

The McNinja

Shiko Uchiha

2,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:06 pm
its a fail  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:37 pm
meair
Wow, Could they have butchered a movie any worse? cry

Yes .. sadly people have forgotten about Eragon. That was horrible. crying  

Katai Rei Kun

Rorschach Lives

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:46 pm
I agree stare  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:31 pm
You know, I never did go and see it. I guess it was the previews that kinda killed it. The more I saw, the more I didn't want to see. I don't plan on watching it until it comes on TV and even then, I might not pay that much attention to it.

On another note, I haven't touched the books since I finished them and I've no clue what to do with them. ::shrug::  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

xX Katie - Kisses Xx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:01 pm
I LOVED the books. However, I am really disappointed with the movie. I saw a few parodies and those actors looked better than the real ones. I have a feeling I am going to be even more disappointed with New Moon because half of the book made me angry and it was also a bit boring. I'll go see it anyway but I know I won't like what I see.

Few parodies (funny and amazing. Trust me, they're worth it.)

Movies In Minutes - Twilight

'Twilight' Parody - By "The Hillywood Show"

Twilight Trailer Spoof

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out