Submit

Vote?
  No on 8 :D
  Yes on 8! (you stink)
View Results

u nd i

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:45 am
"Prop 8 was wrong and unChrist-like."

There are many Christians who will/did vote yes out of love though. Love for their fellow man, because they are trying to "protect homosexuals from themselves." They are illustrating that they believe it to be wrong in a civil, peaceful manner, unlike a lot of extremists out there.

Incest is still legal in some countries? gonk
Well anyhow, my point is that just because something is not specifically stated to be wrong, that does not mean it is right.
I mean, it does not say "don't set fire to someone's house" but we still know that is wrong. Obviously that is because of law made by man, lame example is lame, but you get my jist?

"If you can't love your neighbour how can you love God?"

I can't agree with this statement more. This is an excellent point towards those over-zealous Christians who do hate homosexuals. I have never understood how they can act so hatefully when, as you said, loving your neighbour is loving God. So here, I agree with you. I mean, I am against homosexuality, but that noun is an act, not a person. People are not meant to be hated.

@faretheewell:

Are we talking about Christians being disrespectful towards homosexuals? Because if we are I am on your side of the page here. Nobody has a right to hate another, and that is the one thing that genuinely annoys me. Well, back in school we had one of those "HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION FOR YOU" Christians and quite frankly I can see why people get annoyed. It just degrades what it means to be a Christian.

BUT, marriage is a sacred act between a man and woman, used for creating families. Men and women can create families, as they are supposed to, but obviously that doesn't biologically work for homosexuals. And so marriage should always remain between a man and a woman.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:12 am
Zephyrkitty
I've asked a few more here, but I think you've answered most of them otherwise. Thanks!

Can you post a link on the research?

I'm actually for gay marriage, but I don't believe this to be true 100% of the time. Research is quite a hard thing to do. There needs to be multiple research studies to be able to prove something, because there are always an outside reason that could have changed the reason.

To say that they don't choose who they love is insulting. To lump homosexuality in with other mental disorders is degrading.  

Laurelindoren

5,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Market Browser 100

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:40 am
Ananobot
"Prop 8 was wrong and unChrist-like."

There are many Christians who will/did vote yes out of love though. Love for their fellow man, because they are trying to "protect homosexuals from themselves." They are illustrating that they believe it to be wrong in a civil, peaceful manner, unlike a lot of extremists out there.

Incest is still legal in some countries? gonk
Well anyhow, my point is that just because something is not specifically stated to be wrong, that does not mean it is right.
I mean, it does not say "don't set fire to someone's house" but we still know that is wrong. Obviously that is because of law made by man, lame example is lame, but you get my jist?

"If you can't love your neighbour how can you love God?"

I can't agree with this statement more. This is an excellent point towards those over-zealous Christians who do hate homosexuals. I have never understood how they can act so hatefully when, as you said, loving your neighbour is loving God. So here, I agree with you. I mean, I am against homosexuality, but that noun is an act, not a person. People are not meant to be hated.

@faretheewell:

Are we talking about Christians being disrespectful towards homosexuals? Because if we are I am on your side of the page here. Nobody has a right to hate another, and that is the one thing that genuinely annoys me. Well, back in school we had one of those "HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION FOR YOU" Christians and quite frankly I can see why people get annoyed. It just degrades what it means to be a Christian.

BUT, marriage is a sacred act between a man and woman, used for creating families. Men and women can create families, as they are supposed to, but obviously that doesn't biologically work for homosexuals. And so marriage should always remain between a man and a woman.

Incest can cause deformities in offspring and that is the only reason I see that it is wrong. It has a negative effect. How is homosexuality wrong? Homosexuals want to love their own gender. They aren't harming anyone at all. So if they enjoy their lives just as a heterosexual couples, how is it that the people that voted for prop 8 were helping them? Helping them from not getting equal legal rights as other married couples? You are aware that they are still going to have sex and continue with their relationships with marriage or not,right? The only thing is that they are being denied a human right. I am sorry but they are not harming anyone so it is just very unethical to deny someone a right based on sexuality. May as well go back to shunning people based on color and religion, things that don't harm others.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 am
Laurelindoren
Zephyrkitty
I've asked a few more here, but I think you've answered most of them otherwise. Thanks!

Can you post a link on the research?

I'm actually for gay marriage, but I don't believe this to be true 100% of the time. Research is quite a hard thing to do. There needs to be multiple research studies to be able to prove something, because there are always an outside reason that could have changed the reason.

To say that they don't choose who they love is insulting. To lump homosexuality in with other mental disorders is degrading.

...This is an old thread. I don't even remember posting this. sweatdrop

Research regarding what, specifically? I'll see if I can find something.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:41 pm
Ananobot
@faretheewell:

Yes, that is exactly what I was getting at. Prop 8 was never really a debate about the right to marry. It was and is a debate about whether or not any of us have the right to control and judge another person's life and make choices for them.

While I can understand your point, I must disagree. I always find the argument that "heterosexuals can procreate, homosexuals can't" to be a little bit weak. Mostly because this particular ban actually means that marriage should be disallowed to me. I am a straight Christian woman, but I plan to never have children of my own. If being fruitful and multiplying is truly the only rational behind getting married, I should not be permitted to marry either.

Nor should infertile people.

Or people who plan to adopt instead of having their own children.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 am
I know this thread is ages old but I came in here and nearly fell over XD
I'm gay.
And....yet I dont feel...I dont feel..WRONG.
Go team me!

Anyway prop 8 was disgraceful. USA lost a load of brownie points when that happened. Specially over here in England. We were like...WTF...

I can't say I'm not offended by what has been said because I so was but hey what can you do. There will always be those types of people who hate or 'disagree' for the sake of it and then have the balls to blame it on God.

Next time stand up for your own actions and thoughts and not take the easy way out of shouting jesus.

KKTHANXBAI.

Violent Posture

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 am
Violent Posture
I know this thread is ages old but I came in here and nearly fell over XD
I'm gay.
And....yet I dont feel...I dont feel..WRONG.
Go team me!

Anyway prop 8 was disgraceful. USA lost a load of brownie points when that happened. Specially over here in England. We were like...WTF...

I can't say I'm not offended by what has been said because I so was but hey what can you do. There will always be those types of people who hate or 'disagree' for the sake of it and then have the balls to blame it on God.

Next time stand up for your own actions and thoughts and not take the easy way out of shouting jesus.

KKTHANXBAI.

Yes, I don't believe the God I know would be so prejudice and hateful. Oh well, some people are stuck in the prude conservative times.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff