Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LibraryFairy11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:36 pm
reguarly it was christmas last year a couple months after my 13 b-day  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:52 pm
well i started wearing it regularly a little after my 12th b-day (im 13 now) but i only wear the basics like eyeshadow,powder,eyeliner, and mascara  

Gir_Gaz_Shnooky

2,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

iiSexYhuUp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:02 pm
Well, I'm 11 and I'm already wearing make-up.
But I guess that the make-up doesn't help because people still believe I'm this major fat cow.
But, whatever, they can go suck eggs for all I care.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:33 am
i started wearing it at 12 myself but i never went over board...i just neutral colored eye shadows and mascara and eyeliner and that's it...

sadly, being 22 now...its still the same. But every now then its good to have fun with it.

But as little sister has started wearing make-up already...let her know that she it beautiful the way she is and that let her know start very neutral. But they'll see what OTHER girls are wearing and wanting to be them. I'd say,"You arent the other girls. you are you and make that count. You are one in a million." Even ask her why does she feel the need to start wearing make-up? a boy maybe? Hey we all have been there! LOL. But if you two are close, there shouldn't be a problem talking about it. I mean I have a little sister myself who's 8 years younger than me...I feel your concerns for her.

Good luck though. Any questions? just ask Panda! ^^  

Panda Onigiri

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Ilyasviel16

Liberal Sophomore

5,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 am
Well, I haven't really started to wear it regularly since, in one way, I kinda hate it... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 am
Panda Onigiri
i started wearing it at 12 myself but i never went over board...i just neutral colored eye shadows and mascara and eyeliner and that's it...

sadly, being 22 now...its still the same. But every now then its good to have fun with it.

But as little sister has started wearing make-up already...let her know that she it beautiful the way she is and that let her know start very neutral. But they'll see what OTHER girls are wearing and wanting to be them. I'd say,"You arent the other girls. you are you and make that count. You are one in a million." Even ask her why does she feel the need to start wearing make-up? a boy maybe? Hey we all have been there! LOL. But if you two are close, there shouldn't be a problem talking about it. I mean I have a little sister myself who's 8 years younger than me...I feel your concerns for her.

Good luck though. Any questions? just ask Panda! ^^
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

Pretty much what she said, I have a sister 9 years younger than me, so I know what it's like when they ask you things like that sweatdrop (She's 11 now)
She doesn't like wearing make-up too often because at her age, she knows you shouldn't have to, she sees all the other girls in her class carrying leather purses, soaked in perfume and wearing 10lbs of make-up and thinks to herself "Oh god...what are they thinking...?!"
If she wants to wear make-up, show her how to do it properly and only use neutral colours, and maybe only eyeshadow and lipgloss or something like that. That's what I do for my sister whenever she feels like wearing a little bit of make-up.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Meridyth Mayhem

5,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:12 pm
I was 12 when I started wearing make-up. It actually depends on what she wants to wear, I just wear and stated wearing powder, mascara, and lip-gloss and that's it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm
ROFL!!! I'm in beauty pagents so I started wearing it regularly at 10! She is fine!! Dont be so overprotective girl!!!  

DaisyHeadCasey

oxMissLovettxo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:49 pm
i started around 13ish but i kept it very natural looking
i still only use eyeliner and mascara

heart heart heart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 pm
I just started wearing makeup to school this year (I'm almost 15) so I guess if she likes to wear it its ok  

inky6

nightmare_death_witch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:56 pm
I don't wear makeup unless I'm forced to or it goes with the outfit that I will be wearing at a gathering. Makeup just...hides who you are. She should wait until she's a teenager, I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 pm
Easing in is definitely a good idea. There's not really a set age limit--I mean, we all played dress up and asked for a little of Mommy's lipstick when we were five, right? Just make sure your sister isn't making up her face like a courtesan, and you should be fine.  

Tjix

AirTVfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:40 am
I'd say it's fine. At least it's not like that time when I was in elementary school and I saw a third grader wearing make up. gonk

I wore make up mostly for parties and band concerts around that age. Even then, I really didn't start until I was thirteen. I still don't wear a lot of make up. I only put eyeliner and lip gloss on when I either have to go to a party, concert, or if I just feel like it.

So yeah, just tell her not to go overboard.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 pm
User Image

I started wearing makeup around ten-ish.
It's not that big of a deal as long as she doesn't cake it on to where she looks like a Bratz Doll.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Pretty sure I posted in here before, but I was 13 when I started wearing it, and even then all it was was pink eyeshadow, some mascara and a bit of lipgloss.
Now I wear a darker shimmery purple eyeshadow, black eyeliner (only on the bottom eyelid) and lengthening mascara. Oh, I also wear bright red lipstick, but I have an olive skin tone and dark hair, so it looks pretty cool :3

But yeah, I wouldn't let her wear too much. My sister's 12 so she's wanting to get into it and I'm just giving her some of my eyeshadows and lipglosses. I didn't argue it or anything, I just said "You're still a little young to wear all that other stuff, but I'll give you this for now and when you turn 15 I'll take you out and we can get some more stuff, like mascara and whatnot."
She's as happy as a clam : D

You just have to teach her to use it in a way that makes her features stand out. My sister and I ended up with perfect shaped lips and eyes, so I use eyeliner to define it and I wear the red lipstick because it shows the perfect curve and fullness of my lips (:
(Sorry, a little vain here D': )

User ImageUser Image
...so she told me to be the fool with a dream...

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff