Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gimpaa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:27 pm
The little hoes who hang on every one and try to find an excuse to kiss every guy cause she thinks she is sexy.

Or the guys who think they can get any girl he wants cause he thinks he looks like cloud or ichigo....  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:23 pm
I absolutely hate it when someone cross dresses between many characters, like once I seen this Bleah cosplayer using a naruto head band. Other people have seen this too, and I know what they mean.  

Lady Raincorn-chan

Fashionable Genius

4,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Best Painted Lullaby

4,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:49 am
Bad Cosplays:like really people who cosplay by putting on a naruto head band and putting a bandana over there face and calling the selves "kakashi". its really annoying cause then they photo bomb good group cosplays by not cosplaying!!!
lines for peple who dident pre register: so i know this isent my fault, i always no to pre reg but my friend dident, so i had to wait in line with her for over 5 hours! just to get in the doors, not to metion this is august. it sucked and by the time we got in side no one was in the pre reg line so i just went up and got my badge and waited in line some more.
People who cosplay as non anime charactors!!!!:
i mean seriously people if your gonna cosplay, cos play as an anime/game charactor!!!!! dont cosplay as the cullens, harry ptter, jack sparrow or anything alone those lines cause it dosent make sence at an ANIME convetion!
People who go to convetion, even though they dont like what the convention is about: you know those people that just come to hang out even though they have no idea what anime even is? its really annoying cause they always complain or ask to many questions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:08 am
I dunno. Having a Jack Sparrow stand next to a Pikachu can be pretty funny.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

faelixir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:48 pm
Before I go into my stuff, I'd just like to say I can't really say anything about Harry Potter/Cullens/etc. cosplayers...I've only been to one con, but it was very excepting of all fanbases, not just anime or Sci-Fi (Dragon*Con for those interested). It's just my opinion, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing a Jack Sparrow every now and then, but if the con is purely anime based...a costume change may be in order. Now onto my stuff:

-Honey, if you're a girl...please dress like a girl or find some really good bonding material. I may have not seen a lot in person, but I see cosplay photos via the interwebs of this kinda thing. It's kinda sad when Ash Ketchum or Roxas gains DoubleD's. Not to be getting down on anyone with a big chest (believe me, I feel your pain), but the complete lack of trying to do anything about it is what gets me.

-The lines in the Dealer's Rooms! For the love of crap, the line was never-ending!...in every dealer's room I went into! It reminded me of that old game called 'Snake' or whatever where everytime you eat an apple, the snake gets bigger and bigger, and you have to try to keep him from bumping into the walls and barriers...yeah. People were pushing too, so that didn't help. I had to walk around the whole place at least twice before I even got a sliver of an idea what each table held. Ugh.

-Personally, 'bad' cosplaying doesn't really tick me off too much...I mean, yeah, the kid in the headband with the anime tee kinda gets on your nerves for awhile, but some people just like to dress up. And like me, they may not have had enough money or materials to complete their costumes and that's fine with me. The one thing I do hate are people that think their cosplays are so fab, they can just run up and join in on anybody's group picture just because they're from the same fandom.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 pm
Crazy Weeaboos; you know who they are. They drive me nuts! I mean, either cosplay or don't. Don't just slap on a Narufag headband & an anime tee & go around speaking like you know Japanese & adding '-chan' or '-kun' to the end of everyone's name. I, for one, actually know a little bit of Japanese, and when you just start making up words that 'sound' Japanese doesn't make them truly Japanese or those kids that "nya" or "dattebayo" all the time because it was in their anime. Just all that stuff. Just irks me.

People who ruin their cosplays; no, I don't mean, "I accidentally spilled something on my shirt" kinda thing. I mean those cosplayers who go around sporting the collars & ears & leashes that don't go with their characters. I mean, yeah, it's cool if you get them, just, if it doesn't go with your cosplay, don't wear it... no one'll want to photograph you, really. Just be weary...

Touchy-Feely, Get-In-Your-Face Kids / Rabid Fans; by this, I mean those kids that go around and 'glomp' people, often causing a lot of chaos. I mean, it's cool that you want a hug because they're your favourite character of all time, but that doesn't mean you need to attack them! Just ask nicely; they might actually give you a hug, dude. Also... Molestomobiles; everyone knows there are some really perverted guys & girl out there, just like the touchy-feeling kids. Again, it's cool that they're cute or something, but don't molest them by groping them! That's just not cool! Especially if that makes you a *****. We understand there are ***** out there, but, seriously! Back off and stop groping me!

Memes; okay, /b/tards are fine, I don't care. But it's those kids that constantly want to Carmelldansen or Lucky Star dance to everything at any time. I mean, yeah, it's okay, but not like every five minutes. And, please, no one cares if they 'lose the game.' I mean, yeah, it's funny every once in a while, but, really? Like at least a 3-hour rule or something. This includes the 'free hugs' thing & the 'will yaoi/yuri for yaoi/yuri' signs. I mean, I support yaoi/yuri, but no... just no.

Body Cosplay, OCC Cosplays & Half-Assed Cosplays; this isn't what it sounds like. I mean, not to be mean or horribly rude to anyone, but, please, you have a body type. If you don't fit the character so well, then maybe you just shouldn't do it...
I mean, don't be SOOOO in character that you kill everything because you're Itachi, but try to be a little in character sometimes. Just a little. I'm sure you all know what I mean. Everyone can have their fangirl/boy moments, that's cool! But if you're cosplaying them, act like them a little.
Oh, and it's cool if you want to cosplay! Just put some effort into it. I dont' wanna see the costume you made out of cardboard & felt the night before.

People who stand in narrow hallways; please. It's just like at school. Move out of our way or forced to be moved.

Don't even get me started on Narutards.

If I think of more, I'll complain more. xD
Gosh, I'll probably end up attacking like half the cosplays by that point...

One Creative Username

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:23 pm
Esaka-chan, you are my new bffl~ <3
Lmao, everything you said sounds exactly like me and my earlier rants >XDDDDD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:29 pm
*gives Esaka-chan TWo thumbs up*
took the words right out of my mouth  

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:50 am
DRAMA!!! Nuff said...

But to abound a bit more, last sunday at a Mini Con, one of the regular congoers got into a fist fight, and now his whole group is getting violent, and there's a big con coming up in three days. And let's just say that anyone who is not part of their group, is their enemy... I can't wait to report here what goes on in the con...

Plus, three of them are the judges in the videogame category. So I am not gonna participate in the cosplay contest, and neither will a lot of people be. Simply because we know the only winners will be the people from their group.

And if anyone frequents 4chan, they are the ones that call themselves the Espadas, creating a bad name for Puertorrican cosplayers everywhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:34 am

This guy.
Every. Year.
Now, in England, we get a convension twice a year and it's incredibly crowded and sticky without this guy making life even more difficult.

Long queues, sweaty people and Narutards. Everything else I can pretty much stand.
(:

Chz

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:31 pm
Dementia DarkMoon
I have serious beef with the people who half a** their cosplays. If you care about a character enough to want to dress up as them, show them some respect. I hate all the people who stick a Naruto headband on while wearing jeans and a Death Note shirt and call it cosplay.
-I also don't like the people who try to take your picture without asking you. Obviously, because I'm there, and in cosplay, I am anticipating being photographed. However, I'd rather that I was given some warning, so I could pose for you. Not random snapshots :I
-People who go to cons to meet 'pretty girls'. I had so many guys trying to grope me when they hugged me or kiss me or get my number at Sakuracon '09 it was terrible. If I wanted to get a date, I'd go to the Speed-Dating panel, thanks. stare
-CON FUNK. AWefjao;weihf Shower, people, SHOWER! Or at least, please wear deodorant! ;__;
-I understand that once apon a time, I was a Japanophile, but unless you are in middle school, you have no excuse to be screaming "KAWAII DESU NEEEE" or "BAKABAKABAKA". Ugh. No tolerance for that at all.
-Glomping without warning. I got flying-tackle glomped at SakuraCon '08, and ended up scraping my elbow, and it bled. That sucked.
-People who don't cosplay something that is right for their body shape. Don't get me wrong, there are characters of all shapes and sizes, but no one wants to see a 300 pound Sakura Haruno chasing after a tiny Sasuke :/ Cosplay what fits you, don't try to squeeze into something that clearly isn't right for you.

... I sound so mean ;___;

That's sounds completely horrible when guys try to do crap like that. If that happens, I believe the right of self-defense...BY KICKING THEIR a**!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:15 pm
      -thumbs up back to Lord Griff-
      Thank you~

Woo! xDDD
      Insta-biffle with Salsa!
      It's because it's all stuff that goes down at every con. I mean, I'm sure everyone has their own weeaboo side, but it's over-board right thar.
      Why, yes, I would call it a rant. >xD

Also!
      I agree with SakuraRico. The biased judges thing isn't cool at all either, along with drama. But, either way, I'd love to hear how that fight goes~! o3o

Another few things that bother me! xD;
      The staff of the hotels. I mean, some do help up, but the others just hate putting up with us. I can understand those obnoxious cosplayers that bother everyone, but that doesn't mean everyone is bad... ;w;
      And the conceited cosplayers. I mean, sure, you can be a little conceited, your costume probably is really awesome! But that doesn't mean you can go around asking people if they want to take your shot. And if they aren't photographed, they complain. Lyk, rly? xD;;
      Waiting for the elevators. Really, enough said. They're almost always full (I end up taking the stairs).

One Creative Username

WildSpice

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:03 pm
-Otafunk (please take a shower! PLEASE!! You won't miss anything, take 5 minutes to go back to your room and SHOWER!! Don't make me get Foamy the Squirrel to tell you to do it, LOL).
-Stuck up people (in general I don't like people who think they are better then everyone else. WE'RE ALL PEOPLE. We're all at the con to have fun, so please stop being snooty when someone compliments you on a costume or wants a picture or asks about your costume).
-Fangirls stressed (I'm sorry...running around screaming OMFG111ELEVEN!! or "OMG WE LOVE YOU *insert voice actor name here* is annoying, especially if you're in a panel trying to listen to what the person is saying. It's also rude to scream like that when someone's talking stressed )
-Congregating in a walkaway (please move against a wall or out of the walkway, people need to walk by and we can't if 20 of you are mobbing in the middle of a hallway).

Quote:
I have serious beef with the people who half a** their cosplays. If you care about a character enough to want to dress up as them, show them some respect. I hate all the people who stick a Naruto headband on while wearing jeans and a Death Note shirt and call it cosplay.

I also agree with this. I used to cosplay and this would bother me. Also Hot Topic is NOT cosplay.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm
I would have to agree with other people about wearing a costume that FITS your body.
There was this one girl I saw who dressed up as Bleach character whose mouth is cover by the top but revealed the bottom of the breasts, stomach and some of her thigh, well...this cosplayer was shy about her body but sadly she did not have the right body for it. eek It's fine to be proud of your body but revealing some of your fat (sorry to be mean) is not attractive at all. "Muffin top" is not attractive on anyone, even for me, but anything beyond that is a BIG NO-NO! Oh good lord! Please cover yourself! Plus how can ANYONE dress up as that character anyway?!

Photos - I don't mind people not bother to ask me to take my picture. It mostly happens when someone actually asks and then everybody jumps in in order to get a free shoot.

Half-a** cosplays? Eh, I agree that people are lazy if they are calling themselves some character or something and not be fully in costume. Some of them just don't have the money get the costumes.

Fangirls - Oh good lord, we could go on and on about this topic. It's like being around screaming tweens. Bah!
Hallway Blockers - I just normally hate this anywhere. People just don't give a damn or just airheads with no clue that they are blocking the way. Dumbasses.

As for other peeves, I have never come across 'Otafunk' (thank goodness), random glomp, being hit by a paddle (oh HELL no!) or free hugs (um...odd).

But I can tell you now what's starting to get on my nerves - Those stupid cats ears and other cat stuff! IT'S EVERYWHERE! And no, you're not cute in anyway when you wear those and try to act like a cute cat! STAY IN YOUR CHARACTER PLEASE! And be a little bit more original and not just another cat clone. Thank you.  

LovelyLadyAurora

WildSpice

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 am
LovelyLadyAurora

Half-a** cosplays? Eh, I agree that people are lazy if they are calling themselves some character or something and not be fully in costume. Some of them just don't have the money get the costumes.

Fangirls - Oh good lord, we could go on and on about this topic. It's like being around screaming tweens. Bah!
Hallway Blockers - I just normally hate this anywhere. People just don't give a damn or just airheads with no clue that they are blocking the way. Dumbasses.

But I can tell you now what's starting to get on my nerves - Those stupid cats ears and other cat stuff! IT'S EVERYWHERE! And no, you're cute in anyway when you wear those and try to act like a cute cat! STAY IN YOUR CHARACTER PLEASE! And be a little bit more original and not just another cat clone. Thank you.

I understand if they don't have the money to get the costume but I mean if they just do it to do it so they can be "ZOMGNINJA!!", run around with no self control, or ac tually believe they are the character then that's what I mean by half a**ed cosplay XD;;.

I also agree with the cat ears and such, catgirls running around the convention meowing and just not acting like themselves....it's creepy
stressed .  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces