Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Chatty Kathy's Bar & Grill ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 185 186 187 188 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lake Should Be
  Green Lake
  Lake Sapphire
  Lake Apple Blossom
  Groom Lake
  Lake Licentious
  The Lakers (For Real?)
  Luscious Lake
  Virgin Lake
  Lake Crystal Hollow
  Wants more options
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 am
yes... farm fresh foods are pretty awesome. Especially milk. My spouse and I have driven a bit out of the way to get non-homogenized milk from a farm in the area. We later discovered we could get it at one of the organic stores much closer to home, though. If it was up to me, we would be getting that all the time, but my spouse has been getting fat free milk instead stare

Homemade applesauce? Tes wants gonk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 am
Before I moved I was good friends with a gal that owned a fruit farm, she would always trade me for all kinds of berries and tasty fruits. There is nothing like fresh picked sugar plums!! I have a hard time eating anything like that from the store - it just isn't the same sweatdrop  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 am
lady ayami chan
ohh that sounds like fun!
is this a trip you take with your child/children?
do you get to pick the apples yourself?

Yes, I make the trip every year. We live about 3 or 4 blocks from an orchard. You can choose to either pick your own apples or just go to the bins they have set up and bag your own there. I have 3 boys and they help me out. wink They have all sorts of apple things (pastries, cookies, strudel, pie, cider, etc.) and I get the boys a treat if they help me. I make a huge batch of applesauce every year and sliced apples for canning. That way I can bake all sorts of things all year for my boys. I make on heck of an apple pie. xd My kids now hate "store bought" applesauce, jelly, jam, pie and the list goes on.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:18 am
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving so I have an excuse to made a pumpkin pie from an actual pie pumpkin! It is one of my favorite things to do. 3nodding  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:19 am
*now has the sudden urge for homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream, hot apple turnover and apple jelly with warm crossiants* scream Thanks alot PSYZAPP!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:21 am
lady ayami chan
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving so I have an excuse to made a pumpkin pie from an actual pie pumpkin! It is one of my favorite things to do. 3nodding

Do you have a good recipe for making pumpkin pie using an actual pie pumpkin? I'd love to try that.  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:23 am
*eye twitch* Psyzapp.... makes..... pastries...? Apple turnovers.... *twitch*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:24 am
oh i do! not sure if I can find it at work though...
I'll look for it tonight at home - I know it for the most part by memory but I'll get the real one for ya!

^_~  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:30 am
*what luck!*
I found the recipe that I "base" mine off of.
do you want me to pm you with it or send it out right here so make everyone hungry? blaugh
I go a bit crazy with this one but it is by far my favorite.
^_^
you need the crust recipe too?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:34 am
lady ayami chan
*what luck!*
do you want me to pm you with it or send it out right here so make everyone hungry? blaugh
^_^

Sure, you can include the crust if you want, but I have a pie crust that can't be beat. All others have paled in comparison. wink Your choice, you can PM me or post it here for all to drool. rofl

@ TES: Yes TES…I make pastries…darn good pastries. twisted  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:35 am
PUMPKIN PIE!! scream

*cough* I mean... *looks down sheepishly* I... I would also like the recipe...

You... you don't happen to make apple turnovers, do you Psyzapp?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:39 am
Psyzapp
lady ayami chan
*what luck!*
^_^

Sure, you can include the crust if you want, but I have a pie crust that can't be beat. All others have paled in comparison. wink Your choice, you can PM me or post it here for all to drool. rofl

@ TES: Yes TES…I make pastries…darn good pastries. twisted

hahah - i'll spare you the crust then!
or maybe you can send me your recipe??..
I'm a big baker/pastry maker too - just soo much fun.

okay pumpkin first.
rule of pie pumpkin is usually about a pie pumpkin to a pie.:

To use fresh pumpkin, preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Wash, and halve pie pumpkin(s). Scoop out seeds. Place pumpkin halves cut side down in baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until pumpkins are soft to the touch. Remove from oven, and let cool. Scrape out pumpkin meat, and puree in food processor or blender. (This can be done several weeks in advance and the puree stored in the freezer.)  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

HavenneShadow

Adorable Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:47 am
*cat emerges from lurkage in shadows*

mmmmm, pie.....
I don't make pie from canned pumpkin any more, only from the squash (sometimes I'll use some other sort of solid, orange, sweet squash). I have found that the home-cooked is wetter than the canned so you decrease some other liquid in the recipe.

I make a pie with wine in it. . . and more spices.

okay, that does it, need more lunch.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 am
@ Lady Chan: So you make prepare pumpkin just like acorn squash…I see. I would be happy to share my pie crust recipe with you. I'll dig it out today and PM you. ninja

@ Havenne: That sounds interesting. I've never made pie out of squash.  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 am
so this recipe is unique because it calls for ice cream... I never use ice cream from the store I always make my own ice cream in my ice cream maker. I usually will make a vanilla ice cream in the same about as they call for. The important thing is not to make/use low fat or skim creams - In my opinion the more "whole" the cream the better - I like fresh made ice cream because the consistency is perfect. but the ingredients for one pie are:
* 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
if you use store bought just wait till you can easily stir - like soft serve constancy
* 1-1/2 eggs
* 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
I almost always use more than this depending on my pumpkin... I'll use the whole of the pumpkin
the recipe here calls for 1/4 cup sugar... but i am not a big sugar eater... i usually leave it out i find i like the rich pumpkin flavor better plus the ice cream already has sugar... rolleyes
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
of course just spice to taste - i sometimes add bee pollen to this... it is a weird "herb" but it taste good if you don't have allergies to it rofl
* 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 185 186 187 188 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces