Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:29 am
Pelloth rolled his eyes, "No, dead-man, we wait here while those more physically able climb the walls and flush anyone out to us to mop up."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 am
"I'd rather not bore myself waiting for them to 'flush out' the whole blasted building," he remarked, undeterred.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:17 am
"Chances are that you won't be waiting long, if I know Cain as well as I think I do. And, it also probably wouldn't be the whole keep being flushed out, if I know Cain and Hars as well as I think I do."

Grashuk was playing with the idea of staying down with the spellcasters. If the plan worked they way he had laid it out, then they would need someone to stand behind to take the hits for them. Daelos would probably go with Cain and Hars, but there was a chance of the Elf and the Kenku settling their dispute from earlier, which might make things a little hairier than the Bugbear liked.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:12 am
---1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13-14-15-16-17-18-19---
A-K--K--------------------------------------------B--I---G---K--E---E---P--A
B-E--E--------------------------------------------B--------------Te------P--B
C-E--D--------------------------------------------B------G-Ta-----------P--C
D-E--D--------------------------------------------D--------------Te------P--D
E-E--E---------------------------------------------D----------------------P--E
F-P--P----------------Ge-------------------------B-----------------------P--F
G--------------------------------------------------B-----------------------P--G
H--------------------------------------------------B--I---G---K--E---E---P--H
I-------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
J----Gr-D---------------------------------------------------------------------J
K-------P---H-----------------------------------------------------------------K
L-----------C------------------------------------------------------------------L
M------------------------------------------------------------------------------M
N------------------------------------------------------------------------------N
---1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13-14-15-16-17-18-19---

((Ok, so there is a bit of a map. Pretty self explanatory really. Ask if you need any clarification. The DD on the big keep are the doors, but they are a bit destroyed and can be pretty much walked through. I may take them away actually...Obviously the keep on the left is the small one built into the mountain side. The doors are closed))

As Gerash heads towards the big keep, ignoring protests from his dark friend, he stops in his tracks when he sees someone inside. Through the broken door, you can see lots of rubble and the makings of some sort of camp. A few tents are set up, as well as a table which is where the guard you can see is sitting. He is wearing purple armour and has a longsword and shield on his back. You know that if he turned around he would see you standing there.

The walls of the large keep look pretty easy to climb, due to their ruined nature. And you have little doubt that there would be an opening on the top of the 50 foot high keep to allow sneaky access.

((Now, if Gerash starts a fight then everyone roll initiative and we can go into a combat situation. But if he doesn't, feel free to be in exploration mode for a while longer. Make athletics checks, stealth checks and the like if you need to))  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 am
Gerash looks over his shoulder to the others, and using ghost sound to avoid outright shouting he informs them, "Found one." He jerks his head to signal the others to either join him now or watch him storm the keep himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:30 am
Cain had once more spent the last few minutes not listening to anyone. He had spent the entire journey in silence, listening to his Lord's plan. His Lord had been watching, and was displeased with the Elf's actions. Over the course of their trek, He had offered Cain His advice. When the time was right, He would give Cain an opportunity to get his own back. Cain wanted nothing more than to stab at the Elf's hands as the pitiful piece of s**t hung off the mountain, but The Elder Element Eye told him to wait. It was not the time. For one thing they still needed his help. Though his Lord told him, when the time was right, Cain would know.

Suddenly he was interrupted from his Lord's repetition of the plan by the Wizard. He was over by the door looking into the old keep, yet his voice sounded like he was stood next to him. Some form of magic no doubt, it didn't matter to Cain. Though what did matter was that the Wizard was over there in plain view of the men when he was stood all the way back.

"Why don't we just climb over the walls and surprise them?" Cain suggested simply, shocked no one else had thought of it. His team mates were good fighters, but they clearly lacked Cain's strategical expertise. Without waiting for an answer he walked forward casually towards the keep.

[[Double move forward to I16]]  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:07 am
Hars walks over to join Cain at the wall. "Grashuk said that. Pay attention."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 am
"You know, instead of waiting for them to get flushed out, we could synchronize an attack from the front at the same time as the one from above. That way, there would be a greater chance of them panicking and not recovering in time to mount a counterattack."

Instead of waiting for a response from the others, Grashuk drew his sword and strapped on his shield. He strode forward, to stand next to Gerash. "I suggest we get out of there line of sight for a few moments, while Hars and Cain get into position."

((Hm, I suppose that throwing Gerash out of sight, should he be unwilling, would be an Athletics vs. Reflex, wouldn't it? Maybe Fortitude if he didn't want to avoid my grab...))  

iDragow

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 am
As the others join the wizard, Gerash will step out of line of sight to the doorway. He's willing to wait so long as the others aren;t going to debate the best method of killing off a bunch of stupid soldiers.

((move 2 sw, 3 w.))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:20 pm
Hars grabs a handhold and starts scaling the wall.
((Athletics @28 ))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:32 am
Cain saw Hars start to climb, and immediately began to follow, climbing with great speed. When he was at the top, he crouched down low to avoid being seen as he pulled a dagger out of his boot.

[[Athletics=26+boots of spider climb [don't half your speed when you make an athletics check to climb], Stealth=32]]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:07 am
---1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14--15--16--17--18--19---
A-K--K--------------------------------------------B----I---G----K---E-----E---P--A
B-E--E--------------------------------------------B------------------Te--------P--B
C-E--D--------------------------------------------B--------G---Ta-------------P--C
D-E--D--------------------------------------------D------------------Te-------P--D
E-E--E---------------------------------------------D----------------------------P--E
F-P--P---------------------------------------------B-----------------------------P--F
G-------------------------Gr------------------D---B-----------------------------P--G
H----Ge-------------------------------------------B----I---H----C---E-----E---P--H
I---------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
J---------------------------------------------------------------------------------J
K--------P-----------------------------------------------------------------------K
L---------------------------------------------------------------------------------L
M--------------------------------------------------------------------------------M
N--------------------------------------------------------------------------------N
---1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14--15--16--17--18--19----

Hars and Cain scaled the walls very efficiently, making it up in no time. Although Cain got to the top first...obviously. When he got there, the Kenku crouched down low and awaited his doppelganger friend. At the top he could see large holes in the roof of the keep. The wood has been eroded away and destroyed, and the largest opening is near the centre. (A 2 by 2 square C16 to D17) He was mindful though, because the drop would be about fifty foot, and that may hurt; although, the tent was directly below him. Maybe there would be a soft human to cushion his fall...then again, there may not.

As Gerash moved back to stand with the other spellcaster, Daelos walked forward stealthily until he was near the broken door. He looked at Grashuk as if to say, if you stand there won't they see you? Although maybe that is part of the bugbears plan.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

iDragow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:56 pm
With Gerash out of sight, there was no reason for the Bugbear to remain where he was. Quickly moving to the other side of the doors from Daelos, he held his blade ready. If he heard anything from within the building, he would bash down the door and charge in swinging.

Quote:
Move Action: 5 squares NE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:00 pm
"I'll tie a rope up here." Hars whispers tersely to the kenku. Hars looks about for a place to tie his rope.
((Perception @ 5))
Hars can't see s**t up here.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:04 am
"I don't need a rope." Cain whispered back menacingly. He was insulted by the mere motion. It was only 50'. Even if it was 1000', what would a bird do with rope? He held the blade of his knife with his fingers, preparing to throw it when the time was right.

[[Prepare action to throw knife at Te at D18.]]  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces