Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
About being pro-life or pro-choice... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now, are you pro-life or pro-choice?
  Pro-life [if so, I want to see what happens if you get impregnated as a result of rape]
  Pro-choice [I agree.]
View Results

Azusanga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:58 pm
Rei Uchikino
Does anyone know anything about anti-abortion violence? That's something that hasn't been brought up yet. I find it rather ironic that these people who value life would choose to hurt people for their cause. I also think that it's rather ironic that these people would murder doctors who provide abortions. How can they justify murder as a punishment for "murder"? They need to practice what they preach, I think.

Reminds me of PETA owo they are on the FBI's suspected terrorist organization for blowing up testing facilities.

I'm not into abortion that much, but if I found out that my futre child would be a PETA 'slave' in it's future years, I would abort it before my husband find out I'm pregnant.

Like hell I'm raising someone who supports those asses.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:00 pm
I need to elaborate on when I said "Adoption is one of the worst things a person can do."

Unless it's because the child could have a better life, or if it is an open adoption, I don't mind. But if it's because you simply don't want the child, then... screw you.

I should have more to say but unfortunately I don't. Wait, that was a lie.

WHY GIVE THE BABY AWAY IF YOU HAD THE CHOICE NOT TO HAVE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?  

Lieutenant Shotgun

On Your Six

Enduring Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun

Abortion clinics aren't always nearby and parents aren't always willing to sign the consent forms or drive you. But I guess that only covers minors, doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:08 pm
On Your Six
Lieutenant Shotgun

Abortion clinics aren't always nearby and parents aren't always willing to sign the consent forms or drive you. But I guess that only covers minors, doesn't it?

Ah, good point. And you can only get an abortion during the first trimester, right? I don't remember how long that is...  

Lieutenant Shotgun

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:15 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
On Your Six
Lieutenant Shotgun

Ah, good point. And you can only get an abortion during the first trimester, right? I don't remember how long that is...

First (3?) month(s).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun

Most places you can get an abortion up to 6 months (second trimester; after this, the child is viable outside the womb and is in the third trimester). There are different types of abortions depending on the time as well.

First trimester is 3 months. You probably won't notice a woman is pregnant during the first three months.  

On Your Six

Enduring Soldier

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:23 pm
On Your Six
Lieutenant Shotgun

Most places you can get an abortion up to 6 months (second trimester; after this, the child is viable outside the womb and is in the third trimester). There are different types of abortions depending on the time as well.

First trimester is 3 months. You probably won't notice a woman is pregnant during the first three months.

Oooh! Thanks.

And, come to think of it, I know nothing of abortion clinics in my area, and I live in the biggest city in Minnesota. (In the oldest neighborhood, too ;D)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:15 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
And, come to think of it, I know nothing of abortion clinics in my area, and I live in the biggest city in Minnesota. (In the oldest neighborhood, too ;D)

I adore google

You have at least seven. And you live in a LARGE city. I remember people coming to me when I lived down south in Redneckville and going "Where's the nearest abortion clinic?" in a whisper.

Ah...about 2.5 hours east or west. Take your pic.  

On Your Six

Enduring Soldier

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm
Kimmy_is_awesome
So is abortion murder when you're less than six months into pregnancy and know that there are cells dividing in your uterus that will create a baby? The cells don't even think, they just divide to create a baby. How can getting an abortion from an unifnished human being be murder. They've never lived, they have no memories, thoughts or intellengece. They're just there. :/ I don't get how getting an abortion to somethign that is just a lump of human cells murder. Someonemind explaining this part to me?

I agree with you.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:26 pm
Zephyrkitty
Candy Flavored Kittens

And I agree, even if abortion was illegal and I got knocked up, I'd probably find a way to either miscarriage or abort it myself.

Going on a tangent related to this...

One of the things that I don't get about the pro-life side is that they act like making abortion illegal will mean that it will stop happening. People have found ways to cause abortions since women could get pregnant, but self-induced or back-alley abortions can be really dangerous for the mother. A lot of the older abortion doctors chose the profession because they'd seen women brought in to hospitals because of an illegal abortion.

Mord, I saw your response to my post, but I don't have time to respond to it right now. I'll get to it later tonight.

*thumbs up* get to it when ever you can. I won't rush you.  

Matron Mord Sith

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:32 pm
On Your Six
Lieutenant Shotgun

I adore google

You have at least seven. And you live in a LARGE city. I remember people coming to me when I lived down south in Redneckville and going "Where's the nearest abortion clinic?" in a whisper.

Ah...about 2.5 hours east or west. Take your pic.

XD Nice.

Minneapolis isn't that big in comparison to others, but it's the largest in MN, so that counts or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:03 pm
Zephyrkitty
Rei Uchikino
I am your Mord Sith
Rei Uchikino
Does anyone know anything about anti-abortion violence? That's something that hasn't been brought up yet. I find it rather ironic that these people who value life would choose to hurt people for their cause. I also think that it's rather ironic that these people would murder doctors who provide abortions. How can they justify murder as a punishment for "murder"? They need to practice what they preach, I think.

Yeah, I noticed that. It really bothers me.

Me too. Their logic really doesn't make sense to me. Even if I was pro-life I would have enough sense to think, "Hmm, I value life. So instead of using violence I think I'll stick to peaceful protesting." You know?

The best reasoning I've been able to come up with is that killing an abortion doctor saves the lives of thousands of fetuses that the doctor would otherwise abort.

Yeah, I thought of this, too. It still doesn't make much sense, though. You can't justify murder as punishment for what they consider as murder. Know what I mean? Plus, I thought that they were supposed to value life. By killing someone, wouldn't that go against their morals and principles?  

Rei Uchikino

On Your Six

Enduring Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:34 pm
Rei Uchikino
Plus, I thought that they were supposed to value life. By killing someone, wouldn't that go against their morals and principles?

It essentially comes down to, "Two wrongs don't make a right"

But three lefts do.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 am
I am pro-choice. 3nodding
Aborting isn't really killing, because the baby has no memory and can't even survive on its own. If all babies were born, then the world would be filled with ladies who didn't really want their children, and then the children would be messed up. And the world would be even more overpopulated.
The mother is responsible for the baby so she should make her own choices.
Anyway, if I got pregnant with some baby I didn't want, I'd probably get it adopted.  

Citrus Hikaru

Romantic Fatcat

Letter-W

Shy Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 am
User Image
I'm pretty much neutral on this subject.
Personally, even if I was raped, I wouldn't be able to handle an abortion.
After reading up on the methods of said practice, I'd probably be emotionally scarred for life.
To me, once it's passed the Embryo stage, it's a human.
Life is delicate, once it's gone, it's never coming back.

Ω

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces