Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
What do you do when you see an insect in your house? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:14 pm
I talk to it. ;_; Once my best friend saw me talking to a bug and squashed it. I was like,"omg, why'd you do that?!" and she said, "Gurrrl. It was hypnotizing you."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 pm
If it is a fly,i freak out and lock myself in the bathroom
But if it is a roach or spider i get a shoe and squash it =w=

leetcream

Shy Regular

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 pm
It strongly depends on the insect. With spiders, I usually freak out and go get someone to kill it or take it outside for me. My brother's really sympathetic (toward the spiders) and always captures them in a cup and tosses them outside. My mom tends to hit them with shoes.

Some years ago, I was living at Lake Tahoe, and up there in the forest there were always so many spiders in our house. On occasion, I'd come across monstrously huge ones that would always seemingly appear out of nowhere. DX Scared the living daylights out of me.

There was this one time when my brother and I were hanging out in the same room; he was watching TV and I was falling asleep. I woke up some time later because he was trying to get me to move. When he turned on the light, I saw a black spider slowly lowering itself on a web directly above where my face had been. gonk
I swear, spiders know when you're afraid of them, and they always pick on the people they know they can scare! ><

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:31 pm
bugs I just let them be, Spiders....I scream and run like hell.  

Xx_Smexi_Dino_xX

Wheezing Fatcat

silverclaw499

Invisible Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:38 pm
Depends on the bug. But for some odd reason, i often find them on my ceiling which is like 13' in the air. gonk If they are within reach,
if its a fly, i just leave it alone.
If its a spider i smack it (with a shoe!) REALLY HARD.
Whenever i try to get my dog after the flies, she just sniffs them, doesn't even try Noming them like my old dog did.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:59 pm
as long as they don't bother me i am fine. but the minute that they crawl or fly near me?? it is getting squashed by any means necessary. cat_twisted  

Dirty Computer

Misfit

Rooney Faire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:00 pm
I don't mind them too much, any bug I can live with, either their easy to kill or they leave very soon.
Spiders I normally don't mind either... Unless I see them walking (I disgusting thing in my mind, I can't stand their walk) then I kill them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:22 am
I actually like Spiders. If they bother me, I take them outside, and save them from my friends' houses as well.

Usually the wasps I see that get in are by the doors. So, a little patience gets them out.

For peskier things {ants}, then my mom uses poison. I don't like it, but it's not like I can communicate with them "Stay outside and I'll leave crumbs for you."

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

mahou prince

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:20 am
I run and scream and try to hide. gonk I hate bugs! All kinds of bugs. >w<

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:31 pm
I have a strict no killing rule in my classroom. I teach 1st grade and they pick up on this rule rather quickly. On occasion it has been the first rule they have told a new student. lol

At my home I can't not enforce this rule because my husband hates bugs, especially spiders. If I am not there to catch and release the bug, my husband promptly squashes it.  

A Redhead Angel

Invisible Player

Cassie-chan_Rules

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm
Well it depends. If it's a bee I call whomever is around to come and take care of it for me. If it's a spider.. I watch my bf freak out and try to kill it while I sit there laughing. If i'm alone with a spider I try and let it outside, unless it's winter. Most other bugs I try to just get outside, unless it's an earwig. I scream bloody murder and grab whatever "weapon" I have to destroy the blasted thing. I trained my dog to eat them though.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 am
I scream and run QnQ  

chiiminto

Shy Flatterer

4,650 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

hiromi_C

Jolly Swapper

9,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:45 am
i squash all insects i see emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:52 am
There are only TWO bugs I cannot be around.

Cockroaches - I'm too afraid to be near it, I'll run away and let a cat scare it away.

Crickets (Jumping bugs in general) - Run away. Plain and simple.

All other bugs, it's like-- whatever. I like spiders, as long as they're not the
dangerous ones that could hurt my animals. In that case, bug is gonna get put
in a jar and thrown in the neighbor's yard.
(;

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm
To me, it truly depends on the type of bug. If it's something like a grasshopper, cricket, or something else that is relatively harmless I will try to catch it, which I agree is a tricky part >_< and let it go outside. Then, I go back inside and wash my hands good because I do not know if it had any form of pesticide on it or not. Either way, after touching an insect, it's best to wash hands anyway =P

If it's something pesky like a mosquito, ant, cockroach, centipede, spider, fly, etc. I'll squish it if I can and if not - I'll put down some boric acid so hopefully no more come in. Although, I'm so blessed to have pets because they've killed quite a few centipedes and other bugs that are poisonous or right out pests. They tend to hear them and see them before I do. Sometimes they start looking at the wall and get really noisy if they see a bug crawling on the wall that they can't reach. It's funny to watch, then you get over there and squish it and they're like, "Oh, what do I do now?" razz  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff