Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion, birth control (pill/shot), abstinence or adoption? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is the best/most realistic solution to teen pregnancy?
  abortion
  abstinence
  birth control
  adoption
View Results

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:28 pm
Soul of Aqua
Keimori2
Trauma or no trauma they're still killing an innocent baby! why should the child pay for the sins of the father? Adoption or Birth control should be the only options in such a case.

Look I feel sorry for any victim of rape, I really do, but killing an child, especially and unborn one REALLY knocks my opinion of that person down like a crumbling building no matter what the excuse is.
It's not a baby, it's a fetus/embryo. An unfeeling blob of cells. You are just as much killing a child as ejaculating and menstruation do at this point.

Also, what about abortion to save the life of the mother?
Would one value an undeveloped fetus over a ripe woman?

I serously would, no matter what!  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:31 pm
Princess Zelda21
Soul of Aqua
Keimori2
Trauma or no trauma they're still killing an innocent baby! why should the child pay for the sins of the father? Adoption or Birth control should be the only options in such a case.

Look I feel sorry for any victim of rape, I really do, but killing an child, especially and unborn one REALLY knocks my opinion of that person down like a crumbling building no matter what the excuse is.
It's not a baby, it's a fetus/embryo. An unfeeling blob of cells. You are just as much killing a child as ejaculating and menstruation do at this point.

Then would you kill yourself instead of killing of those eggs that you don't fertilise each month?  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!
Every day I deny thousands of possible childs the chance of life. Guess what? I don't care. They're better off dead. Because frankly, mental deficiencies can be passed on to your child. They're in general genetic. So giving a rapist's son a chance of life is taking the chance he will grow up as ******** up as dear daddy found in that dark alley that smells like piss and semen.

And a follow-up point is every unused egg that is shed every month by females who do not get pregnant. That's a potential child as well. How about all the fertilized eggs that for some unknown reason, don't attatch to the uterine wall and are then flushed out of the body? Is that murder, then too?
I think this unfertilized egg argument is quite spurious. Obviously unfertilized eggs do not spontaneously grow into babies and never had the potential to become a human being to begin with so I fail to see the logic of your argument.

Also miscarriages are often not the fault of the mother and occur without any action on her part so why would you even imply that somehow this is comparable to intentionally intervening in a pregnancy? Once again I fail to see the logic here.

EDIT: For that matter did anyone even claim that unfertilized eggs or miscarriages where somehow murder?  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 pm
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!
Every day I deny thousands of possible childs the chance of life. Guess what? I don't care. They're better off dead. Because frankly, mental deficiencies can be passed on to your child. They're in general genetic. So giving a rapist's son a chance of life is taking the chance he will grow up as ******** up as dear daddy found in that dark alley that smells like piss and semen.

And a follow-up point is every unused egg that is shed every month by females who do not get pregnant. That's a potential child as well. How about all the fertilized eggs that for some unknown reason, don't attatch to the uterine wall and are then flushed out of the body? Is that murder, then too?
I think this unfertilized egg argument is quite spurious. Obviously unfertilized eggs do not spontaneously grow into babies and never had the potential to become a human being to begin with so I fail to see the logic of your argument.

Also miscarriages are often not the fault of the mother and occur without any action on her part so why would you even imply that somehow this is comparable to intentionally intervening in a pregnancy? Once again I fail to see the logic here.
An unfertilised egg has the potential of life. If fertilised it grows into an embryo. It's killing off a potential child just like abortion is.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21

So?

I think this unfertilized egg argument is quite specious. Obviously unfertilized eggs do not spontaneously grow into babies and never had the potential to become a human being to begin with so I fail to see the logic of your argument.

On their own eggs don't have potential, neither do sperm on their own. Neither does a fetus on its own, as it requires a mother to make it grow. Time and opportunity can be considered to mean that if a woman isn't having sex from the very second she can reproduce to have a baby then the potential of both men and women is wasted. That'd be all fine and dandy if there were only a few thousand people in the world, but since there are several BILLION then the potential really doesn't mean much in the long run anymore, which is the same as saying a fetus really doesn't do much in the grand scheme of things either.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:39 pm
can of worms opened...

...can of worms running free

- just remember we all friends here & we all have different ideas and beliefs and values.

*huggs*

bunny xxx  

purply bunz

Jackalope2
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:40 pm
purply bunz
can of worms opened...

...can of worms running free

- just remember we all friends here & we all have different ideas and beliefs and values.

*huggs*

bunny xxx

Eh, I wouldn't call this a can of worms so much as Pandora's Box. Lots more Hell to break loose with that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:48 pm
Jackalope2
Guess what, bad things happen all the time. You cannot truly know how it would feel if you were raped until you are, and that's not something any person should have to go through. To put a possible take on the situation, you said "the baby shouldn't have to pay for the sins of the father." Some would say the baby IS the sin of the father and shouldn't exist because of that. In that case abortion could be seen as washing away that sin. I'd fully support it if there was a law requiring the father to pay for the abortion or any other related expenses, because with rape the woman obviously didn't want it and as such the responsibility falls on the father.
User Image

Agreed.
User Image  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Deppfan

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:58 pm
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21

So?

EDIT: For that matter did anyone even claim that unfertilized eggs or miscarriages where somehow murder?

I was exaggerating the point on purpose, to emphasize the opposing argument's flaws.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:59 pm
Soul of Aqua
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21

An unfertilised egg has the potential of life. If fertilised it grows into an embryo. It's killing off a potential child just like abortion is.
An unfertilized egg on it's own is not a potential child no matter how you attempt to rationalize it. It takes more than just an unfertilized egg and there is no logical basis to assume that an unfertilized egg and a fetus are somehow equal in value or even genetic material.  

Strideo
Crew

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:02 pm
Deppfan Teague
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21

I was exaggerating the point on purpose, to emphasize the opposing argument's flaws.
I think the problem here is that the opposing side doesn't believe that unfertilized eggs are murdered potential children anyways. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 pm
Strideo
Soul of Aqua
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21

An unfertilized egg on it's own is not a potential child no matter how you attempt to rationalize it. It takes more than just an unfertilized egg and there is no logical basis to assume that an unfertilized egg and a fetus are somehow equal in value or even genetic material.
Both need something to become a sentient being. An unfertilised egg can be fertilised, grow into a fetus and eventually a child. But it gets disposed of because (in general) the woman does not desire not to have a baby. She denies it its life. It's just earlier down the line than an embryo or fetus.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:11 pm
Princess Zelda21
Soul of Aqua
Keimori2

User Image

If you were completely inadequate to raise a child, and looking at the already slim chances of it being adopted, that would make you at fault for that child's sufferings. Abortion makes the child/fetus' "death" quick and painless; letting that child rot during its lifetime because you didn't take any action on your part is just plain irresponsible. I hear stories about parents being unprepared for parenthood and acting selfish all of the time. I don't know how much more I can listen to because some naive woman was too afraid to do what was best for her and her fetus.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:12 pm
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Strideo
Deppfan Teague
Soul of Aqua
Princess Zelda21

I think the problem here is that the opposing side doesn't believe that unfertilized eggs are murdered potential children anyways. sweatdrop
User Image

A lot of people believe birth control is murder for that reason.
User Image  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash