Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
A Shot in the Dark [4E] - Recruitment 7/6 ---FULL--- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:12 am
I'm an offensive Shaman, not a defensive one, for what it's worth. I have yet to see a Panther shaman. Only Bears, and one World Speaker.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 am
I should also note that my seeker is probably gonna end up halfway between a striker and a controller. Or maybe just half weird utility, not even sure. Which is okay, because if I'd made a striker it probably would have been control heavy anyway. >.>

It would likely be more effective, too, only I spread my powers for flavor instead of maximization since I have a pretty good concept of this character in my head, and am not really optimizing my feat and power picking; I probably should be plotting him out to abuse the RBA benefits on seekers already, but instead I've only got one of those so far in favor of powers that I think make for awesome fluff.

My only regret is not having room for more skills, or some unique utility frequently neglected, on him.

Also going to finish later tonight. I was all excited to do this yesterday but I suddenly had a friend go all drama-drop on me from like... midnight until six AM, so I'm freaking exhausted, and now my family is trying to visit for a few hours. aljteltw4,ndfsjljew

Edit: I did at least glance over his sheet again and am now debating chipping a little off his str or such in favor of raising a little dexterity, since if he's going damage focus it's an important stat. Nevermind in terms of aiming.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:14 am
If you're going bloodbond, you want dex over str ANYWAYS. Just saying, is all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:04 pm
Yeah, I know, stat-wise I do. I was kind of statting him partly with just how he'd be in mind, not what stats would actually help him in any real way.

He had more dex than con and str already, but I sapped them down a hair to bring his dex from mediocre to good.

Also, Inception is fantastic.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 pm
Ah. I thought you had somewhat neglected Dex on behalf of Str, when you'd be using Dex fairly often.

Unless you multiclass as an archer warlord. I think they use Str, even for ranged attacks.....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:15 pm
Hey Joe, how strict is your policy on ammunition? I was going to nab like 200 bolts on the assumption that I'd be losing one for every shot I fire- or at least everyone I hit with or don't take time to recollect, though fire in general makes more sense to me with bullets. Rain however said I should go and see if you even keep track of ammo, or how you handle it. Which is probably a good suggestion before I sink too much money into that.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:35 pm
Rain Yupa
I'm an offensive Shaman, not a defensive one, for what it's worth. I have yet to see a Panther shaman. Only Bears, and one World Speaker.

You, sir, offend me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:32 pm
Yulina, the Half-Orc Barbarian is complete?
www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=225136

Merc apologizes if the background is riddled with typos and the likes. Writing things out on the Wii is a royal pain in the a**.

Link should be fixed.  

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 pm
I'm getting an error on viewing that.

Then again, I had Chrome refusing to load any pages and my Firefox has too many anti-ad and anti-virus things on it, so something could be up with my computer or browsers.

Link is fixed. *thumbs up*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:33 am
Also don't think we're as range heavy as it seems.

We have two defenders- which covers the range focus pretty well on its own. One of them is a brawler too, which means on a good day he'll be keeping one enemy immobilized permanently. Also have a barbarian, which is a beefy striker, and can probably body shield a little for the squishies in a pinch.

Top it off with the fact that Rain is half-range, half-melee since the spirits like to mix it up, and that two of our range guys are controllers, and I think we're actually not gonna look too shabby unless we get ambushed.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:42 am
Controller is here! Not a mind-controller yet, but workign on it!
Mutra Bal Azimon, Tiefling Psion  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:15 am
Renaming my waterskin a wineskin and charging myself for a bottle of wine to fill it. Assuming water is free.

Also, buying a holy symbol but treating it as a badge instead. If a badge isn't setting appropriate, give me a heads up so I can refund the gold or get whatever they'd use for the purpose.

Sad I don't have the cash at level 1 for a spellbook or ritual book, as these are the only books I can find listed. If we ever leave the city, which I expect will be coming sometime, he'll have to buy himself a book to record his journeys in for posterity.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:31 am
Psychofish
Renaming my waterskin a wineskin and charging myself for a bottle of wine to fill it. Assuming water is free.

Also, buying a holy symbol but treating it as a badge instead. If a badge isn't setting appropriate, give me a heads up so I can refund the gold or get whatever they'd use for the purpose.

Sad I don't have the cash at level 1 for a spellbook or ritual book, as these are the only books I can find listed. If we ever leave the city, which I expect will be coming sometime, he'll have to buy himself a book to record his journeys in for posterity.

Well, both of those books are special in the way they work. Talk to Joe and see if you can negotiate a price for a regular book.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:27 am
Eberk Dvolgbek, Ex-Lieutenant, Dwarven Seeker.

Notes as above on some of the gold spending for items I renamed, and I didn't go through the books to pick out a background that resembled the one I wrote for him for a bonus. Actually, I'd think it'd be cool to let Joe read the history and figure out what skill to put training or a +2 in, or just work something into the game, as suits him, based off the background. Makes it feel less mechanical if the GM awards it rather than me choosing it.

And I think I am curious about what I can do in way of purchasing some kind of a book for him to use, after all, as well as any notes on ammo policy I should keep in mind.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:53 am
Psychofish
Eberk Dvolgbek, Ex-Lieutenant, Dwarven Seeker.

Notes as above on some of the gold spending for items I renamed, and I didn't go through the books to pick out a background that resembled the one I wrote for him for a bonus. Actually, I'd think it'd be cool to let Joe read the history and figure out what skill to put training or a +2 in, or just work something into the game, as suits him, based off the background. Makes it feel less mechanical if the GM awards it rather than me choosing it.

And I think I am curious about what I can do in way of purchasing some kind of a book for him to use, after all, as well as any notes on ammo policy I should keep in mind.
Sir, do you think Eberk and Schneider would know each other? Seeing as Eberk was in the Guard, and Schneider patrolled the streets upholding law in the name of Pelor, it's likely they stumbled into each other, or even maybe worked together.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff