Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Kitchens
The Kitchen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:50 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝒆
                                                          Looking Distracted in the Kitchens with Kolton
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Happy
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Mm, it always smells so lovely... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

𝒜 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝓂 𝓎 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝐼 𝒾 𝓂 𝒶 𝑔 𝒾 𝓃 𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂 𝒶 𝓃 𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝓇 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓁 𝓁 𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾 𝓃 𝓉 𝒽 𝑒 𝑔 𝓇 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla let out a pleased little tittering sound at Kolton's reply, grinning as she stepped into the kitchen. As always, she was immediately greeted by the smell of cooking food, and a small army of House-Elves, all practically tripping over one another to speak with her. She grinned at the creatures, pleased that they all seemed so happy to see her. They always did, of course, but in their case, she knew for certain that their enthusiasm was never feigned, which was quite refreshing. "Oooh, hello, ducks!" she greeted, waving at the group. "How are you all today? I trust things are going well?" There was a round of affirmation, and then they began asking what they could do for her. She requested a glass of milk and a tart, and whatever it was that they were cooking that smelled so delicious. Of course, there were a good many things being cooked, and they all smelled delicious, which left the House-Elves a little confused, but by that point they were all quite used to the Seer. Rather than ask her to elaborate, they turned their attention to Kolton, greeting him and questioning him about his own preferences.

spaceDrusilla watched the interaction in amusement, walking over to a counter and having a seat on an empty stool. She chirped a polite thank you when they brought her the milk and tart, and ooh'ed softly at the lamb stew presented to her. Taking a bite of the tart, she patted the stool next to her, smiling at Kolton again. "Mm, sit with me?" she asked, head tilting to the side again. "You should try the stew, it's very nice," she said, staring off distantly for a moment. She realized she hadn't actually tried the stew yet, and took a bite then, unsurprised that she had been correct. But, it'd probably looked a bit odd. Then again, it wasn't as though the elves had ever been known to prepare something that didn't taste good. Ah, well. Kolton was probably well used to her being odd by now, and it'd never seemed to bother him before. That was one of the things she liked about him. No one else had ever been so... relaxed, around her, except Lulu. It was something of a relief.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓅 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁 𝒾 𝒹
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒮𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐼 𝒽 𝒶 𝓋 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝒻 𝒾 𝓃 𝒾 𝓈 𝒽 𝑒 𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓉 𝒶 𝓉 𝓉 𝑜 𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝑔 𝑒 𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝓁 𝒾 𝓋 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂 𝑜 𝓂 𝑒 𝓃 𝓉

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:19 pm
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny entered the kitchens to grab something to eat. He'd been studying all day, and he was pretty sure his stomach thought his throat had been cut. It'd been complaining for the last hour in any case. As it was, Kenny thought that he could sneak into the kitchens, but instead found himself ambushed by half a dozen house elves asking if he needed anything. He blinked and chuckled nervously as he considered what he was going to get to eat. "Umm, I just came down for a snack so-" Apparently he didn't need to say anything else as several house elves rushed up with a platter of cookies and one with a glass of milk. He scratched the back of his head, feeling awkward as he was seated at one of the tables by yet another house elf that seemed insistent that he sit while having his snack. "Oh, um, thanks. You really didn-" He didn't get a chance to finish his statement when another house elf decided to tell him that yes, they did have to, and he had better eat on up. Kenny blinked at that house elf and decided that okay, yes he did have to eat up. He just hoped that he didn't endup so full they'd have to roll him out of the kitchens.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: I'm hungr- Okay, being mugged by house elves, that's a new experience.
                                                  Taken By: Persephone Tempest
                                                  OOC: Different timeline than the current scene in here.

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:51 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Ješšαмıиe Wαłšħ
                                                          Looking Studious at the Kitchens with Kenny
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Starved
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Fekking hell how do people only eat three times a day??? ❞

We ωeит я υ и и ı и g ωıтħ тħe ω ø ł ν e š. Iт'š т ı м e føя υš тø g ø ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Lefт αłł øυя ¢ ł ø т ħ e š ωıтħ тħe ¢ α я вα¢κ вч тħe я ø α đ ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxx
                                                          We ωeяe я υ и и ı и g føя α я e α š ø и - føя тħe в υ я и ı и g ıи øυя ν e ı и š ☽ O ☾xxxxxx
                                                          We ωeяe я υ и и ı и g føя α я e α š ø и - I נυšт и e e đ тø geт α ω α ч ☽ O ☾xxx

spaceDorian grinned from ear to ear when he entered the kitchens, waving hello at he elves that greeted him. The Hufflepuff had barely made it a few paces into the room when he was being handed a glass of milk and a scone, along with promises that they'd 'have a plate of Yorkshire pudding for him in just a minute!', much to his amusement. The Hufflepuff graciously thanked the elves for their attention, thinking that he was going to seriously miss this after he graduated. The elves were probably his favorite thing about the magical world, no lie. They were odd little things, but friendly and sweet and wonderful. They made for great conversation when you took the time to actually talk to them, and always knew how to perk him up on a bad day. Plus, they could cook. He swore, if not for the obvious weirdness of it all, and the fact that Jess... well, existed, he might fall for one of the little things, no joke. After all, the way to a man's heart, and all that.

spaceThe Hufflepuff realized that he wasn't the only student currently taking advantage of the elves hospitality; he approached the table Kenny sat at with a small wave, taking a bite of the scone. "Hey, Kenny," he said. "Uh, mind if I sit? I try to stay out of their way as much as possible. Busy little things... I swear, if you stay standing, you're at risk of being barreled over when one of 'em needs to take the pot off the fire." The seventh year grinned sheepishly at his yearmate, hoping that the guy wasn't, like, meeting Jojo for a date or something. He and Jess had done that plenty of times; the kitchen was sort of their mutual favorite location in the whole school. Which just made him miss her. Well, at least Jason had let him have a couple hours free that upcoming weekend. They could do lunch or something. He'd already written her to ask if she'd meet him. For now, though, he was just going to have to enjoy the nostalgia that came with being in the kitchens.

xxx☽ O ☾ I'м и ø т ¢øмıиg ħ ø м e , I'м š т α ч ı и g ωıтħ тħe ω ø ł ν e š
                                                          xxxxxx☽ O ☾ Yøυ ¢αи в υ я и αłł мч м α ı ł αиđ đ ı š ¢ ø и и e ¢ т тħe ρ ħ ø и e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ Tełł Møм I ' м š ø я я ч føя ł e α ν ı и g вυт I'м š т α ч ı и g ωħeяe I ' м α т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ We'яe яυииıиg тø fıиđ м e α и ı и g ; ωe'яe gøиe αиđ и e ν e я ¢øмıиg в α ¢ κ

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:30 pm
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw Alumni │ Mind Magic Professor

Kolton smiled as well when he stepped foot into the kitchen, seeing all the elves bustling around to prepare food for.. Lunch? Dinner? He actually had no idea what time it was, though he supposed it wasn't that big of a deal. He wasn't about to run outside and check, anyway. It seemed that Drusilla shared his enthusiasm for the kitchens.. Or maybe it was he that shared hers. She had been here longer, after all. He greeted a few of the elves who recognized him and weren't talking to the Divination professor, glad to be back. It was a refreshing change. Almost a new world.

Looking to Drusilla as she ordered, he wondered exactly how many times she had actually been in here. He deducted quite a lot, seeing as how many elves had lined up to speak to her. By that reasoning, she must have been a regular visitor. He couldn't blame her, it was a nice getaway from the rest of the school, if a bit too steamy at times. When it came time for him to order, he blinked a few times, looking down at the House Elves and smiling. "Hm, I'll just have what she's having." As the elves went to work on that, Kolton went and sat beside Drusilla, smiling lightly. Knowing that it was good before even tasting it.. well, that was something only she could do. In Kolton's mind, at least.

Once his food was delivered, he gave a 'thank you' to the Elves and took a bite of the tart and a sip of the stew, nodding in approval. "Well, you were right about the stew, unsurprisingly. I don't suppose you know if all meals are good or not before tasting them, do you?"

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:57 pm
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny looked up from his cookies to see that someone else had entered along with him, and from the blue hair and general demeanor, he doubted it was Tyson. He shrugged as Dori asked if he could join Kenny at the table, and the raven-haired teen swallowed before answering. "Yeah, go ahead. I mean, I kinda got shoved over here when I got here, so pretty sure it's safe from them. Besides, I... kind of have a sweet tooth. My da owns a candy shop, and he's constantly making sweets as a result. I'm surprised I don't have any cavities from it all." Well, it was the truth, though he wouldn't change Ciaran for the world. There were some things he would change, but that was a discussion for another time.

He cocked an eyebrow at his yearmate and bit his lip before speaking up.
                                                  "So, um, what are you doing in the kitchens? Just decided to have a snack or something? I um, I don't mean to pry, I'm just curious." It wasn't like he sounded awkward at all, no. Just, well, okay, he was awkward. He didn't usually interact with many people, and from the fact he was graduating this year, it didn't feel like he should be. He was still a kid, he shouldn't be watching his baby brother being sorted and going to school yet! That happened to older people, right? It seemed to, in any case.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: I'm hungr- Okay, being mugged by house elves, that's a new experience.
                                                  Taken By: Persephone Tempest
                                                  OOC: Different timeline than the current scene in here.

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:12 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝒆
                                                          Looking Distracted in the Kitchens with Kolton
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Happy
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Mm, it always smells so lovely... ❞

𝒜 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝓂 𝓎 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝐼 𝒾 𝓂 𝒶 𝑔 𝒾 𝓃 𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂 𝒶 𝓃 𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝓇 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓁 𝓁 𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾 𝓃 𝓉 𝒽 𝑒 𝑔 𝓇 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxx

spaceDrusilla smiled when Kolton sat with her, the expression content. She waited to continue her own meal until his had been brought to him, thinking it'd be rude to eat while he was still waiting. When he agreed with her assessment that it was good, she let out an oddly pleased little titter, then blushed faintly at his question. "Hm, not all meals. Only the ones we have here. Don't need to be able to see the future to know that, I don't think," she quipped, taking another bite of her own stew. She didn't think the House-Elves had ever made anything that didn't taste good, unless it simply didn't suit one's personal preferences. "I can sometimes tell if a meal is bad before I take a bite, though... That's not clairvoyance, though, that's just having a good sense of smell." Her nose crinkled in amusement. "Or eyes. My mother attempted to cook, once. I was very young. She got it in her head that she needed to be more of a mother/wife figure and do more around the house... She tried to make some sort of seafood thing. Cooked it all wrong, and it looked positively atrocious. I believe I considered feeding it to the dog... but was worried it'd poison the poor dear. My father tried a bite... he vanished the rest off his plate." She chuckled, playing with her food a bit as she recalled the incident, eyes growing distant.

spaceAfter a long moment, she sighed, then gave her head a light shake, glancing back at Kolton. "Hm. My mother was an odd one... No odder than my father, though. Certainly no odder than me," she said, sounding a bit like she was teasing herself and a bit sad at the same time. She liked to think that her own oddity was decidedly the fault of her upbringing, and not entirely her own fault. She didn't know why that made her feel better about it, but it did. The Seer smiled at Kolton. "So, how are you enjoying being back? Lessons going well?" she asked, taking a drink. The sudden subject change was obvious, but she didn't really care to get any further into her family at the moment. She was in a good mood, after all. Then again, she usually was around Kolton. He had that effect on her.

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓅 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁 𝒾 𝒹
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒮𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐼 𝒽 𝒶 𝓋 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝒻 𝒾 𝓃 𝒾 𝓈 𝒽 𝑒 𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓉 𝒶 𝓉 𝓉 𝑜 𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝑔 𝑒 𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝓁 𝒾 𝓋 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂 𝑜 𝓂 𝑒 𝓃 𝓉

User Image

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:06 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Ješšαмıиe Wαłšħ
                                                          Looking Studious at the Kitchens with Kenny
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Starved
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Fekking hell how do people only eat three times a day??? ❞

We ωeит я υ и и ı и g ωıтħ тħe ω ø ł ν e š. Iт'š т ı м e føя υš тø g ø ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Lefт αłł øυя ¢ ł ø т ħ e š ωıтħ тħe ¢ α я вα¢κ вч тħe я ø α đ ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxx
                                                          We ωeяe я υ и и ı и g føя α я e α š ø и - føя тħe в υ я и ı и g ıи øυя ν e ı и š ☽ O ☾xxxxxx
                                                          We ωeяe я υ и и ı и g føя α я e α š ø и - I נυšт и e e đ тø geт α ω α ч ☽ O ☾xxx

spaceDorian chuckled a bit when Kenny mentioned the elves 'shoving' him over to the table, nodding. "They do that. Bossy little buggers sometimes. Other times they're the total opposite. Can't figure 'em out." The Hufflepuff did give his classmate a jealous look at the mention of his father's candy shop, whistling low. "Wish my parents did something like that. Dad's a lawyer and Mum's a paralegal. They work for the same firm. S'boring." Dori had always hated his parent's job. Not that he wasn't glad they both enjoyed it, because they did. He just couldn't fathom why the hell that was, and found it incredibly boring to listen to them go on about it. Which they'd felt the need to do, every night, at dinner. He'd always thought they were trying to get him and his brothers interested in it so that maybe they'd follow in their footsteps or something. Mum especially, since her whole family had gone into law in one form or another. Ick.

spaceHe snickered a bit when Kenny asked what he was doing in the kitchens. "Oh, I practically live in here," he said. "Seriously. Like, if you ever need me for anything, check here first. Not that you would, but if you did. Jess and I used to hang out in here all the time. Now it's just me. Well, me and the elves. They're good company, though. Lots of fun. Good conversation. Bit weird." The word 'weird' was said with a tone of the utmost affection. Dori was never one to look down at anything odd; quite the opposite. He figured he was strange enough that, if the people around him were strange, he was in good company. It was probably one of the reasons he and Ty had never gotten along; his eldest brother was almost annoyingly normal, colored-hair aside. Besides, they'd all pretty much agreed that he'd been the one to cause the hair. Because he was the weird one. "I pretty much come down here whenever I'm bored. Or lonely... Lonely a lot, lately." The last sentence was muttered, almost too quiet to hear. Honestly, he hadn't meant to say it, but he was sort of hoping that the chaos of the kitchen had drowned it out. He frowned, taking a bite of the scone to distract himself. He hated getting introspective. It always made him depressed.

xxx☽ O ☾ I'м и ø т ¢øмıиg ħ ø м e , I'м š т α ч ı и g ωıтħ тħe ω ø ł ν e š
                                                          xxxxxx☽ O ☾ Yøυ ¢αи в υ я и αłł мч м α ı ł αиđ đ ı š ¢ ø и и e ¢ т тħe ρ ħ ø и e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ Tełł Møм I ' м š ø я я ч føя ł e α ν ı и g вυт I'м š т α ч ı и g ωħeяe I ' м α т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ We'яe яυииıиg тø fıиđ м e α и ı и g ; ωe'яe gøиe αиđ и e ν e я ¢øмıиg в α ¢ κ

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:40 pm
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw Alumni │ Mind Magic Professor

Kolton listened to her intently, somewhat agreeing with her first statement. While it was entirely possible for the House-Elves to make something legitimately bad, it hadn't happened yet in his three years of teaching here. Speaking of that, he couldn't believe that he'd been here that long already. Time sure did fly. "And what about you? Did you ever take up cooking?" Somehow he doubted it, but Drusilla had definitely shown she was capable of surprises--the event in the hallway being a prime example. "I tried my own hand at it, though I don't think I was any good at it. My mother fell sick after I graduated, which meant I had to take care of her, for the most part, including feeding her meals. Let's just say I probably wasn't a good a cook as she was," he said with a light chuckle.

Clearing his throat, he looked forward and smiled lightly. He didn't find it to be that surprising that oddness ran in her family. And he was definitely glad for the change in subjects. "It's alright. Don't have as many students taking my class as I'd like, but I suppose that's the price you pay when you decide to teach an elective. An elective for only sixth and seventh years, on top of that. Gives me a lot of time to reflect on things, though, and sometimes that can be good. How about you?"

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:09 pm
User Image
                                                                If I could have my wasted days back
                                                                Would I use them to get back on track?
                                                                Stop to warm at Karma's burning
                                                                Or look ahead, but keep on turning?

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Kitchens
                                                                Who am I with? House Elves
                                                                What am I doing? Being alone, thank you
                                                                What am I thinking? ................................
                                                                What am I wearing? Fourth Year Uniform

Hamilton sat in silence, drinking a mug of cocoa and glaring at the arm that wasn't touching the mug. It was hidden now, but it itched, and he dearly wanted to scratch it, but that would reveal that he'd been bitten. He grit his teeth, hating that he had to go into the forest every month, hated that he had to drink a bloody potion to stay sane every month, hated that his father, no, Hamnet, had decided to cast him out of his own family. It made him both angry and ashamed, angry because he never even cared about Hamilton to begin with, he had been just the spare heir he'd needed, and ashamed that he was now a halfbreed. He'd taken solace in the kitchens, the one place he wouldn't be sneered at by people that actively hated him. Bishop was just one of them. Lillantine was another one. He was also certain that most of the school hated him on general principle and he wasn't going to imagine that Pancras was going to be receptive to anything he said. He buried his face in his hands, trying to not feel overwhelmed about everything and trying to calm down. Brown eyes snapped open and he dropped his hands to stare at one of the more familiar house elves, Basil.

He knew he didn't have a stellar reputation in his house simply because he actually communicated with the help and was actually friendly with them. He didn't care. If they didn't see the worth in actually being on good terms with the creatures that served them, that was their own arrogance and hindsight. He was practically raised by house elves, so to disrespect one in his mind was tantamount to spitting at your parents. You didn't do that. "What am I supposed to do? Fa-Hamnet kicked me out and now I have nowhere to go. I can't go live off the streets, and I know damn well that staying at Hogwarts is impossible. I;m ********, and it's all because of some mutt of a werewolf." Did he care if the house elves heard him disrespect his father and complain about his home life? It wasn't the first time. The only times he annoyed them were when he tried to offer to help them a few times, and even then he knew better than to get in their way. He just hoped he wasn't that much of a bother right now.

OOC:

Do I have the strength
                                                                To know how I'll go?
                                                                Can I find it inside
                                                                To deal with what I shouldn't know?

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:24 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxx
вaѕιl
xxxxxxxxxxx

a perѕon wнo нaѕ noт donexxxxxxxxxxxx
one нalғ нιѕ day'ѕ worĸ вy тen o'clocĸxxxxxxxxx

spaceBasil could easily tell that something was very, very wrong with Mister Strudwick. The young man was not always as cheery as some of the other students who found their way into the kitchens, but he didn't think he'd ever seen the boy so out of sorts before. The eventual outburst made the House-Elf jump; skittish by nature, he wasn't often prepared for such behaviour, and found it disconcerting at best. To have the normally calm Slytherin boy be so frustrated both terrified and worried Basil. Though, given the apparent circumstances, he fully understood the frustration. Many pureblood households would not take kindly to their son being a werewolf, which from the boy's words, must have been what had happened.

spaceHe frowned, forcing himself to step closer, unsure if he should attempt to comfort the boy with a pat on the shoulder or something of that nature, or if it would be wise to keep his distance. "Mister Strudwick, this is most terrible," he said gently, wringing his hands together. "Perhaps... perhaps we elves could speak to the headmaster and he could help to arrange something?" Basil had always thought Professor Steele to be a remarkably kind man, though stern. But, given that he was perfectly fine with hiring werewolves and vampires, and had sought to accommodate students with such peculiarities before, he didn't see why the man would not help Mister Strudwick. Basil rocked forward on his feet nervously, hands still clasped together. "I am quite sure he would help, Mister Strudwick, he has done many many things to help students and professors with personal problems, it would be no trouble."

xxxxxxxxxrυnѕ a cнance oғ
                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxleavιng тнe oтнer нalғ υndone

(( OOC ))
                                    - - -

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Rανєηcℓαω Ƈнαѕєя Ƒσυη∂єя & Ƈαρтαιη σƒ Aят Ƈℓυв

Dris grinned when Beckah said she'd get some snacks. He started on the path to the kitchens, his tummy grumbling. She asked if he knew how to get in, and he smirked. "I do, indeed. I like to go there after quidditch practices... or just when I have bad days." He nodded, then whistled a tune as he walked. "Yea, I know where most of the Common Rooms are. Hufflepuff I know 'cause my cousin's in there, so is Chance and Sky... and you." He chuckled, tickling the pear and unlocking the door to the kitchens. He held open the door for Beckah, then sat at the little table, requesting a bowl of macaroni and cheese and a cup of sweet tea. "So, what did you want to talk about? It must be important if you were willing to miss dinner to talk to me." He sipped sweet tea, looking questioningly at the girl.

Summer II

Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛʜɪs ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ? I ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ,
Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ sᴇɴsᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ. Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ʀᴀᴄᴇ?
Wʜᴇɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴄɪʀᴄʟᴇs, sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ꜰᴜɴɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ.
Tʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, I'ᴍ ʜᴏᴘɪɴ' ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ.
Wʜᴇɴ I ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏɴᴇ.
I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ.
Iꜰ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ᴛʀᴜᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ I ᴅᴏ?
I ᴀᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
яєвєкαн нєαятωσσ∂
fσυятн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Excited
xLocation: Great Hall Antechamber
xWith: No one yet
xStatus: Single

On the way down to the kitchen, Beckah was her normal quiet self, but once they were in the kitchen, the girl started chatting away. She vaulted onto an unused counter top and grabbed an orange, peeling away the skin. "I don't know if you know, but I'm weird. I mean, not a bad weird though. There's only a few people I know and talk to though. And, well, I made friends with a wood nymph in the Forbidden Forest the other night and I learned that just because I'm weird doesn't mean I can't have more friends. And, well, I thought to myself that you have lots of friends and you do cool things like clubs and things and well, I wanted you to bring me there. Help me make friends." She didn't seem to notice that she was rambling. The girl fixed her gray-ish blue eyes on Dris and offered him a smile, trying to show confidence as she'd observed others doing when they were confident.

Out of Character: {...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Rανєηcℓαω Ƈнαѕєя Ƒσυη∂єя & Ƈαρтαιη σƒ Aят Ƈℓυв

Dris blinked when Beckah launched into a spiel about how she wasn't weird and had gone to the forest (again), this time making a friend with a wood nymph.... well, at least it wasn't a crazed vampire or something. She then went on to say that just because she was weird didn't mean she couldn't have friends, and how she thought he was cool for clubs and friends... and finally got to the point of asking him to introduce her to some new friends. He nodded awkwardly, trying to figure out what to say. "Well, I'm weird too, and honestly, the best people are. As for clubs, I'm only in Music Club and, of course, Art Club. If you want to come with me, you're more than welcome. Neither club has locked members." He sipped his tea again, taking a few bites of his freshly delivered macaroni. "As for friends, I can introduce you to a few people. I don't have oodles of friends, just lots of people on friendly terms. Too many people at once is bad for my ears, anyway." He snort-laughed quietly, before resuming his dinner. An extra long practice with no food hadn't made him very happy, food wise. Luckily, the house elves seemed to have a soft spot for the constantly growing boy, and one of them brought him a second bowl seconds after he'd finished inhaling his first.

Summer II

Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛʜɪs ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ? I ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍʏ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅᴇʀ,
Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ sᴇɴsᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ. Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ʀᴀᴄᴇ?
Wʜᴇɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴄɪʀᴄʟᴇs, sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ꜰᴜɴɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ.
Tʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, I'ᴍ ʜᴏᴘɪɴ' ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ.
Wʜᴇɴ I ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏɴᴇ.
I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ.
Iꜰ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ᴛʀᴜᴇ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴄᴀɴ I ᴅᴏ?
I ᴀᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 pm
яєвєкαн нєαятωσσ∂
fσυятн уєαя нυffℓєρυff

xFeeling: Excited
xLocation: Kitchen
xWith: Dris
xStatus: Single

The girl kicked her legs back and forth while Dris talked, considering the club options that he had mentioned. She liked art and music, so why shouldn't she go? "I like music and art. I just... I was always afraid of people, you know?" She shrugged and pushed off the counter. Then she sat with Dris and smiled at him. It was an entirely different Beckah than the girl he'd known before. She set her face in determination and nodded. "I'll do it! I'll go to the clubs with you."

Out of Character: {...}

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:11 pm
I'll take my hope where I can find it;
Seems I find it here in you.
Hang your curtain, get behind it-
I won't even ask for proof.
Go ahead and read my fortune...
Cast your dice, divine my fate.

𝒟𝐸𝐿𝒫𝐻𝐼𝒩𝐼𝒜
𝐿𝒰𝒞𝐸𝑅𝒩𝐸
𝑀𝐸𝒜𝒟𝒪𝒲𝒮

PUREBLOOD │ SECOND YEAR │ RAVENCLAW

Finny's reaction to the formal announcement of her betrothal at Christmas dinner had been nothing like her older sister's. She had been unfailingly polite, put on her best shy smile, and acted as though she were absolutely delighted to be betrothed to her very best friend's twin brother. What a lovely, perfect match. Her only note of dissent had been a murmured conversation beforehand with her mother, in which Finny had tried to (delicately) point out some of the jarring differences between her intended's personality and her own, as well as the fact that she was not a Hufflepuff, but her barely there arguments had been waved away. So now she really didn't know what to think.

Logically, Sorin was a perfectly fine match. He was intelligent, fiercely loyal to his sister, and had never been so much as rude to her, never mind nasty or cruel. He wasn't ugly or in poor health, he wasn't a troublemaker, and he didn't go out of his way to draw attention to himself. Logically, she should have no qualms about the idea of someday being his wife and raising little Kinsleys. Emotionally, she thought Sorin had the thoughtful depth of a rain puddle, and that while he was a perfectly fine friend/acquaintance, was likely going to be... not the most... supportive of life partners. Finny could be a bit dreamy and innocent, but she understood the concept of playing nice until the papers were signed and they were behind closed doors.

Having Celeste as a sister-in-law would be nice, and she knew she'd see her very often, even after they were both married, but that didn't exactly cancel out the rest of it. In reality, she likely had a long, dreary, cold existence to look forward to, in which she pretended to be thrilled to live under Sorin's father's thumb and informed her children that, dependent on their gender, they had exactly one house option when they reached Hogwarts. And Morgana forbid she ever produce a squib. It wasn't that Finny despised Sorin. But she didn't think she could count on him to necessarily put her wants before his, or more importantly, his family's. That said, he wanted to speak privately, and she had a muffin to eat, so she supposed she shouldn't whine too much.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Tell me that it's not too late for-
A little second hand faith.
A line upon my palm that I can't just erase...
'Cause I need to believe in a hierarchic grace.
I can do without a book I'll never read;
Second hand faith is all I need.

Kitchens

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas