Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Slash couples you DON'T like? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:18 am
Born Backwards
[Ren The Ryoko]

It's like...
Ok, so for both Harry/Draco/Hermione and Aang/Zuko/Katara the dynamic works like this:
Harry/Aang: The protagonist who wants to save the world
Draco/Zuko: The antagonist who is straight up obsessed with the protagonist
Hermione/Katara: The best girl friend who dislikes/distrusts the antagonist because they want to protect the antagonist.

There's just really no special...BOND between Draco and Hermione. No connect. Draco teases her to bother HARRY. Hermione dislikes Draco because he upsets Harry. It's all about Harry.

Ah yes I can see that!

I always preferred Zuko/Aang to Zuko/Katara anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:58 am
[Ren The Ryoko]

Oh yeah! It was all for "honour" heh, I know the truth Zuko ehehe wink  

Born Backwards

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 am
Born Backwards
[Ren The Ryoko]

XDDD Right.
-Thinks on the fire dancing episode in season 3-
Honor....of course.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:05 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Born Backwards
[Ren The Ryoko]

XDDD Right.
Honor....of course.

AHAHA yes! And in the ep where they go to learn about firebending...sure Aang you didn't jump Zuko just to get his fire wink  

Born Backwards

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:25 am
Born Backwards
[Ren The Ryoko]
Born Backwards
[Ren The Ryoko]

XDDD Right.
Honor....of course.

AHAHA yes! And in the ep where they go to learn about firebending...sure Aang you didn't jump Zuko just to get his fire wink

And Zuko carrying Aang through the snow...
for honor....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:53 am
[Ren The Ryoko]

for honor....

AHA yes! And going to save him when Zhao had him...  

Born Backwards

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:39 am
Born Backwards
[Ren The Ryoko]

for honor....

AHA yes! And going to save him when Zhao had him...

And leaving his girlfriend and family and country to go help Aang bring down his father.
All for.....honor.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:16 am
[Ren The Ryoko]

And leaving his girlfriend and family and country to go help Aang bring down his father.
All for.....honor.....

Aha yep! Oh we're having too much fun with this ehehe.  

Born Backwards

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 am
Born Backwards
[Ren The Ryoko]

All for.....honor.....

Aha yep! Oh we're having too much fun with this ehehe.

XDDD Indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 pm
This is probably going to be the post unpopular opinion ever, but I don't really like Harry/Draco or Harry/Snape.

I know there are some great fics and art for both pairings but I just can't see it.

Harry doesn't get on with either of them, and I just can't see hate sex as being Harry's thing.

Whilst I love Snape as a character, I just can't ever imagine him in any sort of relationship really. He's just too fixated on Lily to ever get over her and move on to someone else. The fact that he's also a bit of a bully as a teacher also puts me off pairing him with anyone - especially a student.

When it comes to Draco, hmm. I don't know. I just see him as sticking to his pureblood upbringing, marrying a pureblood girl who his family approve of, and carrying on the family name.

EDIT:

Forgot to say! I also don't like any next-gen pairings.

They must just be either written as carbon copies of their parents or are just original characters that the author came up with.

Don't get it.

I guess I'm just a canon loving Gryffindor at heart. xD  

Percy Ignatius W

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Piecatcher 100

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 pm
Percy Ignatius W
This is probably going to be the post unpopular opinion ever, but I don't really like Harry/Draco or Harry/Snape.

I know there are some great fics and art for both pairings but I just can't see it.

Harry doesn't get on with either of them, and I just can't see hate sex as being Harry's thing.

Whilst I love Snape as a character, I just can't ever imagine him in any sort of relationship really. He's just too fixated on Lily to ever get over her and move on to someone else. The fact that he's also a bit of a bully as a teacher also puts me off pairing him with anyone - especially a student.

When it comes to Draco, hmm. I don't know. I just see him as sticking to his pureblood upbringing, marrying a pureblood girl who his family approve of, and carrying on the family name.

EDIT:

They must just be either written as carbon copies of their parents or are just original characters that the author came up with.

Don't get it.

While I deeply enjoy Drarry, I know it's not for everyone.

But...Next Gen kids....I really adore.
And we DO have some canon traits to work off of for some of them.
We have a fairly good feel for James, Albus, and Lily, and at least something to work with for Teddy.
And yes, to some extent, the majority of their personalities, and the other kids, is worked out by the author. That's kind of the fun of it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:16 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Percy Ignatius W

EDIT:

Don't get it.

We have a fairly good feel for James, Albus, and Lily, and at least something to work with for Teddy.
And yes, to some extent, the majority of their personalities, and the other kids, is worked out by the author. That's kind of the fun of it.

Maybe it's partly because I wasn't a fan of the epilogue. At all.

I'd much prefer to imagine how everyone's lives turned out than have it spelled out for me. But I guess JK wanted to give it a proper ending and draw a line under it all.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I suppose there is a little bit to work from.

I just like to kid myself that my favourite slash pairings could be canon I think - and therefore I like to read fic where all characterisations are as close to canon as possible*, and if there's not much canon for a character I find it hard to summon up much interest. Does that make sense?

I think I'm rambling now . . .

* Although obviously everyone's interpretation of canon is different. For me Harry/Ron is canon, in the sense that they love each other more than anyone else in their lives. But I know that not everyone will agree with me.  

Percy Ignatius W

8,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Piecatcher 100

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:50 pm
Percy Ignatius W
[Ren The Ryoko]
Percy Ignatius W

EDIT:

Don't get it.

Maybe it's partly because I wasn't a fan of the epilogue. At all.

I'd much prefer to imagine how everyone's lives turned out than have it spelled out for me. But I guess JK wanted to give it a proper ending and draw a line under it all.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I suppose there is a little bit to work from.

I just like to kid myself that my favourite slash pairings could be canon I think - and therefore I like to read fic where all characterisations are as close to canon as possible*, and if there's not much canon for a character I find it hard to summon up much interest. Does that make sense?

I think I'm rambling now . . .

* Although obviously everyone's interpretation of canon is different. For me Harry/Ron is canon, in the sense that they love each other more than anyone else in their lives. But I know that not everyone will agree with me.

Nothing about the Epilogue says the slash CAN'T still happen. You just have a little more to work around. I, personally, ship Drarry Post-Epilogue.
I'm with you though. I like to bend, but not break canon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:57 pm
Dumbledore and Harry..its just not right~! An old man and one of the greatest wizards and a teenager..  

VirtualooSnape

Toxic Shade

17,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers