Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <OoC> {Not accepting} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:09 pm
Which still leaves everyone else in the dark of what it is saying.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 pm
Dion Necurat
Keith Valken Lionheart
And I JUST deleted my Legacy book... I'll get it again, see what Backgrounds fit my little Jawa. And about the Language barrier, don't worry. I didn't plan on the party knowing Jawa or the Trade Language, but that's a challenge I'd be undertaking, how to communicate with the other party members.

Well there you go: it will be your Jawa's destiny to learn languages so to better communicate deals amongst different species. That sounds like an Education destiny to me.

No.

I refuse to believe that I could get a destiny completion for taking a few semesters of foreign languages. Education involves more significant things than overcoming a language barrier. Teaching someone a long lost tradition that significantly enhances or harms a culture would qualify or something to that order of magnitude. I think they give examples. I think the least quality is essentially something equivilant to a green beret educates a local militia on how to face overwhelming forces and win.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 am
10pm est D: That's like 3am for me...

PREPARE THE COFFEE.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 am
Oh don't worry, that's just the deadline for Mir and Lowookar to make their introductory posts, and roll the perceptions. If I ever post a deadline for anything, it'll be for the current part, not to see what's to come.
Also I'm terrible with time (read: I get distracted easily) so there's a chance that the post may not come at that hour.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:55 am
Eh... Nyquil sat my a** down hard... then I woke up four hours later feeling like I slept for 8. It's creepy. This cold is slapping me around like a hard assed drill instructor on a chubby recruit in a viet nam era marine boot camp/war film.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:15 am
Seph Baelzara
@Anatarei:
Well... now I feel like an a**. Crap! gonk Sorry.

I simply don't have the heart to kick anyone at this stage, but it would possibly bring the count to 8. 7 if I discount the submission at 5am my time.

Eh. Screw it. I'll let all 8 fly. I'll just bump the encounter numbers up a few to scale with the number.

Didn't really mean to make you feel the a**. Just wasn't really sure what the heck one could say to "justify" a Jedi in your eyes (and I can't tell from the other one, because I don't see a background on him). If having me in the game would prove to make things difficult or unwieldy for you, I can accept that and bow out. I get it. Too many players can really bog things down, especially if some of them aren't paying attention/participating/reading posts. It can get jumbled. So, if you'd rather I duck out, I get that. I just wasn't sure what you wanted by way of background to allow for the character in the first place, and that was a little frustrating.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am
Anaterei, don't worry about it. You're in. As for Seph's comment about being an a**, I think it's because at the time, he didn't have your backstory either in or read yet, thus his generalization.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:17 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Anaterei, don't worry about it. You're in. As for Seph's comment about being an a**, I think it's because at the time, he didn't have your backstory read yet, thus his generalization.

This, verbatim.
And as per online gaming, I expect people to drop as their interest wanes, so I'm not too worried about the number. Sure it's high right now, but given a few weeks I'm sure I'll be down around half that. It's the sad truth to PbP games.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:21 pm
Too bad I'm too much of a loser to let games I join drop unless the gm does it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 pm
And I love players like you. I plan on running this until the last player does not go on. I'd love to see this go to the end.

Also, as much as I love PC interaction, the story must go on!

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:12 pm
Stormtroopers:
Reflex 16
Fort 12
Will 10
HP 6

Informants:
Reflex 11
Fort 11
Will 12
HP 7

Just for ease of telling of if hit or miss, as well as deaths.

Stormtroopers #1 and 2 (left and front mid) are dead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm
General question, that perhaps someone could answer for me - Talyn has a 20 DEX, but he's only a first level human. That should cap at an 18, shouldn't it? Am I missing something?  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
General question, that perhaps someone could answer for me - Talyn has a 20 DEX, but he's only a first level human. That should cap at an 18, shouldn't it? Am I missing something?

I'd assume he rolled an 18.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:13 pm
He's a "near-human" meaning he did a bit of modifying via The Unknown Regions

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:29 am
Seph is correct.

I also didn't roll an 18. I spent 16 of my 32 points. I judiciously spent my points otherwise on things. It's kinda min max >_> but I'd of rather generally rolled with my own dice and taken pics with my cell phone or tried to find a web cam or let seph roll until I got a set of stats I was happy with.

+2 dex -2 cha.

Keep in mind I would of rather rolled stats than min maxed like this.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff