Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:22 am
Eva stood along with Scarlet, watching the girl carefully. She'd ignored the part about her family. "What happened? Why are you..." She started to ask, gesturing to Scarlet's now younger appearance, "...a child?"

Genesis's form rematerialized from the ghastly portal in the next room over, the Caretaker silently stepped from his dimension to the floor of the laundry room. He overheard Eva's second question. His eyes focused on the direction of Eva and Scarlet, vision unaffected by the wall ahead of him. To the machine's eyes, the whole kitchen was a grey deadzone, except for a tiny red splotch within Eva's skull, and the brilliant red of Scarlet's entire form. He took note of these observations, sending the data back to the other two Caretakers. A purple crack formed in the upper corner of his vision, originating from outside, where a guardian had just exited a rift. Genesis reached out to the wall, arm fusing with the wall's structure, until he became an invisible part of the building. He would watch closely, waiting for this oddity to unfold.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:41 pm
I looked down at myself.

I... I don't entirely know what caused this... I know that this form is... my true age however.

I looked down at my hands, looking at the long, elegant fingers and pale skin. My head suddenly snapped up, my ears swiveling, my tail swishing. My eyes were drawn to the laundry room for a moment, before I stared straight ahead and closed my eyes... Before I immediately headed out of the kitchen, through the front hall, and out the front door...

~~~

Odessa Hovered infront of the building, her golden metal wings flashing in the sunlight, making her look like a solar angel. She tasted the air, and listened intently... Yes. Scarlet. There is a normal... kind of... person here too I think, and something else... Damn. A caretaker. Odessa shook that piece of info off and hovered downward as she landed neatly on her feet.

Just as the door opened and little Scarlet came out.

~~~

I saw the golden winged Guardian and I stared, wide eyed for a moment. Slowly, my face lit up into a smile, and I darted forward. She knelt onto one knee, spreading her arms, and I tackled her into a hug. She stood and spun around, laughing and hugging me. I laughed and giggled and hugged her tightly. I had missed my big sister, even if I didn't know it.

Those ears make you look so adorable!

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:52 pm
Eva had been far too stunned to respond before the girl darted out, and so she stood there dumbfounded for a moment longer. She eventually chased after Scarlet, stopping in the doorway to look out. There she was, tight in the embrace of a radiant guardian. They seemed so joyous.
Something was tugging at Eva's consciousness, as if she were being pulled backward out of her own body. She leaned heavily against the door frame, trying to remain stable as her mind was being yanked out of her. She was about to lose her footing right when a pair of hands tightened around her shoulders.

"Please don't panic. I mean you no harm." Genesis assured Eva as she looked up to him with fear in her eyes. She tried to resist, but weakness again overcame her limbs. The Caretaker scooped her up with strong, steady arms and carried her to the nearest couch, where he set her down gently. He knelt down beside the woman, metallic grey eyes focused on a portion of her forehead.
"W-who are you? What are you doing?" Eva demanded in her frail voice, clearly pained by the headache which still ailed her.
"A friend of Raowan's. He asked me to look after you, since he's so busy with his job." Genesis smiled, eyes still focused, "Tell me, Eva...are you feeling unwell at the moment?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:38 pm
After a moment, Odessa and I stopped to look at Eva, who was promptly swept up into the arms of a robotic like figure. We watched him scoop her up into his arms and carry her inside.

Who are they? Odessa questioned.

The girl is Eva. She's a friend.

And the robot?

Dunno. I'd like to see if she's allright.

Very well then.

Odess carried me into the house, hugging me too her like a highly loved comfort toy. She put her chin on the top of my head as we wandered towards the couch and watched the exchange between the robot and Eva silently. Odess shifted slightly, but still held me close.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm
She was reluctant to answer, afraid of his intentions. For all she knew, he could be a Corrupted. She wasn't certain, but something seemed unusual about this man... artificial. Eventually she spoke up, "Just a bad headache, and this sensation of being pulled out of my head..."
Suddenly, the world started rising around her, as if she were falling quickly downward. Her body felt light and ethereal. Eva raised her hand to visibility, and let out an unheard scream. She had become intangible. Still she fell, through the couch, through the floor, the basement, the dirt... until her surroundings were naught but empty space. The half-robotic face of Metamorphosis stared right back, all seeing and blank of any expression.
Eva flinched as she floated back to reality, aware of Genesis's careful observation. She sat up fast, feeling her own flesh for its solidity. That day dream felt all too real...

"I see..." Genesis responded solemnly, as if his understanding was intended for a deeper meaning. He stood up again, half-turning to Scarlet and Odessa. The guardian also had a splotch of red within, but she yet seemed unaffected. His main focus was on the girl.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:25 pm
I was watching Eva with worried eyes, but Odessa's attentions was on the Caretaker. She knew what he was... Odessa pulled my closer and hugged me tighter, like a girl holding a teddy bear. I have searched hard for far too long to lose my little sister now... She thought to herself. She eyed the Caretaker thoughtfully.

Are you alright Eva? I asked, with big green eyes. I noticed Odessa's tightened grip, and looked up at her. I felt her lift one hand and run it through my long crimson hair...

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Genesis only remained watching, somehow held back from initiating any conflict, yet no physical restraints were in place. He gazed back to Eva briefly, "You should go to your appointment today — just to make sure it's nothing serious. You'd rather find out sooner than keep worrying, right? I'll be in town if you need me, and I'll periodically check in. See you, Eva."
The Caretaker passed by, heading back to the door. He stopped just briefly to whisper in Odessa's direction, "I'm not as my brethren are; I have my obligations, but I also have a conscience. Only should the need arise would I ever resort to such things. Please don't make me." For that moment of pause, his icy eyes almost took on a personality, a soul. Then, the AI left, his words the only trace still lingering in their minds.

Eva was too distracted to notice the whisper, too freaked out by how much that man knew. She heard Scarlet's question, however, and that was what dragged her back from her own thoughts. "I think so... I just had this weird feeling. Maybe something is wrong with me..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Odessa kept her eyes on the Caretaker as he left. She was also aware of the flicker of Scarlet's ear, to show that she too had heard the Caretaker's whisper. Scarlet looked to the Caretaker and both of them saw the flicker of a soul in the robot's eyes... Once Odessa had deemed that he had left, Odessa finally put Scarlet down, and the younger girl looked to Eva, before heading to her side.

Odessa closed her eyes and waited, listening... sensing... watching.

~~~

I headed over to Eva's side and smiled weakly at her. My tail swished back and forth, and I looked like I wanted to say something, but I couldn't. I looked back to Odessa. I said something, in an odd language that seemed slightly mystical. It was an ancient one... and a dead one.

{Well? Are we alone?}

{I'm making sure. Hang on.}

I nodded and looked to Eva.

Well... um... Eva, this is my sister, Odessa. Odessa, Eva.

A pleasure. Odessa opened her eyes and nodded to Eva; before closing them and going back to what she was doing.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

CrypticCat

Familiar Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:49 pm
[[ is this RP fun? >3> ]]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 pm
RiskyCricket
In a world that never understands you...

"((Ohh yes. Perhaps you should join~ twisted )) "

...the machines will always understand your pain.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

CrypticCat

Familiar Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm
Hiddochi wolf
RiskyCricket
In a world that never understands you...

"((Ohh yes. Perhaps you should join~ twisted )) "

...the machines will always understand your pain.

[[ > v > Maaaaybe I will~ ~ ~ ]]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 pm
((Fun fact: When this entire RP is copy-pasted into a word processor, minus the OOC and setup posts, it occupies 24 pages of solid text, and consists of 13,733 words. 3nodding ))

Eva was intrigued by their odd language, mentally trying to figure out if it were one of the world's other major dialects. She couldn't place it to any nationality, however. She nodded right back when introduced to the guardian, "Likewise."

((BLAH. Writer's block. >_>))  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:13 pm
((Niice xd ))

After a long moment, Odessa relaxed.

They're gone.

I looked to Eva, but I knew what was coming...

Scarlet...........

I turned and gave Odessa a large, wide-eyed and cavity inducing cute look.

Odessa looked to me, and groaned.

Okay, Okay, you win. But... why Scarlet? Why did you have to alert those Caretakers? They're onto you now.

How was I supposed to know what was going to happen when I get hit upside the head by a frying pan?

... good point. But I can't take you home now. They'll notice if you go missing. I've been searching for you for 4 years Scarlet...

Odessa strode over to me and hugged me again.

... I missed you, sissy.

Likewise. Mom and Dad do too.

Odessa let go and I settled down on the couch. She looked at Eva. She remebered the comment about the blood tests. we looked back and froth between eachother.

I don't think b--

{Scarlet.}

{Ah, yes, I apologize.}

{But you are correct. I think blood tests are not going to tell anyone what this Eva's problem is.}

I grinned wryly. {She's experiencing glitches in the VR, isn't she?}

Odessa nodded. I looked to Eva again, before back at Odessa.

{Should we tell her?}

Odessa rubbed her chin. {She seems trustworthy... but naive. She knows our names and what we look like. If she says the wrong thing to the wrong person, they'd be after you and she'd blow my cover wide open.}

{Cover? Oh, the whole guardian thing.}

{Yes.} It was Odessa's turn to smile darkly. {Of course, everyone would expect those not completely insane among the Corrupted ranks to be Revolutionaries. But who would expect a Guardian? A protector of the peace?} She chuckled. {Anyway, I expect that she's experiencing glitches. After all, this is a VR, and they haven't taken it down to fix bugs or glitches in 25 years. It's a damn fine piece of programming, but despite what they say, it's not perfect. The Corrupted that are insane? Driven that way by the bugs and glitches, I expect. Plus the whole 'power of the guardians' things. We need to get these people out of here soon... or else... Even the hash real world would be better then being trapped in here, slowly going insane...} Odessa looked away, a grim look on her face.

I paused for a moment, considering that.

Uh.... who wants pancakes? I said with sudden perfect cheerfulness, and I hopped to my feet and ran to the kitchen, were I started collecting the ingrediants and making the batter for pancakes.

Odessa laughed hard at this, as if relieved to find amusement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:16 pm
((Annnd your post just added another page, and 442 words. razz ))

Scarlet's sudden question also made Eva chuckle, though obviously not for the same reasons. It was just so random. She watched as the girl pranced off to the kitchen, "Just don't hit your head again!"

• • •

It marched down the infinite line, occasionally examining a person's face and nameplate before continuing, on a dutiful search. The robot was faceless just like its partners, with naught but a lone scanner rolling up each human's figure. Only one thing visibly set this drone apart from its predecessors; the name "Nemesis" scrawled upon its chest in neat, black letters.
Nemesis was physically far different from its persona, appearing more male than female, and lacking the domineering height. It bore no armor other than its sleek, stainless steel "skin," and externally carried no weaponry. However, it was still the same focused, ruthless AI within. The automaton stopped before a young woman, no older than 22, and scanned her facial details and nameplate. She had short, sandy brown hair strewn in a shaggy mess; a rounded face with a more pointed chin; thin, pale lips; and wide, blue-grey eyes. She was Eva.
Nemesis hesitated a moment, wordlessly communicating something to two other units several miles away, then hefted Eva over its shoulder without struggle. It also paused to examine the man labeled "Devon" next in line, but decided against taking action. One would suffice for the time being. The robot sped up into more of a run, cutting through the lines without hitting anyone, carrying the entranced woman with it.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm
Okay!

I called from the kitchen; the sound of a child making a mess and having fun was now clearly heard.

Odessa finally straightened after calming down from her mirth. She looked back to the kitchen as her wings folded against her back and vanished.

Don't set anything on fire either! She called.

Okay!

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces