Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How old were you when you knew you were Different? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tall Dark and Yaoi

Greedy Gawker

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:41 pm
I was that kid who would hop schools every 6 months. My mom always kept moving and my dad was no where to be found. I used to be that outgoing superstar kid that parents always dreamed of, but then I became shy and realized that once I graduate high school I would have to work and do nothing else. I realized thing when I was in elementary school.

One day in 4th grade, I walked in on a boy changing in the bathroom and he was down to his underwear. He was in my class... And all I could do was blush and yell sorry. He told me it was fine and that's kind of how we got our friendship started. Then one day I had to move and that boy kissed me on he cheek and told me that he says his dad do it to his mom as he was leaving before.

That was the last time I saw him.... I knew I was attracted to boys then. I still remember that day like it was yesterday...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:00 am
probably around the age of 8 or 9 when I would fantasize about my barbies cat_4laugh  

DresdenDawl

Dapper Dabbler

3,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Hip Like Junk

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 pm
I have always felt different and like I didn't belong, I have always had trouble relating to people. I just never understood why. My entire childhood and teenage years, I told myself it didn't count as gay if it stayed in my head. Signs that should have triggered an "Oh yeeeah" response failed to do so. I had that denial thing down, that's for sure. I didn't seriously question myself (without dismissing and burying it) until I was like 22...  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 am
Well, all throughout Elementary School, I liked boys, but wondered what it'd be like if girls dated.
In 2nd grade, I had my first boyfriend and he was too cute.
But, he moved and I was upset, so, me and my best friend Nicole always hung out, and I grew a sort of attraction to her.
I didn't know what it meant, so I shrugged it off.
Her sister was lesbian and seeing her with her girlfriend made me want to see what it'd be like to have a girlfriend.
I always thought it was a bad thing, but, when I got into 5th grade, I knew something was different about me.
I just thought it was 'cause I was growing boobs.
But, when I got into 6th grade, there were so many pretty girls, I knew I was attracted to them, and once I got into my freshman year, I was all "AW YEAH. GIRLS EVERYWHERE."
Pff.
I'm still a weirdo.. > v >
ANYWAY.
Since 5th grade, I've been bi.
But, lately, I've been leaning more toward Lesbian.

Anyway, I was one of those little girls who had mountains of barbies and Bratz dolls. I used to strip them and leave them naked.. I'd also do the same with the boys. But, I'd end up dressing them all up.

Eukleides Everill

Fashionable Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:42 pm
When i was 9 years old....  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:47 am
Well, i was to young to know what "gay" was when i was 7 but while everyone was playing doctor with there little girl friends i was playing doctor with other males, but i guess i really finally realized it when i was 14 and experimented with a guy, after that, i put a shell around myself, i tried over and over to convince myself i wasn't gay, that everyone would be disappointed if i told them, an as i kept lying to myself i became and angrier and angrier person, i made fun of kids in high school, especially the gay kids. Which i feel horrid about making fun of them now, im so glad i grew up and matured and came out to my family and friends and they were nothing like it thought they were going to be, they all accepted it with not question, it was like they knew already without me telling them.  

Kalona Ayeliski

Kialoca

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:00 am
I was super young like 9 and me and my bff used to always play together. One day we were playing a wierd form of house and kissed each other. It was totally wierd at first. Then she kissed me again eek One of her parents broke it up by yelling dinner from the kitchen and it happened again like two times more then it ended. We're still bff's today but dont bring it up redface She still hot too but doesn't roll my way. lolx  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:23 pm
5 or 6.... I noticed I wasn't really with a group of the 'guys' wasn't interested in race cars,video games (the ones that had to do with guns and all that),rap hip hop etc. but I never even accept the possibility that I might be gay caus when I was little my brothers taught be about gay people and that 'God dosnt like them,they'll burn in the inferno,etc' rehén as o moved to 6 grade i noticed that i started looking at guys more than 'usual',at first I thought I was 'jelious' that they were more good looking than me,then I realized I'm attracted to them,but I never accept the fact in gay,nor did I even thout in my head I MIGHT be,then I finaly admitt in 7th grade and here I am now  

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:25 pm
Irie_Naoki_19
Well, i was to young to know what "gay" was when i was 7 but while everyone was playing doctor with there little girl friends i was playing doctor with other males, but i guess i really finally realized it when i was 14 and experimented with a guy, after that, i put a shell around myself, i tried over and over to convince myself i wasn't gay, that everyone would be disappointed if i told them, an as i kept lying to myself i became and angrier and angrier person, i made fun of kids in high school, especially the gay kids. Which i feel horrid about making fun of them now, im so glad i grew up and matured and came out to my family and friends and they were nothing like it thought they were going to be, they all accepted it with not question, it was like they knew already without me telling them.
I wish my family was like yours emo  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:37 pm
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Irie_Naoki_19
awe what happened when you told them if you dont mind me asking.  

Kalona Ayeliski

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:31 pm
Irie_Naoki_19
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Irie_Naoki_19
wel it was more of an accident caus I never plan on telling them. I had the lowest grades I was distracted by fear caus my mom is deeply rreligeous that "I'm going to burn in hell" all that. Stuff bla bla bla. My brother asked me and I was in his car traped wanted to open it and jump off on the streets and I couldn't say any excuse caus Iv been having low grades heck I said almost every excuse I could've said to hide my 'secret ' to spill: "I'm too lazy" "homework is too hard", "I have trouble focusing", etc. and he was very serious and wanted to know what. Was REALYgoing on. Before I said the words I was crying the most tears iv ever experienced. He shook his hood and asked my if I even knew what "gay" means. He was talking and talking and I wasn't really listening then I heard "you do know this is going to be a problem with our religion!?". And he was very strict about gays that he makes faces whenever two men hold hands across the street etc. then he forced me to tell my mom. Same scene. She try to convince me that I was "straight" cause she saw my Facebook and noticed a picture if me sming with a girl (my friend) hugging me. Well that was one of my girlfriends (not girlfriend like I was dating her but like "haaaay girl let's go shopiin" kind of friend ) and now my second worst nightmare happened (my first was that they kick me out of the house and never let me in again) my mom sent me to therapy thinking that im "too young" or that "your just confused about myself" well I'm not .i started questioning myself two years ago and now I'm pretty convinced that I like men. Anyways she canceled therapy caus it was stupidly expensive. Anyway my mom learned I had suicidal thoughts and instead of comforting me and convincing me nicley not to she said " people who kill themselves are stupid", "don't have stupid thoughts". And now today it's like they forgot about it and my brother is introducing me to 'music' (rap,hip hop all that stuff talking about drugs gang etc stuff that 'straight people listen to') and now I don't like talking when I'm at home and whenever my mom is away I had my comfort zone wich is pretty much why I enjoy time with friends more than "family time". (Anyway I would continue on but I'll be off topic)  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:09 pm
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Irie_Naoki_19
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Irie_Naoki_19
wel it was more of an accident caus I never plan on telling them. I had the lowest grades I was distracted by fear caus my mom is deeply rreligeous that "I'm going to burn in hell" all that. Stuff bla bla bla. My brother asked me and I was in his car traped wanted to open it and jump off on the streets and I couldn't say any excuse caus Iv been having low grades heck I said almost every excuse I could've said to hide my 'secret ' to spill: "I'm too lazy" "homework is too hard", "I have trouble focusing", etc. and he was very serious and wanted to know what. Was REALYgoing on. Before I said the words I was crying the most tears iv ever experienced. He shook his hood and asked my if I even knew what "gay" means. He was talking and talking and I wasn't really listening then I heard "you do know this is going to be a problem with our religion!?". And he was very strict about gays that he makes faces whenever two men hold hands across the street etc. then he forced me to tell my mom. Same scene. She try to convince me that I was "straight" cause she saw my Facebook and noticed a picture if me sming with a girl (my friend) hugging me. Well that was one of my girlfriends (not girlfriend like I was dating her but like "haaaay girl let's go shopiin" kind of friend ) and now my second worst nightmare happened (my first was that they kick me out of the house and never let me in again) my mom sent me to therapy thinking that im "too young" or that "your just confused about myself" well I'm not .i started questioning myself two years ago and now I'm pretty convinced that I like men. Anyways she canceled therapy caus it was stupidly expensive. Anyway my mom learned I had suicidal thoughts and instead of comforting me and convincing me nicley not to she said " people who kill themselves are stupid", "don't have stupid thoughts". And now today it's like they forgot about it and my brother is introducing me to 'music' (rap,hip hop all that stuff talking about drugs gang etc stuff that 'straight people listen to') and now I don't like talking when I'm at home and whenever my mom is away I had my comfort zone wich is pretty much why I enjoy time with friends more than "family time". (Anyway I would continue on but I'll be off topic)
awe your family will come around eventually if they havent already.  

Kalona Ayeliski

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 pm
Irie_Naoki_19
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Irie_Naoki_19
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Irie_Naoki_19
awe what happen
awe your family will come around eventually if they havent already.
i Hope ._. But I have another brother he's the oldest (26 years old) idk how but I felt like he knew away before I came out.
One time my brother (the one I mentioned he's 21 his name is Kevin) anyway Kevin and cousins were talking I was in the room. Then all of a sudden I hear "hey Sergio" (cousin) " I heard Adam lambert is a queer too you two should meet" they all burst into laughter (my cousin isn't gay in the most obvious ways) when I heard that I felt mocked and i exit and walked to my room laying in the bed then my brother (the one that's 26) came ask me if I'm ok. I lied and said yes. Then he said "I know your lying". "and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Your my brother,i love you, and want you to be the one to tell me". And today I still remember the words: 'I want you to be the one to tell me' I have no idea how he knew. Anyway he's the only one who isn't that rreligeous , and is very understanding at the same time in my family and is the only one I know will really accept me without question ._.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 am
Thirteen! I hadn't really thought about it before then, but when I was that age I got my first major crush on a girl. She was one of those girls nobody likes, but she didn't care, just did her own thing. I was her only friend. One night, it was almost 3 in the morning, and I was struggling to keep my eyes open, because I wanted to enjoy every second with her - even though she was just playing video games next to me in the bed. That's when it hit me - all of a sudden, I was overcome with the realization that I was feeling something I should have only be feeling for guys. It was scary at first, but i eventually came to see it as just a wonderful part of me (:  

Bliss Diva

Maikus

Man-Hungry Bunny

10,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:35 am
I was about 10.

At first someone asked me if I was gay in my class as a joke. They then told me to say yes, because I didn't know what it meant. So I did. Then they told me what it meant and I said no, but I was questioning it in my head.

A few months after my friend told me about hotmail. This was the earlier days of hotmail when it was just sorta becoming popular. So i decided to check it out. Mind you, I was 10 years old and I thought she meant hotmale not hotmail, so when a bunch of naked guys popped up on my computer, you could imagine how surprised I was.

Then my body reacted and I knew I was different.

I didn't come out until I was 14 15 ish. I was actually dating a girl when I came out. Now she and I are best friends.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff