Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
La Souffrance Éternelle - "Victorian" Horror - A/O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which should be the title for this roleplay?
  Hunter and Prey
  La Souffrance Éternelle
View Results

ScuroFenice

Divine Nymph

14,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:27 pm
Iradesca
((COUGH!))

((rofl, so sorry I haven't been posting either, It was Spring Break last week and I was spending time with my gparents and dad and his family smile anyways, I shall post now for your enjoyment))

Ariana caught the looks on both their faces; Neill seemed flustered and very nervous, unsure of what to do and judging from his stance and manner of clothes, he hadn't had much experience in fighting. Arin on the other hand looked skilled. She was in a relaxed, but alert position, the dagger in her hand held loosely. She nodded to the other female, seeing that she was unsure if being in a big group was good or not.

"Don't worry, my entire profession is based mainly on stealth so I will barely make any noises if that's what you're worried about." She said, keeping her voice down, "Now what is this plan you have?" Twirling the dagger slowly in her hand, Ariana looked around the area they were in, noticing slight details such as how much dust had collected on the tops of the tables. Judging from that, this hallway must be frequented regularly because she didn't see a speck. Either that or the servants were very good at their job of maintaining such a large household. Being in the open like this and teaming up made her nervous also; she was used to working solo and hiding in the shadows, but with the situation of being hunted down, she would have to deal with it for now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm
You wanna fight? Then bring it on!

User Image
~Arin Decoorum~

User Image
Outfit for Jobs and Fighting

Arin smiled. A fellow practitioner of the perilous profession, huh? That would come in handy. Glancing up and down the hall, she motioned for them to follow her and returned to the cloakroom, closing the door as they all made it in. She began searching through the clothes as she started to speak, picking a few articles and piling them on the floor. "So, here's what I've thought of. Let me know if you guys have any problems or a better idea. Here we go: We disguise ourselves as best we can as servants and slip into their midst. They have to leave the castle every now and then to get supplies, so we could join whoever is going out. We might have to wait a while for that though, so I hope you guys are good at acting the part of a servant. Once we're out, we can see about getting someone to help us get everyone else out. I doubt anyone's going to believe anything bad about the Duke though." Arin finally finished going through the clothes and began separating her pickings into outfits. "So that's what I've got. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. what do you guys think?"
User Image
Once I'm through, you'll see I've won.

((Haha! I understand. I was on Spring Break too.))  

Iradesca

ScuroFenice

Divine Nymph

14,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:04 pm
Ariana folded her arms, thinking hard about the plan. A few minutes later, she nodded. "I think that's a good plan, but how are we going to disguise our faces, the servants must know what we look like, plus there's the possibility that they have a specific number of people so if there are three extras they'll start getting suspicious. I'm afraid that will have to be a risk we are willing to take, but we'll have to be extremely cautious about this, who knows what threats the Duke has unleashed especially since we have personally wronged him...." The girl absently placed a hand in the small pouch on her belt and rubbed a finger over the signet ring she kept with her at all times. Maybe that ring was too much of a hassle than she expected.

((anyways, last post for tonight, lol we need to get everyone to start posting again))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:08 pm
((I was waiting on Scuro ^^ Nice to see you back. I'll post later on, not sure if I can do it tonight. I'm a little busy.))  

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Iradesca

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

User Image
~Arin Decoorum~

User Image

Arin was digging through one of her bags as she listened to Ariana's worries. "That's where these come in." She said, smiling as she held up several jars filled with powders and creams. "I hope you enjoy a good makeover."
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:05 am
Neill was rather surprised by Arin claiming the Duke was not human. The man sure looked like one, how could he not be? His thoughts were distracted from that when Arin mentione an escape plan. That was something they were in dire need of right now. Costumes though... Guess he knew how to dress up, but what on earth could she be thinking?

Ariana went on to mention her profession, and how it related to stealth. Seriously, what did these people do for a living, how could that be normal for anyone? Neill lifted one gloved hand to rub his temples. It was going to be a long night.

The male looked up when Arin beckoned for them to follow her, wherever she might be going. He was not going to hesitate, he could not really concentrate on what was a good idea or not right now. The main options seemed to eiter hide or follow these knife carrying girls.

They came to a cloakroom and Neill tried his best to see the different clothing available in the dark. It was a sizable room and there were clothing racks standing around, he hoped not to walk into any. Neill looked toward Arin when she spoke up, barely recognizing her dark silhoutte against the walls of the room.

Her idea was something at least, but wouldn't they... And then Ariana clearly brought up his own concerns. He could only nod in agreement. She did add that was a risk they would have to take... Neill sighed quietly. "Wait, wronged him? The Duke?" He raised his voice suddenly and turned to Ariana. Was this was they were in trouble? Neill had never met the man before, had he ended up in some vicious game because of.... whoever these armed-to-the-teeth women were?

Neill ignored the fact that they wanted him, a rather well established gentleman and noble, to dress like a servant and wear make up - the thought that he was in this because of what misery others had caused the Duke was bothering him greatly.

((Well, my somewhat-normal-person is so out of his element xP))  

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

ScuroFenice

Divine Nymph

14,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:55 pm
((going to post tomorrow, sorry Cake for not posting for a while, my computer broke over Spring Break stare ))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 am
((No worries ^^ I understand. Personally, my computer breaking would be the most nightmarish time of my life.))  

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

ScuroFenice

Divine Nymph

14,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:45 pm
((Alright, posting for tonight, got half an hour before the library closes, lol))

Ariana stared at the makeup, then Arin, then back at the makeup, an incredulous look on her face.

"You are crazy." She said, clenching her teeth shut, stubborn. She had rarely if ever worn any kind of makeup and now Arin was suggesting they do their faces to the point of no recognition at all.

She started pacing slowly back and forth, but not finding any alternatives, finally sighed and closed her eyes. "Fine, do it.....should I just kneel on the floor or stand so you can put it on?" She was not happy about this, but there really was no other way.

When Neill spoke, a slight blush of embarrassment colored the girl's cheeks. "Yes, wronged......I...umm, stole something from him for a contractor but no one knew I had kept it, how he found out baffles me." Biting her lip, she looked around the room, her eyesight a little better than the other because of long periods sneaking around in the dark. She tried looking for something that would cast a soft light, but not be seen from outside the room. Spying the shape of some candles in a stand to her right, she turned towards them and searched for something to light them with.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 pm

User Image
~Arin Decoorum~

User Image

"Whatever way you're more comfortable with. Although our comfort doesn't seem to matter anymore." Arin looked up when she heard Ariana explain what she had done to become part of the game. "I'm not sure how, but I think the Duke may have figured out that I posed as the Duchess once in order to complete a job I took from one of his enemies. I had thought I had gotten away with it, but I guess not." She watched Ariana's dim form move about. Arin's eyes weren't completely adjusted to the darkness yet, but she was beginning to make out shapes. It usually didn't take her long. A few night-hunts and the odd job had helped her in that area. She could tell that Ariana had found some candles, and turned back to her bag, feeling about inside it. "Here." She withdrew her hand and presented it to Ariana, holding out a handful of matches.
User Image

((I just realized how similar our character's names are: Arin Decoorum, and Ariana Lacorum. How'd that work out?))  

Iradesca

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:55 am
And so both of them admitted to having, apparently, taken criminal activity against the Duke. Neill felt even more uncomfortable, threatened even. He was working with contracted thieves and whatnot, trying to evade capture. If the Duke did not stop them, the police would. The proper authorities were the preferred alternative, since the Duke seemed more keen on carrying out a personal vendetta than justice. What could he do? He was in a pit of vile criminals with no apparent way out, nothing here made sense, this was not even close to the world he lived in on the outside.

'Oh woe is me.' Neill thought in misery as he leaned his back against a nearby wall. He slowly slid down it till he was sitting on the floor, eyes downcast and mind clouded. There was a sting of pain on his forehead, all this being quite overwhelming. Was there any more surprises? Could the evening get any worse than it had?

((Quick, the first person to say "You copied me D<" will get the upper hand! Lol, but I did notice that earlier, having to write both their names in my post, and I was like... Well thats odd.))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:31 pm
((rofl, I was wondering if you had copied me but I guess it was unintentional...you aren't reading my mind are you? eek oh >: D and now time for a surprise))

Ariana gave Arin a quiet thanks and lit one of the matches, then placed the flame to the candle wicks, lighting them and giving them something to see by. Setting it on the corner of a nearby table, the girl looked for a chair to sit down on for the makeover, but there wasn't one in this room, so tuning to Arin, she realized they were both the same average height. "I'll stand then so you can do it better." She said grudgingly, the girl still didn't like it.
Hearing a slight shuffling sound behind her, Ariana noticed Neill had slid to the floor, looking shocked and incredulous. She herself felt the same way about this whole situation, but she had learned long ago to hide her feelings behind a mask. Contractors never like it when their hired hand developed feelings and their own opinions about a mission and gained a personal sense of right or wrong.
She was about to speak when she heard faint giggling outside the door. Suddenly wary, Ariana quickly blew out the candles and peeked out into the hallway, but didn't see anything. Then another giggle, sounding like a girl around eight or nine years old, further down made her slip her head back and silently close the door, her heart racing. It must be one of the inhabitants, the duke hadn't invited any young girls. Then she recalled the dinner before all of this started and the inhabitant who had been later than the others.
"Well, the hunt has begun, we need to get out of this room and finish up somewhere else." Ariana whispered.

Clarity laughed, skipping down the hallway happily, her guardian silently walkng along behind her, his head turning back and forth, searching for any threats.
"I swear I saw some of them near here." The girl said, folding her arms thoughtfully and frowning in concentration. "I'm bored, I want someone to play with me..." She pouted, sticking out her bottom lip. Turning to Dallian, she smiled, her unnerving magenta eyes flashing excitedly. "Do you sense anyone?" The skeleton pointed farther down the hallway and nodded, but shrugged.
"But you don't know exactly where they are? That's a shame....oh well, at least this narrows the search." Giggling again, she began skipping in the direction her guardian had pointed.

((I thought it was high time a monster/inhabitant arrived, lol))  

ScuroFenice

Divine Nymph

14,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Iradesca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:43 pm

User Image
~Arin Decoorum~

User Image

Arin nodded and, as quickly and as quietly as she could, repacked her bag and stuffed in enough clothes for a disguise for each of them. A knife flashed in each hand as she prepared herself. She looked over at Neil, and handed him a knife. He would need more protection than he had with him.
User Image

((Alright! Time for some action. As for the mind reading . . . Maybe. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:23 am
Neill's head snapped up when he heard the giggling, and his worn expression gazed to the doorway before looking at Ariana, who seemed on top of the given situation. He was not sure how that noise meant the hunt had begun, or why they should hurry out because of it. That was the sound of a young girl, what potential threat could there be? Neill's imagination conjured up the image of the Duke as he took his first victim earlier that evening, and then replaced some kind of daughter figure in place of the man, doing the evil deed. Was there family involved, was there so much more after them than a single vile man?

Arin approached then, and Neill found his eyes meeting with the lady's smooth, completely revealed legs. A shamefully beautiful sight, he had to keep his mind out of the gutter here but was struggling. He looked up, only to witness the female offering him one of the knives. "... Are you serious?" Neill demanded, but hesitantly took it in hand. At least she had one less on her.

She really could not expect him to hurt, even to kill, someone, could she? He was a gentleman! Violence was out of the question, especially if their opposition was just a young girl. Neill frowned at the reflective metal of the blade, only to be met by his own miserable face. The coming night would likely become more than just a very miserable evening. Life changing and horrifying perhaps. Not something he was keen on.

Neill slowly stood up against the wall and sighed. He glanced at both of the girls and then the doorway. He would stay with them the best he could, they seemed to have been forced into the same group - dinner.

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

ScuroFenice

Divine Nymph

14,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:17 pm
((so sorry I have not responded, I will not be able to respond until this coming Monday sad ))  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff