Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Elite
Within These Walls ((Open 9/28/12)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:14 pm
((Moving on! XP I'll be the next monster until somebody kills it, or everyone escapes. =3 It's basically a death worm from Mongol folklore. I'm gonna just be monsters for a while, I think. I don't wanna drive at present. XD))
Tobias nodded and stalked out alone into the dirt pathway between the greenhouse and the next building. He sniffed the air for hints of decaying flesh, found nothing of the sort, and continued forward. While he waited for the others to file out after him, he began to map out the surrounding area, and search for the power station, if indeed there was one. He listened carefully, and heard what he thought to be running water. Sure enough, he rounded the next corner, and caught sight of a large water wheel. The gearworks were jammed, causing the water to slosh messily around the paddles in the wheel, splashing the muddy cobblestones around the station. Tobias motioned for the giant to wrench the wheel free. After a moment, the wheel was again turning. Tobias opened the door carefully, and gasped as a great lumbering shape collided with him, nearly knocking the door off its hinges as it passed him by. A gigantic worm emerged from the small housing, painting a blood-red stripe across the mud with its bodily juices. It gave a horrendous cry that could curdle blood, but still did not match the metaphysical screech of the Shadow. Eyes innumerable stared out at the travelers, and four mandibles stretched and opened to reveal a maw full of serrated teeth and multiple tongues. With a horrifyingly powerful thrust, it sent Tobias flying back toward the greenhouse, and glass could be heard shattering as the man's body collided with the old panes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:08 pm
((hey i'll fill in for monsters too. i got a few ideas. twisted ))

Araion followed a bit behind Tobias looking around them to see if anything was creeping then saw Tobias fly into the glass panes of the greenhouse. He turned to see the hideous, gigantic worm that sent Tobias flying. He immediately shot a few arrows into the worm, but it did not seem to faze it.

Atura walked out of the greenhouse as soon as Tobias slammed into it then saw the worm. She brought out her throwing knives but knew it was futile since Araion's arrows were not having any effect on the creature.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:09 pm
((Okay, who's still interested in this one? I can downsize it, if the need should arise. XP))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 pm
((Me. =D I've just been lazy lately. Playing games and stuff (Like Realm of the Mad God). Sorry.))

Daniel kept an eye out for any strange creatures like the undead wights from before as Tobias first climbed back atop the greenhouse and, when he failed to walk out first as he'd said he would thanks to a momentary lapse, walked ahead of the group. Guilt found its way to him but he pushed it aside and marched out, Shania and the others behind him. The outside was as dull yet intimidating as it had been before and the hairs of the back of his neck rose with suspicion. Then, all of a sudden, the man was flying over his head. He spared a quick glance behind him to see where the man had landed and saw that Shania was already rushing back to the greenhouse to check on him. Then he returned his gaze to the thing that had thrown him just as Araion fired off a few arrows. They seemed to have no effect, so Daniel braced his shield arm for the inevitable battle and rushed at the wormlike creature, swinging his longsword in from its left side.  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:38 pm
((I was starting to think no one liked this RP anymore. xD; ))

Eve dropped into a crouch as the worm burst from the building ahead. She heard glass shatter somewhere behind her as the worm tossed one of the group aside. Gritting her teeth, she pulled her sword free of it's sheath and ran at the creature, dodging and rolling to the side as it swung it's colossal head in a wide arc before her.
As soon as she regained her balance, she charged at the creature, sword held high. She grunted as she slashed downward viciously at the creature's middle area. To her surprise, her sword bounced off harmlessly. She raised her sword once more, but the creature slapped her to the side before she could swing. She slid sideways across the muddy ground, the blow to her side leaving her breathless.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:52 pm
The worm gave another of its cries, sounding almost mournful this time. Arrow and sword did little but irritate it, as its flesh was of a thick, rubbery substance. The first of the two combatants to charge at it did so with vicious sword strokes, and the burly male managed to pierce the worm's skin. It opened its massive and grotesque maw, and vomited a bloody substance onto the earth around it. Chips of bone and bits of flesh could be seen suspended in the soupy mixture. A pungent odor filled the air as the bile emitted some sort of noxious gas. Another of the creature's horrifying defensive measures. It gave one last roar, and launched its coiled form at a nearby humanoid female. It sensed a magical aura about her that the other travelers didn't possess.

Tobias grunted, and rolled off of the scattered shards of glass. A moment passed while he collected himself, and remembered what had happened. He snapped to attention as he realized the worm was toying with his allies. He remained still for a moment, and peered toward the power station, and made a startling discovery.  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Orcus Fieres
Crew

Aged Genius

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 pm
After a while of waiting around for his allies to spread about, Dæmon began to give a look about the greenhouse. It wasn't long into his little snooping that he heard the cries of battle and something of much more terrifying quality. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he was quick about following the noise. Once he finally reached everyone and noticed what seemed to be a rather angry monster on a rampage. He gave a look at a seemingly disoriented Tobias and yelled to him, "What is going on here? What is that?" Dæmon could not believe the size of the beast before him, he needed the reassurance of another to understand what it was. He wanted to hold firm that everything up to this point was explainable, but this was something else completely.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:53 pm
"T-Tobias!" Shania disliked the coldness of the ground as her bare feet slapped across it but concern for her newly gained ally kept the discomfort at bay as she ran to the fallen man. However, she stopped short of the broken shards of glass arrayed on the ground. "Are you okay?" She asked, clutching her flail close to her body. Hopefully his thick coat had protected him from any cuts.

Daniel had seen Eve's sword rebound off the strange worm's side and his own cut into the resilient hide, sinking in an inch or two. The thing could be killed! He pulled his blade free and prepared to deliver another such blow, but gagged at the horrid stench that the worm spewed from its mouth, the smell even stronger thanks to his proximity to the vomit. His stomach churned as he reeled away with one hand letting go of the longsword to clamp across his face, threatening to copy the beast and release what meager meal he'd had a only few hours before.  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 pm
The creature's body slammed into Eve as she approached for another attack. The force drove her to her knees and before she could recover, the worm's side landed on the lower half of her body. She screamed as she felt her bones bend and threaten to break under the bulk.
Feylan ran forward, a small hand axe held high, and began to chop and hack at the creature's body. After a few well-placed swings, he was able to penetrate the flesh. Dark blood seeped out and the worm reared in what could have been pain or anger.
While Feylan distracted the creature, Galiel dragged Eve from beneath the worm.
"Are you all right?!" he practically screamed, once he had brought her to safety. He felt her legs for broken bones.
"I... I think I'm okay," she gasped. "I don't think anything is broken."
Their heads jerked up as they heard Feylan scream. He was face-to-face with the worm, sword flashing in the dim light as he swung his sword in powerful arcs. The worm continued to come on, forcing him back. "For god's sake, help me!" he screamed.
"Don't go anywhere," Galiel directed before running again toward the creature. With a howl, he rushed the creature and thrust his sword deep into it's maw. The creature reared it's head and pushed itself forward in a powerful assault. Neither man could get away from the bulk and they thought for sure that they were done for. For reasons neither understood, the creature stopped just short of their position. It seemed to be straining to reach them, but could not move toward them.
The Galiel saw why. The creature was attached to the building! By some means that he didn't understand, the creature's flesh had been fused to the wall!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:44 am
The worm gave another series of its terrifying cries, and coiled itself into a spiral. With a disgustingly wet sound, it launched itself snakelike into the group once again, centering on the humanoid trying to draw its attention with sword strokes. It would swallow him first. Then it would swallow the burlier one protecting the girl. Then it would eat the girl, and absorb the magic attached to her. It was interrupted by yet another blade. This one pierced one of its alien mandibles, and foul-smelling blood began to pour. It was injured, though not life-threateningly so. The worm hissed and began writhing around, trying to wrench the blade from its mouth.

Tobias grunted in acknowledgement of the girl.
"The wall. It's grafted to the wall. Judging by how powerful its movements are...there must be more to the worm, under the earth. Someone or something must have fused a segment of it to the building to keep out intruders." He waited for his senses to sharpen somewhat as his head cleared and he regained his balance, and scanned the dank building for some sort of advantage. It was too dark to see much.
"If I could just toss a torch in there, I could see...." Tobias trailed off. "Hah! A torch! I think I have an idea," he whispered to the Dryad. "If the giant can get a grip on those jaws for but a moment, the rest of us can make use of that flimsy wooden framework above the stone half-wall around the generator."  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:31 pm
((Hun, I think you and I are on our own, here.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:22 pm
((I guess so... Do you want me to go ahead and write my part? Also, if we're the only ones doing it, what do we do with the other characters? @ o @))  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:32 pm
((Feed 'em to the Shadow! twisted We can leave Orcus alive, though I think Ty and Blue aren't interested in this one. They didn't seem too keen on it to start with. xd You, me, and Orcus can play the others as villains marked by the Shadow. mrgreen ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 pm
((Don't do it, I'm sorry. D= I'm lazy as usual, just send me a PM everyday until I post if I haven't already. XD))  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:37 pm
"And...then what?" Shania muttered quietly. Her hand went up to her ankh and she grasped it tightly. "Do you mean...to burn it?"

Although the horrid stench still hung in the air, Daniel was able to find a slight reprieve when Galiel stabbed into one of its mouths. The smell did not improve one bit but by holding his breath he found that it was easier to bear. He stepped back cautiously as the thing shook itself from side to side violently. It a way he felt bad for wishing to kill it. But it wanted to kill him, Shania, and everyone else near it, so it was a necessary act. He watched its writhing until a part of its body was near and its strange head was facing away from him before he swung his sword down in an overhead chop.  
Role-Playing--Elite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff