Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:41 am
Haeo

Gypsy heard what he said and what he didn't. She put the pieces together easily and gave a small nod as she looked up at him, "So you fixed it. You brought harmony to discord. And you did what no one else has been able to, fusing both halves of me together. But in return..." she frowned at him slightly, this time in slight confusion.

That confused frown should have told him that she knew something had happened to him so he wouldn't be able to keep it from her, "In return, something about it changed you as well. But on a deeper level... If I had to guess," she said softly, the tone of her voice showing that she was working at putting all of the pieces together without knowing how she was doing so, "If I had to guess at it, I'd say that opening yourself to doing what you did for me, opened something inside of you. You seem... More like a part of me," she shook her head in frustration, knowing that the words weren't coming out right.

"It's... A part of me still wishes for the childhood that I saw other children receiving. The desire for parents who watched over me, for a mother to hold me, a father to say he was proud of me, a lover to stick around and lay beside me. I know we both share that because we never received it. But something about helping me the way you did must have shown you that you aren't the only one to have that desire deep inside, kept locked away from everyone else so they won't see it," she finally got the right words out in a slightly hushed tone then looked down in embarrassment over the confession she'd made to him.

It was one of the few parts of herself that no one else knew about and dated back to her 'human' life. She'd been sold as a slave as a small child and had lived as one until she'd been Turned. Then she'd lived alone until she got kidnapped by Kaljire. Admittedly, she'd had him for a time, but he had still died and left her alone again.

She knew Ost's solitude probably better than he did. She'd known the sensation of solitude for over five thousand years, after all. She hadn't even had friends until Sebastet had brought Gypsy to her island, but even then she'd only had a very few of them.

At least Ost had been raised with care. Not by his mother, no, but by Hal with the friendly influences of Cynthia and others like her. Even Ash considered the half titan as a long time friend.

It was more than Gypsy'd had growing up. She didn't begrudge him any of it, though. If anything, she was glad his raising had been better than hers and hadn't left her as bitter over it as she was.

She knew they had both missed out on so much and knew exactly what they were lacking, though. That alone was yet another mark of the kind of bond they shared...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:34 am
Red Gypsy

Ost listened. She was right. Her guesses were very accurate. But, there were a few things that were still beyond words. They had much in common it seemed. But, they had faced different tragedies as well. Ost's father was fairly nearby but unreachable all the same. The life-speed of a titan was just so extremely slow that it was impossible to relate. Even someone with thousands of years of memories would not be able to match a creature of eons that had been living since before the first dawn of the world. To be of a completely different order than your own parent brought a strange kind of loss, a hurt that never peaked and never seemed to diminish but just continued on forever.

Gypsy's confession was something that a part of him treasured carefully and held deep inside him. That almost unintentional trust that had never been able to exist before was a wonder. Ost had too much racing through him that was new. While he felt a powerful pull toward deepening the connection between them he held it back in the hopes of understanding it better before making what could be a grave mistake. So, he sipped his coffee and tried to think of a way to balance her confession so that she wasn't quite so emotionally exposed. In spite of time and mutual acquaintances they were still mostly strangers. But there had to be something he could share that would help pull her out of the embarrassment.

There was something that he could share that was among his deepest secrets. As far as he knew, only the King himself knew where he had gone that time. Before becoming the guardian of the castle, over a hundred and fifty years ago, Ost had vanished for twenty years. Not a letter nor a sighting had reached the castle. Where he had gone and what had happened there were known to extremely few, never mind what he had been given.

Ost cleared his throat. "Did you know? I actually met my father once." Ost said without looking up. "He even recognized me... after... well." There just wasn't any point going there again. It was like a photon trying to get the attention of an elephant. Talking about it hurt because of what he had gained even more than what he had lost. He had learned the sound of the sorrow that such a being could bear. That song was one that he did not have the strength to sing. Suddenly he couldn't hold his mind back anymore and blurted quietly with a dim black edge to his voice. "A lover? Can I even do that?"

He had tried to keep it from his mind; but one of the things that hurt him the most about failing to protect all those children while he was gone was the reality that his own father had serious doubts about his misbegotten son's 'viability'. Titans, after all, do not reproduce in a way that is remotely similar to demons. The combination would have bad odds of even being able to try.

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:19 pm
Haeo

Gypsy heard the note of sadness and hurt in his voice when he mentioned his father and simply nodded, accepting the confession as he'd intended it to be. She sipped at her coffee as the silence stretched again, finding it to be more of a companionable silence than a strained one. She wasn't one for much conversation, after all, and knew that he wasn't either. It was something they could both accept in one another.

Then he voiced that question and she could hear the bitterness that filled it, knowing the feeling all too well. But even as she heard it, she realized that there was a potential solution for him.

While she'd been on the island, she'd had a very brief moment where Sebastet had communicated with her. It was about something she was supposed to tell Lareth about but they'd both agreed to leave it as a 'surprise' for him. However, she felt that telling Ost about it would go a long way to easing some of the bitterness he was feeling right now.

At least, she hoped so.

She offered him a small smile and waited until he looked up at her so that he could see it and the potential for hope for him in her eyes before she spoke on it, "There is hope for you, my friend... We'll be getting a visitor fairly soon from Vampire Island. I'm sure you remember Sebastet. Hal told me that you called her 'the kitty cat lady' when you met her. She taught you your first sword moves, I believe, and showed you how to move gracefully despite your size," she paused briefly to let him search his memory then continued.

"Long ago, she adopted a young girl, though those of us who knew of it kept it secret for both their protection for a long time. That girl will be coming to stay in the demon realm for a bit. She's all grown up now and more than a match for you, I think. In size as well as in personality. I taught her dagger when she was younger and has excelled beyond all my expectations of her.

"Her name is Layloo. Sebastet Turned her when she came of age to make the decision on it but her other heritage might surprise you a bit. She's half giant, half elf of some kind.

"If you're willing to give things a shot, to make an attempt in an arena unfamiliar to you, I'll gladly introduce you to her. You'd have to meet her anyway, I know, but I mention her to you now to show you that there is hope where you only see despair," she finished softly, hoping that he wouldn't shoot her down right off the bat.

She took another sip of her coffee to give him a moment then gave a shrug of one shoulder as she looked down into her mug, "I know I'm not ready for another relationship and may not be ready for one for a while longer, not after the way I lost Kal. But in you, I see an imbalance that I once had and have again. You're getting a taste of what that balance might be right now. I know you might not see it yet but you will in time.

"You feel very deeply, Ost, just as I do. Yet you aren't comfortable showing any of what you feel, just as I am. With Kal, I learned what it meant to feel love as well as to show it. You need that as well in order to find the balance you need. I know my kiss to your cheek threw you off a bit, left you wondering at the emotions it that action drew inside of you. I know that because I felt the same way once when a friend showed me the same emotional reaction. It took me a very long time to figure out what it left me feeling and even longer to find the balance I needed.

"What I showed you was affection. Something you aren't used to receiving. Get used to getting it from me from now on. Friends show affection for each other in many different ways. Some of them have shown it to you already, though you might have missed it. I've seen how Ash acts around you, for instance. Constantly patting you on the shoulder or ruffling your hair when he can reach it. Things like that are displays of affection.

"Like the way Cynthia always smiles when she sees you and touches your hand. It may seem like nothing to you, but it is her way of showing you that she cares for you.

"If I know Sebastet at all, she likely also tried to get you into pulling a few pranks while she was teaching you blade work and wrestling. Those things are her way of showing affection to someone younger. It's also the Hylarr way to raise their cubs. Wrestling and tussling with them, teaching them to pull pranks, teaching them their first moves with a blade and how to read a trail. Again, someone else showing you affection without you realizing it.

"No matter what happened with your meeting with your father, Hal is more your father than the titan ever was. I know that he shows you affection and offers you every bit of praise he can. You're as much a son to him as Tamlin is, in much the same way that Lareth is his son. Tamlin is his only son by blood. But that old demon raised both you and Lareth; one to be the king the demons needed, the other to be the man you are today.

"So please, Ost... Don't give up on finding the love and family you crave. Not like I have. I had to give up on that dream the day Kaljire died. Your dream is still possible and fully able to be realized. But only as long as you don't give up on it..." she finally stopped talking and took another sip of her coffee to ease the slight tightness in her throat.

This was the first time she'd spoken of Kaljire without any pain in her voice, the first time she'd been able to say his name fully. But what she'd said would help him figure out why she hadn't said much about the nursery upstairs and why it was now sealed shut. After all, with Kaljire dead, she wouldn't be able to have the children they'd planned on...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:04 pm
Red Gypsy

The silence was comfortable. The irony that followed was enough to bring a smile to Ost's face. Hope was what made it hurt. If he hadn't still had some hope of love, if not family, then it would have been much less of a problem. Though there were a number of things in this conversation that struck him as just being too funny, he did understand what Gypsy was going for. And, she did help. He felt better knowing that there would be yet another hybrid coming out of the woodwork soon.

"So, fire is telling ice to be patient?" He said with a sudden smirk, a totally foreign expression for his face. "And Aunt Gypsy is playing matchmaker now?" The way she was acting fit the profile of the ideal aunt. The title fit just too well to pass up. But, his smirk dimmed pretty quickly. "If I'm still figuring out affection is it really a good idea for me to think about courting?"

The wisecracks didn't stop him from remembering Sebastet and Hal from those times. They did help him cover the fullness of his feelings about the nursery and how much he actually understood. After all, 'Aunt' Gypsy had just gotten back out of bed. Reliving injuries is not a good way to recover from them.

"In any case, for it to be a serious relationship I would have to introduce her to my father. It wouldn't be proper otherwise." He said with a feigned supercilious air. "Of course it would take him a couple decades to notice us so that probably wouldn't work too well unless she turns out to be a fan of very... very well planned weddings."

Then he toned down the jokes and spoke seriously. "Giving up isn't the kind of thing that comes naturally to me. But, that doesn't mean that I'll plan on succeeding at something unlikely. And, unless your condition is a lot worse than I think it is, the same could be said for you. I have a lot less experience with all these feelings but... there are a couple things that I do know. Ice doesn't stop but never forgets and hardly ever actually moves on. Fire, on the other hand, changes as it needs to in order to keep going. Fire gives light and warmth to others without thinking of itself. Dwelling on the past, on what cannot be changed, and letting it dictate the present and future... those things don't suit a flame like you. Then again, I am still just a baby with big feet making icy messes on the floor. Who's to say I know anything at all, really." He shrugged and took a drink of his cooling coffee. There wasn't much left in his cup. Layloo huh.

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:06 pm
Haeo

Gypsy had already finished her coffee but didn't get up to refill it, knowing she wouldn't be able to. Still, she did offer him a small smile, "Once you meet Layloo, you'll understand. I really can't explain it better to you. Trying to explain her is like trying to explain all the colors of a demonic sunrise. The beauty of that one is just indescribable. It's the same with trying to explain or describe her fully. If I make the attempt, you'll only be looking for one part of her instead of being able to see the whole of her," she explained to him with a shrug of one shoulder then leaned forward to set her cup down on the stone coffee table.

As she leaned back in her chair, she also looked straight up and took in a slow deep breath before letting it out even slower, knowing she had to explain her own lack of hope to him so that he'd understand it. But that didn't make it any easier.

"For myself... it becomes complicated, Ost. I was given the chance to have children with one man. That was the condition of the deal I made. That nursery will never be used. That hope is gone and there's no getting it back," she explained what she could without giving details on her deal with Justice. Lareth knew of all of it, as did Hal, but no one else did. As far as everyone else was concerned, the story was put out that since Kaljire had brought out her demonic half, she was able to have his children because of that reason.

When she'd been Turned, over five thousand years ago, the vampire who'd done the deed had made certain that she'd never have children in the most painful way possible. Her life had also hardened her from ever really getting too close to anyone.

She was trying to change some of that with Ost, trying to open up with him and let him in, let him close. She just hoped that she didn't regret it in the end, as she did with Kaljire and so many others before him. Kal, she'd loved, and he was gone. The others, she'd let close, she'd opened herself up to the possibility of being friends, and they'd either died or betrayed her.

The only ones to survive being her friends were Sebastet, Cynthia, Ash, Lareth, and Hal. Layloo had simply declared Gypsy to be one of her aunts and demanded to know how to work daggers the same way Gypsy did. The girl was a force of nature that was impossible to stop once she was determined on a course.

But she knew the balance between Layloo and Ost would steady them both, as Kal had done for her and vice versa.

She reminded herself that she had to finish saying what she had to say, then she could let her mind wander, and refocused on the matter at hand as she lowered her eyes to look at him again, unable to hide the inner pain of what she'd lost when Kal had died but managing to show that she wasn't going to pine away over it.

"I will heal, though it will take some time to restore the energy that was taken from me. You've taken the first step to seeing to it that I do heal and have given me a gift that I know I can never repay. As for my other healing, that of my heart, it may take a bit longer. But I will make a deal with you, my friend. I'll try to find hope again if you won't give up yours. I'll help you with the affection stuff and learning how to relax like this more often. I understand that it's different when you stand as guardian, just as it's different when I'm outside of this tower. But there are still times out there when I relax. When you meet Layloo, there won't be a question for you, there might be a bit of hesitation but your heart will tell you what you need to know. The best I can tell you is to follow the advice of your heart instead of your mind," she told him softly then knew she had to give him something more, something only a few knew about.

But she couldn't help but give a small tender smile as she thought about it, "When I first met Kaljire he was playing at being a pirate with a crew of only women, all of whom thought he was brother thanks to a little mental manipulation on his part. The truth is that he kidnapped me and simply told me that we were going to get married once he had me on his ship. He was so cocky about it that it was hard to be mad at him. There was a life to him that felt almost contagious and made me want to live again at a point where that was hard to do. I'm not saying that I didn't make him work for my agreement but there was really no way I could tell him no. He showed me what it meant to live instead of going through the motions of it. I showed him how to ground himself and gave him the opportunity to make his brother proud of him.

"I really had no choice in marrying him. One look at that cocky grin of his and I was lost to it. He was a veritable imp and it was impossible to not fall in love with him. Others always managed to like him, no matter what he said or did. He was there when I made the deal that would allow us to have children. The joy on his face in that moment is indescribable. He insisted on getting started on the nursery immediately and even made most of the things up there himself..."

When she finished, she put a hand to her face and was surprised to find that a few bloody tears had rolled down her face. She hadn't even realized she'd been crying. But this time, it wasn't from pain, it was from remembering what she should have been of her time with him.

And, for the first time since Kal's death, she wanted someone to see what he'd done upstairs.

She got to her feet, having to hold onto the arm of the chair to stay there when the world spun for her, "I want to show it to you. I melted the key into the lock but I trust that you can break it so it can be opened," she said softly, hoping he'd understand that she needed to do this. Hal was the only other person to see inside that room but she needed to show it to Ost, even though she wasn't entirely certain why she needed to just yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:39 am
Kael Kinrath

User Image

All that's needed is a drop of....blood

Race: Demon. Mood: Bored/looking for something or someone fun. I am with: Myself, naturally My theme at the moment: Sail

In a small. dark room near the top of Gypsy's tower Kael yelled as he jerked awake. The Demon could not remember how he'd gotten into the tiny room, but from the dust on his clothes, he'd been there for some time.

Standing and stretching out his limbs, the usually cool and collected man felt a pang of fear. There was only one other time in his past that he'd lost consciousness and recollected nothing of the recent past. Wiping his forehead of a cold sweat, he tried leaving the room, but found the door to be locked.

"Hellfire!" He cursed as he kicked the door in anger. The wood shattered, making a loud crackling boom as the Demon Lord exited the temporary prison. Stepping into the dimly lit hallway, Kael noticed that he had a few new cuts and almost healed bruises, though there was no way to tell where they had come from.

Finding his way down the stairs, Kael tried to remember what had happened, but succeeded only in tripping himself and tumbling down into the room where Ost and Gypsy were currently speaking.

Red Gypsy

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:27 pm
Deviant Cannon

Red Gypsy

Ost had nothing to say. Gypsy was revealing so much all at once. It seemed almost like she'd been holding all this chained up inside, waiting for him to finally be receptive enough to hear it. He had just discovered his heart in a sense and now she was challenging him to trust it over his reason. Doing that while remaining guardian could be a challenge.

The fate of others who had let their hearts lead them too far while in king Lareth's service was a warning that Ost knew well. And, being the guardian of the castle meant that his duty had to come before anyone else, even someone he might come to love. Too many lives were on his shoulders. He understood more of the king's heart than he ever had before and he knew that Lareth would demand that he follow his heart on the one hand and that he would feel completely betrayed by the apparent swaying of his loyalty. The guardian knew that the king could not easily comprehend a person willing to put the most important person in the world behind their duty to another. That path could well be an ugly one. But, now was not the time for that worry. There was time yet before this lady would arrive and he would need every minute for...

The wards rippled. A teleport spell from that island. One person, female, hybrid. No threat. She was here... already. Well, so much for time to adjust. He stood up to do as Gypsy asked. At least there would be a few moments before this quiet interlude would be interrupted. It seemed that Gypsy needed to finish opening up and that shouldn't be disrupted except for an emergency...

A man tumbled loudly down the stairs in a decidedly ungraceful manner and fetched up against the floor like a discarded toy. Ost's expression fell and the energy in his left hand spiked to readiness. The eyes on the back of that hand glittered with something between boredom and malice as he prepared to summon his sword. Gypsy was in no shape to defend herself right now... if it was necessary. However, this particular intruder did not seem half as dangerous as a common house pet. Yet, for the first time as far back as he could remember, Ost wanted to draw. He wanted to strike. It was irrational and he wouldn't follow through with it but he was actually drawn to fight by annoyance for the first time. He also quietly wondered what would interrupt them next. After all, there seemed to be a waiting que.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:20 pm
Deviant Cannon

Haeo

Gypsy froze as she saw the door to the nursery crash open then watched as Kael managed to tumble himself down the stairs. For a brief moment, she was completely frozen as she looked from Kael up to the nursery door.

Her first words were from shock, she knew, but they did fit the situation a bit better, "Well... At least the door's open now..." she said in a small voice then finally wretched her attention from the shattered door back to Kael.

She frowned at him, vaguely remembering that the last time she'd seen him had been in Lareth's throne room. But she shook her head a bit and gave a small smile twisted with irony over the whole thing.

"You always know how to make an entrance Kael... Ost? Meet Kael, an old friend of mine and Lareth's. Kael? Meet Ost, fellow hybrid and current Guardian of Lareth's castle. No idea how you wound up in that particular room, or wound up there injured, but could you please get yourself off the floor and up to the room I loaned you so that you can patch yourself up? I'd do it but I'm really not feeling like myself today," she told the man on the floor after he'd groaned and attempted to sit himself up.

She waved a hand to Ost that attacking wasn't necessary and shook her head ruefully over the track her life had taken. Moments like this had become almost normal to her. Not that long ago, she'd have been ready to skewer Kael over his unorthodox entrance. Then again, that was Kael...

She turned to Ost and recognized a certain look to him that she'd picked up from watching him from afar and gave a small frown at him, "The wards tripped or rippled? It's either someone from the Elven realm or Sebastet's place. If it's the latter, she'll likely come here first. Give her a few. If it's the former, they'll deal with Hal or Lareth," she explained to him then turned back to Kael.

She gave a heavy sigh, not sure if she should sit back down or not. Then another dizzy spell moved through her and took her choice away, simply making her drop into the chair and running her hands over her braided hair then her face with a small laugh that was only slightly hysterical and likely needed no explanation.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:49 am
Kael Kinrath

User Image

Race: Demon. Mood: Confused, and mute. I am with: Myself, naturally My theme at the moment: Sail

Kael was still working on collecting himself from the floor, but he heard Gypsy well enough. Standing slowly, the Demon Lord unexpectedly morphed into his demonic self, losing the handsome and cocky human look. The form he took now was vaguely goat-like and his tattered clothing rippled into a robe adorned with feathers and fur.

His cloven hooves clacked on the floor as he tried to speak, but no sound issued from his throat. Kael clutched at his throat as if it was on fire and made a hacking noise as flames licked between his clenched teeth. Looking at Gypsy and Ost, the Demon had a look of bewilderment and fear. For the moment, at least, he had become a mute and could not utter a single word.

Layloo

Let's see about that....

User Image

At that instant, the door opened and a giant woman squeezed through the door frame. Layloo had made it to the tower quickly and entered in a rush. Once she was in the room, the Dhamphair sat on her heals in a squat and waved at Gypsy.

"Hey Gypsy, new people, what's wrong with the Goat? He looks like he swallowed lava! It's been a long time since I've been here but it looks like the more things change the more they stay the same." Layloo spoke swiftly, as she was known to do, and motioned for Gypsy to come closer.

"Where's Kal? I have some news that's absolutely wonderful and I want you both to hear it!" Layloo was also known to cut to the point if she was excited and the news she had was definitely exciting. Though, unbeknownst to her, the hybrid was in for some bad news as well.

Red Gypsy

Haeo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:33 am
Red Gypsy

Deviant Cannon

Ost managed to reduce his irritation and calm the magic in his hand by the time Gypsy laughed. Worry, of course, helped him rise beyond his own stress. He nodded to Kael, not knowing the rank of this demon, and was just about to sit back down when a very tall young woman burst in with a host of words that seemed to spill from her like the proverbial babbling brook. If this was who he thought she must be, and she fit the description, then Gypsy's plans for the guardian's future included some rapid and harsh adjustments.

And so, with a small bow of greeting to the newest arrival to their party and an inaudible sigh of resignation, Ost sat right back down and waited. He was in a room with a mute demon accustomed to speech, a giantess with only one speed and one of the most formidable swordswomen he had ever met... who could barely even stand. If only irony paid rent the whole kingdom could dispense with taxation and stay well funded indeed.

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:27 am
Deviant Cannon

Haeo

Silenced Nocturne

And things went from insane to downright ridiculous. Of course.

Now Kael went into his demonic form. And he couldn't speak.

She simply shook her head at him, "Try to go lay down for a bit Kael. Maybe meditate or something for a bit. See if you can get yourself back under control-" she started, once she managed to stop laughing of course.

But she had to stop when Layloo came in. At first, she simply waved the girl over to the couch, knowing full well she'd fit there easily. Hal had decorated the place with people of all sizes in mind, thankfully. After all, most demons had an alternate bodily form that could take on just about any size or shape.

She had to stop again when the poor girl mentioned Kal. Of course, she wouldn't know what had happened.

Just the mention of his name sent her eyes up to the broken nursery door then down to her lap before she could close her crimson eyes against the inner pain.

How to explain this to Layloo?

She supposed she should simply just do it but it turned out not to be that easy. Instead, she went with introductions first, "Layloo... The big guy is Ost, guardian of Lareth's castle and the only other demonic hybrid. The goat isn't usually a goat. He's usually Kael... And is hard to explain... Guys, this is Layloo. I'm guessing she's now Sebastet's representative here," the easy part over with, she now how had to get to the hard part...

"Kaljire..." she swallowed as her voice shook over his name then cleared her throat and tried again, "Kal.... He's not here anymore, Layloo... Let's just say he didn't duck when he needed to..." she said to her, hoping she'd understand it that way.

That phrase went back a long way with the two of them, though. Back to a fight Layloo had witnessed. Gypsy had been fighting a Hunter and he'd suffered a terminal case of permanent neck separation. The easiest way for Gypsy to explain what had happened was that 'he didn't duck when he needed to'... It seemed to become their way of saying that someone had died. Usually in a fairly nasty way...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:41 am
Kael Kinrath

User Image

Race: Demon. Mood: Confused, and mute. I am with: Myself, naturally My theme at the moment: Sail

Kael was still clutching his throat after Gypsy had finished laughing. He glared at her, hacking blue flames. Standing to his full demonic height, holding a hand to his throat, the Demon Lord of Contracts drew a bone coin from his robe and tossed it at Gypsy.

He then pointed in the air and his finger tip ignited. He used the Hellfire to write a message.

Warn the King! A Hunt is coming to Sebastet's island! The Church will kill everyone!

Layloo

Let's see about that....

User Image

"That's correct, Gypsy. I'm the new envoy between my mother's Island and the Demon Realm." Lalyoo said cheerfully, looking at Ost with a fetching smile and a wink. She was always had a way of winning the hearts of those around her. Even Lareth had warmed up to her the moment he'd met her when she'd first been adopted by Sebastet.

Layloo's face fell when she heard that phrase. She knew that Kal had treated Gypsy right and there was a real love between them. Moving from the couch, the Dhamphair knelt and hugged the hybrid.

"I'm sorry, Gypsy, I'm so sorry" A few tears fell, before there was a river of them. Layloo had always been one of the most empathetic denizen's of the world. She was always the first to offer a kind word and a shoulder to cry on. The fact that she had been away when whatever happened had happened made her emotions at this point all the stronger. It was one of a very few times that the giant girl really had nothing else to say.

Red Gypsy

Haeo

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:29 pm
Red Gypsy

Deviant Cannon

Hot Champion_of_justice

Ost did not know the meaning of the coin that Kael tossed at aunt Gypsy and he did not know how to comfort a weeping giantess but he knew the meaning of the hellfire message and opened his mouth immediately. This time it was not his titan heritage that he used but his demon bloodline's talent for song magic. He began to move his lips as though he were singing but no sound emerged. The song would be unheard by any but its intended recipient, King Lareth. While he sang he remained still, not moving at all aside from his mouth. The song did not last long and conveyed Ost's visual memory of the events from the moment that Kael pulled the coin from his robe until the message in hellfire was complete. A precisely accurate report. Though it was clearly ill-timed. The king was up to his neck in special projects. How would he respond to this latest urgent crisis. The guardian had no idea but he knew that the king would be angry... very angry.

With the critical matter of the message taken care of there was only the problem of the pair of broken hearts before him. One sobbing, one largely stoic, both women... even were he not intrinsically less attached to his emotions than most Ost would still be at an incredible dissadvantage. He was still male. So, he sat... and watched... and did everything he could to not interrupt a private moment that was occuring right in front of his currently less-mature-feeling self.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:25 pm
Wolfe Garm
We are the 2nd burmois Shock legion

Al'gaan Daruun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The ride to the tower wasn’t dull since he had to juggle Gypsy and her insistence on riding normally, though her pheromones telling him that the last thing he needed to do was give her free reign so keeping her as comfortable as he could afford to and still keep her relatively under control was a difficult task. Thankfully red was swift and their ride to the tower was relatively shorter than it might have been otherwise. Holding onto Gypsy he couldn’t help but sigh a little as he got off of red and just gave him a slight nod before getting to the door at the tower. Al’gaan wasn’t sure to ask about a key when he tried the door and found it locked, and in very good condition, he could simply force it open but he might have to seal that door after getting her inside, so destroying the only barrier keeping her in and everyone else out was out of the option. Juggling Gypsy slightly and getting a knee to the face for his trouble he growled slightly as he invoked living magic and opened the door with a little bit of work on his part, to say it had been a long time since he had to use living magic to pick a lock was an understatement and likely would leave him with a fair few questions he’d have to answer later. opening the door with one of his secondary hands he stepped in and closed it behind him before he would put her down before he received another jab from Gypsy. Stepping over to the stairs he glanced around for a moment before he relaxed certain that no one else was around and just turned around to look at Gypsy, the pheromones had gotten stronger since they came in and while he was able to resist, even his willpower was being pushed to it’s limits and would need to be swift about making sure she was taken care of before things got to the point where he’d be stuck there for a while, not fully grasping the seriousness of the situation it was that simple act of kindness that would catch him off guard and likely force him to seal the door locking himself in with her until such a time as things settled down.

Stepping over to Gypsy he finally spoke up “Alright let’s get you comfortable and resting, you don’t need to be up and about anymore than is necessary” Al’gaan wasn’t really going to wait for an answer since she was already more annoyed than he’d care for, though it was possible that most of her irritability was the result of her forced change and simply ushered her upstairs since he didn’t see any room downstairs that looked like a bedroom.

and we will crush you under our lightning swift attack!

Gypsy argued and protested the entire way up to the second floor, though it was mostly protesting with blows that proved how solid he actually was. She still managed to leave a few bruises in the process. At least she hadn't drawn a blade on him yet...

She got to her bedroom then moved into the bathroom and closed the door in his face, "I think I can handle it from here! You can leave at any time!" she called out through the door. She didn't lock the bathroom door, of course, but she did start the shower in the hopes of toning down the pheromones a bit with a shower. Maybe by the time she finished the shower he'd be gone.

Of course, he didn't leave...

Seemed to be a theme for her life these days...

That left him outside the bathroom as she stripped out of her leathers and showered, finally coming out wearing a robe. Her skin was certainly more golden by now, but the pheromones had been toned down a bit. While she'd been in there, he'd gotten the chance to look around the tower.

The second floor had her bedroom and bathroom; third floor had her office, the sealed nursery, and playroom; then the top of the tower was her own training area, complete with sparring circle. Everything had been decorated by Hal and the place was kept clean by a couple of castle staff specially chosen by Hal, mainly so that she never woke up with unexpected visitors in the bed...

She came downstairs to find that he'd taken over her kitchenette. She froze at the sight of him actually cooking on a stove she'd never used. She only used the kitchenette to make coffee and store blood packets. She didn't even know there was food to cook in there.

So she stood there in a bit of shock with her hair wet over one shoulder and wearing only a bathrobe, "Um... I didn't think you'd still be here...." she said softly.

Here in the tower, she was a little different than she was at the fort. Here, she had moments when she was a bit softer. Here, she wasn't constantly on guard. And here, she only wore one dagger instead of the full arsenal...

She glanced at the main door then back at him, clearly still not understanding why he was still here....

While she'd minimized the pheromones, she hadn't completely cut them off. Something she was clearly forgetting right now...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:28 pm
We are the 2nd burmois Shock legion

Red Gypsy

Al'gaan Daruun

Al’gaan glanced over his shoulder, his helmet was on his belt his four hands moving about cooking “oh? Thought it seemed obvious that I wasn’t going anywhere until you were taken care of first, or did you think slamming a door in my face would cause me to walk away with my tail between my legs” Al’gaan chuckled a bit and continued “hope you don’t mind but I needed to borrow your kitchen for a moment, it’s amazing that I still remember how to cook considering I’ve been at the Burmois garrison Fort for so long, I do need to visit my home sometime and make sure things are still in order there” grabbing a cup from a cabinet he poured something into it and looked at Gypsy and offered it to her “it doesn’t taste the best, but this blend should help” placing the cup on the counter he continued cooking “may seem odd but long ago back when a fair few incubus were a part of my legion, some of them had a similar reaction as you did, they nearly crippled the entire legion with those pheromones, thankfully my legion had some skilled medical physicians who knew their craft very well and concocted a brew to help minimize the effects of that pheromone, smelled horrible when they brewed it but it does help relieve the build up and make it easier on you to get through your change” turning around he smiled warmly and shook his head at her appearance and continued “after all too many people are counting on you, can’t have you out of action for too long, plus a meal to help keep your strength up will do you some good. You might be a hybrid but you still need to take care of both halves” changing his form he held his smile as he looked at her and couldn’t help but find her form alluring, though part of that had to do with the pheromones she was creating, he might have been able to resist the pheromones as a war demon, but that didn’t really change how he saw her.

Turning around to address the meal cooking on the stove he grabbed a plate as well as a glass and filled the plate with simple proteins she would like find palatable, as well as filled the glass with some blood that he’d warmed up a bit that was found in the refrigerator, and carried both to a table, before he returned to the stove and started cleaning up.

and we will crush you under our lightning swift attack!

Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff