Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)
Making it as we go Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 am
Githar was about to comment on the puppet show when something quietly buzzed on the inside of his hood. Pressing a finger to the side of it, he excused himself from the conversation with Jacob and Ma to answer what was apparently a call.

"Malos? Why are you calling at this hour, it's kind of odd for you to... Rusty? What's wrong with Rusty? Okay, that does sound like his body his malfunctioning a bit badly. Maybe one of the crystallic components have gone bad, or fractured or something. Sure, I'll come over right away, I'm positive we have replacement parts on hand, it's just going to take some time to repair whatever's going on."

Lightly double tapping the side of his head, Githar hanged up the call and returned his attention to the other two.

"Sorry fellas, but I have to go. Our mechanical friend Rusty's having some pretty bad problems, and I have to play service technician and get him working again. It's happened before... Where he just another regular device, it would wait, but I'm pretty sure he feels discomfort when this happens, so I'd better get going."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:42 pm
"He must appreciate that you care so much for his feelings," said Ma who thought that what he had just thought had come into fruition a bit quicker than he could conceive. "If Jacob leaves early enough, I'll come to help you move your merchandise. If not I'll see if you need help when I'm free tomorrow night."  

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 pm
Narrator: Thousands of years ago there was an evil sorcerer.

On the screen there was a translucent in places puppet of a male reaper with yellow eyes and blue robes, his looks not far off from Galantros mused the watching vampire even with the mean look though it needed an orange dot in the eyes, and as the man stalked about he approached a lamplight which was more like the ones in Barton than limbo normally has. The light faded slightly as the lamp took more center of the screen and the light source was made to appear to be coming from the lamp. Near the lamp was a bench and a trolley sign. It was a bust stop. Several people of various species, ages, and clothes of poor to rich stood under this lamp or on the bench. This reaper bent low and slinked closer and hid behind a trash can. Rather comically really as he was so much larger than it. The yellow eyed reaper puppet made what appeared to be an inhale and blowing motion. A glint of sharp silver, a knife, and all the lights blackened, rustling and screams were heard, a struggle.

The puppeteer brought out and expanded a puppet made to emulate a sudden flame burst once the sound started to die and the scene was dark again. First the yellow glow of the eyes appeared and then the lamp light flicked on slowly in that way that an electrical light can when not quite functioning properly. Only the reaper was seen under the light now with some things in his hand and the knife on the sidewalk with blood of all colors, no bodies. The puppet held up the feet dangling on the strings. Rainbow light covered him to symbolize the rainbow blood of reapers. It slowly faded away as he absorbed the blood and turned the rest to ash. From the corner of the building another youthful puppet hid.

The scene shifted to the outline an elegant house for the time. There was computers and the television was obviously an earlier model of itself. It consisted of a chandelier, a couple pieces of elegant furniture from another world to indicate wealth, a servant passed drinks. There were many guests, it was a party. A song was sung, the guests sang about their wonderful host while their host, the yellow eyed reaper sung of his secret bellow, which the guests couldn’t hear or ignored like they did in musicals. The puppet that had hid in the scene before was there and he began to sing to the guests about the host being the elusive murderer, but no one listened to him as if he was some drunk loon. What the guests couldn’t see, but the audience could was the basement bellow, in which there were feet trophies. The reaper parted from his guests and went bellow where he took the new feet and did a splendid taxonomist job on them while all above enjoyed the party.

As time passed the murderous reaper went back up to mingle with the guests. The youth saw the murderer come up and he moved down and saw the horror. He ran and left. The youth went to the police who didn’t believe him as the murderer was rich and an outstanding citizen. However the youth was able to get one officer to follow the murderer around. The officer witnessed the murder, but the yellow eyed reaper was gone before back up could arrive.
The authoritative force showed up at his home in massive force at twilight. When the murderer saw them, he tried to teleport, but couldn’t. He shot ice magic at the reapers, but still they came. He ran into his basement and managed to set up a front against them, but he was cornered in his basement. In a panic, he looked for a spell to give him immense power to escape being captured, thinking the one he was casting was giving him immortality. It instead cursed him, and the puppet shrank and vanished. It caused him immense pain and agony, making him roar, which made the police forces burst in.

They couldn't find him. One officer stepped near a desk where the murderer had been keeping his spell tomes... Claws reached from under the desk, and a gaping maw that swiftly removed the toes off the officer, leaving him screaming. When they looked under the desk, they only saw the orange glow of a floating eyeball that quickly vanished. Another stumbled to a nearby chair... he too lost his toes, just as some of his comrades where helping the other injured officer out of the place. Disturbed, and wondering if they'd find some new creature, they started overturning furniture. Eventually there was only a large walk in closet left, and night was starting to fall.

As an officer investigated the closet while the remaining covered him from nearby, they finally got a glimpse of the horrible Toe Eater. It pounced out of virtually thin air, coming out of the shadows, startling them, freezing them in terror as it tore into their feet, then dragged one of them into the shadows screaming. Realizing a little what was going on, and that the darkness was the monster's strength, the remaining few officers scrambled to get out of the very poorly lit house. The scene darkened.

Narrator: Toe Eater since then has been capturing victims throughout Limbo for over several thousand years, with no known way to stop him.

As the narrator said these last words, a bed appeared on the screen with the youth in bed and the eye of the toe eater underneath.

Ma Jianshen had been more enchanted by the mechanics and effects used than in the story itself. No real magic was used here, not even for the flames when so many performers in Limbo seemed to rely on magic for their performance as a general rule. He knew if he wanted to, he could dazzle an audience with his movements but in this case it would have only been because he was a vampire and his body allowed him to move impossibly fast or slow to most people. His body hadn't moved at all during the performance. He was so still one could easily forget he was next to them. He was like an animatronic whose eyes were the only thing that moved. Once the show was over the still statue moved and Ma said to Jacob, "That is the fairy tail creature that caused Tiamos to scream that Christmas? That was a fairy tail? Limbo's fairy tails are more like urban legends to me."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 pm
Jacob nodded, not noticing that the play was going into an intermission for a brief moment before starting another story involving Heegh's initial falling from good and the path he took from there on.

“Well, there's variations on the tale. Some versions of it are more dark and twisted, told to older reapers and people that want to be disturbed and frightened, or have a sense of paranoia when they're alone. That whole wanting a good scare thing. There's a more tamer version of it where it's not as detailed, and more censored for the younger crowds. It's changed a bit too, where he's just a phantom boogeyman, or a bad man that practiced dark magic and paid the price for it instead of being fleshed out as a serial killer. Tiamos probably didn't get to into details at the time because of Black being present at the time or something.”

Jacob also thought it was interesting that the people chose to depict the killer in a fashion that was eerily similar to Galantros somewhat, at least visually. Stories never really specified the exact look of the reaper, or they varied greatly from tale to tale. He almost wondered if there was some sort of statement in that, but didn't speak it aloud. There were still a few radicals here and there that were parnaoid or fearful of Galantros turning back into his massive demon form again and rampaging. Mentally, he shrugged. He would just chalk it up to coincidence for now unless it was proven otherwise No need to jump the gun.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 am
"That child has seen more real life horrors than someone of her nature should have. She's mischievousness at times yes, but it's not really hurtful or mean spirited and will back off if she realizes she's gone to far with it. I'd be surprised if this puppet show would have really frightened her or disturbed her beyond the slight resemblance to Galantros the villain had, but I've seen plenty of reapers who wear blue at least once in a while with yellow eyes. She might feel relieved for the violence of a fairy tail over real violence. She at least used to know the difference between a story and reality. Have you ever heard Rosemary read a Brother's Grim fairy tail to her? Many famous fairy tails are gruesome and she used to like them. Though I don't know if she does anymore. I try to give her her privacy. (In short: certain people baby her a little too much, without really saying it.)" All vampires have some form or small degree of being able to read ones surface thoughts of others without trying hard, though not at the level of a true teleparth turned vampire, but Ma Jianshen has been mostly blocking BlackMN's out.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:36 pm
As they observed the little play again, they watched as it told the story of the evil Heegh. While they had been conversing a little bit, they missed some of the beginning, like how he had killed a man trying to save his life, and gained a taste for blood that way. That led to the angel's eventual downfall. Now there was a dramatic scene with flashing lights where Heegh was being imprisoned in his dagger.

“The Brother's Grim fairy tails remind me of some old stories from my homeworld, ages ago, come to think of it.”

Heegh's dagger sat there for many passing of the sun and moon, a reflection of the time it spent being guarded by angels, until thieves stole it from them. The angels chased down the thieves, but the dagger was lost. It was later found again, by a black merchant member. The dagger whispered to the merchant, “Take me. Sell me. I'll bring you many coins, to buy food, drink, luxurious things and women with.” Lust and greed overcame the merchant, and restraints that held heegh in place in the dagger started to unravel and snap slightly.

That's when the unfortunate reaper (Eztli) came across it, a starving thief looking to fend for himself and his family. Food scarce, and money scarcer, he saw the blade. It sang to him in his head, “I am valuable, I am money and wealth. Take me, and never need or want ever again, never struggle or work another day in your life. Never go hungry, or go without fulfilling your wants or urges.” The temptation being too great, ragged thief took the dagger when the merchant's back was turned.

Dark thoughts filled reaper's mind then, as he was vulnerable then.... “Your family, they're holding you back, making you starve more. If only you could distance yourself from them, or even.... be rid of them somehow. They brought you into this world poor, starving, and tormented. It's all their fault anyway.”

A single red light shone on the reaper thief puppet as he heard this, trembling to show that he was being possessed....  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 pm
The vampire shielded his eyes from the strobe light effects of this one. He was liking this performance less than the other one already. "I hear that there are many similar worlds like mine, but in different dimensions. You were from one of those right? Would you say that your home was more advanced than mine 3000 years ago or would be more advanced today if it still existed? I think I mean its general timeline ahead of ours. I haven't really looked into it much and I don't know anything on the topic. Would I have had a doppelganger and exist in any of them too?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 pm
"Yes, I was from one of several different earth like planets, before it was made a dead world. It's hard to say how advanced my world would have become today, or to compare it to other worlds. Some advance very quickly in their technology and civilizations, other seem to go about it a bit more slowly. I think we were in a pseudo medieval-type time period compared to most worlds at the time, and were attempting to stamp out magic as much as possible.

As for doppelgangers, that's actually quite a possibility. You never know what species, gender, or whatever you'll be in another dimension or such though with all the variations. The odd thing about that is, some sort of force, whether cosmic or heavenly, *usually* keeps us from meeting ourselves. Though I've heard that Pyro has met a double once. I think some strange theory about Limbo being unique prevents it from having any alternate versions, but that might not extend to it's people. As in, the people could have doubles but in different worlds in other dimensions, instead of an alternate Limbo.

It's rather interesting and odd, I'll have to ask Pyro about it when I see him next. I seem to recall the story going that his double was a hybrid of reaper and human, with something about being on a planet with reversed gravity. Believe their world was hollowed out, and they lived on the inside? I'm not sure how it worked.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:36 pm
Ma Jianshen's face seemed to brighten up a little at what Jacob said at first and he turned his head away and continued to watch the tale, but his face shown that he was thinking about it too and then it lost it as he thought about it and became confused. "There being one Limbo makes perfect sense. There is one heaven and one hell. Their main portals of entry is in Limbo so there is one Limbo. On that same thought there should be only one Jiluzix if there is one Hell. I don't understand the other part you just said. How can one have a doppelganger that's a different gender or species? I can understand human mes instead of vampire mes or even a werecreature me because that is a chance encounter in ones lifetime and one isn't born that way... but a girl me or better yet a lizard girl me that is born that way and not considered human? How could that really be my double in another dimension even if our personalities and inerests somehow matched? I was thinking more along the lines of similar mes or a world in where Veni's brother is the one turned into a vampire and Veni died a long time ago. I don't see how a lizard girl or a half reaper for that matter can be a true doppelganger to me or Pyro."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:01 pm
"Well... okay, maybe not exactly doppelgangers, though on some worlds they're a bit moreso like you described. They wouldn't have all the drastic changes in one being, just maybe one or two major ones I think. It's more of a...

...well.. a "what if I was born as this?" type of scenario sometimes, instead of "what if this happened instead of that?", or "born here, instead of there?"

And then I think there's variations on the variations of doppels, as in, what if the doppelganger had a doppel, and they had one. It gets to a point where it doesn't match up with the "original" I would assume, but with some other ones it would moreso. I'm not an expert in this field."

Somewhere off behind the two unseen, at that point in time, a man that bore a very striking resemblence to Jacob walked by completely unnoticed. Were anyone to compare him to the Jacob Merak currently before Ma, they would find that this one had barely any form of magic ability, save for a longevity of life spell that was cast on him ages ago. That, and he had a bit of a handlebar moustache, and looked only slightly older.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:44 am
"I think I understand Merak bìxià," said Ma and he turned back to the show with the intent to watch it in silence.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:07 pm
At ths point in the story, the fallen Heegh had possessed the thief enough for him to horribly do away with his own family, further cementing his hold on the poor soul. The next scenes were guesses as to what may or may not have happened, as they were vague in the official history reports, but various murders were most likely, up until... 

... the first invasion. It was a slight montage of the thief's poor, slipping hold on his own body, as Heegh took over entirely and had corrupted his former prison into a vicious powerful weapon. By this time he had secluded himself into the void, and was stealing creatures and monstrosities from Hell underneath Lucifer's nose over the years. Not enough at first for him to notice, but enough for Heegh to amass a powerful army to attack Limbo with. 

Casualties were great, and even what had been little known to outsiders as an actual neighborhood city-state mass had fallen into the lake of lava beneath Limbo's floating lands, becoming the now popular fiery city it was known as. Heegh attacked several more times, before the appearance of a soul by the name of Inazuma. A soul that was not taken to the soul portals, but rather appeared in the middle of Limbo as a physical entity, but still very much with all of her soul energy intact. 

According to lost and old prophecy, and guidance from former souls and even soul guiders past, something like this was foreseen to happen. A new fallen angel to plunge Limbo into darkness of being attacked by monsters and demons. A single soul would bring the realm out of it somehow, and with the help of several local Limboians, this Inazuma managed to do just that... Even managing to persaude a great demon away from destroying an entire city... (Jacob smirked at this part of the story, knowing who the great demon was.) 

By this time, Heegh had summoned a few creatures known as Abominations out of Hell, to strengthen his foothold in Limbo. He planned on overtaking the realm in this invasion, however Inazuma managed to slay and send back these Abominations through pure will and the strength of Heaven's power on her side. Heegh was forcibly banished away, for a time. Inazuma, at the time a lost confused soul in Limbo, was guided back to her place of origin in her own homeworld, back to where her body was resting in a coma after a car crash. She might have thought it all a dream, if not for some momentos from friends. 

The second time Heegh invaded, it was worse. He was enraged at his setbacks, and he knew who Inazuma truly was by this point, even though she didn't. A former agent of Heaven herself, one lost to Heaven and one of the ones who was chiefly responsible for stopping his initial rampages before his imprisonment. Thoughts of revenge and conquest filled his mind and dark heart, and he invaded Inazuma's adoptive homeworld with his demonic minions, intent on harming everything she held dear. She was sent back to Limbo essentially, and with her friends help once again, was out on a mission to stop Heegh. Things were not going as smoothly this time however. Limbo had become a warzone as well, Heegh had stolen blatantly from Hell this time, and Lucifier had sent his own minions to Limbo to retrieve his stolen demons. 

Heegh starts out his next attack by sending a demonic mage imp to follow Inazuma's friends when they went to visit her in her own dimension. From there, the imp attacked her neighborhood. In the chaos, her parents reveal Inazuma's true history to everyone there, including Inazuma. She was in all actuality some other being that was accidentally captured in a homunculus meant for someone else. Inazuma lost her memory and was raised by her now discovered adoptive family. Knowing she needs to return to what she was before, they destroy her current shell, releasing her as the strange soul in a new shell, same as last time... again, ending up in Limbo.

Heegh is extremely vengeful and angry at this point, bringing the realm of Limbo under massive attack. The dimension was a warzone, and had only quickly built up his forces this time by outright blatantly stealing from Hell this time, gaining attention from the current master of Hell. Inazuma's friends met up with her in Limbo soon after, and did what they could to stop him, but things would be taking a dark turn.

(I'm realizing at this point, I'm not describing this very well as a puppet show but I don't care  Maybe i'll refine it later.) 

Inazuma had been incapactiated a while later by Heegh, and a dark ritual perofrmed on her body where her soul was absorbed into Heegh's body for power. This ends up making Inazuma at first think she's the incarnation of wind... then realize she's the incarnation, or elemental angel of lightning, with the angel of wind (Kaze) stuck in her own head. Kaze was imprisoned there for being a horrible trickster, and joining Heegh long ago in his rampages on humanity.

While Heegh ran his rampages on Limbo, Lucifer was attempting to not only recover all his minons at the time, but seemingly attempting to get back into Heaven. During this, the souls in Heegh finally manage to revolt. The thief's soul was tired of being constrained, and seeing that heegh was taking strength and time to restrict and absorb his and the other souls in the body, he saw opportunity to attack. He sacraficed nearly his entire essence to wrestle control away of the body away from Heegh. This caught Heegh off guard. However, Inazuma was too weak in the body at this time to take control, and without the other two to do so.... Only Kaze was left, who cut loose onto the realm of LImbo with his own brand of madness.

Everything was madness, Lucifer was making it into Heaven nearly, Heegh had almost taken over Limbo entirely, Inazuma's friends were mostly all broken and nearly defeated... Until strange forces went into effect, when “Enough was enough”. Many still speculate on what exactly happened to this day, but somehow Lucifer meant to get into Heaven and fail at it... it was his plan to just have someone else become the new Satan the entire time, perhaps knowing that some sort of cosmic or heavenly force would intercede somehow. Heegh is expelled from the former thief's body, as well as the other foreign souls. Heegh himself is cast into Hell. Inazuma gets restored to her position as the lightning angel. As for Kaze.... his position was left up in the air for the longest time, so to speak. Nobody knows what happened there.

But the story ends with Heegh. Somehow, Hell was in chaos without Lucifier, and Heegh over time clawed his way to the top. Now he was ruler of Hell, and this indeed is a frightening thing. Rumor has it that it didn't come easy for the former angel either, having to suffer many torments and punishments before he became the new ruler. This may have perhaps increased the cruel individual's cunning and taste of malevolence. As time went on, each new attack became less bold and brash, and more carefully thought out it seemed. To this day, Heegh is a very dangerous threat to Limbo and all living life.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:28 am
"My that was a bit less kid friendly," Ma commented on the more graphic deaths depicted in this show compared to the other one. The crowd began to scatter for other things and the tips were given. The vampire spoke low, but not so low as to hide what he was to say because he knew most creatures ignored everyone else's conversations when they were in a crowd as compared to isolated. Another vampire talented in listening to almost countless conversations at once might have listened in, but Ma doubted that. "The Abomination part... I'm a little confused as to how Heegh could have been powerful enough to convince them to do that before he became Satan... Do you know?" He of course was referring to Dieamos.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm
"Hmm, from what I understand and what my best guesses are, certain powerful magics and spells were involved, perhaps with promises made as well. Some of these may have affected certain ones only for a short time. This may have allowed one or two to have broken free from Heegh's hold, but still be under Lucifer's chains while maintaining free will while in Limbo.

"I think some of these magics were of the kind that give the users a temporary boost if I had to assume, or gave him enough strength to last for as long as he needed.

Anyway, in the case of a certain one, I think it may have affected them in a manner that confused and mixed them up a bit. Caused some severe disorientation, instead of putting the entirely under his control."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 pm
Ma would have found part of Jacob's explanation hard to believe if it hadn't indeed happened. Heegh was originally supposed to have been an angel of what he understood to be Rosemary's ranking, which is considered fairly low for some reason. He wasn't sure how an angel like that was allowed to gain such power.

As he thought on some of the names, he got out a piece of paper and drew traditional Chinese symbols and wrote Kaze, Fung (which is the cantonese way of saying it), and Wind under one and the other he wrote Inazuma, Din, and Lightning. "Did you know that Kaze and Inazuma are Japanese for wind and lightning? These symbols are used in both languages, but since their names are Japanese I shall call these symbols kanji. Kanji are just Chinese characters or hanzi. Rosemary must have been given Kaze's gifts, but no one really knows where Kaze is right. Does Rosemary even know how to do half of what Kaze was depicted to do? Also earlier I stated there to be one heaven and hell, so that would mean one angel and probably no doppelgangers for angels, does that mean she and Sephiroth are the only them?"  
Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games