Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Old Topics
Amy and Thistle's House ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm
((more passionate about games than RP emo good night.))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:07 pm
{{Kai!! Bad Kai. lol. I like both really well and can do both. wink And now I'm actually going to go to bed. If you post as Kaori at some point, I can respond whenever I get on again.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:13 am
((RPing was never really my forte. When I was younger in high school I tried it a couple times, but everyone just seemed to want to just want to fight and after a while I was just like, lol no. RPing didn't make a very good impression on me back then and I didn't attempt to start up again until I went into geezerville.))

*she took her cup of tea and sat down next to Amy. Kaori brought the cup close to her face and closed her eyes as she took in its scent before taking a sip*

Well he does like to travel. No, I don't think he'd go too far out of his way to try and make an impression on someone since he rarely cares much about what people think, but on the off chance he does care about someone he does become less predictable. As a person though, he has more weak points than strengths. He rarely ever shows up to work. He only does things if it entertains him to do so and he flirts with everyone. He is the bane of my existence sometimes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm
{{I'm glad you tried it again. smile I really like RPing with you, despite your sudden exits or long delays. wink We all have our issues with our own RP style. I don't like RPing fighting scenes that much, either. I'm not good at them b/c I'm always afraid I'm going to be godmodding if I type in my character punching someone. So in that case, my character looks like a wimp when they're fighting. I like dialogue sequences. smile }}

Amy smiled softly when Kaori said Kai had more weak points and started listing them off. "You're more like a little sister, I think, than a niece, Kaori. Of course you'd probably see him like that. By I definitely beg to differ. I get to see different sides of him. And he's so nice to everyone. I think it's important to find a guy who can be nice and sweet to everyone. The flirting... I've never seen him take it further than comments, except with me. Because of that, I think the flirting is humorous and cute. I do know some people who flirt with and intimately touch other people even though that person might be involved romantically with someone else. I have a big problem with that. Kai doesn't do things like that. He respects people and relationships far too much to do that."

Amy shook her head and laughed softly as she thought of Kai.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 pm
((I need time to plan my next epic post sometimes. Since Tes brought it up in the RP issues forum, I'll put my opinion there so we don't distract from the scene too much))

If he is anything, he is far too kind. He gets hurt easily by careless people, but the idiot just keeps on smiling. It's not my place to talk about his past, but every once in a while he lets a detail slip and I'm beginning to see the big picture of who he is. From what I've gathered, he used to be very quiet and modest and a bit serious. Until he fell in love with someone. I don't know the exact details, but it seems like his feelings were never returned and it changed him. He is nice to everyone, but also there is something else there. It's almost like he purposely keeps a safe distance from them as well. Like he is afraid to be drawn into people's lives.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:09 pm
{{Okey doke. I'll read it there. Good idea on posting it there. I probably just would have PMed you, but this way others can weigh in, too. Good idea. smile And I loved your post! Kaori is very insightful and Kai is getting more layers.}}

Amy propped her elbow on the top of the couch and leaned her cheek on her fist as she looked at Kaori and listened to her. When Kaori had finished and Amy thought about what the dark elf had said for awhile, she finally spoke.

"I didn't know he used to love someone. You know, the fact that he did and she or he didn't return his feelings actually sheds some more light on why he had never been in a relationship before, not a serious one, anyway. I mean, he said it was because he traveled a lot and was nervous to open up, but adding this to it just sheds another light on it. Poor Kai.... I want you to know that I am going to do the best to protect him, though. Even when we were just friends, I just wanted to shield him from all the bad in the world, you know? Like, he's too good and too happy to have to experience the bad of the world, even though I know he has. But when I'm around, I just want to do my best to shield him. It's difficult at times to do that, though, because he's also trying to protect me. I wish you could have been there at MW the one night that he defended me and warped me out of there. I have never seen him so serious or pissed off before. I'm sure you've seen that side of him before, but I hadn't. He was so ticked off at all of them and he was just protecting me every way he knew how. While it was so sweet and it meant so much to me, I also don't want him to have to experience that again if I can help it. I'm sure it will happen, but I want to try and keep him as happy and calm as I can for as long as I can. And I know he feels the same."

Amy grinned and pet Thistle's head, who was now happily seated between both Kaori and Amy. Hopefully Kaori had a couple hours free because they still needed to talk about what Amy had discovered from Miro.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:59 pm
((kai's turning into quite the onion.))

No, I don't imagine he would talk about it willingly especially since it never turned into a relationship. After all the walls he'd put up around himself, he's probably struggling to accept that he might not be able to take on the world all by himself and lean on someone else for support. I've heard him say "life is pain" before, but if he's found someone that makes him want to acknowledge and believe that there are still beautiful things in this world, then you have my blessing. I know somewhere deep down he has been waiting for someone to prove him wrong.

cat_confused *raises an eyebrow* Are you going senile? I was there that night. I remember because it's not everyday I get turned into a cat. I think the important thing is that this shows uncle is getting over what happened in his past whether he likes it or not. He values attention and social standing almost above everything else. If he was willing to give that up for you then his heart is starting to open up again.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 am
{{Yes he is. Good thing he doesn't smell like one. wink lol. Sorry I've been off and on. I'm just really busy this week getting ready for my party on Saturday! So I've only been able to make one post at a time whenever I've been on. Haven't even had time to make longer posts in my other RPs.}}

Amy nodded to what Kaori said and then sighed softly. "I just hope it is me that he's attracted to and wants to be with and not just the idea and desire of being in a relationship. He's never really said what it is about me that draws him in, which makes me a little nervous. I know guys aren't into all that type of talk, but in this case, it's important to me. I want to know that he's in this because of me, because of who I am and because I bring out traits in him that no one else does. That he's better because he's with me. I think that's what a relationship is about. You want to be with that person because of who they are and because you're better as a team than you are individually, that they bring out something in you that you can't achieve on your own. I want him to feel this way with me and not be with me because he wants to be in a relationship, you know? I brought this up to him one time, and he sort of touched on the subject. Ironically he commented on the event that happened at MW. He said that he proved to himself that he really did want to be with me because he wanted to protect me from everything and everyone at that moment. He said it just happened in him and he knew then that he wanted to be with me. But he still has never been able to say what it is about me that draws him in. So, I still have that small worry that he's in this because he wants to be in a relationship. Although... he did pick me and not any of the other women or men at MW that are single. I know that probably quite a few over there would have liked to have been with him. But still.... Ugh. I know, I'm rambling at this point. I'm sorry."

Then, she shook her head and laughed as she remembered Kaori as a kitten and referenced what she had said earlier. "Yeah, I guess you were there. I'm sorry, Kaori. I remembered holding a kitten, but because you're normally a dark elf, it just slipped that that kitten was you."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:42 am
Oooh. *looks to the side and shakes her head* I kind of know what he's after, but I'm not helping him with this. Relationship stuff is something uncle should deal with himself as a man. Even if he stumbles and falls, that conversation is something he needs to have with you. But I will tell you something interesting. He doesn't like the idea of being in a relationship at all. It completely goes against who he is a person. I've never seen him with the same girl twice. If he's keeping you around, there's something he can't get from the "casual" lovers he's had. I have my theories, but it's something he should say himself. For what he wants though. I don't really think that it could have been anyone. There is a reason it had to be you.

*gets irked about the memories of being a kitten dragged back up* I've been trying to forget that night. That one lady threatened to have me eaten. It would have been a horrible scene when I clawed my way out of a guards chest. *suddenly gets lost in thought* That sounds eerily similar to a scene in a movie, but I can't put my finger on it. I don't think it was about a cat though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:58 am
Amy's face soon broke out in a grin as she listened to Kaori explain some of her thoughts on the situation. Her heart warmed when she heard the petite dark elf say that there was something special about her to Kai since he had kept her around for awhile now. She hoped Kai would be okay with opening up a little more with her about this. Before they got even more serious, she wanted to make sure that it was her that Kai wanted and not just to be in a relationship. Kaori had helped ease some of Amy's worries, but she was also right. Kai should be the one to tell Amy the specifics. Kaori said that Kai didn't like the idea of being in a relationship, but he almost seemed like he wanted to when they had met again a few weeks ago at AS. But so much was going on that day that she could have misinterpreted Kai's desire for a relationship with anyone. After all, Kaori knew him best, and if she said that Kai didn't like the idea of being in a relationship, then she was probably right.

When Amy saw that Kaori was getting a little perturbed as she remembered being a kitten, Amy tried to wipe the grin off of her face, though it was pretty much a failed attempt.

"I wouldn't have let her eat you, Kaori, I promise. And I think Psy was just exaggerating to get her point across.... I think. Oh! And I think the movie you're thinking of is Space Balls, where the creature crawls out of that guy's chest in the restaurant. I love that movie... And you know, you are right, Kaori. Kai should be the one to answer these questions I have. I've asked him them before, but he didn't give me specifics. Perhaps he would now. Either way, you have helped ease some of my worries quite a bit. Thank you, Kaori."

Amy then squared her shoulders and shifted on the couch so that she was completely facing Kaori. "Okay, back to why I called you here. Kaori, Thistle and I ran into Miro the other day at Aqua Springs. Aqua Springs, which I call AS, is a place I use to co-own. Miro works there now. She's a dark elf as well. Well, she saw Thistle and started talking about how she had seen a few creatures like Thistle here in her own home world, only they were adults."

Amy reached forward and ran her hands through Thistle's mane as Thistle seemed to stare off into space, probably remembering that day.

"Well I want to travel there and find these creatures like Thistle. I want to see if they really are similar and if so, if they're related to Thistle. Miro said that only a dark elf could use this contraption she has to get back home, I think. She said that a dark elf from her home world would be even better, but I don't think Tes, Ryzan or Miro would be willing to travel there with me. Would... would you want to go there with me, Kaori?"  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:35 pm
Just be patient with uncle. He is smart, but not that bright. He still thinks reindeer are real. *rolls her eyes*

*remembers the movie* Where would you even find a top hat that would fit a kitten anyway? *giggles*

*she starts feeling a bit dismissive when Amy starts talking about other dark elves, but when she mentions going to another world, her eyes start getting big and finally when Amy says there are big horses like Thistle she just can't contain herself any longer.* Zu'ufen fonii kotingrah! emotion_kirakira *gets taken aback* But I don't know how to operate such a device. If I did I would have already went myself to find a noble steed to ride into battle on. You can count me in. I just don't know of how much use I could be.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:13 pm
{{Sorry! Gaia has been messing up for me. It's really slow and I couldn't get on for awhile.}}

Amy had nodded and smiled when Kaori said to give Kai some time and be patient. It was hard to, though, when you were nervous about getting deeper into a relationship because you weren't sure that both parties were in it for the right reasons. But with what Kaori said today, Amy felt like she could spare some more time for Kai and worry less. His own actions recently had instilled some confidence within Amy about their relationship as well.

When Kaori said that she would go with her, Amy grinned brightly and hugged her tightly, careful not to squish Thistle in between them. "Oh thank you, Kaori! I'm not sure these creatures would let you ride them or that it would be safe, but I guess we'll find out! I'm sure Miro will help us out with operating the device. I can't wait to go! We'll have to tell Kai and then we can leave right away if it's okay with you and works with your schedule. I don't think Kai should come with us because his body's reaction to magic being cast at him or nearby him has been bad."

Thistle was squeaking with excitement and gratitude as well. She nuzzled Kaori's side. "Thank you!"  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 pm
*giggles when she is suddenly embraced and hugs Amy back* It's my pleasure. The precious magical things in the world need to stick together. And if I go the party will have a strong leader.

*she gets a mischievous grin* Can't we just not tell uncle about this. It would be a worthwhile experiment to see what he would do if we all just suddenly vanished. cat_blaugh *she gets a slightly concerned look on her face* If I understand everything correctly, magic seems to run afoul around him because the magic within him is desperately trying to break free of the seal and attempts to reach out to nearby sources of magic. If the seal were gone then his magic would be able to flow freely again, but the way he makes it sound sometimes, the cure might be worse than the disease. It's his choice how he decides to handle this problem, but with so much magic around him it might be safer to release the seals under circumstances we can control.

*let's go of Amy and starts running her fingers through Thistle's mane* Of course my lovely Thistle. This is to see if we can find some of your family and I'd do anything I can to help you.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:01 am
{{Yay! Thank you for posting. smile I didn't know you had until right now. lol}}

Amy hugged Kaori a few moments more before she released her, sat back a little, and beamed at her. "Well, yes, we could use all the strong help we can get."

She wasn't sure 'leader' would constitute what Kaori would be. She wasn't sure their group needed a leader, but being a dark elf, she might understand the magic and atmosphere in that world better than Amy would.

When Kaori asked if they could not tell Kai and she got a mischievous look on her face, Amy smirked and shook her head. "No, Kaori. We can't just leave without telling Kai. I wouldn't do that to him. We need to tell him. He might fight with us about being left behind, but we still need to tell him what we're doing."

Amy had listened carefully as Kaori explained what might be causing magic that was cast around Kai to go haywire and then nodded after she thought about it. "You know, that makes a lot of sense. It makes perfect sense, actually. You seem totally knowledgeable and in control of your magic. So to have it react like it did this last time was weird. We blamed karma for that one, but it was probably due to being around Kai and his seals, like you just mentioned. I know my own magic has been having weird side effects when it's around Kai. I have actually created some potions, charms and scrying crystals to put around Kai so that if his magic does go haywire, it will be trapped in and won't hurt anyone else. That's why he doesn't want to try releasing his seals with anyone else around. He doesn't want anyone to get hurt. Well, with what I've created and with your prowess in magic, we should both be able to be there and be just fine."

"But, before we worry about all this, we should focus on going to the other world first and getting that out of the way.... Unless you think Kai should break the seals first so he can come with us. But that's assuming he'd even be used to having magic again so soon after releasing the seals. What do you think we should do first?"

While Amy waited to see what Kaori would say, she smiled as she watched Kaori and Thistle interact. They were both so cute.

Thistle whinnied happily and curled up on top of Kaori's lap. Well, with Kaori being so small, it was more like Thistle was lying over the top of Kaori's lap. She made sure to be careful and not crush her, though.

"Yay! I like you." Kaori's word's made Thistle very, very happy.

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:22 pm
*she leaned to get comfortable on the couch. She enjoyed talking about magic with others who were well versed on the subject.* I am in perfect control of my magic. I'm only limited by my clarity of thought and creativity. When unexpected effects happen, while it can be frustrating, I have to rule out that I am not at fault. I love magic. I couldn't even imagine going a day without it. I wouldn't even be the same person if it got taken away. If our control of magic started to slip even a little we could end up hurting ourselves and others with a misfired spell. Once I ruled myself out I studied uncle and his seals extensively and went to my teacher to show him my analysis and get his thoughts on it.

*she sips her tea before continuing* Uncle has no idea what really sleeps within him. The spirit sleeping in him, while it may have had origins based in darkness, it has not been tainted by any force yet. It's very pure and can easily be dyed in any color. It's uncle's own thoughts and beliefs that will decide what form the spirit will take when it is born. *a look of sadness crosses her face for a moment* I'm not sure what happened in his life to make him think this way, but he dislikes magic to a fault. He knows magic can create wonders in theory, but in practice he has almost entirely seen it being wielded as a weapon so I can't blame him for his belief even if I don't agree with it. Even though the spirit within him has done no wrong he only sees it as a monster and if it is released it will be tainted by the underlying hatred embedded in that thought and become a monster if it is released. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

As much as I hate to admit it, I can't do much to change his thinking on this since he won't seriously listen to me. I think you are the key to all this. He listens to you. When the seal is deactivated you will need to be his spiritual support and guide him back to us. Working together I'm sure we can change his fate and make him one whole person again. Now isn't the time though. I still have more research to do. I agree that we should focus on going to the other world first. I'm not sure what level of functionality uncle will have after he takes his new form. There are just too many unknowns. I can't travel, protect him and teach him about magic at the same time. Well I probably could, but it would take away from any enjoyment I'd get out of the trip. And we definitely shouldn't break the seal and leave him. He needs to be under close observation for a while after the procedure.

He may not like it, but for his own safety, uncle should stay behind. Once he adjusts to his power he can join us on our next trip.
cat_3nodding

*her train of thought got broken when Thistle curled up on her lap and she giggled* Hey, volohkey. I think I'll start finding excuses just to visit you. cat_whee *she turned her attention back to Amy.* I am prepared to leave anytime you're ready.  
Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff