Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[EXAM]The Hills are Alive[Yin] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:00 pm
Back down the Cliff!

Yin has two tunnels to travel through!

To pass through each, roll 1d10. If you roll odd you run into an Ant Lion and have to fight it off to get back down! Each Ant Lion only has 1 HP though.

They do 5 damage if you miss!

ramenli rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:01 pm
Yin scuttled through a tunnel. Then he heard a telltale sound. Kind of like an ant lion that had finished its piece of jerky.

HP: 5/40  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

ramenli rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 pm
He tried, he really did, but he simply had nothing left in him to give. His attack barely missed, but it missed, and the ant lion sunk its fangs into him, refusing to let go.

Yin HP: 0/40  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 pm
And then the Ant Lion died too.

Not really, but they could pretend, anyways.

It would take about three hours for the pair to be fully reformed at the train station, and even then Cricket was still a sickly purple undertone. Never the less, she had all her parts again, so that was fortunate. With that, however, she patted Yin on the head and sighed.

"Guess we have a while until the train comes again."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:10 pm
Yin got a head pat. He did not deserve it. He still looked just about on the verge of tears.

"I am so sorry Nurse Cricket."

It was really manly how his voice cracked.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:39 pm
Cricket shrugged. "You got the plant when I couldn't. That alone is enough for me. Albeit I shouldn't have been so irresponsible as to ask you to come out on a trek that was so..laden with potential horrors."

Like watching Momma Cricket dissipate.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:46 pm
It was not enough for Yin. He had watched her dissipate. Because of him.

And all for a...a....jacked plant. Yes, he had thought such a horrible word.

"I just want to be of use to you," he said quietly. "I...I would do it again, even knowing." But he would change things. Like...not dissipating Momma Cricket.

But if the plant had been so important that she had come out here when she was obviously ill...it really had to be that important. He clutched it to him, watching about, trying to be more aware even though there was a bit of time for the next train and the platform was not exactly busy.

Curiosity had him caught in its claws, wondering what could be so special about the plant, but he bit back the question, though every once in a while he would give the thing a puzzled look. It was not his place to question why she had done what she did, and for what purpose.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:17 pm
"You say 'of use' as though that's all you're good for." Cricket chastised lightly, patting Yin's head again before holding her hand out for him.

"Palm up." she said firmly. Certainly the train would be a while longer, but there were certain formalities she planned on getting out of the way first.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:24 pm
The idea that she regarded him as more than just...someone to be used, a tool, coupled with the fact that she was giving him another pat on the head...it did help. It flustered him slightly, and he was undeniably pleased. It was one of his biggest wishes that she noticed him and...she gave the impression that she did. He looked down, seeing as she held out her hand.

Confused but wordlessly he complied, free hand palm up.

Senpai Sensei Cricket was noticing him.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Seems like it's about time you furthered your studies a little bit further." Cricket noted, leaving the pin in his palm before she ruffled his hair again.

After that, she motioned for her bag. "I have something in there I need."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:36 pm
He should further his studies? No one could deny that much, that he needed to get better was clear.

Then there was a pin in his palm.

His face went positively crimson as he stared at it, barely able to even think as she ruffled his hair with her hand yet again. The slow whirings of his brain began to move along as he began reminding himself that no, she was not choosing him and that she had no idea what it normally would mean to him and...he was still crimson.

He was still staring when she motioned for her bag and with a startled jerk he put the pin in between his fingers so he could get to the bag under his arm to give to her.

At no point did he look up at her as he tried to get his brain functioning again. Nurse Cricket had just given him her pin. But it had to be like Miss Danny giving him hers...though they were not best friends? What was he supposed to do?

Maybe he should just give her his. "D-did you want mine?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:43 pm
"That is up to you, Yin." Cricket answered. "We professors give ours to students that meet our expectations so it is not required to 'trade' them in these instances." She continued to say as she went through her bag, eventually producing a stapled group of papers, flipping through them for a moment, before offering them to Yin.

"It might seem strange, but I feel like you may take this into consideration, given your current..situation."

Situation?

The papers were rather straight forward, though there were several pages..and likely to be some sort of legal fanangling involved with it. Blah blah blah blah guardianship blah blah blah adoption blah blah blah well being....

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:00 pm
Her confirmation that it was a thing for professors to give did calm him slightly. Having never had an exam before he was not sure what to expect, and was not well aware of this practice. Still, if it was his decision...there was no one that did not have his pin that he would want to have it more than the Nurse. This symbol, that he had met her expectations...he needed to show her some sign of respect, and it was the best he had to offer.

As she searched for whatever it was she wanted, he formed his Fear until a small pin was resting in his hand next to hers. "I would be honored if you would accept it," he murmured, still embarrassed. He was acting so mature.

User Image

Why reading, why?

She was giving him papers and...there looked to be several of them. He was confused...his situation? What situation? He cocked his head to one side, taking the papers from her and just...he was going to start reading now.

The words were hard. They were legal things, and it looked like there were places to write things and just...he tried to take it one word at a time, giving up on some words altogether, mouth opening wordlessly as he mouthed out a few things, trying to piece together what he was reading. Papers about...adoption? Did she think he needed to adopt someone or what situation...then he got to a section of "consent to adoption by adoptee" and...well things did not click, because there was no possible way...his head snapped up to stare at her in disbelief. Because somehow in the past day he had not had enough surprises. "You...do you wish," his eyes darted to the papers. Words were escaping him. "Me?" Disbelief was more than evident.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:03 pm
Cricket took the emblem and pinned it to her scarf neatly without a word. She wouldn't turn down a gift when it was given.

However, it seemed Yin was having a difficult time comprehending what it was she had handed him - or rather the idea of it. The papers made sense, but there was definite disbelief in him and she shrugged lightly. "I don't waste my time with jokes." she answered calmly. "So yes."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm
It would be very unseemly for Yin to faint, but he was probably the closest he had ever been without being whittled down to no health.

He had not thought it was a joke...but he was sure he had misunderstood the intention. Hearing that yes, these papers meant what he thought they meant...when it was so likely that he could have misread them...

"Can...can we look at these papers more on the ride home?" He felt utterly...embarrassed? Elated? Confused? "T-together?" That was the best way he could answer right now.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff