Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Gorillaz-styled Band RP? [NO MORE OPINIONS!!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 pm
But I like Re@léty Rowéz better. To me, it sounds like the conflict of a beautiful lie with the harsh truth which is basically what they're trying to get everyone to realize with their music.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:35 am
It's your rp Angel, do as you like. :3  

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 pm
Yea, I know, Zimbu, but I wanted to give my fellow roleplayers to have a chance in the roleplay making process to make them want to be apart of it even more, ya know? Plus, if I didn't start this whole debate thing over stuff for the roleplay, I'd never would have this great plot. It's all because of you wonderful people!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm
I'm probably going to sound like a stubborn and nitpicky b***h at this point, but Re@léty Rowéz doesn't really feel right either and I need to give some constructive criticism. Part of it seems to be your attachment to that é thing. Yeah, it can look cool and add flair, but it feels like a bit much on top of everything else. Sometimes less is more, you know? Look at Gorillaz themselves. They just swapped out the s for a z. Plus your message, which I really do like, kind of gets lost in my opinion. I suggest maybe toning down the letter swapping a bit and thinking about some advice my photography professor gave me. Say you're making portfolio of five images. You've got a whole bunch of images and you have a single theme you want your images to represent. You've chosen five pictures, one of which is your favorite or your best picture out of all the ones you've taken, but your set of five doesn't look right somehow. Sometimes you need to let go of that one really good picture for the sake of the set. It's kind of the same thing here. I think you're too attached to the letter swap thing and the band name comes off looking kind of harsh on the eyes and your message gets muddled. But this is just me, and like Zimbu said, it's your rp you can do what you want.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:55 pm
Well, I did combine a few ideas together, so it does look a little much entirely. How about one letter swap per word and no "Rowes/z". I found that using the "@" if you put the 'l' upper case it looks cool, but that's my opinion... I'm gonna switch between both, so you guys can compare and say which you like better. (I'm also very set of the "@" sign, so I'm not gonna give it up.)

New suggestions:
Re@Lity Roze - Re@lity Roze
Re@Lity Rosé - Re@lity Rosé

That's all the letter swapping I can do with only one swap per word... Unless you wanna use a "3" or "0", but that's overkill on the Internet likeness.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:02 pm
Re@Lity Roze. Somehow the capital L really makes it. Something about the z still feels off, but I can compromise there. So there is my vote.

(To be honest I really did like the Junkyardd Roze idea, but telle est la vie, such is life. *le shrug*)  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:14 pm
Both of them have something missing or too much to me and since again no one likes the 'é' thing which I believe may just make the oddness of having one swap in the "Rose" go away, I can't really combine the two... Let's look at it where there's no swapping in "Rose". I'll even add in the two together in the off chance that it may actually be liked (doubt it).

Re@Lity Rose - Re@lity Rose
Re@Lity Rozé - Re@lity Rozé  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 pm
Just explaining my reasons for not starting to make the roleplay yet: I'm not making the roleplay yet because of the name issue BECAUSE I was gonna make a design with the band name to use in setting the thing up, but since we're still trying to figure out the band name, I haven't gotten to work on the design.  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm
Everyone has given input. Those who havent need to do so. Were not even debating the name now. Were debating SPELLING. Every member ofmy family with musical talent facepalms.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm
I think we're all getting anxious to get this thing in gear, so I say no apostrophe over the e, capital L, and then just flip a coin or something for s vs. z. This thing has gone for six pages now just debating the band name, and more specifically like Zimbu said, the spelling. I'm kind of wondering if we couldn't have started with the band first coming together and all this debate being done in character. It might've somehow gone faster than this.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 pm
I also kinda wanted the title to be the band name... I'm sorry I actually wanted to hear your opinions before I made the roleplay, but AGAIN if I didn't do this then we'd have no really awesome plot. I'd just put toegther a generic stupid one that people would probably loose interest in. I'm officially done with hearing your opinions on the spelling of the band name. I'm going to do what you guys keep saying and do what I want since I'm the roleplay maker.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:31 pm
With that said, I'll make the roleplay tomorrow after church since I should really go to bed now, so I can wake up in time.  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:06 am
Just let us know when it's finished, then ^-^ I'm pretty excited for the potential in this one. I've been working on my character a bit.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:05 pm
Okay, so I haven't had ******** time to make the band logo thing. I have no paper or a pencil right now when I have ******** time. May be a little longer, guys...  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250