Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Restaurant and Lucky bar ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ Ɲɑʂʈɑʂʂɨɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image

User ImageSingle User Image Single

"He's not ugly, so don't say that!" were the first words out of Tanna's mouth before she could stop it and blushed faintly. It wasn't as if she had feeling for Shin, if anything he reminded her of a brother or a abandoned puppy that needed love and attention, but she couldn't stand for people to be belittled in front of her. Tassy focused more on what the older brother was implying than what he was saying and nodded. "We'll send an owl sometime tomorrow when we know he's sobered up." She sent a smile at Shin and gave him a hug. "Don't worry you will, and maybe I can play a bit of music for you." Hearing her twin speak about her craft reminded the other sister to fumble around looking for the rolled up paper and when she found it placed it back in his hands with a smile and another hug. "Keep up with that! Just because I'd be glad to make you another doesn't mean you should lose it all willy nilly." Tanna teasingly warned.

Ura the rainbow King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:27 pm
A Slytherin that hates people?
Oh THAT's a new idea...

User Image

####.....Shamus truly laughed at that. It did not sound good when he did it. He was so bad at it. "Hes so ugly it's sad. But if you see past that....I am happy for you. I'll wait for your mail. Good bye". He said. He pulled Shin up and left. Apperating as soon as he was out of sight. Shin had taken the picture

A Slytherin that hates Snakes and the color green?
Odd enough for You?
yukina101

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:10 am
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle felt like they had been wandering the streets of London for hours. Every time Ada said she knew exactly where they were going and every time they were once again in the wrong spot. Finally Michelle spotted the restaurant's sign and quickly dragged Olyvia and Ada inside before they could go off on another tangent in some odd and totally opposite direction. She was glad Ada wasn't mad at her and was once again joking around with her. She knew she worried people. It was a bad habit she couldn't break. She looked around the restaurant and nodded her head. It seemed like a nice enough place. "Well we finally got here....." She said, trailing off and glancing at Ada with a playful smirk. "It only took us ten... .twenty tries to get it right."

She chuckled slightly and glanced up as a woman came up to them asking if they wanted a table for 3. She nodded her head affirmatively and led the group after the waitress to a secluded table in the corner of the room. She thankfully had some muggle money on her as well as magical money. She yawned stealthily and dropped into a seat at the table. "It's been a long day... I'm starving. What about you Lyv?" She refrained from mentioning the fact that she probably wouldn't be starving if she had actually eaten more than a bite of breakfast. She just was never very hungry when she woke up, and she already felt like she was intruding on the Blythe's and being a bother. Eating their food as well seemed like a double whammy to the kind family. And there she went worry about everyone else but herself again. She really needed to kick that habit... or at least worry about her own safety, health and money every once in awhile too.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:45 pm
User Image

Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Wearing at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chelle and Lyvspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tiredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'It was so not twenty tries...' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide frowned a bit when Michelle said it'd taken them twenty tries to find the correct path to the restaurant. It so had not.... it'd been 16. She sighed a bit, rolling her eyes in exasperation. "Okay, so I had some trouble finding it. London is huge, and I've only been here one bloody time, after all." Ada smiled, though, glad to be off her feet when they sat down. She grabbed a menu, looking it over, not even remotely sure what she wanted to eat. She was starving, though. She pulled out her money bag to check and see how much Muggle money she had on her, so she'd know how much she could conceivably spend. Her eyes widened when she realized the amount she'd been walking around with in her purse. If it didn't have an anti-theft Charm on it, she'd have been worried. There was quite a bit of money there. She guessed she didn't really go anywhere in Muggle London very often, and when she did she was with her family, who always paid for things out of their wallets, not hers. She smiled and looked at the girls. "Lunch is on me. I'm never gonna spend all this otherwise," she said, knowing Michelle would likely argue, but not really caring. With everything that was going on, she didn't know what Michelle's finances were like, so she had no way of knowing if eating out was really in her budget. She didn't know where the blonde got her money from, but she knew Olyvia had been concerned about where the money for her broom was coming from. Ada's parents had quite a bit of money in savings, and they always doted on their daughter, so she wasn't remotely worried about it.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:28 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle smirked as Ada grumbled. It had been close enough to 20 that she didn't care. They probably would have kept wandering too, if Michelle hadn't spotted the place. She picked up the menu and looked it over thoughtfully. She was wondering just how lenient she would have to be with the cash she had on her. Her stores in the wizarding world weren't bad and she technically (if the need really arose) could go beg her father for a key to the family vault, but her muggle stash was... small at best. She blinked and looked up when Ada said she was paying. She thought about it for a few seconds before shurgging and nodding. "Okay." She said simply before returning her eyes to the menu. What did she want to eat though. That was the real question. She wasn't sure just what she was hungry for. Fighting with Ada had kind of killed her appetite.

Olyvia skipped into the restaurant behind the two older girls and took a seat at the table. When Ada said she was paying, the young girl nodded her head in confirmation and looked over the menu. It all looked really good, but she didn't know what she actually wanted to eat. There were so many choices and she wasn't the best at choices. She chewed on her lip, thinking very hard about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:55 pm
User Image

Ada opened her mouth when, in a completely uncharacteristic manner, Michelle accepted Ada's offer to buy. She was going to say something, but decided that, in light of the fact that they'd already had one fight today, she'd not say anything. She didn't want to risk upsetting the Slytherin. Besides, she figured Michelle must be pretty strapped for cash if she was just accepting the offer without debate. It wasn't like her to accept help of any sort. So, Ada simply smiled at Michelle, hoping to pick her spirits up a little. The Hufflepuff had always had the ability to get over such arguments fairly easily. Michelle had promised to try and be more careful, and to warn her if it were possible next time she risked her skin. That was good enough, for now at least. Ada still wished Michelle would stop putting herself in harms way every other second, but she knew it probably wasn't going to happen anytime soon. And after finding out about what Vincent did to her, it was somewhat understandable. She wasn't used to not being in danger, after all. So, Ada was more than happy to put it all behind them. Now if only Michelle could be a bit more chipper. "I think I'm going to get some Roast Mutton. What about you guys?"

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle smirked at Ada's slightly obvious shock at her just giving in to letting the smaller girl pay. She eyed the menu for a couple more seconds as Ada asked what they would be getting. She was glad the girl was no longer mad at her. She didn't hold grudges... well she didn't hold grudges about petty things like a stupid fight between her and her best friend. She smiled slightly at the Hufflepuffs at the table with her. It was sort of ironic wasn't it. A Slytherin through and through who's best friend and little sister were both Hufflepuffs? She couldn't get over the irony of that. She was about to answer Ada's question when the waitress came over to the table. "What can I get you three today?" She asked in an overly chipper voice that made Michelle want to strangle the girl immediately. She refrained from doing such though and just grimaced in annoyance. "I'd like a sweet ice tea and Yorkshire Pudding." She said, mimicking the girl's overly sweet voice sarcastically and making her frown for a second before returning to her forced smiled. Michelle smirked slightly at that. She oh so enjoyed being able to break through all these annoying facades around her. It was amusing, to say the least.  

OIyvia smiled at the two older girls. She was happy they were no longer fighting and were perfectly fine with each other. That was one good thing about Michelle. If the problem wasn't something big, and it didn't hurt the people she cared about, she didn't hold grudges. She glanced at the waitress and she spoke and sighed. She was really hoping Michelle wasn't going to be- and there she went being obnoxious and kind of mean. Olyvia swallowed and put a smile on her face as she looked at the waitress. Her smile was kind and even a bit apologetic. Michelle was a prat sometimes.... a lot of the time, and Olyvia found herself apologizing for the Slytherin often. "I'd like fish and chips please!" She said cheerfully. She paused, thinking about a drink. "Hm.... I guess I'll have... raspberry iced tea please!" She giggled and handed over her menu to the waitress.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:38 pm
User Image

Ada frowned a bit at Michelle's reaction to the waitress' friendly attitude. Maybe the girl had laid it on a bit thick, but hey, she was working for tips! She had to be nice to the customers! And maybe she was just a nice person, anyway! Ada couldn't help but notice that the girl's tone hadn't really been that far of a cry from her own. She wondered for a moment if Michelle ever found her annoying like that... she kicked the Slytherin under the table, not hard, just enough to reprimand her for being mean. "I'll have a tea, with milk. And an order of Roast Mutton, please." She smiled warmly at the girl, not apologetically like Olyvia had, but friendly. To show that not everyone at the table was offended by niceties. She glanced at Michelle, not annoyed or angry, just a bit exasperated that the Slytherin had to act like that to everyone she didn't already know. She knew that Michelle had her shields up at all times, but she didn't have to be so mean. Being polite and being fake were not the same thing, contrary to what some people might think.

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle winced slightly as Ada kicked her. She didn't deserve that!.... okay maybe she did... but did everyone have to be so overly fake and cheerful. It was practically unnatural. Ada was one thing. Ada wasn't always cheerful and didn't have that stupid smile plastered to her face like the waitress. She sighed and watched the woman walk away before turning stony eyes on her best friend. "Kicking? Really? Are we 12 now?" She teased with a smirk. She toyed with a lock of her hair and glanced around the restaurant, thinking silently.

She wondered where Vincent was now. Where he was hiding. He must think they had surely finally reported him to the authorities, but they hadn't and she refused to let the Blythe's do so. She wasn't letting just anyone deal with him. He was her problem. He was her childhood and her torture, and now she would be the solution. She didn't know how yet, or even how she wanted to make him pay, but she sure as hell was going to make sure it was her.... and maybe with a bit of help. She had options.... options that she was going to consider fully before deciding what to do with him. She doubted he would attack again.... at least not anytime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 pm
User Image

When Michelle accused her of acting twelve, Ada's eyebrow arched, and she gestured towards Olyvia. Who was, in fact, twelve. Then she gave her friend a somewhat strained smile. "C'mon, Chelle. She probably needs good tips to make rent or something. Waiting tables doesn't pay well without them. Be nice to her." She noticed a slight change in her friend's expression, and thought, at first, that it was in response to her getting onto the Slytherin over her mistreatment of the waitress, but no, that wasn't it. She picked up on the cause pretty quickly, and scowled. "Stop thinking about him. I don't care what revenge scheme you're concocting. We're at lunch. Hadn't today already been stressful enough without adding him on top of it?" Ada knew that Michelle wanted to hurt him, and probably would one day. But as of right now, they had no idea where he was, no idea how to find him, and anyway, Michelle probably wasn't quite capable of really hurting him just yet. So it was best to shelve it, at least for now. Besides, Olyvia didn't need her sister reminding her of it all with a sour mood. Ada knew that Michelle thought no one could read her, but if her best friend had been able to figure it out from looking at her face, her sister certainly could.

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:12 am
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle smirked slightly at Ada's gesture to Olyvia and the face her sister pulled at her. She shrugged and put up her hands in defeat. "Fine fine! I'll be nice just for you." She said with a roll of her eyes. It wasn't her fault the waitress was bad at impressing her and making money. And she didn't have to be nice to her in order for Ada to give her a tip. Honestly if she wasn't nice, Ada was more likely to give her an even better tip for having to deal with her. So wasn't Ada contradicting herself by telling her to be nice and saying she needed good tips.... Michelle shrugged again and sighed at the scowl Ada was now giving her. Yeah, not thinking about the asshat was harder than she made it sound. "I'm pretty sure he's already on top of all that stress anyways Ada." Michelle pointed out, glancing at her little sister with a sigh. She was pretty sure that stress would always be with them, no matter what happened to Vincent. It had gone on to long to just forget about and not think about.

Olyvia made a face at her sister as the mention of acting like a 12 year old. She was 12 and she didn't act that immature! Then again, she had been forced to grow up pretty quickly with the family she had. She immediately tuned out the conversation when it turned to her father though. She didn't know what to think or how to feel about him. He was her father. She loved him.... but she hated him. She figured she'd leave it to Mitchy, just like she always did. Her big sister always knew what was best for them, and would never purposely hurt her, so she left it to her. Michelle was a bit deranged, but she was always doing what was best for them, and taking care of them. She did it like it was her job, which Olyvia supposed it basicaly was now. Her father had never known what was best for them. He'd barely been around to take care of them and when he was.... he wasn't doing anything good for them, so the job had fallen to the Slytherin. If Olyvia thought she had been forced to grow up fast then she doubted Michelle even knew the meaning of the word childhood. She was abandoned at 6 and 'rescued' by a man who beat her, all while having to take care of and basically raise Lyv. Her childhood had died the moment her actual father left her. Olyvia sighed quietly and smiled at the other two girls cheerfully. Ada was right. They needed to stop stressing and just have a good time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm
User Image

Ada shook her head a bit. He wasn't worth their time. She knew that they couldn't help it, but they could at least try to not worry about him for the time being. She knew that Michelle tended to dwell on things, though, so she decided to take a different approach and attempt to distract the girls instead. She looked at Olyvia. "So, Lyv, do you know what sort of broom you want? Or are you just going to go in and pick it out yourself?" Ada remembered getting her broom last year. It'd been a lot of fun, and pretty interesting. She wished that she could have test ridden a few of them so she'd have been able to judge how they flew, but it wasn't allowed. So, she'd satisfied herself by simply mounting the few she'd tried to see what felt comfortable in her hands and underneath her. Her Oakshaft was pretty great. She knew that there were fancier brooms on the market, and that she could have had whatever one she'd wanted, but she didn't really care about all that. She just wanted something that felt right.

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:46 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle sighed and leaned back in her chair as Ada purposefully changed the subject. A small smirk had crawled onto her lips as she watched her best friend and her sister talk. It was nice to have some sense of normalcy for once in her life, but she was also starting to get restless. Part of her just wanted to run off and disappear to some hide away for the rest of summer, but she knew that would hurt her best friend and Ada's family. She sighed and twirled a piece of hair around her finger, thinking. It would be so east to just run off, like she always did. As Tay had said before. It was easier to ask forgiveness than permission, but running off now, would just freak everyone out. They'd think Vincent had got to her or something. And even she wasn't that cruel... at least not to them. She sighed and dropped her hair, returning her attention to the conversation at hand.

Olyvia smiled widely at the topic of her broom. She thought on her question and blinked, before shrugging and messing up her hair. "I dunno. I haven't really thought about it. I don't know to much about brooms..... something better than the old school brooms but still cheapish... I guess?" She shrugged. She didn't really know how much brooms cost or how much Michelle had to spend. She chewed on her lip for a couple seconds before shrugging again. "What do you suggest Ada? What broom do you have? What's best for the chaser position?" She blinked wide eyes at the older hufflepuff. She wanted to do even better at Quidditch in the coming year, which meant she would need a better broom than the ratty old school brooms.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 pm
User Image

Ada smiled thoughtfully at Lyv's question. Honestly, she had no idea what sort of broom the younger girl would like. She'd chosen hers because it was sleek but had a sort of earthy quality to it. It'd just felt warm to her, somehow. It didn't really make sense, but she didn't know how else to explain it. Instead of saying that and getting weird looks from her friends, she just shrugged. "Mine's an Oakshaft. It rides pretty well, and it's comfortable. They don't let you take them for a test run or anything, so you sort of have to just see which one feels right to hold and to mount. It's the best you can do, really. But you had to use a school broom last year, so anything will be better than that." Ada knew that certain brooms were supposed to be designed for different positions, like that the Beater brooms were sturdier to withstand being held tight while the rider smacked a Bludger, and the Seeker brooms were more aerodynamic so that the riders could reach the highest possible speed to keep up with the tiny Snitch. But she honestly had no idea what brooms were made for what position. They might have to ask.

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Michelle listened silently on the topic of brooms. She didn't have much to say on that. She was toying with a piece of her hair, watching the wonder and excitement on her sister's face with a tiny smile. Her slight good mood was ruined yet again though as the peppy waitress came back carrying a tray of their food and drinks. She set down the plates infront of their correct people and smiled widely at the table "Can I get you 3 lovely girls anything else?" She asked cheerfully. Michelle refrained from rolling her eyes and shoved a bite of food into her mouth before she could make a snarky comment towards the lady and piss off Ada again. She chewed slowly, trying to draw out the bite until the waitress left. She was trying at least! Ada couldn't reprimand her for that.... right? She swallowed and quickly sipped her tea, glaring at the girl silently. She could see the waitress blatantly ignoring her very presence and it made her smirk and just want to be even ruder to her. She gulped down more of her drink and finally the woman walked away and she returned her attention to her sister and best friend, quirking her eyebrow at them. 

Olyvia listened to Ada's description of getting her broom and nodded her head slowly. She was more than excited for the process.... even if she couldn't test ride the brooms before buying. She was sure if a broom felt right it would be right... kinda like a wand. She giggled and clapped her hands excitedly. That was when the waitress walked up. "Thank you!" She said happily as her fish and chips were set down in front of her. She immediately grabbed a chip and munched on it, smiling at the waitress and stifling giggles at Michelle's actions. She was tempted to draw out the interaction just to annoy her big sister, but felt that would probably be a bad idea on her part. Instead she glanced at Ada and shrugged. "I'm good for now..... ooh actually could you bring me some malt vinegar for this?" She asked with a large smile.

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff