Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Hi. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm
Masamune Breaker
XrosHeartless
You don't need and excuse, you can talk to me about anything emotion_yatta

Oh. Ok. -talks to you about why horses always look bad in CG- x.x;

I think that was the only thing we had in common, except you had the new Dante on your profile and I put the classic Dante on mine. .-.

I almost did a cosplay, but this is my only noncosplay avatar so I decided to leave it as it is. Being in cosplay all the time is just another way of hiding myself and the point of coming here was to stop doing that. .3.
I like both Dantes but I specifically put the new one just to troll people. I wanted to cosplay him but I could never get enough gold.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:43 pm
XrosHeartless
I like both Dantes but I specifically put the new one just to troll people. I wanted to cosplay him but I could never get enough gold.

Lol trolling. l3 I don't like him. -kicks off cliff- But whatevers. o3o.

I wonder how many people would flip out if you did make a cosplay. I used to get railed on over my Cloud all the time, jeez. O_o Being Cloud is like being a troll-magnet. He like offends people or something.

Masamune Breaker

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:14 pm
Masamune Breaker
XrosHeartless

Lol trolling. l3 I don't like him. -kicks off cliff- But whatevers. o3o.

I wonder how many people would flip out if you did make a cosplay. I used to get railed on over my Cloud all the time, jeez. O_o Being Cloud is like being a troll-magnet. He like offends people or something.

Probably alot lol. What I really wanted to do was cosplay him irl, just to see how stupid people will act over it. It's seriously rediculous how stupid people can get over little things.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:27 pm
XrosHeartless
Probably alot lol. What I really wanted to do was cosplay him irl, just to see how stupid people will act over it. It's seriously rediculous how stupid people can get over little things.

I would rather fight over something stupid like a game than fight over some heated real-life controversial topic. I ranted in my online journal about how stupid the new Kingdom Hearts games are, and somebody actually sent me a private message going "It's just a game, calm down..." and I was like uhm... no s**t? I'm not taking the game too seriously, you're taking my random venting too seriously.

If you get mad or fight over something real, the feelings are real. But if you get mad over something that doesn't matter, then, well, it doesn't matter. So you can fight about it all you want and.... it doesn't matter! Nobody is truly offended or truly upset.

When people say it's dumb to fight over a game/etc, it's about the same as saying wrestling is dumb because it's fake. People just want to practice their trolling/arguing skills. They like to debate, fight, challenge people, etc. Better they do it on something silly that won't hurt anyone than over something real that has a lot of serious personal feelings attached to it. I've seen people online start troll arguments about rape. I'd truly rather see them troll and argue about DMC.

It took me a while of being on the internet to finally figure that out, though. I guess it took getting mad over seeing someone beat their kid in front of my house and I couldn't do anything about it and nobody I told about it cared, and then comparing that feeling to being mad about Kingdom Hearts. If I'm gonna be mad, I'd rather be mad about the game. If I'm gonna argue about something, I'd rather argue about why classic Dante is better than new Dante instead of why rape is or isn't wrong.

Masamune Breaker

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:40 pm
Masamune Breaker
XrosHeartless

I would rather fight over something stupid like a game than fight over some heated real-life controversial topic. I ranted in my online journal about how stupid the new Kingdom Hearts games are, and somebody actually sent me a private message going "It's just a game, calm down..." and I was like uhm... no s**t? I'm not taking the game too seriously, you're taking my random venting too seriously.

If you get mad or fight over something real, the feelings are real. But if you get mad over something that doesn't matter, then, well, it doesn't matter. So you can fight about it all you want and.... it doesn't matter! Nobody is truly offended or truly upset.

When people say it's dumb to fight over a game/etc, it's about the same as saying wrestling is dumb because it's fake. People just want to practice their trolling/arguing skills. They like to debate, fight, challenge people, etc. Better they do it on something silly that won't hurt anyone than over something real that has a lot of serious personal feelings attached to it. I've seen people online start troll arguments about rape. I'd truly rather see them troll and argue about DMC.

It took me a while of being on the internet to finally figure that out, though. I guess it took getting mad over seeing someone beat their kid in front of my house and I couldn't do anything about it and nobody I told about it cared, and then comparing that feeling to being mad about Kingdom Hearts. If I'm gonna be mad, I'd rather be mad about the game. If I'm gonna argue about something, I'd rather argue about why classic Dante is better than new Dante instead of why rape is or isn't wrong.

I don't know, I think I'd much rather argue over something that mattered than waste time arguing and getting so worked up over something trivial. But that's just me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 pm
XrosHeartless
I don't know, I think I'd much rather argue over something that mattered than waste time arguing and getting so worked up over something trivial. But that's just me.

There are two kinds of arguments. The first is based on fact and evidence, and the point is to see which side is correct. The second is based on emotion, and the person who gets the maddest is the loser. It doesn't matter what you're discussing/fighting over. It doesn't matter if it's a game, or religion, or politics, or sex, or whatever. You're still either proving a point, or getting pissed off. No matter what the topic is, serious or not, friendly sparring and mature discussion is fine. No matter what the topic is, serious or not, petty quarreling out of anger is dumb and pointless.

People don't truly get that worked up over silly stuff. It's not "This game/etc is better because..." that truly makes you mad, it's being told you're wrong. People who fight over games are just fighters by nature and will fight over anything, but fighting over something small is better than fighting over something big.

Sure, it's annoying when your favorite game gets screwed up, but it's not the same kind of feeling you get when you've been sexually abused and some troll is telling you that rape is okay because anyone who's ever been raped deserved it/wanted it/it doesn't really hurt anybody/etc.

If people wanna fight over something harmless that doesn't hurt anybody, then let them. Encouraging them to fight over something real that causes real pain is what's stupid. o3o.

It took me 45 minutes to write this.

Masamune Breaker

MadPad

Fluffy Cat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm
Masamune Breaker

I would tell you who Canaan is but you said you didn't want spoilies. >u<

He has yellow eyes and a tattoo on his neck, he's pretty. He has really wide hips like I do. 4laugh

There's a lot of myself in the story, like how Canaan isn't a real guy and he always thinks Scott would be happier with a human, and Scott thinks no real person would ever love him. Canaan is a Realian and they don't reject each other, they accept everyone, they don't see beauty or ugliness, etc. Scott has really low self esteem and he thinks this is the best he can ever ask for, just some really hot guy who's neither turned on by you nor turned off, somebody who isn't really attracted to you but at least he doesn't mind holding your hand and stuff. Additionally, since Canaan is an artificial person, he has a master. He doesn't belong to Scott and he never will, so they can never really truly be completely together, etc, because someone else has control over him. It's not quite exactly the same as an online/long-distance relationship, but they're limited in how much time they can spend with each other and they know they can never be married or live together, etc. And of course, people tease Scott because his boyfriend isn't real.

It's all about what it really means to love somebody. Scott loves Canaan enough to not care that he isn't a real guy and wants to be with him anyway even though they can't have sex, but Canaan loves Scott enough to know he'd be happier with a human instead of a pretend person (he loves him enough to know he's not what's best for him).

It's obviously a parody of my life. The characters are faced with a situation similar to myself but they work their way through it and find happiness in the end. I suppose maybe the point of the story is to set an example of what real love is, and what is just boring sexual attraction. Or maybe Scott is just an idealized character who is willing to date a person he can't have sex with and Canaan is that fantasy hero who will accept you no matter what or how different you are, and they're both just a way to escape life for a while, something to dream about at night so you wake up a little bit happier the next morning. Maybe, probably, only people like me would really understand the subliminal message in the story. But hopefully it's fun for normal people to read as well because of the humor and painstaking effort I put into the artwork.

-floats around rambling for hours about it-

His hips don't look really that wide to me... *rubs eyes* Damn, where did I put my glasses again? =n=~

I'm not an expert on love... but I'm sure you one could interprete there characters in another way and get a different message. Like Canaan, you may see him as the "fantasy hero who will accept you no matter what", but you could somehow see him as an illusion, the artificial last resort of someone who already gave up on love. I hope I got you right that Canaan can't feel attracted to anyone. Can he feel passion? Does he have any feelings at all? Is it really love when Canaan knows that Scott be happier with a real person, or is it just artificial rationality?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:16 pm
Masamune Breaker
XrosHeartless

There are two kinds of arguments. The first is based on fact and evidence, and the point is to see which side is correct. The second is based on emotion, and the person who gets the maddest is the loser. It doesn't matter what you're discussing/fighting over. It doesn't matter if it's a game, or religion, or politics, or sex, or whatever. You're still either proving a point, or getting pissed off. No matter what the topic is, serious or not, friendly sparring and mature discussion is fine. No matter what the topic is, serious or not, petty quarreling out of anger is dumb and pointless.

People don't truly get that worked up over silly stuff. It's not "This game/etc is better because..." that truly makes you mad, it's being told you're wrong. People who fight over games are just fighters by nature and will fight over anything, but fighting over something small is better than fighting over something big.

Sure, it's annoying when your favorite game gets screwed up, but it's not the same kind of feeling you get when you've been sexually abused and some troll is telling you that rape is okay because anyone who's ever been raped deserved it/wanted it/it doesn't really hurt anybody/etc.

If people wanna fight over something harmless that doesn't hurt anybody, then let them. Encouraging them to fight over something real that causes real pain is what's stupid. o3o.

It took me 45 minutes to write this.

For the most part I've just learned to ignore trolls, but the way I see it, people who say that rape is ok for whatever reason are probably rapists themselves and are seeking justification.

But I feel so bad talking to you about this, you spend so long working up these long and thought out responsise and I can barely come up with a few sentences OTL  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Masamune Breaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 pm
XrosHeartless
For the most part I've just learned to ignore trolls, but the way I see it, people who say that rape is ok for whatever reason are probably rapists themselves and are seeking justification.

But I feel so bad talking to you about this, you spend so long working up these long and thought out responsise and I can barely come up with a few sentences OTL

It takes me a long time because I'm afraid of not expressing myself right. I tend to say stuff and then people misunderstand and I gotta keep saying it a different way until they finally get what I mean. e.e; So I spend forever fixing it and reading it and fixing it until it looks like it probably says what I'm trying to say without being confusing or whatever.

I actually hate myself because 1. I talk too much, and 2. I take too long to say it. v.v It's like I can't converse normally or something.

But yay, I got you to post more than just emoticons. cB -grabs and huggles-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:29 pm
Masamune Breaker
XrosHeartless

It takes me a long time because I'm afraid of not expressing myself right. I tend to say stuff and then people misunderstand and I gotta keep saying it a different way until they finally get what I mean. e.e; So I spend forever fixing it and reading it and fixing it until it looks like it probably says what I'm trying to say without being confusing or whatever.

I actually hate myself because 1. I talk too much, and 2. I take too long to say it. v.v It's like I can't converse normally or something.

But yay, I got you to post more than just emoticons. cB -grabs and huggles-

*huggles* There's nothing you can really do about the way you talk, you shouldn't be ashamed of it.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Masamune Breaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:20 am
XrosHeartless
*huggles* There's nothing you can really do about the way you talk, you shouldn't be ashamed of it.

Your chocolate bunny is in a different pose every time I see you.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 am
Masamune Breaker

Canaan is programmed with "suppressed emotions" and never appears to feel anything toward anyone. When Scott finds this out in the story obviously he's tragically heartbroken. There's some pieces of Canaan's story that are missing from the game and I'm patching it together with my comic. Canaan does feel emotions, and his feelings are passionate enough that he kills himself in Episode III in order to save his friends. The subtitle of Episode I translates to "The Will to Power" and his master goes on and on about the strength of a human's will and blah blah, so I'm assuming Canaan's will is too powerful to be suppressed. "Love conquers all" and so forth. His feelings are very real.

He does love Scott, and all his friends, but he has no sex drive (Realians don't breed). He improvises their love scene and does it only for Scott's benefit and not for himself. He has no interest in sex at all, but he knows Scott does. At first Canaan isn't interested in Scott at all but eventually learns to trust him, then starts to like him. Later on he falls in love with him, but the more he loves him the more he realizes Scott deserves to be with a real human who can do all the stuff only real humans can do. He's a special person and it hurts Canaan to know he's denying him a more fulfilling relationship with someone else as long as they're together.

In Scott's case, he just thought Canaan was really hot. Then he found out "Oh, you're not real..." but he liked Canaan's personality and wanted to get to know him anyway (Scott doesn't have very many close friends). When he asks Canaan out he says "Well I can't have sex with you, so if that's what you're interested in then don't bother." And then Scott is all like, Of course that's not what I'm interested in, not that I'm not interested in it, but it's not the ONLY thing I'm interested in... and explains he wants a friend, not just someone to sleep with. To which Canaan responds, if we don't have sex then aren't we just friends, not boyfriends? And Scott teaches him how to kiss and hold hands and cuddle and go on dates and all that stuff. To Scott, having a boyfriend means a lot more than just sleeping together. He wants someone he can talk to and spend time with and be close to. He's always been alone; if he can have that closeness, that emotional connection with somebody, then sex doesn't matter. If the best Canaan can do with him is just touch him, it's still better than jerking off alone.

Scott did give up on ever being loved by a real person. Canaan tells him that any Realian will accept him and love him and he'd be better off if he dated one of the pretty new models who are designed to have sex, and if he buys one of his own he can marry it and live with it and such and won't have to borrow someone else's. Scott doesn't want another Realian, he wants Canaan. There's something special about Canaan that Scott likes, not just only the fact Canaan won't reject him. He didn't know Canaan was a Realian when they first met, that wasn't what originally attracted him.

>BL Well they ARE. He has Yuichi Nakamura hips. But he has the shoulders to balance them, whereas I don't. v.v~ He does have a different body type from some of the other guys in the game. That's what I like about Xenosaga, everybody is so unique.

Glasses are sexy. >.<

Damn, I couldn't resist to read the spoiler. >n< But that's so sweet! gonk heart It warms my heart... and my pants, I don't know why though... sweatdrop

I'd prefer him with smaller shoulders, I like it when the hips look a little broader. whee  

MadPad

Fluffy Cat

Masamune Breaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 am
MadPad
Damn, I couldn't resist to read the spoiler. >n< But that's so sweet! gonk heart It warms my heart... and my pants, I don't know why though... sweatdrop

I'd prefer him with smaller shoulders, I like it when the hips look a little broader. whee

It's hard to explain without giving away everything that happens in the story. >.<;;; I know it's not an award-winner storyline, but it's not supposed to be. This is supposed to be a simple, easy project to get me started before I tackle my bigger and more complex plot ideas.

Canaan has wide-set hips balanced by broad shoulders, all his muscles are defined and powerful, etc. Scott is just plain, has no muscle definition, etc, but he's not really sleek and slender either. He's just ordinary. Scott is supposed to be boringly normal and Canaan is a perfect, ideal body. It gets tricky sometimes to draw different body types. My gosh Scott is so hot to me. x A x ;; I love drawing him in that tight little jumpsuit thing he wears. Most people reading the story drool over Canaan, though.

-flaunts big hips- Bl They're handy as battering-rams when the front door gets stuck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm
Masamune Breaker

It's hard to explain without giving away everything that happens in the story. >.<;;; I know it's not an award-winner storyline, but it's not supposed to be. This is supposed to be a simple, easy project to get me started before I tackle my bigger and more complex plot ideas.

Canaan has wide-set hips balanced by broad shoulders, all his muscles are defined and powerful, etc. Scott is just plain, has no muscle definition, etc, but he's not really sleek and slender either. He's just ordinary. Scott is supposed to be boringly normal and Canaan is a perfect, ideal body. It gets tricky sometimes to draw different body types. My gosh Scott is so hot to me. x A x ;; I love drawing him in that tight little jumpsuit thing he wears. Most people reading the story drool over Canaan, though.

-flaunts big hips- Bl They're handy as battering-rams when the front door gets stuck.

I believe there's something to every type of body, there's no thing as a boringly normal body to me (those supposedly perfect Hollywood bodies bore the crap out of me though <_< ). Well... why drool over just one of them anyway? Hurr hurr. emotion_awesome

I bet they have their advantages. wink Like... additional thrust. ninja  

MadPad

Fluffy Cat

Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out